Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com

Len posted:

SoE was as far as I remember a game where you killed people in a mall and sometimes you did it as a fat guy and sometimes as a lady who jumped on their face and killed them by snapping their necks with her hips or something?

yeah thats basically it.

Its no Fighting Force 64 thats for sure

Anyone play Winback? That game kicked hyper rear end and the multiplayer was stupid dope

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Maxwell Lord
Dec 12, 2008

I am drowning.
There is no sign of land.
You are coming down with me, hand in unlovable hand.

And I hope you die.

I hope we both die.

:smith:

Grimey Drawer
Cloudpunk is a good game so far but if you're going to make a game be all autosaves (A) consider not doing that (though obviously some structures make manual saves difficult) and (B) tell the player when you're saving, and indeed how the whole save system works. I hate not being sure if I can quit.

GAYIDS
May 3, 2020

by Pragmatica
I don't like when the guy is all like "duuuuh I wanna buy a vowel"

Uhh it's the worst

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

The way the Arkham games pronounce Rahs al Guhl still makes me mad

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

You mess with the crabbo...

The new(-ish) Sackboy game seems solid so far, but a couple details are dragging it down for me. Turns out occasional levels are co-op only. Not a huge deal, but kinda sad I won't see everything because nobody's here to do it locally and I'm not planning to touch online multiplayer :smith:
Also, there's a life counter :smithicide:

Walton Simons
May 16, 2010

ELECTRONIC OLD MEN RUNNING THE WORLD

Ugly In The Morning posted:

I’ve never been able to get into CK because the UI just throws so god drat much at you at once and it’s really bad at letting you know what to prioritize or what kind of stuff you can even do a lot of the time.

The biggest hurdle for me to clear was realising that there's no need to be tweaking and optimising all the time and just remaining alive and having kids is a small victory. Also the game is more fun when you're horrible at it.

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

So im replaying breath of the wild because age of calamity made me want to with a lot of its maps just having pieces straight up taken from BotW, and while I'm def not struggling with breakable weapons since the game tends to just throw them at you, its sinking in just how annoying finding a weapon in a chest is. It's astonishing that years later they never patched the game to ask you if you want to replace any equipment when you try to grab something when full, because without that finding a weapon means you gotta bring up the menu, scroll to the page, select the weapon, drop the weapon, close the menu, and then reopen the chest. It does sound silly but if it was just open chest, pick weapon to drop it would help the flow of the game a lot because this is going to happen constantly while playing, and its important to not have a lot of extraneous menu movement in good ui if you can avoid it.

Also the monks really don't need to be in every shrine and greet you and send you off and just geez, just let me do the challenge and get the orb please. They could probably remove them from at least half of the shrines and nobody would care, and they don't even have to get rid of the names on the shrines.

Gaius Marius
Oct 9, 2012

I mean you don't have to open the menu you can just toss your sword

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Gaius Marius posted:

Complaint still applies to shields and ranged weapons though, doesn't it?

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Walton Simons posted:

The biggest hurdle for me to clear was realising that there's no need to be tweaking and optimising all the time and just remaining alive and having kids is a small victory. Also the game is more fun when you're horrible at it.

Its also a game where the funny stories of rabies-driven insane incest dwarf pope going feral and becoming adamite (nude primalist heretic) while ordering crusades against catholic kings and winning making everyone in France stop wearing clothes, or horse becoming a highest tier of nobility are very rare, and usually funnier when you read about them.

Der Kyhe has a new favorite as of 18:52 on Jan 8, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Gaius Marius posted:

But you don't want to ditch your current (probably pretty cool) sword for the new one in the chest.
You wanna scroll through everything and find your shittiest sword to throw away.

HenryEx
Mar 25, 2009

...your cybernetic implants, the only beauty in that meat you call "a body"...
Grimey Drawer

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

But you don't want to ditch your current (probably pretty cool) sword for the new one in the chest.
You wanna scroll through everything and find your shittiest sword to throw away.

lmao if you aren't always using your shittiest sword because what if i need my good sword for a strong enemy!!!!!

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
I have a small mechanical question in Immortals: Fenyx Rising - is there any way to tell when you've found all the items of interest in an area, or do you just need to keep ducking into farsight and doing a quick 360 every now and then?

Riatsala
Nov 20, 2013

All Princesses are Tyrants

Pikmin 3 Deluxe: everytime I get to a mid-mission cutscene (usually boss intro) the game takes all of the pikmin away from one player and gives it to the other, seemingly at random.

