Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

For some reason it's the "They are NOT nice" that's getting to me when discussing some apparently imminent insurrection.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

OAquinas posted:

Funny, considering one freeper literally goes by Uruk-hai.

“Olog-hai”, which is a troll :v:

Still not convinced that’s not a long-term plant that got out of control.

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
It was antifa, but how dare you call those patriots terrorists!

triwolf posted:

Uh, wonder why that might be..?

You have to arrest one democrat for every republican, that's the rule

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Looks like social media is purging a bunch of right wing accounts. Maybe freep will get some new members from the newly expelled who will then be zotted as antifa plant accounts and/or blog pimps?

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

So uh

Trump got banned on Twitter.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Here's their thread, keep an eye on it. 1 post right now, but I'm sure that's changing soon and fast.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3923063/posts

Finnankainen
Oct 14, 2012
Ground floor
The president has been permanently suspended from Twitter,

quote:

To: janetjanet998
‘The left won the culture wars. Now they’re just driving around shooting survivors.”

3 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:26:32 PM by proust (Justice delayed is injustice.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 1 | View Replies]

quote:

Violence, in the end, is always the answer.
Now just shut up and let us get back to fixing the elections and ruling over you. The Government knows what is best!

5 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:27:08 PM by KC_Lion

quote:

To: JoSixChip
See y’all at the Camp!

28 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:33:41 PM by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 19 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Professional
This is happening with demonic fury.

31 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:35:20 PM by D Rider ( )
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

Welcome to neo Jim Crow. This is the power of private property.
The alternate, or whatever ya need to call themselves need to create and develop alternate medias and forms.

40 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:38:08 PM by Theoria (I should never have surrendered. I should have fought until I was the last man alive)

quote:

To: Professional
Twitter is an enemy combatant.
We are seeing who the enemy really is.
God help us.

45 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:40:15 PM by tet68 ( " We would not die in that man's company, that fears his fellowship to die with us...." Henry V.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 2 | View Replies]

quote:

F Twitter, with.a COVID-laden hockey stick, sideways.

47 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:40:39 PM by Sicon ("All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others." - G. Orwell)

Funny how they're almost as mad about this as Trump losing the election.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

Finnankainen posted:

Funny how they're almost as mad about this as Trump losing the election.

If Trump was given the choice between another term and the Twitter account, he would step down immediately.

CharlestheHammer
Jun 26, 2011

YOU SAY MY POSTS ARE THE RAVINGS OF THE DUMBEST PERSON ON GOD'S GREEN EARTH BUT YOU YOURSELF ARE READING THEM. CURIOUS!
The freeper going against private property is fun

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Icon Of Sin posted:

Here's their thread, keep an eye on it. 1 post right now, but I'm sure that's changing soon and fast.

https://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/3923063/posts
:freep: I'll be your conduit Q!

quote:

To: Anti-Bubba182
Jun 4 2020

Q !!Hs1Jq13jV6 ID: 866b8a No.9473673 📁

Jun 4 2020 18:49:59 (EST)

EAM LOYALISTS:

RED1: POTUS twitter removal

RED2: Central communications blackout [continental US]

RED3: CLAS movement PELOSI or PENCE

RED4: Movement of MIL assets [10th Mountain_1st Marine_CPSD_Marine_QVIR] to central locations under guise of citizen riot control.

RED5: NAT MIL COM CEN

RED6: SEC OF DEF _instruct1

USSS

CASTLE_ROCK

Q

43 posted on 1/8/2021, 4:01:17 PM by Diogenesis ("when a crime is unpunished, the world is unbalanced" )

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.
This true?

quote:

To: livius

Casey Newton
@CaseyNewton
·
26m
In STILL OTHER news,
@Discord
says it has banned server The Donald, which was connected to TheDonald dot Win and the Donald subreddit.

Made decision “due to its overt connection to an online forum used to incite violence and plan an armed insurrection,” spox says.

102 posted on 1/8/2021, 7:10:01 PM by janetjanet998
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 100 | View Replies]

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

davecrazy posted:

This true?

Discord like every other social media platform has a Nazi Problem, and as such can be trusted to ban a few dozen communities from their platform every time a right-wing terrorist attack happens

Cabbages and VHS
Aug 25, 2004

Listen, I've been around a bit, you know, and I thought I'd seen some creepy things go on in the movie business, but I really have to say this is the most disgusting thing that's ever happened to me.

