Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Trevor Lawrence would be a huge carrot to dangle but it feels like they need more.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Grittybeard posted:

Definitely not what I would call a top landing spot but the Jags could conceivably get him for one first.

Which would create conversations about whether it was the right move or not for goddamned years even if Lawrence doesn't pan out. And especially if he does.

I have a hard time seeing the Texans trading him within the division.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Even a "can't miss, sure thing prospect" is not as good as a proven elite NFL QB.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

shirts and skins posted:

I have a hard time seeing the Texans trading him within the division.

That's part of what would make the conversation spicy.

But yeah there's surely no way, although if you wanted to imagine this is a better year than most.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Grittybeard posted:

Definitely not what I would call a top landing spot but the Jags could conceivably get him for one first.

Which would create conversations about whether it was the right move or not for goddamned years even if Lawrence doesn't pan out. And especially if he does.

I absolutely would trade a 0-snaps-played Trevor Lawrence for a 25-year-old Deshaun Watson every single time. I don't care that Trevor would be on his rookie contract.

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Impossibly Perfect Sphere posted:

Even a "can't miss, sure thing prospect" is not as good as a proven elite NFL QB.

SKULL.GIF posted:

I absolutely would trade a 0-snaps-played Trevor Lawrence for a 25-year-old Deshaun Watson every single time. I don't care that Trevor would be on his rookie contract.

You guys are like, applying logic to the Texans. Which I'm just going to say seems doubtful.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
Houston is not trading Watson to the jags

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

https://twitter.com/AdamSpolane/status/1347203067222110208

Cal McNair is holding his first press conference at 12 Central today. This is the first time he's spoken a reporter from outside the society page. This is gonna be a shitshow.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!

GD_American posted:

Yeah Brees is probably the purest example of what I was getting at- a QB that let his rookie deal run out, the team wanted to re-sign him and make an offer, and he walked. Cutler is close, though he demanded a trade and got out before his deal expired.

Without the catastrophic shoulder injury, Brees doesn't leave San Diego. It isn't like he wanted to leave

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
If I have to see Beastquake y'all gotta see this.

https://twitter.com/NFL_DovKleiman/status/1347560763502829568

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

a neat cape posted:

Without the catastrophic shoulder injury, Brees doesn't leave San Diego. It isn't like he wanted to leave

I dunno. He'd largely underwhelmed most of his time there, it was just that last season where he put it together a bit

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF

That long rear end windup

Fifty Three
Oct 29, 2007

Hot Diggity! posted:

That long rear end windup
Lmao it looks like he's playing scoop ball

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

Dude they had already drafted Rivers by then.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Silly Burrito posted:

Dude they had already drafted Rivers by then.

Because Brees was flat out bad in 2003.

He had a great 2004 and played well in 2005. Without the injury, the Chargers don't offer him a long term contract laden with incentives. They sign him to a long term deal and flip Rivers who hadn't started a game yet

DariusLikewise
Oct 4, 2008

You wore that on Halloween?

AndrewP posted:

49ers or Rams would be ridiculous. Don't think Rams have the draft capital for it.

Goff, Darrell Henderson and first rounders in 2022, 2023 and a 2021 second for Watson and the 4th rounder from the Brandin Cooks trade, who says no?

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Its like a full second longer. My god.

But it was in perfect stride so, good job Tim. Made your daily accurate throw count!

He came into Miami, down 17 in the 4th, and loving beat us. Ive never been so mad at someone I liked (that Ive never met) ((minus when Shia Labeuf started getting arrested)

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

things were different before the rookie wage scale. drafting rivers put them into a situation where they could not afford brees without bullshit language in the contract which has changed a lot in how it gets counted since then too. i think nowadays, the cincinnati bengals could draft that guy who looks like a little kid, and flip burrow for a third round pick, and that would be viable. but Not back when i was under 20 years old. that was a long time ago

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

It cannot be understated how much that shoulder injury changed things.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

He came into Miami, down 17 in the 4th, and loving beat us. Ive never been so mad at someone I liked (that Ive never met) ((minus when Shia Labeuf started getting arrested)

That whole season he had like 5 of those, just absolutely comical last minute drives that had no business working, and he just pulled a golden horsehoe out of his rear end over and over again.

Okay, granted most of those were rushing TD's, but still.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Kalli posted:

That whole season he had like 5 of those, just absolutely comical last minute drives that had no business working, and he just pulled a golden horsehoe out of his rear end over and over again.

Okay, granted most of those were rushing TD's, but still.

The one against Miami would exactly this. Maybe 4 rushes and a few passes, including a 20 yard bullet after the dude was throwing wobbly ducks 3 previous quarters. It was like they flipped a switch. He was barely moving against us but suddenly he was hitting us for 8-10 yard gains on the ground. Ive never seen that team collapse so quickly against a QB that they were otherwise dominating

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Amy Pole Her posted:

The one against Miami would exactly this. Maybe 4 rushes and a few passes, including a 20 yard bullet after the dude was throwing wobbly ducks 3 previous quarters. It was like they flipped a switch. He was barely moving against us but suddenly he was hitting us for 8-10 yard gains on the ground. Ive never seen that team collapse so quickly against a QB that they were otherwise dominating

The sun will shine even on dog's rear end some days, brother

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

a neat cape posted:

It cannot be understated how much that shoulder injury changed things.

True. There was a video a few years ago on ESPN about What If Drew doesn't get hurt. I think the Chargers win the Super Bowl, Saban never goes to Alabama, and Brady goes to the Jets????

