Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
Parler has been given an ultimatum by Apple to enforce strict moderation or be kicked from the app store in 24 hours.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.
I think chuds storming the capital while a dual session of congress was in session is finally the mattering.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

I was saying that courting one of Murkowski or Collins would be the only hand the Dems had left if they split the runoffs in GA, I never thought Trump would wind up causing it to happen instead lmfao

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

Vertical Lime posted:

laura loomer just got giddy

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1347690230388838403

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

https://twitter.com/TheRickWilson/status/1347687575562043393

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
Hyperventilating over how many Trump tweets are now lost to time and people's Screenshots folders.

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
make the president of the united state of america coupons only jack

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

Mr. Nice! posted:

I think chuds storming the capital while a dual session of congress was in session is finally the mattering.

It's hilarious that if the cops had done their job, the far right and Trump would be in a million times better shape right now. But they just assumed they would be friendly/wanted to help the mob, and then they suddenly became the dog who caught the car

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Freaquency posted:

I was saying that courting one of Murkowski or Collins would be the only hand the Dems had left if they split the runoffs in GA, I never thought Trump would wind up causing it to happen instead lmfao

"Questions her future as a republican" is leverage, not necessarily a promise. However... Murkowski is up for re-election in 2022, and she's already announced she's running. Interestingly, that will be the first election with Alaska's new jungle rules - ranked-choice voting of 4 candidates in the general, I don't know if that plays into it.

Alaska ballot measure 2 just passed this november, it's kinda cool and weird!
https://ballotpedia.org/Alaska_Ballot_Measure_2,_Top-Four_Ranked-Choice_Voting_and_Campaign_Finance_Laws_Initiative_(2020)

I really wonder if this gives Murkowski an opening to keep office even as a Democrat, if she assumes multiple republican challengers might split the vote even with ranked-choice? E.g., each republican might have a lot of voters who pick them as 1st, but Murkowski as 2nd, and that plus all the democrat votes and a solid chunk of republican loyalists would win the office?

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

C-Euro posted:

Hyperventilating over how many Trump tweets are now lost to time and people's Screenshots folders.

And the library of congress, which is obligated to keep them all forever, haha. Don't worry, none of trump's presidential tweets are lost to history.

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT
Look, if we get a stupid newbie here named RealDonaldTrump I'm going to be suspicious.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

So what are the odds they were watching whatever Trump tweeted before posting it and he said one of the magic phrases that caused this? Or did they actually have an all hands on deck meeting and decide to do it?

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Leperflesh posted:

And the library of congress, which is obligated to keep them all forever, haha. Don't worry, none of trump's presidential tweets are lost to history.

They should be flushed down the crapper, but I understand why they're going to be kept.

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
https://twitter.com/drewtoothpaste/status/1347691622264406019?s=21

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

remember folks

https://twitter.com/kenklippenstein/status/1347692541538422788

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Leperflesh posted:

I really wonder if this gives Murkowski an opening to keep office even as a Democrat, if she assumes multiple republican challengers might split the vote even with ranked-choice? E.g., each republican might have a lot of voters who pick them as 1st, but Murkowski as 2nd, and that plus all the democrat votes and a solid chunk of republican loyalists would win the office?

I doubt she'd run as a Democrat or officially switch parties, she'd just become, and run as, an independent.

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

And facebook responded faster than twitter

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

saintonan posted:

I doubt she'd run as a Democrat or officially switch parties, she'd just become, and run as, an independent.

Yeah, and if she’s an Independent does she caucus with the GOP still? If so I don’t see a lot of point to standing up to the party by leaving it. Even if the Dems can’t count on her vote, if she caucuses with them that makes it easier to hold onto committee chairs.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/mrgracemugabe/status/1347693086923583488?s=19

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

And facebook responded faster than twitter

and neopets faster then them!

https://twitter.com/leyawn/status/1347575828784287745

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

So what are the odds they were watching whatever Trump tweeted before posting it and he said one of the magic phrases that caused this? Or did they actually have an all hands on deck meeting and decide to do it?

