Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Shipon
Nov 7, 2005

papa horny michael posted:

my read was that she's explicitly not saying it's john roderick so as to not be sued.

this is bullshit, if you don't have any hard evidence then it's bullshit to get someone punished for some vague feeling

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Lucky there's a family guy
Lucky there's a man who positively can do
All the things that make us
Laugh and cry

Shipon posted:

this is bullshit, if you don't have any hard evidence then it's bullshit to get someone punished for some vague feeling
then why have the internet at all. qed

thats the entire point to do this https://i.imgur.com/Jf7cI4X.mp4

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!

Victory Position posted:

welp, time to crack out the old corkboard and string,
Look, I don't care what they do at the leftist sex worker book party.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Shipon posted:

Is this your first public shaming?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

Shipon posted:

Presumably her hard evidence would be her having experienced that.

Bro Dad
Mar 26, 2010

Xaris posted:

but it is a pretty good encapsulation of the sheer stupidity of the internet that a throw-away exageratted twitter joke that was entirely forgettable ends up completely overtunring his life and getting ken pre-fired from jeopardy. you hate to see it

ehh levar burton will be a better jeopardy host anyway

papa horny michael
Aug 18, 2009

by Pragmatica

Shipon posted:

No one said anything about a vague feeling. She's obviously complaining directly about sexual harassment by him, but go off king

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

How are you people not getting this? According to that tweet that woman has been at conventions with the guy, and she said that they guy is the kind of guy who would do that to women at conventions.

Like, you can criticize the subtweet style of accusation all you want, but the accusation is very clear.

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
I WILL CUT OFF BOTH OF MY ARMS BEFORE I VOTE FOR ANYONE THAT IS MORE POPULAR THAN BERNIE!!!!!
Who cares?

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

people who believe women, scum

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

my read was that she's explicitly not saying it's john roderick so as to not be sued.

seems like a bit of a leap

https://twitter.com/LaserMWebber/status/1345784009012334594

because that sure sounds like it'd still get you sued

Halloween Jack
Sep 12, 2003
There is no accusation that can possibly make Bean Dad interesting. I'm trying to think of a more worthless and boring meme from 2020.

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Halloween Jack posted:

There is no accusation that can possibly make Bean Dad interesting. I'm trying to think of a more worthless and boring meme from 2020.
2020 was p bad but yea. covfefe was definitely one of the worst memes from that era tho but beandad being the meme to start 2021 is not a good sign of things to come

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord

a fatguy baldspot posted:

are Virgil and Bree dating?

Now we're talking

Victory Position
Mar 16, 2004

Xaris posted:

2020 was p bad but yea. covfefe was definitely one of the worst memes from that era tho but beandad being the meme to start 2021 is not a good sign of things to come

gently caress you for making me remember this

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
Shipping: it ain't just for Star Trek and Game of Thrones anymore.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

No one said anything about a vague feeling. She's obviously complaining directly about sexual harassment by him, but go off king

Quite the opposite, right?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Nothus posted:

Shipping: it ain't just for Star Trek and Game of Thrones anymore.
oh hell yes! finally my brace belden shipping fan fic will become mainstream and i'll be a millionaire

brace and felix :swoon:

Nothus
Feb 22, 2001

Buglord
FelAce or BraLix?

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Nothus posted:

FelAce or BraLix?

ill tell ya what, i won’t “feel ace” while reading it :biglips:

uber_stoat
Jan 21, 2001

Pillbug
"twerkin' on a cake in a gentrified building"

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
New first couple of podcasts?

Civilized Fishbot
Apr 3, 2011
In the old days, we'd have an emergency Chapo by now

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

good matt stream yesterday

THS
Sep 15, 2017

Farm Frenzy posted:

good matt stream yesterday

absolute top tier analysis, probably the most difficult thing to do clear headed during a totally unprecedented situation, interrupted every few minutes by him yelling and freaking out because he doesn't understand how twitch works. he's a national treasure

Farm Frenzy
Jan 3, 2007

he finally stopped getting mad at people talking about his audio levels so he could react to the hypetrain thing like an intruder broke into his house

Protagorean
May 19, 2013

by Azathoth

THS posted:

absolute top tier analysis, probably the most difficult thing to do clear headed during a totally unprecedented situation, interrupted every few minutes by him yelling and freaking out because he doesn't understand how twitch works. he's a national treasure

I died every time he was distracted by Twitch bits or a new sub Tier

Atrocious Joe
Sep 2, 2011

Xaris posted:

oh hell yes! finally my brace belden shipping fan fic will become mainstream and i'll be a millionaire

brace and felix :swoon:

Brace and London Breed is the canon ship

Dmitri-9
Nov 30, 2004

There's something really sexy about Scrooge McDuck. I love Uncle Scrooge.

THS posted:

I'm not moving to Oregon, what the hell are you talking about?

STOP SAYING OREGON

WHY WOULD I MOVE TO OREGON?

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

Atrocious Joe posted:

Brace and London Breed is the canon ship

brace breed, me daddy

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!

Dmitri-9 posted:

STOP SAYING OREGON

god dammit. god dammit I’m getting trolled on here

mcmagic
Jul 1, 2004

If you see this avatar while scrolling the succ zone, you have been visited by the mcmagic of shitty lib takes! Good luck and prosperity will come to you, but only if you reply "shut the fuck up mcmagic" to this post!
https://twitter.com/mtaibbi/status/1347371327229984768

What a dork.

KomradeX
Oct 29, 2011

Dmitri-9 posted:

STOP SAYING OREGON

I caught it on YouTube later, what was up with that?

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

he’s right

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

does Matt just stream on the pod’s twitch or does he have his own

THS
Sep 15, 2017

does Matt just stream on the pod’s twitch or does he have his own

he streams on the chapo twitch, it then gets pushed to youtube and a separate podcast stream

listening to the podcast stream without video is an Experience because you get long periods of silence and him drinking hard seltzer and staring at the chat. he cannot handle being trolled and it's very easy for the chat to rile him up. every episode lately has 20 minutes of him reading through a book about reconstruction

it's not for everyone

a fatguy baldspot
Aug 29, 2018

THS posted:

he streams on the chapo twitch, it then gets pushed to youtube and a separate podcast stream

listening to the podcast stream without video is an Experience because you get long periods of silence and him drinking hard seltzer and staring at the chat. he cannot handle being trolled and it's very easy for the chat to rile him up. every episode lately has 20 minutes of him reading through a book about reconstruction

it's not for everyone

sounds incredible. my gf loved Stavvy Solves Your Problems so maybe I can get her into this too

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry
are there any good anthology or sort of radio-drama podcasts like nightvale when it was good instead of bad? Alice Isn't Dead was very good, so stuff maybe similar to that. maybe something to put on and doze off to late at night. i'm ok wiht some creepypasta if it's done-well or interesting

Xaris
Jul 25, 2006

Laugh and cry

sounds incredible. my gf loved Stavvy Solves Your Problems so maybe I can get her into this too

yell at stavvy to bring it back. we're in lockdown again

we never got our send off show :smith:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mark immune
Dec 14, 2019

put the teacher in the cope cage imo
https://twitter.com/len0killer/status/1346957103215202305