Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

He's very important to their offense. Still feels like a bit a reach.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Roquan Smith probably should've been first team all pro over , I dunno, let's go with Wagner.

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO
Mildly amused that Jakeen Grant is an all pro anything.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

good job jessie

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

tarbrush posted:

Mildly amused that Jakeen Grant is an all pro anything.

That's how I feel about Gunner. I think punt returner is probably just the 2nd most devalued position. (Behind Kick returner)

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

Roquan Smith probably should've been first team all pro over , I dunno, let's go with Wagner.

Uh Wagner has been awesome, he very much wasn't the problem with that defense earlier this year

Fate Accomplice
Nov 30, 2006

Jake Bailey All Pro Punter.

in Belichick's eyes this season was a huge success.

fartknocker
Oct 28, 2012

Damn it, this always happens. I think I'm gonna score, and then I never score. It's not fair.

Wedge Regret

ketchup vs catsup posted:

Jake Bailey All Pro Punter.

in Belichick's eyes this season was a huge success.

Tears of joy not seen since the days of L.T., Mark Bavaro, and Sean Landeta.

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Dalvin Cook was robbed

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

lol wth

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

2nd team is just the next highest vote getters, so if just about everyone has the same first teamers, then you get random homers giving 1 vote to their guy and stuff like that happens.

Kurgarra Queen
Jun 11, 2008

GIVE ME MORE
SUPER BOWL
WINS
The All-Pro voters really love Cole Beasley. Real scrappy, smart, gritty, lunch-pail carrier who puts them at ease.

a neat cape
Feb 22, 2007

Aw hunny, these came out GREAT!
Sad Keenan didn't get a vote

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

2nd team is just the next highest vote getters, so if just about everyone has the same first teamers, then you get random homers giving 1 vote to their guy and stuff like that happens.

Don't know how to look this up and not certain I would care enough to do so if I did, but how many All-Pros are there that don't have a single Pro Bowl to their name? Has to be a pretty rare occurrence.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I guess if you told me Beasley was the best slot receiver in the league this year I wouldn’t be floored but even then is that all pro worthy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

fsif posted:

Don't know how to look this up and not certain I would care enough to do so if I did, but how many All-Pros are there that don't have a single Pro Bowl to their name? Has to be a pretty rare occurrence.

I bet in the bowels of the 2nd team special teamers, there's a bunch, but yeah, I don't think PFR puts a mark for 2nd team all pros, so it's hard to search.

Metapod
Mar 18, 2012
If Michael Thomas can be all pro why not Beasley?

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also thank you Ben Baldwin for giving me the Punting Stats I need at this moment:

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

https://youtu.be/Ov4DTthQVoQ

Nodoze
Aug 17, 2006

If it's only for a night I can live without you
The Pats best player is literally their punter and I'm not exaggerating

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Also here's some fun punting stats.

The Chargers gave up 564 yards on 37 punts this season, the 2nd worst team, the Jets gave up 446 / 38. The 3rd worst gave up 321 on 33. Truly incredibly awful work Chargers.

The Patriots gave up 71 yards on 12 returns, which is pretty ridiculous, but not quite the Saints, who gave up 46 yards on 20 returns. Though, that was likely by design, as the Saints had the 2nd shortest punts, while the Patriots had the 4th longest average.

Impossibly Perfect Sphere
Nov 6, 2002

They wasted Luanne on Lucky!

She could of have been so much more but the writers just didn't care!
Gunner should probably send Anthony Lynn a nice thank you note for getting that All Pro.

sourdough
Apr 30, 2012

Kalli posted:

Huh, silly but I get it. Would’ve thought AJ Brown or Allen Robinson or someone would’ve gotten a homer vote or two plus a decent chance at a non homer vote or two

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Someone kept Davante from being unanimous 1st team and I want their name

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

Metapod posted:

If Michael Thomas can be all pro why not Beasley?

SLANT boy, not slot boy

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

sourdough posted:

Huh, silly but I get it. Would’ve thought AJ Brown or Allen Robinson or someone would’ve gotten a homer vote or two plus a decent chance at a non homer vote or two

It's doubly silly because the all pro voting sheet is 2 WR slots, 1 RB slot and a "FLEX" spot, which has led to some incredibly stupid things like the same guy being the 1st team WR / RB and the 2nd team Flex.

Also some voters (Peter King) believe the Flex slot should be a slot receiver, and that's how you end up with Cole Beasley getting votes over like DeAndre Hopkins.

fsif
Jul 18, 2003

Kalli posted:

Also some voters (Peter King) believe the Flex slot should be a slot receiver, and that's how you end up with Cole Beasley getting votes over like DeAndre Hopkins.

Okay this explains everything.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Flex All-pro is a dumb idea. Should have a slot WR and slot CB as specific positions.

SKULL.GIF
Jan 20, 2017

Imo PFF's All-Pro team was better than the AP's.

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Flex All-pro is a dumb idea. Should have a slot WR and slot CB as specific positions.

Ehh a WR is a WR

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Kalli posted:

Also thank you Ben Baldwin for giving me the Punting Stats I need at this moment:

Michael Dickson being swept out of Pro Bowl and All Pro honors this year is a shame, he's been incredible

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

The Puppy Bowl posted:

He's very important to their offense. Still feels like a bit a reach.

Diggs leads the league in receptions, targets and yards. He's had an incredible year.

YOLOsubmarine
Oct 19, 2004

When asked which Pokemon he evolved into, Kamara pauses.

"Motherfucking, what's that big dragon shit? That orange motherfucker. Charizard."

pmchem posted:

Diggs leads the league in receptions, targets and yards. He's had an incredible year.

He’s talking about the Beas.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Apparently Morgan Cox is the first long snapper to ever be an all-pro

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
someone post the audio of kawalimus' call-in

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Hot Diggity! posted:

Someone kept Davante from being unanimous 1st team and I want their name

Same but TJ Watt who tied Strahan's 23 TFL single season record in 15 games

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

YOLOsubmarine posted:

He’s talking about the Beas.

ah my bad

tarbrush
Feb 7, 2011

ALL ABOARD THE SCOTLAND HYPE TRAIN!

CHOO CHOO

D-LINK posted:

Same but TJ Watt who tied Strahan's 23 TFL single season record in 15 games

No one cares about tfl

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I don't get it where are all the Panthers?

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Colts were spot on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

GD_American
Jul 21, 2004

LISTEN TO WHAT I HAVE TO SAY AS IT'S INCREDIBLY IMPORTANT!

a neat cape posted:

Without the catastrophic shoulder injury, Brees doesn't leave San Diego. It isn't like he wanted to leave

On paper he turned down $50 million from the Chargers to take $60 million from the Saints. The truth is that the Chargers deal was barely any guaranteed money or salary; it was hugely incentivized. They hedged on him so hard he had to leave.