Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Gatts posted:

I would think Rodgers would be good even into his early 40s

Please don’t say things you can’t take back.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manoueverable
Oct 23, 2010

Dubs Loves Wubs

I love seeing the idiots who are earnestly like "THIS IS BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL YOU WILL REGRET THIS!" Like, that's pretty much exactly the moment where somebody needs to pull you aside and say "hey maybe you take sports a bit too seriously and need to chill tf out"

R.D. Mangles
Jan 10, 2004

the bears are going to win Da Superbowl. Super Bowl Super Bears.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Do the Bills think this is some kind of game????

pasaluki
Feb 27, 2008

THIS WHAGON HAS NO BREAKS! I HAVE THE HEART OF THE BUUFALO the strength OF THE MOUNTAIN, THE FURY OF THE THUNDER AND MY WILL IS UNBREAKABLE! I will not surrender to KNOW ONE

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Do the Bills think this is some kind of game????

I like it. This team is confident and knows they're good.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Manoueverable posted:

I love seeing the idiots who are earnestly like "THIS IS BULLETIN BOARD MATERIAL YOU WILL REGRET THIS!" Like, that's pretty much exactly the moment where somebody needs to pull you aside and say "hey maybe you take sports a bit too seriously and need to chill tf out"

Colts watching this disgusted at players having fun at nobody’s expense

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

https://twitter.com/torisuemagoo/status/1347380471479504898?s=19

Darude - Adam Sandstorm
Aug 16, 2012

https://mobile.twitter.com/BeerAndBlank/status/1347366737474416640

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Peak tippy top tier username + post combo

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Spoeank posted:

Peak tippy top tier username + post combo

:piss:

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

On a 10 point scale, how mad will this forum be when Deshaun Watson gets traded to Pittsburgh?

nerve
Jan 2, 2011

SKA SUCKS
true its pretty likely that happens at this point

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

The Puppy Bowl posted:

I'd feel worse for Watson except he knew exactly what he was getting into re-signing with Houston.

Name the last franchise QB that didn't re-sign with his team before his rookie contract expired. Kirk Cousins is the only one I could think of.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

GD_American posted:

Name the last franchise QB that didn't re-sign with his team before his rookie contract expired. Kirk Cousins is the only one I could think of.

Dak but thats a special case because Jerry is just a dipshit

Inspector 34
Mar 9, 2009

DOES NOT RESPECT THE RUN

BUT THEY WILL
Josh Rosen probably won't... Does that count?

Oh you said franchise qb, was just thinking of 1st rd picks

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

GD_American posted:

Also didn't Watson re-sign when they had won their division and hadn't yet traded their franchise left tackle and Hopkins?

BoB for sure sucks but at the time it wasn't... terrible?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

Cutler

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Drew Brees probably turned out the best if you want to go back that far?

Rookie contract plus one franchise tag year before moving along from the Chargers if I've got the timing correct.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

Grittybeard posted:

Rookie contract plus one franchise tag year before moving along from the Chargers if I've got the timing correct.

Yeah, he was playing on the tag in 2005 when he got hurt.

Nissin Cup Nudist
Sep 3, 2011

Sleep with one eye open

We're off to Gritty Gritty land

GD_American posted:

Did Cutler sign an extension before he was traded

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Cutler was also the last time I can recall a coach with GM powers absolutely torching his team so badly on his way out the door, so he’s probably a good comparison for Watson.

Chip Kelly, maybe, though you could also argue that he built the roster that won Doug a title. And there was no franchise QB to alienate there.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Nissin Cup Nudist posted:

Did Cutler sign an extension before he was traded
IIRC he was traded first and then given an extension by the Bears

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

YOLOsubmarine posted:

Chip Kelly, maybe, though you could also argue that he built the roster that won Doug a title. And there was no franchise QB to alienate there.

Man that one Foles year with Chip though.

Foles has had such a bizarrely memorable career for a guy who's really pretty bad most of the time. But not all of it, and the parts where he wasn't bad he was really damned good.

BlindSite
Feb 8, 2009

Grittybeard posted:

Man that one Foles year with Chip though.

Foles has had such a bizarrely memorable career for a guy who's really pretty bad most of the time. But not all of it, and the parts where he wasn't bad he was really damned good.

