Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

ChrisBTY posted:

I'm starting to wonder what is Sasha's best life? I guess only she knows the answer.

She's one of the few people in the Fed who's pretty much untouchable, and I'm sure she's making insane money even before merch sales, so I really don't blame her for sticking with it. But man, imagine what she could do in AEW...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Truther Vandross
Jun 17, 2008

JUNGLE BOY posted:

https://twitter.com/tbarretribution/status/1347368328000626695?s=21

this the guy who was doing a white nationalist gimmick on twitter a year and a half ago?

I’ve honestly never heard anything bad about the guy and the tweets were awful but the whole thing stunk of a bad HHH idea.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
Getting mad about a lame Kayfabe News joke is very TBar.

Lily Catts
Oct 17, 2012

Show me the way to you
(Heavy Metal)
https://twitter.com/TOKSFALE/status/1347373378399686656?s=19

xbilkis
Apr 11, 2005

god qb
me
jay hova

Vince MechMahon posted:

She's one of the few people in the Fed who's pretty much untouchable, and I'm sure she's making insane money even before merch sales, so I really don't blame her for sticking with it. But man, imagine what she could do in AEW...

She was sitting out after asking for her release like 18 moths ago, so never rule out WWE's ability to gently caress up a ready-made star

ARMBAR A COP
Nov 24, 2007

Now she's got that Disney money.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!
After reading about the schism in Trump land I was curious what the usual WWE suspects thought. Gunner didn't post anything, Drake is still MIA so I decided to see if Road Dogg had posted anything even though I didn't think it would be pro Trump. Nothing too interesting. He is against the mob and accepts that Biden will be the next President. However I cracked up when I saw something unrelated that he'd shared.

Only Road Dogg could find meme fodder so inspiring. God bless you Marine!

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

People questioning why Sasha stayed are forgetting that her husband works for WWE. And whilst he works for them in a position that they can't humiliate on TV, he works in a position where they will sack him without a second thought and probably make him pay for all the material he used to sew the costumes.

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

Vince MechMahon posted:

But man, imagine what she could do in AEW...

Wrestle Hikaru Shida in nothing matches for months on end? Squash Abadon? I can’t think of much tbh

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

Fale is right - unfortunately. I'd much rather have those other guys than the consistently worst wrestlers on the NJPW roster

edit: like I don't clamor for the Elite to return to JApan but I'd certainly take any of them over Fale, Owens, Yujiro and also GoD

Crapple!
Nov 1, 2019

Vince MechMahon posted:

But man, imagine what she could do in AEW...

Literally nothing probably. For as lovely as WWE is, for a female wrestler it's about a million times better than AEW if your goal is to actually be on tv

mfcrocker
Jan 31, 2004

Hot Rope Guy

MassRafTer posted:

Getting mad about a lame Kayfabe News joke is very TBar.

If someone was conflating me with white supremacists even as a joke I'd be mad as hell

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I can’t remember much about the specifics of Dijak’s bloodline NXT gimmick but assuming it was all scripted out for him he might already be touchy about it, having being made to spend months saying dogwhistle racist poo poo, thinking it’s all in the past and then seeing himself compared to maga chuds anyway

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!
https://twitter.com/theAdamPage/status/1347362865003581449

As always, don't read the comments.

Senerio
Oct 19, 2009

Roëmænce is ælive!
I heard when Sasha re-signed, the IWC were lying on the floor throwing a tantrum about it.

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Maybe they were culled, but comments are mostly people agreeing with him.

El Gallinero Gros
Mar 17, 2010
Yeehaw, forever

CobiWann
Oct 21, 2009

Have fun!

Dango Bango posted:

Maybe they were culled, but comments are mostly people agreeing with him.

There was a lot of "shut up and entertain me" and "your ratings dropped this week because you're political" stuff.

Vandar
Sep 14, 2007

Isn't That Right, Chairman?

Senerio posted:

I heard when Sasha re-signed, the IWC were lying on the floor throwing a tantrum about it.

I still can't believe anyone actually bought that nonsense.

Insertnamehere31
Jan 23, 2012

This could be the most one-sided fight since 1973 when Ali faced an eighty-foot tall mechanical Joe Frazier. My memory isn't what it used to be, but I think the entire Earth was destroyed.

CobiWann posted:

There was a lot of "shut up and entertain me" and "your ratings dropped this week because you're political" stuff.

loving lol how in the bubble do you have to be to think aew’s ratings dropped the day of a loving coup was because the cowboy character is mildly political on Twitter.

OctoberCountry
Oct 9, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

After reading about the schism in Trump land I was curious what the usual WWE suspects thought. Gunner didn't post anything, Drake is still MIA so I decided to see if Road Dogg had posted anything even though I didn't think it would be pro Trump. Nothing too interesting. He is against the mob and accepts that Biden will be the next President. However I cracked up when I saw something unrelated that he'd shared.

Only Road Dogg could find meme fodder so inspiring. God bless you Marine!