DarklyDreaming posted:

Discord like every other social media platform has a Nazi Problem, and as such can be trusted to ban a few dozen communities from their platform every time a right-wing terrorist attack happens

Discord is more like IRC than it is like other social media and that makes policing it generally more difficult

HappyHippo
Nov 19, 2003
Do you have an Air Miles Card?
TheDonald is freaking out right now

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Welcome to neo Jim Crow. This is the power of private property.

Agreed, comrade conrad, private property must be abolished for the good of all.

Jagged Jim
Sep 26, 2013

I... I can only look though the window...
"Ha! Our God-Emperor will just use Parler then!"

Google suspends Parler from app store after deadly Capitol violence

"ah, well, nevertheless..."

quote:

Apple is also threatening to pull the Parler app. The night of the long knives has come on the net. Parler needs places to vend its app.

1 posted on 01/08/2021 5:07:35 PM PST by Anti-Bubba182
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | View Replies]

quote:

Fehk... so much for the Android fallback.

Web App! Web App! Web App!

3 posted on 01/08/2021 5:09:19 PM PST by Gene Eric (Don't be a statist!)

quote:

Quite a non-sequitur but in the insane land if liberals it is a cause and effect.

The techno-totalitarianism.

My sink got clogged after deadly Capitol violence.

5 posted on 01/08/2021 5:09:53 PM PST by ifinnegan (Democrats kill babies and harvest their organs to sell)

quote:

Today is like the MAGA Red Wedding.

12 posted on 01/08/2021 5:11:52 PM PST by Drew68

quote:

Welcome to China, dumb Americans...

17 posted on 01/08/2021 5:13:52 PM PST by Empire_of_Liberty

We've got them right where we want them!

quote:

They are afraid. Good!

26 posted on 01/08/2021 5:17:17 PM PST by Wilderness Conservative (Nature is the ultimate conservative)

They just can't help themselves!

quote:

To: GreyFriar

Amazon needs to stay neutral for their own safety. They have too many facilities and too many employees who they might endanger if the take a side against 75 million angry voters. I mean, all their trucks have their name on them and most of their distribution hubs are easily identified.

It just doesn’t seem smart for them to upset that many people.

32 posted on 01/08/2021 5:19:26 PM PST by CarmichaelPatriot (Recovering Kalifornian... Loving Alabama!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 23 | View Replies]

Yeah, in that meeting that totally happened they absolutely anointed Fox the leader of the insurrection. :rolleyes:

quote:

To: GreyFriar; Anti-Bubba182

Tucker just said that CNN has openly called for the elimination of Fox News at a meeting this morning. Reason, Fox is leading the insurrection.

35 posted on 01/08/2021 5:20:35 PM PST by GreyFriar (Spearhead - 3rd Armored Division 75-78 & 83-87)

quote:

To: austinaero

Hopefully some sane patriotic money will pour into Parler and get it enough financial boost to host it’s own site!

43 posted on 01/08/2021 5:23:41 PM PST by austinaero
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 36 | View Replies]

quote:

To: ifinnegan

This is a sign of weakness by the Deep State - both Republican and Democrats. They fear us - this is their reaction to fearing us and rightly so. May God have mercy on us all because from here on out we are in a fight for freedom the likes of which we have not seen before.

Patriots breached the Wizard of Oz Capital and we saw them cowering. Lots of martyrs will be made. This is OK - Saint John revealed to us this was coming. These are birth pangs. The horsemen are loose.

57 posted on 01/08/2021 5:31:26 PM PST by Swarthy Greek Immigrant (I am an austere religious scholar that support mostly peaceful protests.)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 28 | View Replies]

quote:

To: Swarthy Greek Immigrant

It’s starting to resemble the Soviet Coup Attempt of 1991.

59 posted on 01/08/2021 5:33:01 PM PST by dfwgator (Endut! Hoch Hech!)
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 57 | View Replies]

Sarcastr0
May 29, 2013

WON'T SOMEBODY PLEASE THINK OF THE BILLIONAIRES ?!?!?

quote:

Today is like the MAGA Red Wedding.

12 posted on 1/8/2021, 8:11:52 PM by Drew68

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

"The Clintons send their regards"

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Jagged Jim posted:

They just can't help themselves!

quote:

To: GreyFriar

Amazon needs to stay neutral for their own safety. They have too many facilities and too many employees who they might endanger if the take a side against 75 million angry voters. I mean, all their trucks have their name on them and most of their distribution hubs are easily identified.

It just doesn’t seem smart for them to upset that many people.

32 posted on 01/08/2021 5:19:26 PM PST by CarmichaelPatriot (Recovering Kalifornian... Loving Alabama!)
If a chud took out a datacenter and Parler went down because it had no redundancy built in to its infrastructure it would be a great self-own.

Parler feed is back up
I hadn't heard of this one.

quote:

To: cll
MeWe is still having issues. Most likely Denied of Service happening.

3 posted on 1/8/2021, 6:58:39 PM by CanvasDefender (Tip: Learn about VPN)

quote:

To: CanvasDefender
“Most likely Denied of Service happening.”
Seems to be a lot of that going on. The globalist/fascists are busy.

5 posted on 1/8/2021, 7:01:24 PM by House Atreides
[ Post Reply | Private Reply | To 3 | View Replies]

Wikipedia posted:

MeWe is an American alt-tech social media and social networking service owned by Sgrouples, a company based in Culver City, California. MeWe's light approach to content moderation has made it popular among conspiracy theorists, particularly the anti-vaccine movement, as well as American conservatives.
Seems right.

quote:

To: cll
It's up, but very, very slow, and you may get an error message. It could be that they are upgrading servers to handle increased demand. They tend to do that at night on weekends, but usually later than this, like after 1 AM EST. This could be something bigger though going on with the Internet. I keep checking L. Lin Wood's parler for updates, since I believe he has an inside connection to the Trump family:
https://parler.com/profile/linwood/posts

6 posted on 1/8/2021, 7:03:08 PM by Dr. Franklin ("A republic, if you can keep it.")

Cleretic
Feb 3, 2010

Ignore my posts!
I'm aggressively wrong about everything!
I'm gonna love it if it turns out the last right-wingnut site left standing is Freep, specifically because they were too cowardly to actually do anything actionable.

Minenfeld!
Aug 21, 2012

That dude has "Endut! Hoch hech!" in their sig and I hate that freepers watch the Simpsons.

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Cleretic posted:

I'm gonna love it if it turns out the last right-wingnut site left standing is Freep, specifically because they were too cowardly to actually do anything actionable.

That's going to happen but it's not because of a lack of terror attacks tied to Freep (There was the synagogue shooter and that time they tried to kill the bartender who carded Jenna Bush back in the day) It'll be because no billionaire has to worry about his "Brand" being ruined by hosting Freep content

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009
I haven't read this thread in years!

Please tell me. Is Jim Rob still alive? Are their servers still in some closet and maintained by his son? Are they still constantly running money drives and extracting hundreds of thousand a year for Jim Rob's family?

I don't understand how this place survives given how they would ban anyone who didn't adopt the fervent craziness of the week. That said, this brand of craziness did end up winning the country in the form of Trump.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

MayakovskyMarmite posted:

Please tell me. Is Jim Rob still alive? Are their servers still in some closet and maintained by his son? Are they still constantly running money drives and extracting hundreds of thousand a year for Jim Rob's family?

I don't understand how this place survives given how they would ban anyone who didn't adopt the fervent craziness of the week. That said, this brand of craziness did end up winning the country in the form of Trump.

1) yes
2) yes
3) OH YEA (at least they're trying to, userbase is dwindling).

DarklyDreaming
Apr 4, 2009

Fun scary

Jim Rob is still alive but barely, they just had a server meltdown a few weeks ago, and I don't know when the next Freep pledge drive is but they're still doing them.

MayakovskyMarmite
Dec 5, 2009

DarklyDreaming posted:

Jim Rob is still alive but barely, they just had a server meltdown a few weeks ago, and I don't know when the next Freep pledge drive is but they're still doing them.

Amazing. The king of the idiots. Can't de-platform Jim Rob!

Magugu
Mar 30, 2013

I came to drink, fight, and f@ck. And im fresh outta beer, so what will it be?

Freep: Today is like the MAGA Red Wedding

Neo_Crimson
Aug 15, 2011

"Is that your final dandy?"

