Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté
(Les éditions des amitiés franco-québécoises)

Hello, dear

kingturnip posted:

you accept that... there'll be some people who get harrassed by thick coppers.

no

https://i.imgur.com/yHfzwM5.mp4

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sebzilla
Mar 17, 2009

Kid's blasting everything in sight with that new-fangled musket.

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Am at my vaccination training day

I believe this will qualify me to receive one (1) clap on Thursdays, so I'll be checking in on each of you next week to ensure the clap has been duly issued

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X2ab0qfPtKI&t=6s

Bobby Deluxe
May 9, 2004

Attempting to do someone for breach of the peace, a public order offense, in their own house is pretty oval office behaviour.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

forkboy84 posted:

Maybe don't be a loving narc?

Fine by me, but some people seem to live for the rush of informing on someone they don't like. It's part of why authoritarian regimes tend to work so well (for a while).

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

JeremoudCorbynejad posted:

Am at my vaccination training day

I believe this will qualify me to receive one (1) clap on Thursdays, so I'll be checking in on each of you next week to ensure the clap has been duly issued

I really hope there was a wheelchair user in the audience and they shop whoever did that in to the equality commission

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

BBC article about how the wheels are starting to come off the Brexit Wagon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-55584500

The BBC posted:

These seem more immediate pressures than the split of Northern Ireland's economy from that of mainland Britain. But in the longer term, we'll surely find time and space to reflect on the extraordinary outcome of the long road to Brexit - that somehow took the UK's marketplace from the world's biggest to one that is smaller than the UK itself.

Perhaps it will be if or when the economic split leads towards a political one. Having played a key role in bringing about Brexit, the unionists of Ulster may find their cause fatally undermined by it.

Yes, the only reason Brexit isn't working was because of Ulster Unionists. No one else to blame.

For some lighter reading here is a thread about who is really responsible for the riots on Wednesday.

https://twitter.com/HGilroy67/status/1347244131802746882?s=19

The Question IRL
Jun 8, 2013

Only two contestants left! Here is Doom's chance for revenge...

Bobby Deluxe posted:

Attempting to do someone for breach of the peace, a public order offense, in their own house is pretty oval office behaviour.

It's also by definition going to fall at any form of judicial scrutiny. It's up to the State to prove that a place is Public for the commission of a Public Order offence. A persons dwelling is always considered a Private place.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

The Question IRL posted:

BBC article about how the wheels are starting to come off the Brexit Wagon.

https://www.bbc.com/news/uk-scotland-scotland-business-55584500

Yes, the only reason Brexit isn't working was because of Ulster Unionists. No one else to blame.

It was only the DUP that was pro-brexit. That's not what ulster unionism is lol

guy's really talking out his hole there

radmonger
Jun 6, 2011

sinky posted:

The BBC just giving the dead white supremacist woman a sloppy blowjob of an article

I'm sure it would be equally balanced had it been an antifa supersoldier invading the Capitol.

TBH I don’t see any particular distinction in the tone between that and any of the similar articles you will get covering the backstory of a jihadist suicide bomber.

“subtext” posted:

they were a person with qualities. Some of which may even have been good, or once were. They are dead. That they got caught up in a delusional cult is a tragedy. To understand and deal with them you need to understand and deal with the cult, not with the person they were before they got indoctrinated.

Which may be right or wrong, but is more or less equally so in both cases.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008
Reminds me of the article I saw on BBC News, talking about the Georgia run-off elections, in which this piece of questionable writing was found:

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

kingturnip posted:

Reminds me of the article I saw on BBC News, talking about the Georgia run-off elections, in which this piece of questionable writing was found:

:wtc:

Flayer
Sep 13, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
Buglord
Regardless of the circumstances I can't help but enjoy protesters overrunning the US senate. As a frequent protester myself (for ideologically opposite reasons to the Capitol invaders, it must be said) it always warms my heart to see the state embarrassed like that. That kind of event can never be undone.

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear
I think given who did it the consequences will be bad tbh

that loving scum know they will be treated with kid gloves now

Tarnop
Nov 25, 2013

Pull me out

https://twitter.com/dril/status/473265809079693312

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

TACD posted:

ah, the famous ‘gently caress handles’ sketch

It's a guy from New Zealand asking for "six horses"

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

crispix posted:

I think given who did it the consequences will be bad tbh

that loving scum know they will be treated with kid gloves now
They already knew that really, you don't see cops getting maced at BLM protests &c because everyone knows exactly what would happen if they tried it, whereas right-wingers (rightly) think they can get away with it.

I enjoyed seeing cops getting maced tbh. Hopefully they'll remember that next time they're considering how to respond to the far right (narrator voice: they did not)

thespaceinvader
Mar 30, 2011

The slightest touch from a Gol-Shogeg will result in Instant Death!
Again: a decent chunk of the rioters ARE cops, so it's highly unlikely the cops are going to come down heavily on them, OR that they will subsequently face consequences from law enforcement, since it would be them imposing consequences on themselves.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
I'm hopeful that it'll drive a wedge between the fascist rioters and the cops (where those are different people) given that there have now been both rioter and cop deaths as a result of that event

The capitol police chief's likely to have to resign over it too, which should hopefully influence their replacement

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

:stoked:

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

thespaceinvader posted:

Again: a decent chunk of the rioters ARE cops, so it's highly unlikely the cops are going to come down heavily on them, OR that they will subsequently face consequences from law enforcement, since it would be them imposing consequences on themselves.
The did shoot an ex-cop in the groin with a baton round at close range in Texas last year, causing him to need emergency surgery and lose a testicle, but in that case the ex-cop apparently asked for it by asking them nicely to use baton rounds as per their training on BLM protestors instead of aiming for the face, rather than storming a government building.

