Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Soothing Vapors posted:

This is misinfo that a bunch of youtubers spread. C2 makes her ult always crit.

Correct. Also :lol: at people saying she's a crap character, at C5 at least she's a decent carry if you want physical damage.

https://youtu.be/ghiShT-b75o

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Her kit is basically designed around being a c2, which sucks as someone that got 10 copies of the other 4 stars to not get even C1.

Her autos seem based around the speed boost, and the shield is kinda awkward without the c2 to make it always just be a Fire Shield debuffer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Tae posted:

The favonious weapons are just energy recharge weapons. you don't need to crit.
The passive is what makes them good/better than sac weapons of equivalent base ATK. It's a very very good passive and at R5 it's borderline broken.

ninjoatse.cx posted:

I have a Favonious Sword and realized I just R5ed it. It's still level 1. What character and with which role does this thing really kick butt on? I have Bennet as my main sword user, but his ult seems to be limited by time already. Seems way overkill on him. It also seems to want to prefer someone on the field since you have to crit with it, I think?
Bennett's actually quite good for it if you're swapping a lot. The passive gives energy to your entire team and at R5 it can go off every 6 seconds. This goes against conventional Bennett wisdom but not many people have R5 favonious swords, it's really a game changer. You will ult a disgusting amount, imo Favonious refinements are even stronger than Sac refinements.

If your Bennett is DPS/witch build I guess you shouldn't use it - other acceptable users are Kaeya, Traveler, Jean, and if I had an R5 Favonious I'd even put it on Albedo because the effect is so broken. You want characters with 6 second or shorter cooldowns to get orbs on CD.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 01:11 on Jan 8, 2021

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Sword users are all bad with bad attacks. Favonius’ best use seems like the electric floor of abyss where you are just robbed of energy and you can use it as true emergency energy gen. So in that case I’d prolly like it on Jean or maybe Bennett. The idea being if I’m critting with them things are bad and I need help.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

kater posted:

Sword users are all bad with bad attacks.

[laughs in childe]

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Favonious R5 is amazing everywhere. Energy generation for your entire team every 6 seconds is insane. Favonious works on abilities so it doesn't require any change in playstyle. The downside of the sword specifically is its low base ATK but it's imo worth it (especially at R5).

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Radical posted:

Does the Favonius crit passive work when the character is off the field?
No. As far as I know, no weapon effects can be activated unless the character is on the field. Would make Fischl, Xiangling, etc. even more OP as damage supports if not.

Fav crit passive works really well with characters who can multihit with an E on even single targets, like Diona. Otherwise you need some crit chance on your artifacts if you want it to be reliable.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Correct. Also :lol: at people saying she's a crap character, at C5 at least she's a decent carry if you want physical damage.

https://youtu.be/ghiShT-b75o

Nice to see Werner Herzog find a new calling creating gacha guides.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

That dude's guides are good. He's much better than Jinjinx.

Ultima66
Sep 2, 2008

I started a week before Xinyang banner and felt like she was a more useful support than Xiangling.

Not that either are particularly amazing supports and I don't use either right now, but I felt like the utility of the shield was better than the bear and if you can get the damage over time proc it is good at constantly reapplying fire.

Dom is Here
Nov 11, 2016

Lipstick Apathy
My carry C5 Xinyan is running with full Bolide and Albedo so I always have a shield. It's good. Super conduct teams work too of course but using Bennet and getting the pyro resonance and faster ult charge is seems better to me at least, comparing the two.

Still refining a 2nd team before I try floor 12 but I blitzed through the other floors last rotation easy

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Xiangling is good because her ult is deranged. Best damage ult in the game imo.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

I switched the game's voice setting to English for a while to hear XY's cool Texas accent. But Ning's voice is so bad when she shouts "Submit!" during her burst animation that I had to switch it back to a gibberish language I don't speak to avoid her driving me crazy.

