Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Skwirl posted:

I watched it and there's a poo poo ton of editing for a two minute speech from the president. They even change cameras. It's super weird.

All of his videos have a ton of edits to get around him probably rambling and/or raging.

But this is a definite concession. Probably told him shut up or they'll 25A him and ruin his ~reputation~ the only thing he cares about

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

lol he immediately lies with “actually I called in the National Guard right away!” like 15 seconds in

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Skwirl posted:

What is inpatient neuro mostly? Head injuries, people with epilepsy, being the guy House asks for help?

Strokes and weird poo poo.

Getting consulted on neuro loving ruled. Cardiac, IM, Pulm all sitting there with 2-3 students each, and me just strutting in like "neuro's here motherfuckers"

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Freaquency posted:

lol he immediately lies with “actually I called in the National Guard right away!” like 15 seconds in

Maybe he called them to say absolutely do not go in there, you stay where you are.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

The last couple days is the first time Hawley's name has really stuck with me, and it feels like a season finale where the old big bad is fading away and they have a little teaser of someone who you'll be getting very familiar with in the next season.

Leperflesh posted:

sorry I wasn't around to answer your snow question, looks like someone else got it covered
also I had no idea, I figured some weird kind of snow, there's lots of kinds I guess

You're cancelled. The answer was rime ice, which is like hoar frost, except when it's forming rime ice actually goes through the liquid phase instead of accumulating via deposition, so it is formed under different weather conditions. That's the cliffnotes version of the wikipedia page, or at least as I remember it hours later.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

oh yeah, that

https://twitter.com/covid19tracking/status/1347351817429032962?s=21

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Uh

https://twitter.com/shomaristone/status/1347351133132644358

MakaVillian
Aug 16, 2003

Well, in Whoville they say - that his tiny hands grew three sizes that day.

Spoeank posted:

But this is a definite concession. Probably told him shut up or they'll 25A him and ruin his ~reputation~ the only thing he cares about

My thoughts exactly. Which is a shame because he definitely needs to be removed from office even if it's 3 years and 50 weeks too late.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
https://twitter.com/EricHaywood/status/1347337775520079874
yikesaroo

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
https://twitter.com/sepinwall/status/1347354696328032256?s=21

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Vertical Lime posted:

oh yeah, that

Even as someone who is paying attention it's so easy to just...gloss over this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1347354468308942850

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

Even as someone who is paying attention it's so easy to just...gloss over this poo poo.

https://twitter.com/Relentlessbored/status/1347354468308942850

Because, as written, it’s false. 2.8m people died in the US in each of 2018 and 2019. That’s nearly 8k people/day on average.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗

pmchem posted:

Because, as written, it’s false. 2.8m people died in the US in each of 2018 and 2019. That’s nearly 8k people/day on average.

Are you ever not a disingenuous rear end in a top hat?

At least GD is funny. You're just the NYT editorial section.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

pmchem posted:

It is, of course, comparing daily deaths related to the current plague against historical events that we consider disasters. This does not seem like a useless comparison to me.

But I guess you can break down the numbers and turn it into an ad for seat belts or encouraging people not to smoke too if you want, I don't care as long as you also don't deny the current disaster.

swickles
Aug 21, 2006

I guess that I don't need that though
Now you're just some QB that I used to know

pmchem posted:

They didn't die from a single cause dipshit

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Grittybeard posted:

It is, of course, comparing daily deaths related to the current plague against historical events that we consider disasters. This does not seem like a useless comparison to me.

But I guess you can break down the numbers and turn it into an ad for seat belts or encouraging people not to smoke too if you want, I don't care as long as you also don't deny the current disaster.

It’s not useless but drat, you entirely lose the context of something like Antietam when the population was less than 1/10 of what it is now. I just think it’s a crappy abuse of statistics. Of course the ongoing pandemic is a disaster.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

seiferguy posted:

I heard he cleared out all the souvenir stores of novelty name license plates beforehand too

https://twitter.com/canberratimes/status/1347280688110735361?s=19

"You talking to me?" "No, my president's name is also Bort"

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

swickles posted:

They didn't die from a single cause dipshit

lack of perfusion

checkmate, lieberal

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
For scale, every day Americans die from...

1,773 - Heart Disease
1,641 - Cancer
465 - Accidental
439 - Respiratory Diseases
401 - Strokes
332 - Alzheimer
229 - Diabetes
152 - Influenza
139 - Kidney Disease
129 - Suicide

The daily death rate for COVID currently is now greater than the top three normal causes of death.

quote:

As of January 5, 2021, an average of around 1,039 people per day have died from COVID-19 in the U.S. since the first case was confirmed in the country on January 20th.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

For scale, every day Americans die from...

