Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

born on a buy you posted:

Won’t the Ult and Passive let them spam kill teams low on health as clean up without even using the champions abilities? It resets the cool down on the ult when you possess. You possess on kill. Ult hits nearest low person.

Depends entirely on Heartbreaker's numbers, and I suspect they'll keep the actual execution portion of it on the lighter side so that there's less incentive to playing him like budget Katarina.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Firebert
Aug 16, 2004

his ult scalings on S@20 right now are...fucky? He has what looks like crit chance scalings on his ult but the tooltip number is just absurdly high right now

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Nah, one AoE ability dealing 4950 extra damage from crit chance at full build is fair.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

"Welcome to pound town, Slifer slacker!"

Firebert posted:

his ult scalings on S@20 right now are...fucky? He has what looks like crit chance scalings on his ult but the tooltip number is just absurdly high right now

He's explicitly been designed to work with Blade of the Ruined King (the item) and presumably other ADC adjacent things like Master Yi does. They mentioned it in a dev blog somewhere that if they ever made The Ruined King a champion it would be a failure of design if he didn't want on-hit items like BotRK.

The scaling is wrong but he probably has crit chance scaling on abilities to help him use ADC items. Or just so that if he body-jacks an adc his ult becomes more powerful when leaving. Oh, it's because it literally hits the primary target with an auto-attack, applying on hit effects and having the chance to critically strike now that I think about it.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

I imagine they want to discourage bruiser/tank Viego as much as humanly possible, as a huge amount of the balance of his passive is going to center around how difficult it is for him to actually get involved in fights to bodyjack someone without exploding.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Literally the only reason I'm not voting for Monster Tamers as a skinline is because they chose Ezreal to show it off.

I get it. He is the anime champion. This does not mean he needs to be in every anime-themed skinline.

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I got banned / hacked / someone was playing under my account and I'm not sure who or why.

I also have no way of figuring out why I was banned, as Riot sent me no email.

Guess I'll hit up Support and figure out why. Glad they didn't change password at least.

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

Firebert posted:

thankfully it's a placeholder otherwise everyone would be rushing as many agi cloaks as possible by 6

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
Wait where can I email Riot to ask about my ban? Doesn't appear anywhere on the site.

Vermain
Sep 5, 2006

zaepg posted:

Wait where can I email Riot to ask about my ban? Doesn't appear anywhere on the site.

Go to the Riot Support site, click on League of Legends, click "Submit a Ticket," and select, "Discuss a personal suspension or restriction."

Smol
Jun 1, 2011

Stat rosa pristina nomine, nomina nuda tenemus.
So when will we see the next male champion that has a shirt? :downs:

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

The sentinel will probably have a shirt and be male.

So three releases after Ruined King.

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Hellioning posted:

The sentinel will probably have a shirt and be male.

So three releases after Ruined King.

He might be the energy based ADC they’ve discussed in the past, which would mean no shirt potentially.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Lmao I just tried Yone for the first time and how is this champion a thing?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

SirSamVimes posted:

Lmao I just tried Yone for the first time and how is this champion a thing?

He's arguably less bullshit than Yasuo for one thing.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Arguably?

Lord_Magmar
Feb 24, 2015

Depends on your personal feelings, so yeah I think he's less bullshit but I could understand some people having the opposed opinion.

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

Thank god I was really worried for a second there riot wouldn’t release another mana less champ with an extremely safe farming skill, and for some reason a %hp dmg aa reset. Better yet, a self resetting execute ultimate just in case you forgot riot keeps adding those.

Honestly every champ they add now seems to be more and more overloaded. Tanks in particular seem really hosed now since they all tend to be mana champs and just can’t deal with this onslaught of mana less %hp dmg champs. Kinda ridiculous.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

i think we can all agree tanks are hosed and haven't been viable since 2016

Drone_Fragger
May 9, 2007

The only reason malph is viable right now is because his poke is insanely safe and strong with the current runes so you can often just shove champs out of lane with it, and can then press r in a team fight to auto win.