I just noticed the other day that Xinyan is the same English VA as Barbara, which I think must be part of why they had her do the goofy accent. I also thought it was amusing that both of the "musical celebrity" characters are the same person in a sense.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Fun fact from her lore: rock and roll is apparently a cultural export from Fontaine

Flair
Apr 5, 2016

kater posted:

Bennett melt and Physical Keqing exist, so I can't agree with that.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Did anyone actually say Xinyan sucked? I thought the consensus was she was pretty good, like Diona, but not really worth mentioning due to being neither broken OP or super bad. Everyone was too busy going apeshit over ZL to hear much about her.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

Vargs posted:

Whoever the next 4* ends up being, I hope they end up being more worthwhile than Xinyan. I don't think I've seen anyone say anything about her aside from complaining about getting too many Xinyan constellations. Might as well have never existed in the first place.

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Mailer posted:

Did anyone actually say Xinyan sucked? I thought the consensus was she was pretty good, like Diona, but not really worth mentioning due to being neither broken OP or super bad. Everyone was too busy going apeshit over ZL to hear much about her.

Vargs posted:

Whoever the next 4* ends up being, I hope they end up being more worthwhile than Xinyan. I don't think I've seen anyone say anything about her aside from complaining about getting too many Xinyan constellations. Might as well have never existed in the first place. At least Diona was a solid addition.

I mean, I took it that way at least. :shrug:

vandiar
Jul 19, 2004
In relation to Xinyan chat, here's a video of somebody soloing 11-2 part 2 with Xinyan just spinning to winning in the middle which is pretty funny. I imagine they have C6:

https://www.reddit.com/r/Genshin_Impact/comments/krlejw/managed_to_solo_run_112_with_max_stars_on_both/

Bonus Ning soloing 11-2 in the first half.

Stanko-Prussian
May 22, 2006

CLEAN YOUR ROOM!, 'they' said.
DO YOUR HOMEWORK!, 'they' said.
WHY ARE YOU IN LOVE WITH A CARTOON PONY, 'they' said.
FOR GODSAKE! STOP SHOWING US YOUR BLACKHOLE'!! 'they' said.

When I lit the match....STOP SCREAMING, 'I' said

gandlethorpe posted:

Fun fact from her lore: rock and roll is apparently a cultural export from Fontaine

Really hoping they fully lean into this and Fontaine has some weird high fantasy anglo-french rockerboy playable character with a massive pompadour.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Stanko-Prussian posted:

Really hoping they fully lean into this and Fontaine has some weird high fantasy anglo-french rockerboy playable character with a massive pompadour.

This but liberty spikes.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Xinyan is cool but I don't want a third pyro in my Diluc/Bennett team and I don't want a third shielder in my Ningguang-Zhongli team so I pretty much have her benched indefinitely.

I switched the game's voice setting to English for a while to hear XY's cool Texas accent. But Ning's voice is so bad when she shouts "Submit!" during her burst animation that I had to switch it back to a gibberish language I don't speak to avoid her driving me crazy.

Nings EN voice actor is really bad, her lines when she's dying are awful too

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

gandlethorpe posted:

Just tested, and it looks like you're right. I think the confusion comes from there being variance in how much damage you deal due to the RES shred on her C4 and DMG buff on A4, which can make it seem like you're sometimes critting and sometimes not. At least, that's what made me assume it wasn't a flat 100%

That, plus the way it's written is extremely confusing.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Yesss this mini patch fixed the obnoxious bug where using Tartaglia's ult would jam the camera under the ground

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Stanko-Prussian posted:

No, I hope they have multiple.

