Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vX4L2LHGs98

Still the funniest thing the Phantic has done

Hot Diggity! fucked around with this message at 18:04 on Jan 8, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

For the majority of 2017 - 2020 I was job searching or interviewing to some degree, and it has been very nice spending the last year and change relatively happy and not feeling like I need to get out.

The "highlight" of my job searching was a place that was a perfect fit for my work history, but after the interview with the STEMlords that would be my coworkers and boss I had almost no interest (apparently it was mutual). After I talked to robots for about two hours, the manager said he could give me a tour, but it was the end of the day and he made it very clear he was rushed for time. He did the whole thing looking at the clock and rushing, then at the end he was like, "You didn't ask many questions, are you sure this is something you are interested in?". No dude, I didn't ask a lot of questions because you walked me through the place like you were late for a flight on the other side of the airport.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
Job interviews suck but I hate writing cover letters with a passion. gently caress cover letters.

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

ZuluDashOne posted:

Job interviews suck but I hate writing cover letters with a passion. gently caress cover letters.

*dedicates a paragraph to why this job is my ideal job*

*concludes by thanking them for the review*

*farts*

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Whoever invented cover letters should have a special place in hell.

Read my God drat resume and figures it out

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Friendly neighborhood reminder that Alex Trebek's final episode of Jeopardy! airs today. :smith:

(And because NBC15 in Madison is bugnuts insane, they air the show at 4:30 in the afternoon; I'll be at the kidney clinic at that time. God drat it.)

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

I just don't understand the point. You look at my resume and if you think my skills would be a good fit, we can have a conversation and I can tell you more about myself and why I want to work for you. Why the gently caress am I ganna write it down in a letter no one is going to read just to restate what I wrote down in the first place.

Also applying for stuff online: Click here to upload your resume. (Next step/page) Please fill in your previous work experience.

Why even have me upload the resume if you are just going to make me type it all in anyways gently caress OFF.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

ZuluDashOne posted:

:hmmyes:

The times where I was miserable in my job but still not applying were always after putting together a half dozen applications complete with cover letter and not hearing anything back from any of them. So. Much. Wasted. Time.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Colorado passed a law that went into effect on January 1 that requires any job listing to include the salary range you can expect, so that’s at least a small step towards transparency in the hiring process. Overall though the whole rigamarole sucks and I feel for anyone who’s going through it now. Good luck to both Joey and APH!

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

LeeMajors posted:

He'll have at least one. Pence will probably try to climb in the coffin with him.

Nah he burned the Pence bridge, apparently Pence was furious with him over being called a traitor

Good luck Joey, go get em

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

ZuluDashOne posted:

I just don't understand the point. You look at my resume and if you think my skills would be a good fit, we can have a conversation and I can tell you more about myself and why I want to work for you. Why the gently caress am I ganna write it down in a letter no one is going to read just to restate what I wrote down in the first place.

Also applying for stuff online: Click here to upload your resume. (Next step/page) Please fill in your previous work experience.

Why even have me upload the resume if you are just going to make me type it all in anyways gently caress OFF.

:negative: having flashbacks to archaic online forms and losing huge amounts of data trying to navigate them.

"In theory" the cover letter is supplemental and doesn't repeat any info from your resume, but I have a hard time believing they are anywhere close to worthwhile. Like how often is someone on the fence about reaching out for a phone interview, and the cover letter makes or breaks it?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/shaneellall/status/1347420093282541576

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

ZuluDashOne posted:

everything about jobs is loving stupid

i'm going to find a way to monetize poo poo posting

then i will be free

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

ZuluDashOne posted:

This fills me with seething rage. There's one particular online HR system, I think it might be UltiPro, that does this and if I see a company's online application portal is using UltiPro (or, again, whatever that particular platform is), I just close the browser tab.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

Blowjob Overtime posted:

:hmmyes:

The times where I was miserable in my job but still not applying were always after putting together a half dozen applications complete with cover letter and not hearing anything back from any of them. So. Much. Wasted. Time.

Oh God, that poo poo kills me too. I spent all of 2018 and the first part of 2019 going through that and it was sickening when I'd submit sometimes 10-12 applications in a week and get either nothing, just automated replies, or more annoyingly stuff from recruiters for positions I absolutely was not interested in (Made worse by my personal life at the time, where I really needed a decent job ASAP). I've halfway started looking again this year, since my current job is okay but prospects of advancement are low and it'll probably never pay me enough to have the work/life balance I want, but even just putting in a few applications every week or two and not getting any responses again reminded me how much I loving hate the whole process...

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Someone told me that in your resume in the edges you should put buzzwords in white font so that no one sees them but the automated system scanner does and won't immediately throw it out before it hits a recruiter's inbox. I've never tried it yet :shrug:

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Lol I just saw this as well. In keeping with the Animaniac's video from yesterday I'd love to see someone clip that lady into some Wil E Coyote cartoon where he gets flattened by a rock or something but its her instead.

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

Ehud posted:

i'm going to find a way to monetize poo poo posting

Check out my OnlyShitPosting page and smash the subscribe button.