Invalid Validation
Jan 13, 2008

That and most people play him as a burst mage.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
we were in a massive tank meta like 3 weeks ago

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
never listen to league players about what is or isn't underpowered
(hint it's whatever they were playing when they lost their last game)

The Door Frame
Dec 5, 2011

I don't know man everytime I go to the gym here there are like two huge dudes with raging high and tights snorting Nitro-tech off of each other's rock hard abs.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

never listen to league players about what is or isn't underpowered
(hint it's whatever they were playing when they lost their last game)

(checks notes)
Mage Teemo support is underpowered. Lower his Q CD, make his E also slow by 25% for .25 sec, and make his W scale with AP like Janna Please god don't, I think Teemo is in a pretty good spot as a solo laner and supporting with him is funny, but rarely successful. His W scaling might be interesting, but I feel like there's a good reason that it doesn't

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Monicro posted:

we were in a massive tank meta like 3 weeks ago

It's amazing how everyone has already forgotten Bami's Cinder before the Mythic Forge

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

Robots confuse squirrels.

Smart players don’t worry about whether tanks or fighters are best in top, they pick Ornn and get both.

Hellioning
Jun 27, 2008

Smart players don't worry about top at all, tbh. They mostly focus on bot side. Maybe if herald is up.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
Smart players do one extremely early gank in top and then forget about it when the enemy top laner ragequits from it.

rabidsquid
Oct 11, 2004

LOVES THE KOG

smart players get shoved in lockers by dumb cool players

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

rabidsquid posted:

smart players get shoved in lockers by dumb cool players

Also known as Junglers.

Monicro
Oct 21, 2010

And you could feel his features in the air
A wide smile and perfect hair
He had complete control of the rising tides
And a medicine bag hanging at his side

In the flowing blue world of the death-dealing physician
every smart player cant cook. all they know is mcdonald’s , charge they phone, twerk, be bisexual , eat hot chip & lie

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011
smart players play xin zhao in all lanes

Weird Pumpkin
Oct 7, 2007

I'm pretty sure smart players just uninstall this cursed game

Verviticus
Mar 13, 2006

I'm just a total piece of shit and I'm not sure why I keep posting on this site. Christ, I have spent years with idiots giving me bad advice about online dating and haven't noticed that the thread I'm in selects for people that can't talk to people worth a damn.
league is fun.

Barudak
May 7, 2007

So whatever tweaks they made to Wild Rift versus main league makes it takes less time is nice. The lack of inhibitors and final turrets is different, I think.

I dunno I haven't played main league in like 4 years according to the account I just logged into to check

njsykora
Jan 23, 2012

There’s also roughly triple the gold for killing minions and they have less health so waves get pushed faster and you get items faster. I enjoy it but touchscreen controls are hell so I’m waiting until it comes out on console to really get into it.

Midig
Apr 6, 2016

So I get incredibly sick of carries getting super farmed like 14/2/5 and so forth and throwing the game by diving the enemy tower to get the enemy 0/6 support three times in a row. So I picked up Jax thinking that if I am the carry then the team is kept from this urge. I get such stats and realize to my horror that even if I am super fed and resistant to this unecessary throwing urge, it wont matter in the slightest because then your entire team will do that instead, even if their KDA is horrible and they died to that same guy 3 times already. Turns out you can only have 6 items and after that point the enemy will catch up. The simple idea of waiting 2 seconds for everyone to form up and have a solid 5v5 is foreign to them and they took 0 advantage of my lead by dying 1 by 1 in no particular area for no reason.

TL;DR

Knowing or even caring about macro means nothing if your teammates dont.

Midig fucked around with this message at 02:21 on Jan 12, 2021

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Just remember that the enemy has to be just as bad as your teammates in order for them to still be at the same elo and end up matched together.
Instead of hyper-focusing on stuff you can't change ("Wow my team in [literally any level below challenger] is real bad and keeps making mistakes!"), look for the enemy mistakes you can take advantage of or your own personal mistakes that you can improve and fix. Because I guarantee that unless you're in challenger there are thousands of each

zaepg
Dec 25, 2008

by sebmojo
I'm convinced there's a farm factory somewhere that pumps out toxic children playing League of Legends in Blind Pick, whose sworn mission is to bait and spam you with question marks and leave halfway through.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kazinsal
Dec 13, 2011

zaepg posted:

I'm convinced there's a farm factory somewhere that pumps out toxic children

Yeah, it's called America.