I want an entire band dammit.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug

No Wave posted:

Don't pull. C1 Albedo does very little pls resist, you'll find her again some day.

yeah...yeah. :sigh:

is jean(c0) or sucrose (c6) better as a VV swirlbot support? or anime MC, i suppose. Got childe/electro keqing/diluc as carries, and am generally covered on heals (although more healing never hurts)

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Both are fine. I actually like Jean a lot because her E hits so fast and it's so easy to swirl exactly the element you want for 4Viridescent. Plus then you don't have to run another healer. But on floors where you want the grouping or if you build sucrose for fat EM she can be the right choice.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

I mean, I took it that way at least. :shrug:

No, that's fair, it just wasn't quoted. Weird take that lack of drama means she might as well not exist, but she was on the banner with Internet Drama: The Character so any chatter about her would have been drowned out.

At this point if you've been playing for a few months you're probably not going to have your socks knocked off by anyone unless Mihoyo screws up and pulls another Venti/Bennet situation. Given their Childe/Albedo designs I don't think they're making that mistake again anytime soon. Feel free to quote this post as a terrible take when they screw up and Ganyu crits for 500k or Xiao solos abyss. :v:

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Clarste posted:

"All damage stacks additively" seems to contradict what people here often say about elemental damage on the cup being the single biggest boost in damage (which also tracks with my own personal experience).

I was under the impression that identical damage boosts stacked additively but distinct boosts stacked multiplicatively.
The cup is a big boost in damage because most people have triple ATK% mainstats early on as those have the most obvious impact and are more common than elemental goblets. You swap an ATK% for a DMG% boost, and those two things are multiplicative with each other. Same logic with dropping up to 46.6% ATK on the circlet for 31.1% Crit Rate or 62.2% Crit DMG, crit's multiplicative with the other two bonuses so you're getting more actual value despite sometimes losing hundreds of points of ATK in your character profile. The standard setup of a crit circlet, elemental/physical goblet, and ATK% sands is basically a nice even balance of boosts, but even the ATK% sands can be overkill on some characters (Diluc with a Wolf's Gravestone can sometimes do better with Elemental Mastery because WG is such an overkill provider of ATK%).

kater posted:

Swords are some of the best attacks, balanced movesets with decent stunlock potential. Plus Keqing, and Bennett, and Jean, and now even Kaeya I guess.

Traveler's basic attacks kinda suck though.

gandlethorpe posted:

Hold onto that poo poo. EM main stat can drop for all three (sands/goblet/circlet) but it's very rare, especially for a set it synergizes with like VV.
Guess what dropped back to back for me tonight?

The odds of this were not great, but I prevailed. The substats suck but the EM goblet mostly rolled into ER and frankly I don't give a poo poo about any other stat on Sucrose.

I still have never once gotten an ATK% Sands at 5* rarity in the VV set. Ever. Venti's still using a 4* one.

kater posted:

It’s been two weeks or so of trying to enjoy Diluc but I’ve just given up and gone back to Noelle for my claymore needs. She is just better.
While Noelle is good and valid this Diluc hate has got to stop, Fire Batman is actually cool for being easy to play, effective, satisfying, and for constantly setting himself on fire like a dork which is hilarious. Noelle can't set herself on fire, and even when the grass is on fire she's got a shield or something up and not even burning. C'mon.

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
there's some new event with hunting treasure and you get a pet seelie? possibly not live yet on NA, idk, i'm from the future

the mini seelies are just cosmetic i think, dunno yet

No Wave posted:

Both are fine. I actually like Jean a lot because her E hits so fast and it's so easy to swirl exactly the element you want for 4Viridescent. Plus then you don't have to run another healer. But on floors where you want the grouping or if you build sucrose for fat EM she can be the right choice.
thanks. might chuck some hp artifacts on them both and just see how they play - its a bit hard to get a good sense of them when they get 1shot

awesmoe fucked around with this message at 03:08 on Jan 8, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

All you do with Jean is swap into her to tap E on cooldown then Q when it's up. You can also use hold E but that's a specific Cicin mage/pyro fatui tech.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

awesmoe posted:

there's some new event with hunting treasure and you get a pet seelie? possibly not live yet on NA, idk, i'm from the future

thanks. might chuck some hp artifacts on them both and just see how they play - its a bit hard to get a good sense of them when they get 1shot