I may be mixing up my what if videos.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

probably the thing i remember most in my life as an NFL fanatic is when drew brees went out hurt and big phil rivers came in and all the fans were cheering louder than they ever had before. They had been begging for D.B. to get hosed and never have a job again after a pathetic loss at the famous "The Chiefs In-Door Dome" that famously has a big roof on it.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

The roof is shaped like the head of an arrow, and the ceiling was bigger than an elephant

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Cavauro posted:

probably the thing i remember most in my life as an NFL fanatic is when drew brees went out hurt and big phil rivers came in and all the fans were cheering louder than they ever had before. They had been begging for D.B. to get hosed and never have a job again after a pathetic loss at the famous "The Chiefs In-Door Dome" that famously has a big roof on it.

I was at that game and no one cheered you are a liar sir

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i remember it like it was yesterday. the broncos converted brees’ huge turnover into the 2nd of tatum bell’s 3 touchdowns, giving the broncos a 14-0 edge. earlier in the quarter, bell had scored from 6 yards. then drew brees said gently caress this and left, and philip rivers entered the game to an extremely loud ovation at the 3:16 mark. that very same drive he marched down the field for 10 plays totalling 69 yards and a touchdown. the only score the chargers had in the whole game. after that, everyone knew one thing. drew brees is a racist piece of poo poo

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
And that he hated waiting for fresh subs to be made.

He had to combine those two things

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

it's all in the past now. We';re all correct in our own way. Justin herbert is the best player in the NFL

really queer Christmas
Apr 22, 2014

Cavauro posted:

i remember it like it was yesterday. the broncos converted brees’ huge turnover into the 2nd of tatum bell’s 3 touchdowns, giving the broncos a 14-0 edge. earlier in the quarter, bell had scored from 6 yards. then drew brees said gently caress this and left, and philip rivers entered the game to an extremely loud ovation at the 3:16 mark. that very same drive he marched down the field for 10 plays totalling 69 yards and a touchdown. the only score the chargers had in the whole game. after that, everyone knew one thing. drew brees is a racist piece of poo poo

This story is fake as gently caress, no way a chargers stadium was extremely loud

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Amy Pole Her posted:

If you want to see 5 minutes of some of the worst shot put throws and blind luck to beat a team... Tebow vs the 2011 Bears:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u7442CfruiA

AndrewP
Apr 21, 2010

That throwing motion is just amazing.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

All pros: 18 AFC, 11 NFC

Skill:

Aaron Rodgers
Travis Kelce - 50
Tyreek Hill
Derrick Henry
Stefon Diggs
Davante Adams

OL:
David Bakhtiari
Quenton Nelson
Corey Lindsley
Brandon Scherff
Jack Conklin

Front 7:

Aaron Donald - 50
Bobby Wagner
DeForest Buckner
Darius Leonard
TJ Watt
Myles Garrett
Fred Warner

Secondary:

Xavien Howard
Jalen Ramsey
Tyrann Mathieu
Minkah Fitzpatrick
Budda Baker

ST:

George Odum
Morgan Cox
Cordarrelle Patterson
Jason Sanders
Jake Bailey
Gunner Olszewski

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

happy for X and Sanders

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I was kind of surprised Gunner Olszewski was the punt returner, but turns out he had the highest average return in the last 9 seasons.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

https://mobile.twitter.com/BuffaloBillsPR/status/1347594049230950402

Beas???

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
SECOND TEAM

OFFENSE(equals)

Quarterback – Josh Allen, Buffalo, and Patrick Mahomes, Kansas City (tie)

Running Back -Alvin Kamara, New Orleans

Tight End – Vacant

Wide Receivers – DeAndre Hopkins, Arizona; Justin Jefferson, Minnesota; Calvin Ridley, Atlanta, DK Metcalf, Seattle, and Cole Beasley, Buffalo (tie)

Left Tackle – Garett Bolles, Denver

Right Tackle – Ryan Ramczyk, New Orleans

Left Guard – Joel Bitonio, Cleveland

Right Guard – Wyatt Teller, Cleveland

Center – Ryan Kelly, Indianapolis, and Frank Ragnow, Detroit

DEFENSE

Edge Rushers – Khalil Mack, Chicago; Za’Darius Smith, Green Bay

Interior Linemen – Chris Jones, Kansas City; Cam Heyward, Pittsburgh

Linebackers – Devin White, Tampa Bay; Demario Davis, New Orleans; Lavonte David, Tampa Bay, and Roquan Smith, Chicago (tie)

Cornerbacks – Jaire Alexander, Green Bay; Tre’Davious White, Buffalo

Safeties – Jamal Adams, Seattle; Jessie Bates III, Cincinnati

SPECIAL TEAMS

Placekicker – Justin Tucker, Baltimore

Punter – Jack Fox, Detroit

Kick Returner – Andre Roberts, Buffalo

Punt Returner – Jakeem Grant, Miami

Special Teamer — Matthew Slater, New England

Long Snapper – Luke Rhodes, Indianapolis

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

shirts and skins posted:

Special Teamer — Matthew Slater, New England

Hall of Famer

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XL2f9l2ZtIY

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Josh Allen is an All-Pro QB lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

fsif posted:

Josh Allen is an All-Pro QB lmao

Tied with Mahomes, so my making GBS threads on Allen's draft position is now somehow equal to you making GBS threads on his.

I say that without rancor, I just don't understand it even though he deserves it.