Apparently 350 twitter employees signed a letter to Jack asking to ban him.

I can't believe I typed that very silly 100% true sentence and that it matters.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Kalli posted:

My guess is Mitch, Nancy, Chuck, and Joe turned the screws. The new Articles are for inciting insurrection, and I can see the boomers (for whom all of this only matters bc they were directly threatened) unleashing on Jack

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Freaquency posted:

Yeah, and if she’s an Independent does she caucus with the GOP still? If so I don’t see a lot of point to standing up to the party by leaving it. Even if the Dems can’t count on her vote, if she caucuses with them that makes it easier to hold onto committee chairs.

I don't see a whole lot of gap between her and Manchin. Maybe on unions. I expect they're 100% aligned on dirty resource extraction policy, which is super important in both states. I agree she'd more likely go independent, and if she went Dem I doubt she gets a committee chair (she's 'only' a three-term senator, and those generally go to the most senior, although not always).

e. actually yeah 3 terms is enough, and she could probably demand a chair as payment for agreeing to caucus with the dems, hey

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

"Questions her future as a republican" is leverage, not necessarily a promise. However... Murkowski is up for re-election in 2022, and she's already announced she's running. Interestingly, that will be the first election with Alaska's new jungle rules - ranked-choice voting of 4 candidates in the general, I don't know if that plays into it.

Alaska ballot measure 2 just passed this november, it's kinda cool and weird!
https://ballotpedia.org/Alaska_Ballot_Measure_2,_Top-Four_Ranked-Choice_Voting_and_Campaign_Finance_Laws_Initiative_(2020)

She got primaried by a teabagger nut and won the general with write in votes, I think she'll do fine with ranked choice.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Man if only we talked to those fine folks some more, they might not have committed a terrorism.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf

poo poo, I haven't fed my pets in like 15 years

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

that's a hell of a deal on ketchup

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH

sephiroth182 has had enough

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

Leperflesh posted:

I don't see a whole lot of gap between her and Manchin. Maybe on unions. I expect they're 100% aligned on dirty resource extraction policy, which is super important in both states. I agree she'd more likely go independent, and if she went Dem I doubt she gets a committee chair (she's 'only' a three-term senator, and those generally go to the most senior, although not always).

Murkowski's actually pretty decent on environmental poo poo. My mom works for an environmental non-profit in Washington State and Murkowski has apparently been really helpful working with Cantwell and Murray about stuff protecting and funding parks and what not.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!
https://youtu.be/CnQ8N1KacJc

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
So can Trump just use the Potus twitter?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Its Rinaldo posted:

Probably, but it wouldn't have his name on it, so why bother?

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

bone shaking.
soul baking.

Kalli posted:

They had a blog post that explained it was because his tweets today were glorifying violence and his supporters were taking them as indication they should continue and attack the inauguration.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Its Rinaldo posted:

Will Don Jr. give daddy his phone?

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

so ive finished hades and CP2027.

i got bored with persona 4

wad dishonroed 2 good?

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

I don't think he ever used it before, occasionally whoever was in charge of it would copy-paste @realdonaldtrump posts.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Better late than never I guess. God if anything I hope the failed coup is the final nail in the coffin for Trump. The Q nut jobs will hang around, but I hope this at least stalls their growth.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*
Oh poo poo, Donald used the hot tag.

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

Skwirl posted:

Murkowski's actually pretty decent on environmental poo poo. My mom works for an environmental non-profit in Washington State and Murkowski has apparently been really helpful working with Cantwell and Murray about stuff protecting and funding parks and what not.

https://www.seattletimes.com/opinion/sen-lisa-murkowski-oil-drilling-in-arctic-refuge-can-be-done-safely/

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

Oh poo poo, Donald used the hot tag.

:laffo: