Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

oxford_town
Aug 6, 2009

Jel Shaker posted:

lol how about the internal staff email link being leaked and a huge number of friends and family turning up instead of clinical staff

Ha. Did this make the news anywhere?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

endlessmonotony
Nov 4, 2009

by Fritz the Horse

goddamnedtwisto posted:

Surprisingly when you post from a position of "90% of the posters ITT are morally inferior to me because they are on the wrong side of the magic line" that tends not to foster comradely behaviour.

It's pretty obvious their point is more to the tune of "most of the current politicians, journalists and property owners are from the same one or two schools and that kind of advantage is seriously hard to dislodge, so Scotland shouldn't sacrifice itself to try to save England, especially as most of the English have been brainwashed to accept abominations unto man like inherited wealth and inherited titles and would fight against anyone helping them".

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times

Jel Shaker posted:

lol how about the internal staff email link being leaked and a huge number of friends and family turning up instead of clinical staff

This is what we have at my trust. I've not heard of friends and family (yet), but the targeted emails being forwarded around entire teams so office staff getting there before frontline staff seems rather common.

I guess it's because the booking system that we use is just a link to a request form, with no individual ID being used, so the same link will work for literally anyone.

At our trust, I believe you need to be carrying your trust ID badge, which is probably the only thing stopping it from turning into a total farce.

frankenbeans fucked around with this message at 23:54 on Jan 8, 2021

The Perfect Element
Dec 5, 2005
"This is a bit of a... a poof song"
A friend of my mum's (whose a bit of a prick, and entirely not medically vulnerable ) just emailed his local hospital and asked if he could have a spare dose of vaccination.

They were like 'oh hey yeah, sure, good idea', invited him down, and now he's getting all of his mates to do the same. Quite successfully.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

The Perfect Element posted:

A friend of my mum's (whose a bit of a prick, and entirely not medically vulnerable ) just emailed his local hospital and asked if he could have a spare dose of vaccination.

They were like 'oh hey yeah, sure, good idea', invited him down, and now he's getting all of his mates to do the same. Quite successfully.

What

frankenbeans
Feb 16, 2003

Good Times
Once they get the vaccine deployment procedures working nicely, there should definitely be an option for people to be on 'standby', especially with the Pfizer vaccine. At our trust we've been able to avoid wasting doses when people are no-shows by asking around, and pulling in anyone within earshot that hasn't had one yet. Before long, all those people will be covered, so we will risk throwing thawed vaccines in the bin.

An ideal solution would be drive-thru jabs. Have one queue of people with appointments and one queue for standby. If the appointment queue runs dry, pull people in from the standby queue. But always be jabbin'.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

endlessmonotony posted:

It's pretty obvious their point is more to the tune of "most of the current politicians, journalists and property owners are from the same one or two schools and that kind of advantage is seriously hard to dislodge, so Scotland shouldn't sacrifice itself to try to save England, especially as most of the English have been brainwashed to accept abominations unto man like inherited wealth and inherited titles and would fight against anyone helping them".

Like I don't know man; if people think England is ever going to give up its toxic relationship with its aristocracy and the ghouls that are literally eating society from the inside out I don't know what to say.

Sometime it does feel like crab mentality; annoyance that Scotland could possibly escape from this poo poo house of a union and I get it functionally means abandoning the english, northern irish and the welsh but it's not my fault or on me to untangle centuries of pure deference to people who fetishise the rich and powerful.

People like me who advocate for jettisoning england in particular aren't the cause of what's happening; we exist as a symptom of a malaise that has been left to get worse; nationalism, specifically English nationalism.

This is where we are and there's no point in trying to save the union as a whole when it condemns entire sections of society to needless pain and strife

There is no other path forward that doesn't rely on expecting the already marginalised to suffer what they must until leftist ideals are a majority held opinion in a land that seems to reflexively attack anything even remotely resembling a blurred facsimile of it.

How much longer do others have to wait for England to get its poo poo together?

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 9, 2021

Gambrinus
Mar 1, 2005
Our Health Board one was quite logical compared to others I've heard about. Filled out a form on December with name/ area of work etc, got phone call a couple of weeks later asking if I was free to have a vaccine tomorrow.