Cleretic posted:

The DarkSyde Phil of websites.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
They like to use The Night of the Long Knives as a metaphor for “our fortunes have turned quickly” which leads me to believe they don’t know what actually happened in the real event, who were the perpetrators and targets, and why it happened

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Scratch Monkey posted:

They like to use The Night of the Long Knives as a metaphor for “our fortunes have turned quickly” which leads me to believe they don’t know what actually happened in the real event, who were the perpetrators and targets, and why it happened

In all honesty they probably confuse it for Kristallnacht, or think it was the same thing

Pontius Pilate
Jul 25, 2006

Crucify, Whale, Crucify

Amazing. The king of the idiots. Can't de-platform Jim Rob!

That said, dale reed did lay down in the street, and died.

e: and savagesusie hasn’t been heard from years, so probably dead or institutionalized

Guavanaut
Nov 27, 2009

Looking At Them Tittys
1969 - 1998

Toilet Rascal
Night of the long glass? Night of the broken knives?

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

“Night of the wrong wives” will always have a place in my heart. Such a clusterfuck that was almost unbelievable even by hellworld standards.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story
I kind of wish dalereed had lived to see Trump nominated. Would his love of poor people dying override his burning hatred of hats?

DarklyDreaming posted:

I think they're just constant now. Someone in the thread a while back said they used to be quarterly and technically still are, but whereas they used to meet their goal in a couple of weeks, now it takes almost the entire three months to meet it, so the Freepathons are just always happening now.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

What's the last time JimRob was seen or posted anything on the site?

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.
Keep in mind this is babby's first data science project but this freepathon I'll have be able to scrape the full quarter. So far:

Last quarter, which I only have partial data, it ran up to Dec 9 and JR had to add the monthlies in order to declare victory early.

I guess I can kind of get the allure to running a grift like this: just host a forum for geriatrics to rub themselves raw about how great and patriotic the politician they like for that election cycle is and watch the money roll in. IIRC they still have to manually create paragraphs with HTML tags when they post, so clearly all the money they get isn't going towards improving the user experience of the people that actually generate JR's income. It just seems to go towards hosting and general maintenance of the site which is really a minimal time investment if you know what you're doing and stay on top of it.

Kavak posted:

What's the last time JimRob was seen or posted anything on the site?
He posts all the time in the freepathon threads as recently as yesterday.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

DarklyDreaming posted:

That's going to happen but it's not because of a lack of terror attacks tied to Freep (There was the synagogue shooter and that time they tried to kill the bartender who carded Jenna Bush back in the day) It'll be because no billionaire has to worry about his "Brand" being ruined by hosting Freep content

They're going to try to take Freep down but then they'll hit their quarterly fundraising goal just in the nick of time, defeating the deep state once and for all until the next quarter.

Kavak
Aug 23, 2009

kik2dagroin posted:

It just seems to go towards hosting and general maintenance of the site which is really a minimal time investment if you know what you're doing and stay on top of it.

His kids and other relatives draw giant paychecks from the site for barebones maintenance work if anything.

Which is why I'm curious about JimRob's current status- the last photos I saw of him were a decade ago and he looked like death. It'd be very easy to pull a Weekend at Bernie's through the internet.

The Cubelodyte
Sep 1, 2006

Practicing Hypnolaw since 1990
Grimey Drawer

CharlestheHammer posted:

The freeper going against private property is fun

I’ve read (not on Freep but elsewhere) the argument is that since Twitter is a publicly-traded company, it is PUBLIC PROPERTY, and that’s why this is a First Amendment issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kik2dagroin
Mar 23, 2007

Use the anger. Use it.

Kavak posted:

It'd be very easy to pull a Weekend at Bernie's through the internet.
Oh yeah, definitely. I wonder how many freepers personally know the family and post regularly. The Robinson clan would have a vested interest in not announcing the death so the grift can keep going but the more people involved in the social circle outside of them could easily post about his passing. I honestly don't think it matters if he passes at least as far as the short term. His son can just say "welp, dad is dead but I will keep the site up" and then the money just goes directly into his pocket. Longer term freepers will die off since they're old and the younger crowds will get started on their rightwing brainwashing on sites that have a more modern browsing experience.

If JR is smart he'll bump up his targets to bilk more money out of freepers, especially considering he can point to Trump's ban from social media.

:freep: Gosh folks, we need freerepublic.com now more than ever. The DEEP STATE is banning conservatives left and right and this is putting an increased strain on John from having to ward off ANTIFA CHICOM SUPERSOLDIER HACKERS from breaching our firewall perimeter. I hate to do this but we're raising our fundraising targets to $100,000 a quarter. Please, if you can, donate just an extra $5 per month or a one time payment of any extra money you get in your social security checks.