Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

Goddamn. Tbey finally did the thing 5 years after they should have

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Holy poo poo, they did it :stare:

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Thank you!

Also big lol on Trumps Twitter. Apparently he now has a Parlar account.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Celebratory dabs and a beer at my place.

:toot:

:comfyoot:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

BUG JUG posted:

Incoming wave of parler posts in 3...2...1....

About that:

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1347679520044711936?s=19

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
If you didn't click the twitter link, he was permanently suspended for the two tweets today. They broke down their analysis for the decision:

We assessed the two Tweets referenced above under our Glorification of Violence policy, which aims to prevent the glorification of violence that could inspire others to replicate violent acts and determined that they were highly likely to encourage and inspire people to replicate the criminal acts that took place at the U.S. Capitol on January 6, 2021.

This determination is based on a number of factors, including:

President Trump’s statement that he will not be attending the Inauguration is being received by a number of his supporters as further confirmation that the election was not legitimate and is seen as him disavowing his previous claim made via two Tweets (1, 2) by his Deputy Chief of Staff, Dan Scavino, that there would be an “orderly transition” on January 20th.
The second Tweet may also serve as encouragement to those potentially considering violent acts that the Inauguration would be a “safe” target, as he will not be attending.
The use of the words “American Patriots” to describe some of his supporters is also being interpreted as support for those committing violent acts at the US Capitol.
The mention of his supporters having a “GIANT VOICE long into the future” and that “They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!” is being interpreted as further indication that President Trump does not plan to facilitate an “orderly transition” and instead that he plans to continue to support, empower, and shield those who believe he won the election.
Plans for future armed protests have already begun proliferating on and off-Twitter, including a proposed secondary attack on the US Capitol and state capitol buildings on January 17, 2021.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
What were the tweets?

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human race

my balls have reached escape velocity i hmbol'd too hard.
incredible content

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

lomarf

Soylent Pudding
Jun 22, 2007

We've got people!

The $2,000 Checks and Our Failing Vaccine Rollout Have Something in Common

quote:

I think a lot of the criticism of the proposal can be traced to many years spent observing and participating in a purely resentment-based politics. In this vision of governance, every proposal is analyzed not in terms of how many people it can help but in terms of how mad others would be to see those people helped.

That calculus helps explain a number of infuriating Democratic tendencies. It accounts for their cringing reluctance to support popular ideas, such as student debt relief, for fear of future Fox News segments about suddenly debt-free art majors having more disposable income for avocado toast. And when popular ideas do make their way into the mainstream, it’s why these Democrats feel around for some argument, however specious, that might torpedo the proposed plan, like saying that if we made public college free for everyone, Jared Kushner would simply attend Fresno State without paying his fair share.

hannibal
Jul 27, 2001

[img-planes]
In other news, let's rename some bases!

https://twitter.com/jaredbkeller/status/1347674089268400129

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

:byewhore:

Who wants to do "the user was permabanned for this post" Photoshop?

... that said, what's stopping him from starting a new one?

bird food bathtub
Aug 9, 2003

College Slice
Oh man Orange Pissbaby is gonna be maaaaaaaad. Make the tweet you get gently caress- oh wait hahahahahaha

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

CBJSprague24 posted:

:byewhore:

Who wants to do "the user was permabanned for this post" Photoshop?

... that said, what's stopping him from starting a new one?

Literally the same thing that keeps us from making a new account here if we catch a probe or a ban. You get nuked for evading the original punishment.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Stravag posted:

Goddamn. Tbey finally did the thing 5 years after they should have

Time Crisis Actor
Apr 28, 2002

by Hand Knit
He still has @POTUS

LOL the #1 trending topic is "THANK YOU TWITTER"
Has nearly 500k impressions in, like, 10 minutes

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I still think Mexico should have bought it and shut it down. Or banned turmp day one they would've owned it.

/\
Do you think he remembers he has the potus account?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Stultus Maximus posted:

What were the tweets?

“The 75,000,000 great American Patriots who voted for me, AMERICA FIRST, and MAKE AMERICA GREAT AGAIN, will have a GIANT VOICE long into the future. They will not be disrespected or treated unfairly in any way, shape or form!!!”

“To all of those who have asked, I will not be going to the Inauguration on January 20th.”

MRC48B
Apr 2, 2012

prediction: he will use the emergency broadcast system to shitpost until the 20th.

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

Those tweets are fairly mild compared to the rhetoric that led up to this. Twitter must’ve been in full “If the next thing he says isn’t ‘I resign’...” mode.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

I still think Mexico should have bought it and shut it down. Or banned turmp day one they would've owned it.

/\

At least that one isn’t on his smartphone yet.

Don Dongington
Sep 27, 2005

#ideasboom
College Slice
My favourite part is that, because he refused to use the POTUS account in favour of his own, the ban will persist even after he is removed from office, either via expiry of his term or other.

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

MRC48B posted:

prediction: he will use the emergency broadcast system to shitpost until the 20th.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

:discourse:

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

:nsavince:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

yes

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

:trumppop:

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

/\

It's set up to auto retweet him, we will find out in about a day though.

KirbyKhan
Mar 20, 2009

Soiled Meat

Brute Squad posted:

my balls have reached escape velocity i hmbol'd too hard.
incredible content

It is too beautiful

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Hey does anyone have that gif of the popcorn smilie staring at the earth while an astronaut floats by?

Lake of Methane
Oct 29, 2011

https://twitter.com/DonaldJTrumpJr/status/1347698165030346752

Not the President, just your rear end in a top hat dad.

Nostalgia4Butts
Jun 1, 2006

WHERE MY HOSE DRINKERS AT

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Did he wind up going to camp David or did he stay in DC?

Cause him stuck in the whitehouse not being able to shitpost would really make my weekend

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Naramyth posted:

Did he wind up going to camp David or did he stay in DC?

Cause him stuck in the whitehouse not being able to shitpost would really make my weekend

He cancelled the Camp David trip, so you got your wish!

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

McNally posted:

Hey does anyone have that gif of the popcorn smilie staring at the earth while an astronaut floats by?

McNally
Sep 13, 2007

Ask me about Proposition 305

Do you like muskets?
Thanks!

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.

facialimpediment posted:

He cancelled the Camp David trip, so you got your wish!

YES

YEEESSSS

Brute Squad
Dec 20, 2006

logging off
https://twitter.com/Microsoft/status/1347698349789618178?s=20
i will never log off

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

god drat

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

Anyone check the flights to Argentina lately?

https://twitter.com/barronjohn1946/status/1347694753786200064