It will probably be live in 7 hours, when the NA daily reset happens

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

awesmoe posted:

yeah...yeah. :sigh:

is jean(c0) or sucrose (c6) better as a VV swirlbot support? or anime MC, i suppose. Got childe/electro keqing/diluc as carries, and am generally covered on heals (although more healing never hurts)
Jean is the worst VV support but the best healer who can also be VV support, in that no one else can do both things. She's also a quite competent gap-filler melee and has unique-ish abilities like fall damage exploitation and throwing enemies into water so they instantly drown. And she has the best cleanse.

Between the three from a VV support standpoint, Sucrose (C6) > Anemo Traveler (C6) > Jean (C0). Sucrose's Skill has two charges (3 with Sacrificial Fragments), generates a lot of particles, and her Burst sticks around a while and keeps enemies mostly stunlocked (Traveler tornado is better at sucking enemies in but it moves them away from you and doesn't linger as long). Traveler can absorb elements with their Skill which is pretty unique and has very low cooldowns for everything. Jean has a short-cooldown Skill that does a ton of damage but it also flings things away and has some difficulty hitting multiple targets at once the way Venti and Sucrose can, unless you hold it to suck enemies in (and even then it's a bit slow without C1).

But the fact Jean can VV while being a healer means she's almost always a top-tier pick for one of your Abyss teams and she's generally worth raising.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

The next set of 5 stars is Xiao and Hu Tao who have no preview of any other characters in the CBT.

Rosaria's latest rumor is 1.4, which is over 46 days away.

So at least 46 more days of horny saving up? Nice

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

awesmoe posted:

the mini seelies are just cosmetic i think, dunno yet

There’s a new post in the in-game event menu about it.

There are 3 seelie gadgets (sounds like they summon a cosmetic pet?) but you’re only allowed to choose 1. Choosing 1 gets rid of the other 2. Kinda sucks.

E: I just read Sucrose’s profile and it mentions her cat ears. I always thought those were just how she styled her hair. … is she a half-cat person?

Boris Galerkin fucked around with this message at 03:31 on Jan 8, 2021

awesmoe
Nov 30, 2005

Pillbug
event is pretty boring, you run around playing warmer/colder with a glowing seelie and then you use the dig interaction to get some coins. 5 or 6 sites per fairly small area, so you end up just running around in circles. but doesnt take too long per day at least.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Boris Galerkin posted:

E: I just read Sucrose’s profile and it mentions her cat ears. I always thought those were just how she styled her hair. … is she a half-cat person?
All she says is that the ears are "hereditary." I thought she was a dog-person since she has a bone collection (it's even one of her idle animations), but yes she is some sort of animal person. She has pawprint icons on the bottom of her boots and if you get her close enough to a wall that camera rotation makes her head semi-transparent you can see she has no human ears, which is also true of Diona. She actually styles her ears like they're her hair to hide them.

She doesn't have a tail though. On the other hand neither do any of the other cat-people in Springvale; Diona seems to be the only one with a tail (which she asserts is real, like her ears; her paw boots and gloves appear to just be fashion).

Nakar fucked around with this message at 03:41 on Jan 8, 2021

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Sucrose has also stalked Diona thoroughly enough to determine they don't share a common ancestor

semi-related:

https://twitter.com/6ho_psb98/status/1347133816159158275?s=19

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold

awesmoe posted:

event is pretty boring, you run around playing warmer/colder with a glowing seelie and then you use the dig interaction to get some coins. 5 or 6 sites per fairly small area, so you end up just running around in circles. but doesnt take too long per day at least.

Wasting countless hours completing all the archaeology achievements in WoW has prepared me for this moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013
Huh, just hit 40 and the unlocked domain levels certainly escalated from what they were before.