Also the game ends with what is by far the most frustrating and unfun sequence and boss fight.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

It's telling that even in the speedruns for Pikmin 3 they said you're probably gonna lose alot of Pikmin in that final boss, but it's totally okay because you can just walk away from it and get more because your ship is right there. That totally makes the bullshit okay

Zoig
Oct 31, 2010

The point about tossing the sword is fair but either way its still more complicated than it needs to be to get rid of most things when a simple menu prompt would have helped a ton, hell they literally do the whole "pick what to drop" in age of calamity when you have too many weapons and it works great there.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I've complained about it before, the thing that really bugs me about the BotW chests is that it's such a constant annoyance through the entire game, I can't imagine no playtesters ever brought it up. It really feels like they just didn't bother caring about it.

Morpheus
Apr 18, 2008

My favourite little monsters

BioEnchanted posted:

I have a small mechanical question in Immortals: Fenyx Rising - is there any way to tell when you've found all the items of interest in an area, or do you just need to keep ducking into farsight and doing a quick 360 every now and then?

As far as I know, no - it's by far the worst part of the game and sucks every time it needs to be done.

Like, they could've had a system where points of interest don't show up on map/compass until you scout them, but when in scout mode they show up greyed out or something, so you still have to look around to find them, but you don't have to pixel hunt to find the drat things.

Edit: pretty sure by the end of the game if there are still things I need to find for Hermes' list, I'm going to just look up a map online.

Morpheus has a new favorite as of 21:11 on Jan 8, 2021

Phigs
Jan 23, 2019

Der Kyhe posted:

Its also a game where the funny stories of rabies-driven insane incest dwarf pope going feral and becoming adamite (nude primalist heretic) while ordering crusades against catholic kings and winning making everyone in France stop wearing clothes, or horse becoming a highest tier of nobility are very rare, and usually funnier when you read about them.

Imagination carries CK quite a bit for a lot of people. I liked it better as a flawed paint the map game personally because I never really got in to filling in the gaps of my character's lives with my imagination. They never really felt real enough to me. I think it's a little too mechanical, too crunchy for me to turn off the part of my brain that interprets it as a puzzle to be solved. I think it would be a much better game for me personally if was more abstract and stripped down. Which is rare for me.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Walton Simons posted:

I didn't notice which thread I was opening and first read this as general life advice. Kind of works.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

Playing a bit of Immortals Fenyx Rising and while its pretty fun, choosing to have BotW style climbing while also not putting in the quick lunge upwards at the cost of stamina by hitting the jump button is immensely stupid and makes the climbing feel super stodgy.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

He plays for the dreamers that forgot how to dream, and the lovers that forgot how to love.
Immortals: You can unlock that ability later although it's not as broken as BOTW

Also I really liked Athena's [spoiler] dungeon, it was thematically interesting.

Basically it's [spoiler]moving larger blocks by moving smaller ones that were tethered to them magically. There were 4 statues of her most famous champions, and each part of each statue's puzzle set tethered a block to them that you used to move them to the center. Th statues cannot be moved otherwise. The idea is that the heroes relied completely on Athena's help and she'd grown kind of addicted to that level of control considering herself the only mind capable of deciding anything. The small blocks are Athena pushing them forward behind the scenes.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

I stopped playing Kingdom Hearts 12 years ago because somehow the plot of this loving crossover takes 20 years to tell and everyone's gonna grow out of it.

My question is, did Mickey give himself an anagram name with an X in it like all the other characters?

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

I hit a very annoying point in AC Odyssey where certain regions are just broadly hostile and your bounty level is set so it can't go below about 40%. Now doing anything mission related is a pain when soldiers will just attack on sight. Worse, the mercenary system already sucks, but because of the bounty level you're essentially guaranteed 3 or 4 damage sponges will show up to any battle now. Fun!

aegof
Mar 2, 2011

Inspector Gesicht posted:

I stopped playing Kingdom Hearts 12 years ago because somehow the plot of this loving crossover takes 20 years to tell and everyone's gonna grow out of it.

My question is, did Mickey give himself an anagram name with an X in it like all the other characters?

None of the Disney characters ever have or ever will do that. Which is one of the Little Things Dragging This Franchise Down: the teams managing the Disney properties can be really precious about their Vision, so you get things like the entire story of Frozen happening just off screen.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

Bussamove posted:

Playing a bit of Immortals Fenyx Rising and while its pretty fun, choosing to have BotW style climbing while also not putting in the quick lunge upwards at the cost of stamina by hitting the jump button is immensely stupid and makes the climbing feel super stodgy.

That's an unlockable upgrade. Which reminds me, something I find annoying about the game is how there are just way too many collectables. There's stamina upgrades, health upgrades, equipment upgrades, potion upgrades and they all take something different.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

How bad is stamina in that game? One of my least favorite things in BotW was how the starting stamina is so low that you basically have to dump a couple dozen shrines into upgrading it just to feel semi reasonable.