It took about 45 minutes to get the whole process done including a 15 minute sit down at the end to make sure my head wasn't going to explode.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Ash Crimson posted:

i sometimes feel like this thread doesn't like me, thats the vibe i get

they're right to, OP.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

they're right to, OP.

Care to expand?

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Cutest In The World, Six Time DDT Ironheavymetalweight champion, Two Time International Princess champion, winner of two tournaments, a Princess Tag Team champion, And a pretty good singer too!
"When I was an idol, I felt nothing every day but now that I'm a pro wrestler I'm in pain constantly!"

Ash Crimson posted:

Care to expand?

bad vibes.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

So nothing concrete; got you.

Thanks for answering, really appreciate your constructive criticism and feedback

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Ash Crimson posted:

So nothing concrete; got you.

vibes are the only real thing in the world.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Ash Crimson posted:

Care to expand?
You have a massive history of blaming the English as a collective whole for all of the UK's problems, when there are plenty of good English people and plenty of lovely Scottish people. Stop doing that, and people will stop calling you on how loving lovely a worldview that is.

Ash Crimson posted:

anyone can be and can adopt the nationality
I don't want to, why does that make me responsible for what rich people do

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

ItohRespectArmy posted:

vibes are the only real thing in the world.

I actually would have appreciated some constructive feedback rather than this shrugging of the shoulders and gesturing vaguely to this concept of bad "vibes".

I already struggle with social interaction because of my Aspergers and anxiety as it is

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

If someone accuses you of reducing everything to the inherent superiority of the scottish brain over the english brainlet it's not a particularly strong defence to simply post at length about why you think that.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Ash Crimson posted:

I actually would have appreciated some constructive feedback rather than this shrugging of the shoulders and gesturing vaguely to this concept of bad "vibes".

I already struggle with social interaction because of my Aspergers and anxiety as it is

maybe you should make less posts making fun of peoples dead friends and also not claim there are too many welsh people, stuff like that will really mess up your vibes.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

Borrovan posted:

You have a massive history of blaming the English as a collective whole for all of the UK's problems, when there are plenty of good English people and plenty of lovely Scottish people. Stop doing that, and people will stop calling you on how loving lovely a worldview that is.

See this really pisses me off because on other countries in the UK have been marginalised and sidelined for decades, often at the expense of those living on them but me apparently openly voicing my vocal discontent with this long standing status quo, as well as for the historical fact that England continuously votes for increasingly conservative governments Is akin to me believing that every scottish person is good and incapable of evil whilst every english person is somehow intrinsically predisposed to being an absolute dickhead

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer
There’s too many Welsh people?

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

I think it is the part where you keep saying that it's "the english" and "england" who are like that while "scotland" is cool and good, that makes people think you mean that.

Niric
Jul 23, 2008

endlessmonotony posted:

That's an extraordinarily generous reading

Niric fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Jan 9, 2021

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I think it is the part where you keep saying that it's "the english" who are like that.

What nationality in this union holds the vast majority of power and can effectively decide who does and does not govern? It's not the welsh it's not the Scottish it's not the cornish or the Irish, it's not the Manx or people living in Gibraltar etc

It's valid to get annoyed at me for focusing on the English, you would prefer if I used kinder words in describing my antipathy for the situation we collectively find ourselves in?

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

OwlFancier posted:

I think it is the part where you keep saying that it's "the english" and "england" who are like that while "scotland" is cool and good, that makes people think you mean that.
Also the fact that they've explicitly said it a bunch of times* & doubled down when called on it

e: * e.g. ^^^

Borrovan posted:

Why did you ignore this part, I'm English but consider Wales my home, why should I have to identify as Scottish to be a decent person

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

What nationality in this union holds the vast majority of power and can effectively decide who does and does not govern? It's not the welsh it's not the Scottish it's not the cornish or the Irish, it's not the Manx or people living in Gibraltar etc

It's valid to get annoyed at me for focusing on the English, you would prefer if I used kinder words in describing my antipathy for the situation we collectively find ourselves in?

I would prefer it if you would pick either "the english are inherently poo poo" or "I don't like you accusing me of saying that the english are inherently poo poo" rather than trying to have both of them. That would be the most immediate improvement I can think of at the moment. There are other possible improvements but I think they are far outside the scope of possibilities so I will settle for consistency in what you are saying, and I don't really care which part you end up thinking is more important to you.

kingturnip
Apr 18, 2008

Dogatron posted:

I got vaccinated today in a small district hospital in the north of england. Which was nice.

The way it is being offered is on a first click basis with no targeting of staff. I was stood in my theatre blues in a line of office staff at 10am. The nurse that jabbed me even commented that I was the first clinical worker she had jabbed that day.

The problem with rolling out NHS vaccine appointments via computer clicking in hospitals is that the staff who spend all day clicking on computers will obviously be at the front of the queue. I'm working in a theatre department that has mostly been turned into a Covid ITU. Yet my colleagues can't book vaccinations on the e mail system because they have all gone and they don't have time to read an email that tells them of new vaccination slots opening. Because they are looking after covid patients.

Please can somebody who works in another trust tell me this idiocy is just localised?

At least we will have a resiliant and robust covid vaccinated human resources department to help us next week when we expect the real surge.

Someone else already pointed it out, but that's a lovely attitude to have.
First of all, if your unit has been mostly turned into a Covid ITU, presumably you're wearing effective PPE most of the time so your exposure to Covid during your work shift is going to be limited. There are going to be a lot of staff in patient-facing roles that are at much higher risk of catching Covid than you are.
Secondly, "hurr durr Admin morons" is probably complete bullshit. HR - if they're anything like the Trust I work for - are likely flat-out trying to cover their regular workload as well as sorting out redeployment requests and a range of payroll stuff related to that. I doubt they're first in line for anything. If your Trust is under serious pressure, there probably aren't many admin staff supporting non-essential operations at the moment.
Thirdly, if ward staff are so stretched for time that they can't check their emails, how are they going to find the time to walk to wherever the vaccinations are taking place, queue up for a vaccine and then wait 15 minutes afterwards to check they have no adverse effects? I just checked my work email on my phone; it took less than 30 seconds.

Presumably, if take-up among ward staff is poo poo after a few weeks, someone will notice and try to make arrangements. If not, I'm sure you can send a passive-aggressive email to someone to let them know.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

I would prefer it if you would pick either "the english are inherently poo poo" or "I don't like you accusing me of saying that the english are inherently poo poo" rather than trying to have both of them. That would be the most immediate improvement I can think of at the moment. There are other possible improvements but I think they are far outside the scope of possibilities so I will settle for consistency in what you are saying, and I don't really care which part you end up thinking is more important to you.

How should I word it then? That I don't take issue with the english themselves but with the political and historical influence and power they continue to hold over other countries, both inside and outside, directly and indirectly, in the union and that it has been a net negative for everyone, including themselves?

How do you put that into friendly language that isn't going to put off people who view seperatism as some sort of inherent betrayal to everyone else in the union?

Tesla was right
Apr 3, 2009

Whats with all the robot sex avatars?
Call the baddies Westminster instead of England if you don't actually believe the English are a kind of orc.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

Tesla was right posted:

Call the baddies Westminster instead of England if you don't actually believe the English are a kind of orc.
Actually I identify as an Uruk-hai, and you, Sir or Madam, are a racist

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

You could stop trying to cram it into the framework of nationalism, because "the english" are quite inconsistent in what they want. It is, literally, a land of contrasts. There were more english people supporting the 2017 and 2019 labour platforms than there are people total in scotland, that there are slightly more horrible pricks in the country does not mean they don't exist and attempting to consistently pretend that is the case so that you can keep whingeing about "the english" and also simultaneously complain about people accusing you of whingeing about the english, is quite annoying. Say what you mean and stand by it, I again, do not care what that is, if you just want to cosplay braveheart then do it, but don't moan when people say you're doing that.

Camrath
Mar 19, 2004

The UKMT Fudge Baron

Bobstar posted:

I got a "hamper" (cardboard box) of foods from work as a Christmas thing. It featured some vanilla fudge. It compares to Camrath's fudge as a McDonalds hamburger does to a fine steak.

Also, Camrath, can you still ship to the EU? :ohdear:

Not ashamed to admit I let out an audible ‘aww’ when I read this comment, and insisted on showing it to my wife.