Beefeater1980
Sep 12, 2008

My God, it's full of Horatios!

They appear to have killed one of the police this time which all goes toward driving a wedge between the actual fash and the fash-adjacent.

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

crispix posted:

It was only the DUP that was pro-brexit. That's not what ulster unionism is lol

guy's really talking out his hole there
The only real horseshoe theory is this one:

Jose
Jul 24, 2007

Adrian Chiles is a broadcaster and writer
so government guildelines on oxygen use have changed pretty drastically after fears we're going to run out of oxygen

https://www.nice.org.uk/media/default/about/covid-19/specialty-guides/specialty-guide-oxygen-therapy.pdf

Beefeater1980 posted:

They appear to have killed one of the police this time which all goes toward driving a wedge between the actual fash and the fash-adjacent.

turns out he just had a stroke during the violence

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

Jose posted:

turns out he just had a stroke during the violence
He wasn't the only one
https://twitter.com/rajat_suresh/status/1346905258048561152

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

gov are finally coming through the rewards for key workers that have spent months in misery and chaos

thank god

Miftan
Mar 31, 2012

Terry knows what he can do with his bloody chocolate orange...

Necrothatcher posted:

gov are finally coming through the rewards for key workers that have spent months in misery and chaos

thank god

Even the rewards for essential workers are just a way to funnel money to private companies lmao this country is amazing.

StarkingBarfish
Jun 25, 2006

Novus Ordo Seclorum
Also gently caress cafe nero, their coffee is trash

Grey Hunter
Oct 17, 2007

Hero of the soviet union.
Accidental destroyer of planets

Miftan posted:

Even the rewards for essential workers are just a way to funnel money to private companies lmao this country is amazing.

To be fair, giving them the same amount in cash is going to go the same way.
This just means they get to pick the company.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

StarkingBarfish posted:

Also gently caress cafe nero, their coffee is trash

Milkshakes are OK though, all high street coffee is trash tho.

stev
Jan 22, 2013

Please be excited.

Grey Hunter posted:

To be fair, giving them the same amount in cash is going to go the same way.
This just means they get to pick the company.

I imagine a lot of people would prefer to save their money at the moment than buy poo poo coffee.

High street coffee can be ok but generally isn't much better than you can make yourself if you have a machine. The main advantage they have is the gimmick flavours which can sometimes be nice. I like the gingerbread flavours Starbucks usually does at Christmas.

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I bought the wife a coffee machine 2 xmases ago, nothing fancy and we dont get the most expensive beans but its ruined all other coffees for me

Still love a Starbucks breakfast roll though. The sausages have a pleasant tendency to repeat on oneself throughout the day

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I don't get why people like machine coffee to be honest, it all tastes like poo poo, nicest coffee comes out of a french press. Seems daft to build a giant machine to make your coffee taste like rear end.

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

disgusting bitter instant granules or bust, everything else is decadence and excess

crispix
Mar 28, 2015

Grand-Maman m'a raconté

Hello, dear

OwlFancier posted:

Milkshakes are OK though, all high street coffee is trash tho.

i heard they attract large numbers of young males to outdoor spaces

Isomermaid
Dec 3, 2019

Swish swish, like a fish
The gimmick flavours are nothing you can't do at home, those Monin syrup pumps are buyable online and they last forever. You can go down a rabbit hole of expense with coffee paraphernalia, especially with espresso machines but you can get really good coffee out of a bog standard cheapo french press.

The one thing I did spend a bit of money on in the day was a grinder for like 50 quid or something cos freshly ground beans just taste and smell so much better. I'm still missing plonking myself in a corner of a Costa and spending a few hours working but mostly not for the coffee.

pisshead
Oct 24, 2007

The Question IRL posted:

It's also by definition going to fall at any form of judicial scrutiny. It's up to the State to prove that a place is Public for the commission of a Public Order offence. A persons dwelling is always considered a Private place.

Good job it's in Scotland and they don't have to worry about any judicial scrutiny.

Gort
Aug 18, 2003

Good day what ho cup of tea
What is it about drinks that turns people into mystical snobs

Yes, I will pay £5,000 for a bottle of wine that's near-indistinguishable from a six-quidder from the supermarket, and build me a coffee machine the size of a dustbin in my kitchen while you're at it please

How's my Juicero Kickstarter going, oh no

JollyBoyJohn
Feb 13, 2019

For Real!
I love coffee and i love a machine that spits out great tasting coffee every. Single. Morning

Mebh
May 10, 2010

I hate long coffees and only drink espresso. Machines are poo poo at long coffees (pushing too much water through the puck massively increases the bitterness) but if you want a shot of espresso nothing will beat it.

However I got a cold brew coffee thingy for christmas and it's basically a long brew french press that you leave for 24h and has a much finer filter. drat it's good. No acidity. Do recommend as it's like £20 for one that fits in the fridge door and you get coffee for a week as holy hell it's strong.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal

OwlFancier posted:

I don't get why people like machine coffee to be honest, it all tastes like poo poo, nicest coffee comes out of a french press. Seems daft to build a giant machine to make your coffee taste like rear end.
This but a big piece of lab glassware that was once banned in Texas where you can buy anti-aircraft cannon because someone might make meth with it, and also means oval office in Portugal.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1miAybIL_B8

I don't mind drip coffee though, but I'd prefer one of the ones with a reusable dishwasher safe filter. And also a dishwasher.