Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

KICK BAMA KICK
Mar 2, 2009

Pre-empted on my Fox affiliate. FJ from J!Board:

BLOCKBUSTER MOVIES
Released in 2017, this movie is the highest-grossing film in the U.S. that’s set during World War I

Manisha Munshi: 13400-13400=0
Jared Blum: 8200-5601=2599
Yoshie Hill: 13800-7000=6800 (New Champ)

Correct response: Wonder Woman (Manisha – Dunkirk) (Jared – 1917) (Yoshie – 1917)
Like the clue, easy enough to get right but those wrong answers are very plausible red herrings. E: OK only one of them, forgot what Dunkirk was about.

Zero One posted:

Bad wagers in final.
Seriously I get that nobody in third place understands when to stand pat but wtf was the 7000 from the leader? Betting to lose in basically any case!

KICK BAMA KICK fucked around with this message at 01:48 on Jan 7, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Third place not betting correctly and losing because of it is the worst. poo poo they even had first betting wrong and would've ended up on top still.

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

It airs here at 7:30, so it was on here.

Not a well played game, but not as out there as yesterday's.

Middle guy had an awkward story about a friend filling his car with packing peanuts, which was revenge for middle guy wrecking the friend's car.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
“Other people aren’t as smart as me because I do crossword puzzles” sure is a thing to use as your story on national television.

I was mad she won. I was mad at that whole game.

mr. unhsib
Sep 19, 2003
I hate you all.

HookShot posted:

“Other people aren’t as smart as me because I do crossword puzzles” sure is a thing to use as your story on national television.

I was mad she won. I was mad at that whole game.

It was funny that she blew the 4,4 clue after that humblebrag.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005

mr. unhsib posted:

It was funny that she blew the 4,4 clue after that humblebrag.

I definitely laughed.

CPColin
Sep 9, 2003

Big ol' smile.
She should have ran the G-Q category, too, with those credentials.

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Zero One posted:

Bad wagers in final.

But I got the correct response right away. Maybe it was easier because the sequel just came out

Wow. It's like they planned it or something. :v:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Zero One posted:

Bad wagers in final.

But I got the correct response right away. Maybe it was easier because the sequel just came out

I only got it because I listened to the latest We Hate Movies episode that morning

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
I actually thought of it then ruled it out because j thought the sequel was an origin story so it didn’t make any sense lol.

In case it wasn’t obvious I have seen neither movie.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Is there anywhere that streams Jeopardy? I can't watch today's episode because NBC15 in Madison, WI, is utterly daft and airs Jeopardy at 4:30 in the afternoon, and I'll be at a doctor's appointment at that time today (and, no, I really can't blow that appointment off, not even for Alex). :smith:

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
There's no legit streams because it's a syndicated show. If you poke around I'm sure you'll find a recording later. Wouldn't surprise me if they post the episode to YouTube either.

Nutella
Jun 27, 2005

"And the meek shall inherit the earth"
Feeling sad and nostalgic about tonight's episode. Jeopardy is a show that unites families and friends. My 8th grade drop-out Dad, who was a very smart man loved Jeopardy and felt good that even though his education level was low his knowledge about the world and history was pretty good. He made it clear to everyone that you did not call during Jeopardy or WOF unless you were having such an emergency that you would die if you didn't make that call. He also made sure that I was watching it with him and my mother. RIP Alex and RIP Dad.

mennoknight
Nov 24, 2003

I WILL JUST EAT ONE MORE SANDWICH
OH MY HEAD EXPLORDED I'M JAY FATSTER
I can't watch this one live. Things are hard enough as it is.

Duckman2008
Jan 6, 2010

TFW you see Flyers goaltending.
Grimey Drawer
https://arstechnica.com/gaming/2021/01/what-i-learned-playing-30-years-worth-of-jeopardy-video-games/

And we are a few episodes behind on our Jeopardy DVR and I’m not exactly rushing to get to the end 😔

Mikemo Tyson
Apr 30, 2008
I teared up when Johnny announced Alex for the last time. Trebek was there every weeknight at 7pm for me.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
gently caress I'm not ready for this.

Poque
Sep 11, 2003

=^-^=
Our DVR grabbed the earlier preempted episodes so time to cry for three straight eps

GhostStalker
Mar 26, 2010

Guys, find a woman who looks at you the way GhostStalker looks at every bald, obese, single 58 year old accountant from Tulsa who managed to win $4,000 by not wagering on a Final Jeopardy triple stumper.

The tribute video at the end there...

Spelling Mitsake
Oct 4, 2007

Clutch Cargo wishes they had Tractor.
So long! :cheers: :(

Zesty
Jan 17, 2012

The Great Twist

Timby posted:

Is there anywhere that streams Jeopardy? I can't watch today's episode because NBC15 in Madison, WI, is utterly daft and airs Jeopardy at 4:30 in the afternoon, and I'll be at a doctor's appointment at that time today (and, no, I really can't blow that appointment off, not even for Alex). :smith:

Cut the cord and share a YouTube TV account with some friends/family for like, 15-20 bucks a month each.

Zero One
Dec 30, 2004

HAIL TO THE VICTORS!
So long.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
:unsmith:

Was that the announcer singing "My Way"? It didn't sound like a familiar version and then I thought maybe the voice actually was familiar.

Vertical Lime
Dec 11, 2004

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=arsStQAhHVA

zakharov
Nov 30, 2002

:kimchi: Tater Love :kimchi:
I didn't tear up as much as I thought I might, I guess I got most of the sad out of my system in November. The video at the end did get me a bit though.

packetmantis
Feb 26, 2013
So long, Alex. :smith:

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit
Well that got me

Cyril Sneer
Aug 8, 2004

Life would be simple in the forest except for Cyril Sneer. And his life would be simple except for The Raccoons.
Well the sad bits aside,

That flight category was awful.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Zesty posted:

Cut the cord and share a YouTube TV account with some friends/family for like, 15-20 bucks a month each.

I already cut the cord, that's why I'm at the mercy of my broadcast rabbit ears.

The Human Cow
May 24, 2004

hurry up
So long, Alex! End of an era :(

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KfDUKtxi8HU

:qq:

Groovelord Neato fucked around with this message at 03:09 on Jan 9, 2021

RC and Moon Pie
May 5, 2011

When did he dress up like KISS?

I still prefer this one.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y6rHqrLA7aw

F_Shit_Fitzgerald
Feb 2, 2017

The '80s Jeopardy theme is the best, along with this (which I wish they'd bring back):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJzYa-Upui8

The new 'board fill' sound sucks. It's like a default ringtone for a smartphone.

TL
Jan 16, 2006

Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold; Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world

Fallen Rib

F_Shit_Fitzgerald posted:

The '80s Jeopardy theme is the best, along with this (which I wish they'd bring back):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jJzYa-Upui8

The new 'board fill' sound sucks. It's like a default ringtone for a smartphone.

As a kid, my wife had a PC version of Jeopardy which came on a floppy disk. Her Dad was playing around with the disk, found all the .wav files of Alex doing voiceover, and the sound effects, and re-recorded them in his voice. When my wife started a game, the first thing she would hear is her father going "doo doo doo doo doo doo doo doo" for the board fill.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

That is the best one and I originally posted it but the '92 is the first one I can honestly remember.

HookShot
Dec 26, 2005
Well I cried.

Darth Brooks
Jan 15, 2005

I do not wear this mask to protect me. I wear it to protect you from me.

You weren't alone.

Analytic Engine
May 18, 2009

not the analytical engine
edit: nm

Analytic Engine fucked around with this message at 11:19 on Jan 9, 2021

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Darth Brooks posted:

You weren't alone.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU