Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

the clap emojis are heavily used by catty thots in the comments of reality star instas

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carthag Tuek
Oct 15, 2005

Tider skal komme,
tider skal henrulle,
slægt skal følge slægters gang

the time-to-live of memes and whatnot has shortened incredibly in our lifetime. used to be you could make juice of a decent joke for years and years, now it takes nary a week before they get coopted by the worst parts of the internet: pet island, coupons, etc... whence they make their way onto the wider fields of boomer facebook and brand twitter

ShimaTetsuo
Sep 9, 2001

Maximus Quietus

hawowanlawow posted:

the clap emojis are heavily used by catty thots in the comments of reality star instas

yeah, like this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mYOCI1Yd7gE

Mokelumne Trekka
Nov 22, 2015

Soon.

Early parts of Terminator 2 feature Guns N Roses music.

The T-800 hides his gun... in a box of roses.

Even if unintentional I think it's neat, making a cool movie even cooler.

Beachcomber
May 21, 2007

Another day in paradise.

Slippery Tilde
So neither my wife nor I had ever seen any of the Rambo movies, only other media that referenced them, so I got the box set from the library.

She was up to put the disc in and I was pretty sure the first movie was titled First Blood (it is).

:sparkles: (looking at the discs) I see First Blood: Part II, and I see Rambo III, and this other one says Tallon First Blood.

:downs: Tallon? I've never heard of that one.

So I googled and, of course, nothing.

:downs: Bring it here, please.

Sure enough, it says TALLON, right at the top.

I look at the next disc and it also has Tallon.

And an S before it with an E after it.

The library anti-theft protection was covering them on the first disc.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?
You should forward that to tallon

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Mokelumne Trekka posted:

Early parts of Terminator 2 feature Guns N Roses music.

The T-800 hides his gun... in a box of roses.

Even if unintentional I think it's neat, making a cool movie even cooler.

It's an integral part of the You Could Be Mine music video too, I always just assumed it was worked out ahead of time. GnR were the biggest rock band in the world at the time and T2 was gonna be the summer blockbuster so it makes sense

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

John Simpson is not David Attenborough.

e: Another one: The singer in the Red Room (or whatever it's called) in Twin Peaks was Jimmy Scott:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2vOg0HyJpvI

That's a great album, by the by.

ee: And also, that's not Jimmy Scott on the cover of the album.

3D Megadoodoo has a new favorite as of 13:06 on Jan 10, 2021

500excf type r
Mar 7, 2013

I'm as annoying as the high-pitched whine of my motorcycle, desperately compensating for the lack of substance in my life.
I was checking to make sure I was using precipitation correctly in an email (doing X will [hastily bring about] Y) and suddenly I realized /why/ it is called precipitation heat treatment. (The speeds involved with heating and cooling and the effects specifically related to this meaning of precipitate)

Slush Garbo
Nov 20, 2007

FALSE SLACK
is
BETTER
than
NO SLACK
Neil Patrick Harris was not Roark, Jr. "The Yellow Bastard" in Sin City

lol idk where I'd got that from

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I can just blast my cloth masks with my shirt steamer instead of washing them every time

Endless Trash
Aug 12, 2007

Fudge is not a type of chocolate.

Silver Falcon
Dec 5, 2005

Two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight and barbecue your own drumsticks!

There's a silly children's song we used to sing in kindergarten called "Eat, eat apples and bananas." If you've never heard it, that's all there is to the song. You just sing that over and over and replace the vowels. I just figured out, today, that the song isn't just a silly thing where you end up singing about ooples and boonoonoos.

The song is meant to teach you vowels.

30 years later I figure this out.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

Silver Falcon posted:

There's a silly children's song we used to sing in kindergarten called "Eat, eat apples and bananas." If you've never heard it, that's all there is to the song. You just sing that over and over and replace the vowels. I just figured out, today, that the song isn't just a silly thing where you end up singing about ooples and boonoonoos.

Oh, Raffi...

It didn't take me 30 years to figure it out, but it was definitely after I was too old to listen to it any more.

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Silver Falcon posted:

For 35 years I have giggled at ooples and boonoonooos.

Memento
Aug 25, 2009

Bleak Gremlin

Wasabi the J posted:

For 35 years I have giggled at ooples and boonoonooos.

That's because it's hilarious

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

For twelve years you have been asking: what are ooples and boonoonooos?

RoboRodent
Sep 19, 2012

Memento posted:

That's because it's hilarious

Which is why it's such a great song for kids. You're learning vowels and also giggling about ooples oond boonoonoos.

fizzymercury
Aug 18, 2011
For some reason that song confused the poo poo out of me because my Mother pronounces it "Bahnaahnah" instead of banana. It felt like a kids version of tomato tomahto. I just thought it was a lovely way to sing about different accents by making them funny and relatable. I figured it out eventually but I'm still kinda sad I was wrong.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

I was trying to set up a new router and modem today and it took me like thirty minutes to figure out that I had to complete the setup on my phone by changing the default router password before it would let me connect to the internet. It's good that it makes you change the default password but I wish I didn't take so long to figure it out.