JPrime
Jul 4, 2007

tales of derring-do, bad and good luck tales!
College Slice

ZuluDashOne posted:

Lol I just saw this as well. In keeping with the Animaniac's video from yesterday I'd love to see someone clip that lady into some Wil E Coyote cartoon where he gets flattened by a rock or something but its her instead.

https://twitter.com/michaelwhitney/status/1347591483289964544

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves
Things I expect for that video

Someone puts a WASTED graphic
Someone puts the America's Funniest Home Videos theme and/or commentary over it
Someone freeze frames it and then "It was at this moment he knew he hosed up" before unfreezing

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Intruder posted:

Things I expect for that video

I'll also accept the Jojo's To Be continued

Anyway, Dems have the senate, that means it's Manchin-o'clock

https://twitter.com/JStein_WaPo/status/1347597564149903360

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

ZuluDashOne posted:

It's an excuse to make people grovel for a job. Nothing more, nothing less.

Intruder posted:

Nah he burned the Pence bridge, apparently Pence was furious with him over being called a traitor

Good luck Joey, go get em

Maybe but he's also horsefucking little toady with no principles or guts.

Kalli posted:

Joe is begging a legion of unemployed mountain people to lynch his dumb rear end.

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Kalli posted:

They can probably peel enough Republicans to give Manchin a pass.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
I know everyone is lolling at the Animaniacs edit, but this one is fantastic:

A LOVELY LAD posted:

"Dont you get it dems? Its over, you lose! Now if you'll excuse me.."

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

saintonan posted:

Yeah it doesn’t matter, they’ll get at least one of Collins/Murkowski/Mitt, plus there were a few others that were rumored to be for it before Mitch shut it down.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Kalli posted:

I swear to god I saw this and knee jerk said something aloud that would get me a visit from the secret service a therapist and possibly a priest, how he can think this way about people in suffering is incomprehensible to me

Joey Freshwater
Jun 20, 2004

Always playing with my meat
Grimey Drawer
Finished the interview, went really well I thought. It was with two different people, one who is in the role I'm interviewing for and then the hiring manager/my direct report.

The only time I was held up was when they asked a "what would you do in this situation" question and then asked the same question just worded differently. I paused for a second thinking about it and trying to come up with another answer without acknowledging it's the same question, but the interviewer realized it and said she'd wished she'd reviewed the questions first and moved on to the next ones.

End of the call she told me she wasn't in a hurry to fill the role and that they wanted to find the right person for it, they had more interviews to do etc. I asked her what she needed from me or what I could provide to show I was the right person for the job. She laughed and said she loved the question but didn't have a direct answer and said we could keep in touch.

So....overall I think it went well but it could be next week or next month before I know anything :shrug:

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Hello, would you like to watch a Danish cartoon aimed at toddlers about a man whose gigantic penis gets him into all sorts of wacky situations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM1fv77GIs

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

saintonan posted:

yeah

https://twitter.com/ddayen/status/1347599452870070274?s=21

The Big Jesus
Oct 29, 2007

#essereFerrari

ZuluDashOne posted:

https://twitter.com/ChadBlue83/status/1347596407935528961?s=19

I liked this one in the replies

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Lmao my first though was to make this but someone beat me to it

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

https://twitter.com/glassbottommeg/status/1347606402437574656

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

God bless the internet.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
Needs the gi joe psa "shhhiiiiiiiiii..."

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Freaquency posted:

Colorado passed a law that went into effect on January 1 that requires any job listing to include the salary range you can expect, so that’s at least a small step towards transparency in the hiring process. Overall though the whole rigamarole sucks and I feel for anyone who’s going through it now. Good luck to both Joey and APH!

That’s actually exceptionally rad and good.

Transparency in compensation is mandatory for fair labor practices.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Timby posted:

This fills me with seething rage. There's one particular online HR system, I think it might be UltiPro, that does this and if I see a company's online application portal is using UltiPro (or, again, whatever that particular platform is), I just close the browser tab.

UltiPro is a nightmare, and a LOT of big companies use it in my experience.

fartknocker posted:

Oh God, that poo poo kills me too. I spent all of 2018 and the first part of 2019 going through that and it was sickening when I'd submit sometimes 10-12 applications in a week and get either nothing, just automated replies, or more annoyingly stuff from recruiters for positions I absolutely was not interested in (Made worse by my personal life at the time, where I really needed a decent job ASAP). I've halfway started looking again this year, since my current job is okay but prospects of advancement are low and it'll probably never pay me enough to have the work/life balance I want, but even just putting in a few applications every week or two and not getting any responses again reminded me how much I loving hate the whole process...

My favorite is getting an automated email six months later saying you're no longer being considered for the position.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

Kalli posted:

I was assured that I was being politically naive for wanting not-a-Republican-with-a-D in Joe Manchin's seat and that they needed him there for a democratic majority to enact change and it was actually good for him to vote with Trump more than half the time because of the D next to his name.

~whoopsiedoozles~

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://twitter.com/macfarlanenews/status/1347612778199212035?s=21

that goddamn state

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat

Kalli posted:

Hello, would you like to watch a Danish cartoon aimed at toddlers about a man whose gigantic penis gets him into all sorts of wacky situations?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gCM1fv77GIs

Nice to see Adult Swim going global.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/Reuters/status/1347615860232495104