1,773 - Heart Disease
1,641 - Cancer
465 - Accidental
439 - Respiratory Diseases
401 - Strokes
332 - Alzheimer
229 - Diabetes
152 - Influenza
139 - Kidney Disease
129 - Suicide

The daily death rate for COVID currently is now greater than the top three normal causes of death.

I think this is the better comparison. Heart disease has been the #1 killer for a long time. So surpassing that is a huge milestone of the bad kind. And I think it makes a better point than trying to compare to Antietam or something.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

Yes, that list better helps communicate the growing magnitude of the current public health crisis. Good post.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/ashleyfeinberg/status/1347369922939277315

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

There is some question as to whether "acting" sec's in the cabinet count for 25th amendment: those that are full confirmed sec's are, IMO, resigning in part because it takes the heat off them for not 25thing him.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Leperflesh posted:

There is some question as to whether "acting" sec's in the cabinet count for 25th amendment: those that are full confirmed sec's are, IMO, resigning in part because it takes the heat off them for not 25thing him.

So even their “taking a stand” moments are self-serving? Color me shocked.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s also cowardly to resign now when there’s less than two weeks to go. Like the other thousand things trump did wasn’t enough?

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

quote:

The acting U.S. attorney in Washington, Mike Sherwin, says his office has now charged 55 suspects with various offenses, including unlawful entry, assault, theft and weapons charges.

Eight suspects face gun charges. One suspect had a military style semi-automatic rifle and 11 Molotov cocktails.  

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Speaking of Rona we had 1 caught by a cleaner working at a quarantine hotel.

Whole city is going into 3 day lockdown. Mandatory masks outside the home from 6pm today.

Im kinda torn. I had a huge weekend planned including a date and picking up my rifle and fishing and seeing family. Now I get to stay home alone. But at least if theres more cases out there we can stop the infection almost immediately.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/PantalonesB/status/1347383919621124096

:drat:

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

FizFashizzle posted:

lack of perfusion

checkmate, lieberal

I laughed too loud at this

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Hurt feelings, anger linger after Pence, Trump clash

quote:

The Trump-Pence relationship is “pretty raw right now,” said one top GOP congressional aide, who described multiple phone calls in which Trump berated Pence

quote:

Republican Sen. Jim Inhofe of Oklahoma told Tulsa World, “I’ve never seen Pence as angry as he was today.”

“He said, ‘After all the things I’ve done for (Trump),’” Inhofe added.

Aaaaaaarrrrrggggg
Oct 4, 2004

ha, ha, ha, og me ekam

FizFashizzle posted:

lack of perfusion

checkmate, lieberal

:hmmyes:

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Cool, you have the ability to throw him out of office.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

BlindSite posted:

Speaking of Rona we had 1 caught by a cleaner working at a quarantine hotel.

Whole city is going into 3 day lockdown. Mandatory masks outside the home from 6pm today.

Im kinda torn. I had a huge weekend planned including a date and picking up my rifle and fishing and seeing family. Now I get to stay home alone. But at least if theres more cases out there we can stop the infection almost immediately.

man the reaction in Australia is really something to see. It still feels weird to see friends in Sydney or Melbourne without masks on doing...normal...things, or to hear about life as usual there, or see sports filled up with spectators. and I know it's been different depending on states, but they've taken it as seriously as I'd hoped the U.S. would have.

meanwhile there's a new state of emergency for Tokyo and the surrounding area that means people should work from home, restaurants should close by 8 pm, and events will be restricted in capacity and until 8 pm. This as Tokyo shot over 2,400 new cases (with a ridiculously high positive rate from tests) and Japan over 7,000 for the first time.

and waking up to an attempted autogolpe yesterday was certainly a hell of a thing.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Never listened to hi radio shows about Mulan, apparently

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Mike Pence absolutely shocked when the leopards tried to eat his face.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
We probably don't get anymore unhinged in-office Trump because I honestly think they told him they could 25A him or he could wait out the clock. The end of the dumbest era in history.

He'll be back but it just won't be the same

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

So you're saying that the guy who immediately turns on anyone who does anything even remotely against his orders turned on me for going against his orders?

e: I just can't stop watching that Animaniacs thing. Holy poo poo it's so good

Intruder fucked around with this message at 05:41 on Jan 8, 2021

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Just group watched Disney’s “Soul”

Good movie. Hits hard at existential crisis.

Perfect for quarantine :unsmith:

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Intruder posted:

So you're saying that the guy who immediately turns on anyone who does anything even remotely against his orders turned on me for going against his orders?

e: I just can't stop watching that Animaniacs thing. Holy poo poo it's so good

I’ve watched it literally dozens of times and I’ve belly laughed at every single one. It really is just perfect.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A big flaming stink
Apr 26, 2010
https://twitter.com/stephenasmith/status/1347247634684268547

stephen a smith was real loving mad today