Sadly at this point I’m not going to be able to ship to the European mainland- at least until things are a bit clearer with regards customs. But as soon as I can, I will and I’ll make sure everyone is aware.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

You could stop trying to cram it into the framework of nationalism, because "the english" are quite inconsistent in what they want. It is, literally, a land of contrasts. There were more english people supporting the 2017 and 2019 labour platforms than there are people total in scotland, that there are slightly more horrible pricks in the country does not mean they don't exist and attempting to consistently pretend that is the case so that you can keep whingeing about "the english" and also simultaneously complain about people accusing you of whingeing about the english, is quite annoying. Say what you mean and stand by it, I again, do not care what that is, if you just want to cosplay braveheart then do it, but don't moan when people say you're doing that.

I think the concept of England loving sucks and that it should be split into differing countries/autonomous regions and I don't think there is a way to word that opinion that isn't going to be read as an attack against english people or Englishness, not when I'm essentially and functionally calling for the disbanding of the country defines said group

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

For someone who doesn't like the union I would suggest that drawing lines in places you don't live and don't like is a very unionist attitude.

ItohRespectArmy
Sep 11, 2019

Ash Crimson posted:

I think the concept of England loving sucks and that it should be split into differing countries/autonomous regions and I don't think there is a way to word that opinion that isn't going to be read as an attack against english people or Englishness, not when I'm essentially and functionally calling for the disbanding of the country defines said group

i think people are pretty willing to discuss the idea of balkanising england, judging by the reactions to the NIP.

Ash Crimson
Apr 4, 2010

OwlFancier posted:

For someone who doesn't like the union I would suggest that drawing lines in places you don't live and don't like is a very unionist attitude.

I'm in favour of northern independence and other regional variations; I'm not arguing for picot-sykes or a historically similar equivalent and it's weird that you seem to think I am

I even tried engaging in good faith and dropping the hyperbole and posting shtick and you still are hell bent on reading the absolute worst out of everything I say

Ash Crimson fucked around with this message at 01:08 on Jan 9, 2021

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Ash Crimson posted:

For me the problem is your consistent refusal to understand the concept of "population". Once you can get your head around the idea that different places have different amounts of people living in them and that that tends to be an important thing in a democracy, *then* we can get into the concept of proportions and heterogeneity and maybe then you might be ready for the absolute revelation that an imaginary line does not actually mean poo poo about who is and isn't a better person.

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Ash Crimson posted:

I'm in favour of northern independence and other regional variations; I'm not arguing for picot-sykes or a historically similar equivalent and it's weird that you seem to think I am

If you are so ardent about the need to disband the country you should have more courage in your convictions.

Borrovan
Aug 15, 2013

IT IS ME.
🧑‍💼
I AM THERESA MAY

I think it might be possible to attack the concept of England without consistently blaming "the English" as a collective whole for all of the UK's problems.

For example, I think that the concept of England is poo poo, but that's due to the 1% of rich cunts in it,* and definitely not due to the literal majority of the population who don't vote Tory

e: *it's actually due to the concept of nation states being inherently poo poo, but my point still stands

serious gaylord
Sep 16, 2007

what.

Ash Crimson posted:

I even tried engaging in good faith and dropping the hyperbole and posting shtick and you still are hell bent on reading the absolute worst out of everything I say

Its because you're just a boring poster OP.

You could get away with this stuff if you were funny, or at least entertaining in your delusions. But you're not. You're boring. We get what you're trying to do but its been done by much better posters many times before. Just stop it.

goddamnedtwisto
Dec 31, 2004

If you ask me about the mole people in the London Underground, I WILL be forced to kill you
Fun Shoe

Borrovan posted:

I think it might be possible to attack the concept of England without consistently blaming "the English" as a collective whole for all of the UK's problems.

For example, I think that the concept of England is poo poo, but that's due to the 1% of rich cunts in it,* and definitely not due to the literal majority of the population who don't vote Tory

e: *it's actually due to the concept of nation states being inherently poo poo, but my point still stands

I mean there's quite a bit of self-interest in my rejection of the idea that you're judged based on the aggregate of the people inside the imaginary line, what with - through accident of birth - sharing a postcode with Canary Wharf.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

therattle
Jul 24, 2007
Soiled Meat

Borrovan posted:

I was going to say something along similar lines: it’s not about English, Scottish etc but who controls the money and power, abs who doesn’t. There are plenty of rich, powerful Scottish landowners who are Tory, and there are many progressive Englishers. I don’t get the focus on the nations - it’s missing the wood for the trees.