Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

i assume twitch is getting ddosed by clowns angry about them banning trump

regardless they're still goin on ahead. i wouldn't be surprised if they hit 1M tonight

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

that pokemon run was cool

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Seems like they're at least a bit closer to normal now.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

The 7th Guest posted:

i assume twitch is getting ddosed by clowns angry about them banning trump

.... Trump had a twitch account?

Rip_Van_Winkle
Jul 21, 2011

"When life gives you ghosts, you make ghost-robots"

I think this is a philosophy we can all aspire to.

pokemon platinum was a nice relaxing midday run, in no small part due to the excellent group dynamic the commentary had

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Heinki owns and his stream last time with him on the bouncy ball was a delight.

1982 Subaru Brat
Feb 2, 2007

by Athanatos

Internet Kraken posted:

They removed PogChamp because the guy in the picture has gone full blown chud crazy

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

Internet Kraken posted:

apparently?? i had the same reaction. but i guess they had to have one so that it wouldn't get squatted

i just assume it hosted the crown prince's twitch, because i'm sure that exists also

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
1337 H4x0rz

Veib
Dec 10, 2007

I think they showed campaign rallies on the twitch channel? Bernie has one too

The 7th Guest
Dec 17, 2003

greetings from germany

algebra testes
Mar 5, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
I hired this from a Video Rental Store over a long weekend so I have plenty of fond memories of this game.

I seem to recall everyone having kick rear end French-Canadian accents in the English version.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Just jumping around enemies and ignoring objectives.

MuffiTuffiWuffi
Jul 25, 2013

TeaJay posted:

Shinobi Legions had funny cutscenes and a WR and Sammy Suricate was probably one of those games that perfectly encapsulated the moniker Awful block.

Thanks! Hopefully whatever's going on with Twitch calms down a bit.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

[small bow] [arching wave] greetings from germany

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Well that escalated quickly.

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Greetings from Germany to Germany

nordichammer
Oct 11, 2013
I fell asleep during Pinobee last night. What are the good Awful games after that?

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

"Okay, AI manipulation!" *dies immediately* "Wooaaah! Well, I guess we didn't get it!"

itry
Aug 23, 2019

Nothing a quicksave can't fix.

Musical_Daredevil
Dec 23, 2008

Need some backup NOW!

Yeah...

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

Halo 3 has 2 hours to make 90k. I mean, GDQ has had pretty crazy last-minute incentives being met before...

Bruceski
Aug 21, 2007

The tools of a hero mean nothing without a solid core.

nordichammer posted:

I fell asleep during Pinobee last night. What are the good Awful games after that?

Dumpster Bear is a janky-looking game that's surprisingly good as a speedrun. The movement is solid and it knows how dumb the rest is.
Mr Bones is amazing.

itry
Aug 23, 2019

I'm surprised there was no Save/KillDon't save Malik incentive.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

I haven't watched it yet, but I have now had three separate people hype the mister bones run, so i'm just waiting for that to drop on youtube

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Ainsley McTree posted:

I haven't watched it yet, but I have now had three separate people hype the mister bones run, so i'm just waiting for that to drop on youtube

TBH I think you're missing out by not watching the Twitch VODs and getting to see chat lose their mind

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

Nobody in the history of the world has ever missed out on anything by avoiding twitch chat.

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

Internet Kraken posted:

TBH I think you're missing out by not watching the Twitch VODs and getting to see chat lose their mind

I'm old enough and GDQ is big enough that Twitch chat is basically unreadable to me, unfortunately, I usually turn it off even when I'm watching live.

Agent355 posted:

Nobody in the history of the world has ever missed out on anything by avoiding twitch chat.

It's fun for smaller streamers, where the chat is slow enough to actually read things, and you can keep up something like a conversation with the other chatters and the streamer but GDQ is...not that

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
Ahh yeah, gotta carefully count the number of "what the gently caress" comments to fully grasp exactly how baffled chat was, can't possibly keep up

"Slow down everyone I can't count how many times each of you are clapping" - me at the end of each song at a concert

TeaJay
Oct 9, 2012

The chat's been pretty good in these few online events. Sub-only obviously helps with it. It does move fast but it's nowhere near as terrible towards runners as it was some years ago. They've done a lot to monitor it. It's been fun to watch the reactions during some popular runs and shout in the wind myself too.

Orcs and Ostriches
Aug 26, 2010

The Great Twist
I can't feel joy unless I see MonkaS or pogchamp scroll by hundreds of times a second.

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i love watching twitch chat instead of the stream. also i prefer comedies that have a laugh track.

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stux posted:

i love watching twitch chat instead of the stream. also i prefer comedies that have a laugh track.

I'm sorry your attention span is so small you can't pay attention to more than one thing on the same screen

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

needing to pay attention to more than one thing on the same screen to enjoy it would be an indicator of a small attention span not the other way around

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Stux posted:

needing to pay attention to more than one thing on the same screen to enjoy it would be an indicator of a small attention span not the other way around

You don't need to dude its just another part of the experience you can enjoy

Quit being a loving clown

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

dunno why youre popping off at me i wasnt even the first to say it but go off lol

SeXReX
Jan 9, 2009

I drink, mostly.
And get mad at people on the internet

:emptyquote:
I used to be with it but then they changed what it was and now what I'm with ain't it and whats it seems weird and scary to me

Stux
Nov 17, 2006

i had this interview muted the first time and looked over when he was circling the oval thing and holding the pouch and didnt understand what was going on and unfortunately the same thing has happened again and its making this section v surreal. enjoying it immensely.

Azza Bamboo
Apr 7, 2018

THUNDERDOME LOSER 2021
It's a big foam gizmo with some crazy shapes hidden inside of it that lets them check how well their CAT scanners' x ray vision is working. Like an eye test for a machine that people use to see cancer.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brain In A Jar
Apr 21, 2008

This run is positively soporific