Hyperlynx
Sep 13, 2015

fizzymercy posted:

For some reason that song confused the poo poo out of me because my Mother pronounces it "Bahnaahnah" instead of banana. It felt like a kids version of tomato tomahto. I just thought it was a lovely way to sing about different accents by making them funny and relatable. I figured it out eventually but I'm still kinda sad I was wrong.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9_D8Yn9soSE

Fartington Butts
Jan 21, 2007

I was just listening to it and I realized "pokerface" is a song about blowjobs. And has incredibly clever ways of getting around censoring.

"I'll get him hard, show him what I got"
"Fuh-fuh-fuh-pokerface fuh-fuh-gently caress her face"

RenegadeStyle1
Jun 7, 2005

Baby Come Back
I thought it was pretty obvious. Poke her face.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

According to everything I've seen, she said it was about hiding her sexual attraction to women from a male partner.

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

Fartington Butts posted:

I was just listening to it and I realized "pokerface" is a song about blowjobs. And has incredibly clever ways of getting around censoring.

"I'll get him hard, show him what I got"
"Fuh-fuh-fuh-pokerface fuh-fuh-gently caress her face"

Do you think those are the words? Is this some kind of modern newer "revved up like a deuce/douche" thing?

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider
excuse me while i eat this pie

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

pik_d posted:

Do you think those are the words? Is this some kind of modern newer "revved up like a deuce/douche" thing?

Revved up like dues (possibly in dollars).

Kantesu
Apr 21, 2010

pik_d posted:

There is literally a version of the song where she sings it that way. It got on most radio stations, even, because it's sort of subtle if you haven't had it pointed out. But it is very much not a case of mishearing it. It's "Puh-puh-poker face, puh-puh-gently caress her face," with a distinctly different sound between the two.

Here, have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG-4Uvhm4lI

Edit for comparison, here's the version where she doesn't do it: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IwkyPKAZjxs

\/Try not hearing the really obvious "uh" sound. You can get it to sound like "Pucker face," but not "Poker" and it's really obviously "Poker" on the first bit of the loop and every time in the clean version.

Kantesu has a new favorite as of 14:25 on Jan 24, 2021

Organza Quiz
Nov 7, 2009

Kantesu posted:

There is literally a version of the song where she sings it that way. It got on most radio stations, even, because it's sort of subtle if you haven't had it pointed out. But it is very much not a case of mishearing it. It's "Puh-puh-poker face, puh-puh-gently caress her face," with a distinctly different sound between the two.

Here, have a listen: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oG-4Uvhm4lI

I have never actually intentionally listened to the song, so I'm probably as unbiased as possible, and I just listened to that very carefully and no it's still very definitely a P sound and not a F sound. P and F are very closely related sounds though and that combined with the uh vowel and the next word starting with f might have fooled your ear? I suppose if you really wanted to you could argue that she might have done that intentionally with the intent of tricking peoples' ears, but that's much more of a stretch.

Lady Disdain
Jan 14, 2013

are you yet living?
I was reading through that amazing thread of the person analysing Bee Movie, and realised that I'd completely missed the laziness of the character name Bee Larry King because I thought Larry King was called Howard Stern.
So today I learnt a) Larry King's name, and b) that Howard Stern exists.

Ferrule
Feb 23, 2007

Yo!

Lady Disdain posted:

So today I learnt a) Larry King's name, and b) that Howard Stern exists.

And C) Larry King doesn't

Aramoro
Jun 1, 2012

I learnt something the other day that I had never really thought about before. The moon in Australia is upside down. I mean obviously it makes sense, but still weird.

Shifty Nipples
Apr 8, 2007

Ferrule posted:

And C) Larry King doesn't

Nah the matter which constitutes the formerly alive Larry King still exists, it's just no longer sentient.

Inzombiac
Mar 19, 2007

PARTY ALL NIGHT

EAT BRAINS ALL DAY

Plus, Pokerface is about her being bisexual and most people not knowing (at the time), not about blowjobs.

Solice Kirsk
Jun 1, 2004

Every song is about blowjobs.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Stuff You Can't Believe You Just Figured Out: Making poo poo Up ITT

Wasabi the J
Jan 23, 2008

MOM WAS RIGHT

Solice Kirsk posted:

Every song is about blowjobs.

Katie Perry has that birthday song about blowjobs.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

Wasabi the J posted:

She also has a song about getting eaten out (Bon Appetit), and a song that goes "I wanna see your pee-cock , cock , cock" lol. What I'm saying is Katy Perry owns

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

She also had a fantastic song on her first album that has a line 'your so gay and you don't even like boys'. It's a good song

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Wasabi the J posted:

Thankfully the kind contributors to genius.com are there to annotate almost every line with helpful comments along the lines of "that also kinda sounds like it could refer to sex, really makes you think!"