Inspector Gesicht
Oct 26, 2012

500 Zeus a body.

You'll probably hit the cap for stamina upgrades fairly quickly. Its not necessary to beat all the vaults and theyre not tied to any achievement.

Its the golden amber upgrades that take forever to grind.

PsychoInternetHawk
Apr 4, 2011

Perhaps, if one wishes to remain an individual in the midst of the teeming multitudes, one must make oneself grotesque.
Grimey Drawer
Going through Fallen Order and sometimes it's really good, but a couple enemy types clearly didn't get enough refinement and have tracking, hit boxes, and parry windows that are just a mess and don't match the animations well. It really goes to show how well Soulsbourne games, which Fallen Order cribs a lot from, hones these aspects to perfection.

BioEnchanted
Aug 9, 2011

Ozomene in Fenyx Rising seems bugged. Sometimes her fight just fails to trigger, she's just sitting there flapping at me menacingly and I can't hurt her at all or trigger the fight.

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Playing Middle Earth: Shadow of War is weirdly hard after playing through AC: Odyssey. I don't remember Shadow of Mordor being particularly difficult, so I'm guessing there are some subtle things AC conditioned me to do that don't work here despite the similar gameplay.

Also it's a little annoying that when you clear out an orc camp for a mission it drops you in the middle of the camp with all the enemies respawned after it's done.

Leal
Oct 2, 2009
Playing Cities Skylines and 2 things really drag the game down, one is death waves. Nothing like losing thousands of my population all in one go. Losing both taxes and I've been cock blocked out of hitting the next population milestone cause of it.

The other is the fact when I get traffic jams and I make bigger roads, everyone still sticks to a single lane

There are 2 other lanes guys

E: Thirdly Cims don't turn right on red

Leal has a new favorite as of 20:06 on Jan 10, 2021

Der Kyhe
Jun 25, 2008

Leal posted:

E: Thirdly Cims don't turn right on red

Because that's only legal in USA and you'd get ticket if you did it anywhere in EU, or Nordics where the publisher and the developer both are from.

moosecow333
Mar 15, 2007

Super-Duper Supermen!
Deathwaves are even worse because they require a hearse to collect the dead body. All of a sudden a massive part of your city all dies at once, the game throws a ton of hearses at that area causing massive traffic jams, and more people move out because no one has been able to collect that rotting corpse for over two weeks.

The ai also refuses to use multiple lanes on the highway too which really annoys me and I think should have been fixed by now.

Captain Hygiene
Sep 17, 2007

Der Kyhe posted:

Because that's only legal in USA and you'd get ticket if you did it anywhere in EU, or Nordics where the publisher and the developer both are from.

This is the one area where the US is objectively ahead of the rest of the world :911:

JackSplater
Nov 20, 2014

Metal Coat? It's already active?!

Leal posted:

The other is the fact when I get traffic jams and I make bigger roads, everyone still sticks to a single lane

Emergency vehicles do this too, and don't get right of way. Nothing like losing a few buildings because your fire trucks don't understand that empty lane = faster!

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Manager Hoyden posted:

Playing Middle Earth: Shadow of War is weirdly hard after playing through AC: Odyssey. I don't remember Shadow of Mordor being particularly difficult, so I'm guessing there are some subtle things AC conditioned me to do that don't work here despite the similar gameplay.

Also it's a little annoying that when you clear out an orc camp for a mission it drops you in the middle of the camp with all the enemies respawned after it's done.

Shadow of War is very much balanced towards the idea that you’ll definitely get killed every so often. It kind of gets frustrating when you’re in the middle of something and the game pushes the “you die now” button and a swarm of heavies comes after you, but it’s a huge part of the orc advancement system.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Dewgy posted:

Shadow of War is very much balanced towards the idea that you’ll definitely get killed every so often. It kind of gets frustrating when you’re in the middle of something and the game pushes the “you die now” button and a swarm of heavies comes after you, but it’s a huge part of the orc advancement system.

Mordor wasn’t nearly as good about killing you and it ended making the game pretty easy to accidentally break by being good at it.

The Moon Monster
Dec 30, 2005

Ugly In The Morning posted:

Mordor wasn’t nearly as good about killing you and it ended making the game pretty easy to accidentally break by being good at it.

Honestly after the first 5 hours or so you become so powerful you'll probably never die in War either.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

The biggest problem with Shadow of Mordor is that everybody who bought it probably got the GOTY edition that came with a bunch of OP runes that trivialized even the opening few hours of the game.