Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wish me luck, send Ts & Ps, slaughter a goat, whatever, I have my final interview for that dream job today. Super loving nervous.

You're gonna win

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

C-Euro posted:

If it makes you feel any better Hawley may have overplayed his hand on this one
https://twitter.com/ErinMcPike/status/1347394192457297921?s=20

That includes D senators like Chris Coons who is normally all buddy-buddy with GOP senators.

I count at least 3 things here that will probably motivate his base.

Losing the donor hurts a lot though, he was like 75% of his initial money when he ran for state AG.

e: You've got this by the way Joey.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!

What I've learned from all this is next time put up velvet ropes on the Capital steps.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Thanks y’all. I’ve definitely overprepared and am ready. I think the nerves are mostly just because I want the job so bad.

If I dont get it, it won’t be because I did anything wrong/missed something.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Joey Freshwater posted:

Thanks y’all. I’ve definitely overprepared and am ready. I think the nerves are mostly just because I want the job so bad.

If in doubt, to relax during the interview just picture all us goons naked.

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer

Silly Burrito posted:

If in doubt, to relax during the interview just picture all us goons naked.

Ah yes, comfortability in familiarity good thinking

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

https://twitter.com/fodderyfodder/status/1347564602549284867?s=19

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Wish me luck, send Ts & Ps, slaughter a goat, whatever, I have my final interview for that dream job today. Super loving nervous.

break a leg, duder

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Joey Freshwater posted:

Didn't know the screening process for a power bottom was so rigorous but best of luck Joey

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Ehud posted:

Unfortunately he'll be more loved than ever by like 75 million voters

Yeah the other side is that four years is a long time to forget about all of this :(

There will never be another Trump because Trump is such a weirdo and was a pop culture icon on top of everything else, but we'll be finding out what parts of Trump were the important parts soon enough. Does someone like Hawley pull in 70+ million chuds without having the incredible Twitter game that Trump has?

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good luck, you've got it. Be yourself, don't let nerves translate into feeling like you need to be too formal.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

https://twitter.com/ade__n/status/1347395092953313286?s=21

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

looooooooooooooool

https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1347569870578266115?s=20

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

And nothing of value was lost.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

Yeah no poo poo bud, nobody actually asked you because we all knew this already!

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Joey Freshwater posted:

Good luck! Like everyone else has said, you'll do great. You've got nothing to lose.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Wait why is he allowed to post again?

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

seiferguy posted:

It was only a 12 hour suspension

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal

Joey Freshwater posted:

It’s my zoom profile pic

Which speaking of, if I get this job, they said I/they wouldn’t be going back to the office until August. Gonna be weird working at a company for 8 months not having met anyone face to face

Good luck! Keep an open mind and stay relaxed. I interviewed for my dream job and was initially told no but then got it a couple weeks later when another opening on the team occurred.

And yeah I'm into month 3 and I still have yet to meet my boss / teammates. Its weird but you get used to it, I guess.

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench

Joey Freshwater posted:

I guess sending tits and penises would relax your nervousness. It takes all types.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

seiferguy posted:

He's still banned on facebook apparently?

And still has at least theoretical control of the military and stuff.

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

No way President smooth brain typed this up himself

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Joey Freshwater posted:

You get your dream job because you manifest it in your dreams. Get orbs get crystals and pray

good luck buddy :)

Edit

strong I'LL BE IN MY ROOM IF ANYONE CARES middle child vibes

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Joey's whole thing reminds me I do not like how companies do hiring now. Have been working this project as a contractor, and they've been searching for a full time director. Its down to me and this other guy on my team. I accidentally found out because I was copied on the wrong email (yup) and now... apparently they're going to offer the "loser" of the competition a year contract at the senior level, then evaluate afterwards..

It feels like a goddamn game show. Being virtual is making employers view us as even LESS HUMAN!? Bastards. I wish I didnt know my competition, because hes freakin' really good.

Good luck Joey. I know all too well the butterflies but you've clearly got an edge so just close!

Amy Pole Her fucked around with this message at 17:16 on Jan 8, 2021

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Good luck, Joey! Take a deep breath and do your best to stay loose!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Let's hope no one attends his funeral when he croaks.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Bird in a Blender posted:

He'll have at least one. Pence will probably try to climb in the coffin with him.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Bird in a Blender posted:

But where will you know to go piss?

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat
Who honestly thought Trump would show his face at Biden's inauguration, especially after Wednesday (and the ongoing fallout)? Dude is going to dip for Mar a Lago the day or two before.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

C-Euro posted:

Who honestly thought Trump would show his face at Biden's inauguration, especially after Wednesday (and the ongoing fallout)? Dude is going to dip for Mar a Lago the day or two before.

Seen here, Trump after the election.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8GqZh-094k

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Good luck Joey! You got this in the bag!

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Board game friends, if you have a dedicated group of 4-6 (5-6 players with expansion) I cannot recommend Root more. It's like Redwall, the board game. It's asymmetric and cutthroat. Easily my favorite game of the past few years (Scythe is a close second). Also the style is cute as hell.

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 17:43 on Jan 8, 2021

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Today is the airing of Alex Trebek's last episode of Jeopardy, so make sure you watch it today.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:

Hot Diggity! posted:

It's like Redwall, the board game

drat I wish I had some friends I loved those books growing up.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

Soiled Meat

ZuluDashOne posted:

drat I wish I had some friends I loved those books growing up.

Sup Redwall bud

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

https://twitter.com/badgirIkiki/status/1347321179044982785

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Hot Diggity! posted:

Board game friends, if you have a dedicated group of 4-6 (5-6 players with expansion) I cannot recommend Root more. It's like Redwall, the board game. It's asymmetric and cutthroat. Easily my favorite game of the past few years (Scythe is a close second). Also the style is cute as hell.

But can you play it online

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/Dodgers/status/1347585134178955264

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Samadhi posted:

Yes, it's on Steam as well as a module on Tabletop Simulator.

It's a great game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

Samadhi posted:

https://store.steampowered.com/app/965580/Root/

Only has the Clockwork expansion, which is kinda pointless because those are for adding more AI players to the board game. So unfortunately you don't get the other factions, but it's still fun. I will say it's not the best at teaching the game because the player boards are offscreen during other players' actions.