Makes sense, Road Dogg's been helping everyone at the performance center go viral all year

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

OctoberCountry posted:

Makes sense, Road Dogg's been helping everyone at the performance center go viral all year

:drat:

Procrastinator
Aug 16, 2009

what?

Insertnamehere31 posted:

loving lol how in the bubble do you have to be to think aew’s ratings dropped the day of a loving coup was because the cowboy character is mildly political on Twitter.

yeha it's like, all of that crowd went to watch the news! seems like being political actually drew a lot of people!!!!

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

Crapple! posted:

Literally nothing probably. For as lovely as WWE is, for a female wrestler it's about a million times better than AEW if your goal is to actually be on tv

Yeah and the best way to fix that is clearly not to hire any established lady wrestlers so she shouldn't go.

Ganso Bomb
Oct 24, 2005

turn it all around

Insertnamehere31 posted:

Also, he didn't even post that until Thursday. Did people see it Thursday and retroactively unwatch the show from Wednesday to drive the ratings down?

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Ganso Bomb posted:

Also, he didn't even post that until Thursday. Did people see it Thursday and retroactively unwatch the show from Wednesday to drive the ratings down?

You just fire up your DVR and rewind through the whole show before you delete it, duh.

Like rolling back the odometer in a car.

A talking coyote
Jan 14, 2020

Vince MechMahon posted:

Yeah and the best way to fix that is clearly not to hire any established lady wrestlers so she shouldn't go.

You’re right but that’s aew’s problem not hers.

mooseinfants
Dec 22, 2014

Ganso Bomb posted:

If such a skill exists I need to learn it so I can finally get Star Wars and Game of Thrones out of my head.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

mfcrocker posted:

If someone was conflating me with white supremacists even as a joke I'd be mad as hell

Not only did he throw himself into a gimmick where he tweeted white supremacist nonsense he's currently in a gimmick that mocked antifa and BLM so he should probably drop the faux outrage.

Meanwhile, Kowloon restaurant north of Boston will theoretically be closing in the future and the wrestling world is mourning. It's a very gimmicky but fun Asian fusion restaurant that loves having wrestlers dine there.

https://twitter.com/OfficialTAZ/status/1347587236590710786

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

Not only did he throw himself into a gimmick where he tweeted white supremacist nonsense he's currently in a gimmick that mocked antifa and BLM so he should probably drop the faux outrage.

Meanwhile, Kowloon restaurant north of Boston will theoretically be closing in the future and the wrestling world is mourning. It's a very gimmicky but fun Asian fusion restaurant that loves having wrestlers dine there.

lol holy poo poo I didn't know Kowloon was Boston's wrestler hangout.

MassRafTer
May 26, 2001

BAEST MODE!!!

Gumball Gumption posted:

lol holy poo poo I didn't know Kowloon was Boston's wrestler hangout.

They have a ton of signed photos by the desk. Was expecting to see Cody tweet about it first but Cardona isn't surprising either.

Amp
Sep 10, 2010

:11tea::bubblewoop::agesilaus::megaman::yoshi::squawk::supaburn::iit::spooky::axe::honked::shroom::smugdog::sg::pkmnwhy::parrot::screamy::tubular::corsair::sanix::yeeclaw::hayter::flip::redflag:

MassRafTer posted:

Can't believe this is how I find out :negative:

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

why don't the large bank accounts simply save the smaller bank accounts

Gumball Gumption
Jan 7, 2012

MassRafTer posted:

They have a ton of signed photos by the desk. Was expecting to see Cody tweet about it first but Cardona isn't surprising either.

Ah. I have not been since I was a kid. I did promise my girlfriend we would go before it eventually closes as I've told a lot of stories about it and have hyped it up.

Hiram
Sep 21, 2010

Take care fella...spike your hair! :fella:

Cavauro posted:

why don't the large bank accounts simply save the smaller bank accounts

WHOA holy poo poo pal that's some crazy talk

(so crazy it just might work!)

Vince MechMahon
Jan 1, 2008

A talking coyote posted:

You’re right but that’s aew’s problem not hers.

Who said it was? I'm saying the people saying she shouldn't go there are idiots because that's literally the only way to make it improve. Getting women in there to build it. "The women's Division is bad so they shouldn't sign anyone," is a self fulfilling prophecy.

The Cameo
Jan 20, 2005

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

:same:

Greekonomics
Jun 22, 2009

ShallNoiseUpon posted:

Well good news!

https://twitter.com/TheMattCardona/status/1347590348361650180

DrVenkman
Dec 28, 2005

I think he can hear you, Ray.
https://twitter.com/JimValley/status/1347519163565105159?s=19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

King Bahamut
Nov 12, 2003
internet internet lama sabacthani
Kowloon isn’t going under, but they are sitting on an immense amount of real estate on Rt 1 and the kids of that family are just going to flip it for eight figures so someone can build a mixed-use condo mall (just like the Hilltop has)