Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

IDK if this will work for every Beat on the Brat mission but I had a fun thing happen: I got the For My Son quest or w/e, the one where you have to take out the leader of a boxing gym. It just so happened to be the same location as a Brat fist fight, so when I killed the leader the entire gym aggroed and I was able to fight the Brat boss with all my weapons intact. It was still kinda tough though lol, had to strong atk w/blades to get her down. Maybe you can just run into every fight guns blazing?? That would be cool lol

it's just that one, i'm pretty sure, if that's the one in the Animals location. they give you an easy out that you're almost sure to discover because she can TKO a lot of builds in one punch and the actual boxing ring for her is tiny enough that it's tough to dodge.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I wish more of the little side quests in this game let you talk your way into places

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The dialogue standoffs in general are just awesome, there should be more

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Bicyclops posted:

it's just that one, i'm pretty sure, if that's the one in the Animals location. they give you an easy out that you're almost sure to discover because she can TKO a lot of builds in one punch and the actual boxing ring for her is tiny enough that it's tough to dodge.

it was the animals one ya

HORMELCHILI posted:

I wish more of the little side quests in this game let you talk your way into places

this. the dialogue checks just seem to be different roads to the same place. i want things to wildly differ between options

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

it was the animals one ya

this. the dialogue checks just seem to be different roads to the same place. i want things to wildly differ between options

Yeah, outside of story missions its kind of just a way to avoid combat in a few spots.
But like that gym you mentioned its cool how you can just talk some poo poo with everyone on your way in, and theres a lot of gigs in like bars and clubs and public locations where they dont immediately aggro, where it would be cool to be able to use dialogue options to advance through rooms/floors

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The Pickup mission is really close to Alpha Protocol level choices but so far that’s the only mission I seen that’s been like that.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

They should have presented the side gigs differently instead of the extremely ubisoft presentation, people are probably going to see all the icons and get burnt out thinking theyre all like copy paste bullshit, but even the blue ones usually have a small narrative thats more interesting and has better encounter design than they would in any other aaa game.
Plus, it wouldve felt more substantial to have to go pick up a job from the fixer first, everyone would probably be saying poo poo like “Wow i cant believe how many missions the fixers have”, albeit maybe the map wouldve felt more empty

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

Plus, it wouldve felt more substantial to have to go pick up a job from the fixer first, everyone would probably be saying poo poo like “Wow i cant believe how many missions the fixers have”, albeit maybe the map wouldve felt more empty

yeah, the "pick up rocks"dream from the dream thread reminded me of tinker tom's weather quest thing from fallout 4, which is really just them assigning a random dungeon to explore like 14 times, and at the end, tinker tom just says "oh, I was wrong after all, that was useless, haha, our bad, radiant quests ftw, want to play skyrim on a Christmas ornament? lol"

and like, most of the quests you get in fallout 4 are that, you just have to pick up the quest from an NPC. the phone calls just cut out two fast travel trips.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

https://streamable.com/hgjrfg

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

lol

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

lmao

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I like how often you don't have to drive in this game compared to every other open world game ever made although I wish you could skip dialogue inside of moving vehicles or elevators.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

lmfao

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I like how often you don't have to drive in this game compared to every other open world game ever made although I wish you could skip dialogue inside of moving vehicles or elevators.

I dont know if its even that you dont HAVE to drive, or you just dont mind walking as much because the map is actually interesting and designed in a natural way, whereas in other games youve seen the 12 copy and pasted houses between towns by the end of the first couple hours, and you get sick of having to like take some stupid winding path around a ridge you should be able to go straight over.
the npcs are also great, like its fun to just "people watch" the stream of random NPCs sometimes

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I mean like NPCs driving you around instead.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

When I'm walking I usually just kerenzikov hop because I'm a freak.

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

Panam has a weird stilted way of talking that reminds me of my ESL wife but I don't want Synthy to take a weedwhacker to my nards.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

i mostly run to places now to boost the Athletics stat, and potentially unlock free Skill Points for other stuff.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

The guy in the background sad walking with just his underwear FTW.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

Panam has a weird stilted way of talking that reminds me of my ESL wife but I don't want Synthy to take a weedwhacker to my nards.

i love her, but my first love was Judy but i can't dump my loads in her cos she's gay.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I'm planning to try to smoke the corporate milf's holes myself.

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull posted:

The guy in the background sad walking with just his underwear FTW.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Wormskull posted:

I mean like NPCs driving you around instead.

thats like three quests. its bullshit, i even got the loving talking taxi and it doesnt drive you around

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

needs the jojo thing

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Daikatana Ritsu
Aug 1, 2008

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

a Loving Dog
May 12, 2001

more like a Barking Dog, woof!

lmao

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

this game is friggin cool

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i mostly run to places now to boost the Athletics stat, and potentially unlock free Skill Points for other stuff.

this, but it's super slow. i have 4 body and i still haven't capped athletics from running.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Daikatana Ritsu posted:

i love her, but my first love was Judy but i can't dump my loads in her cos she's gay.

I couldnt get into judy because of how like pandering her design is lol not in like sexual way but in like funkopop guy way. Shes cool though

Pushy Cat
Jun 24, 2016

the buy a car icon is the reason i have a kusansgi ct-3x. hosed up

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I feel like athletics xp is tied to stamina spent, so as you increase your stamina and level up athletics it becomes harder to level up athletics, on top of the xp lvl requirements

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Everybody should buy the Maimai car btw

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

i'm at the point where i run the drop machines out of money and i still can't see how i'd afford all the cars. i'm tagging them as i go but i left a ton in watson and the quest markers are driving me bonkers.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

The maimai car is only like 16000

Bicyclops
Aug 27, 2004

finally finished Fool on the Hill and that was kind of underwhelming....

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Disappointed there’s no cyberware mod to make all food taste like pierogi, and you can’t even get food at the pierogi shop