I had a thread idea today for like. The best player ever who sucks and it might just be Foles...

Nov 6, 2002

BlindSite posted:

I had a thread idea today for like. The best player ever who sucks and it might just be Foles...

Josh Allen.

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

Grittybeard posted:

Yeah Brees is probably the purest example of what I was getting at- a QB that let his rookie deal run out, the team wanted to re-sign him and make an offer, and he walked. Cutler is close, though he demanded a trade and got out before his deal expired.

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?
Technically Brees played one year under the franchise tag before leaving San Diego

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Happy 10th Anniversary, TFF

https://youtu.be/QSBJxtEed1s

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

DariusLikewise posted:

Technically Brees played one year under the franchise tag before leaving San Diego

Yeah and Cousins played two. I don't think there's ever been a pure walk-away scenario, simply from the existence of the franchise tag.

fast cars loose anus
Mar 2, 2007

Pillbug

BlindSite posted:

Also didn't Watson re-sign when they had won their division and hadn't yet traded their franchise left tackle and Hopkins?

BoB for sure sucks but at the time it wasn't... terrible?

Watson signed his extension in September so Hopkins was already gone and Tunsil has singed his bonkers contract already. Watson wanted the security of a long term deal having already torn a ligament once I’m sure.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Also I think it's fair to say that people expected the Texans to regress a bit, not completely implode.

Shinji2015
Aug 31, 2007
Keen on the hygiene and on the mission like a super technician.

fast cars loose anus posted:

Watson signed his extension in September so Hopkins was already gone and Tunsil has singed his bonkers contract already. Watson wanted the security of a long term deal having already torn a ligament once I’m sure.

Yeah, that was probably the big reason, along with friends and teammates probably telling him to take the money.

tarbrush posted:

Also I think it's fair to say that people expected the Texans to regress a bit, not completely implode.

:hmmyes:

Let's say that Watson get moved, and any team interested can make it happen. Where are his top landing spots? My choice would be Carolina, of course, but like someone said here or in the draft thread, there's only a few teams where he wouldn't be an instant upgrade

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Miami and NYJ both have the picks and space to acquire him without crippling themselves.

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

49ers or Rams would be ridiculous. Don't think Rams have the draft capital for it.

Nov 6, 2002

tarbrush posted:

Miami and NYJ both have the picks and space to acquire him without crippling themselves.

do not like

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Shinji2015 posted:

Let's say that Watson get moved, and any team interested can make it happen. Where are his top landing spots? My choice would be Carolina, of course, but like someone said here or in the draft thread, there's only a few teams where he wouldn't be an instant upgrade

Would it be spicy to say... Washington? Really good defense, competent coaching for once, a young star receiver, a legit looking rookie RB, a huge market with an owner who (however loathsome) loves making a splash and winning the off-season, and absolutely no established incumbent at QB.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Watson already was extended.

His cap hit in 2022 and 2023 seem to be 40 and 42 million, respectively. 19?? or so this year.

And in 2021 we're expecting the cap drop of roughly 28 million. Not many teams have the space for him. Miami and the Jets are in a very rare position, with Miami only having an advantage if 1. he prefers to be back in Miami + 2. Texans like Tua. Jets have the advantage of having an extra 1st round pick in 2022, either for trading or for rookie talent to replace the cap space you lose.

Plus he might want to play in the biggest media market versus whatever Miami is, like 10. Smaller but it's closer to home with his family, which apparently lives about an hour away north. And he grew up a Dolphins fan.

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 16:26 on Jan 8, 2021

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

shirts and skins posted:

Would it be spicy to say... Washington? Really good defense, competent coaching for once, a young star receiver, a legit looking rookie RB, a huge market with an owner who (however loathsome) loves making a splash and winning the off-season, and absolutely no established incumbent at QB.

didn't think of this but great call

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Shinji2015 posted:

Pretty much any of: Patriots, Dolphins, Raiders, Broncos, Football Team, Giants, Bears, Vikings, Panthers, or 49ers would become instant contenders with him and should pay the asking price of presumably 3 firsts + other stuff. Add in the Browns if you want to get spicy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Definitely not what I would call a top landing spot but the Jags could conceivably get him for one first.

Which would create conversations about whether it was the right move or not for goddamned years even if Lawrence doesn't pan out. And especially if he does.