Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
(Thread IKs: Captain Foo)
How do you feel about Archnemesis mods on rares?
Incredibly fun, I love them!
They're alright
Needs more work
Almost as much fun as shoving a red hot nail under my fingernail
Other (post below)
View Results

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Portal effects are in the supporter packs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Masonity
Dec 31, 2007

What, I wonder, does this hidden face of madness reveal of the makers? These K'Chain Che'Malle?

Fister Roboto posted:

What if ricochet works with toxic rain, and the ground counts as terrain...?

So...toxic bouncing balls?

boo_radley
Dec 30, 2005

Politeness costs nothing

Zenithe posted:

The perfect portal already exists

turn on your monitor

a challenge hideout is an amazing flex tho. I can't wait to see how many of them I can't figure out in my head :toot:

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Zenithe posted:

Hello.jpg

External Organs
Mar 3, 2006

One time i prank called a bear buildin workshop and said I wanted my mamaws ashes put in a teddy from where she loved them things so well... The woman on the phone did not skip a beat. She just said, "Brang her on down here. We've did it before."

"Still sane, ex- Oh, clearly not. I'll show myself out."

marie_eh
Mar 21, 2008

Zenithe posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6jA9SYrlSYY

It does, sorry to anyone who missed out.

Tenzarin
Jul 24, 2007
Taco Defender
That's one ugly portal.

whypick1
Dec 18, 2009

Just another jackass on the Internet
Nah, I'd rather live with the fact that I didn't waste my time playing that much Legacy.

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
the 36 challenge reward is an entire hideout

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ebywL0RYqsU

Jinnigan
Feb 12, 2007

We shall pay him a visit. There will be a picnic. Tea shall be served.
cobra lash pf: zoomy, great speed, okay single target
creeping frost/vortex occultist (trickster?): not as zoomy, solid clear, solid single target
bleed lacerate glad: ? clear, good single target

ugh not sure which build to go here

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Ringo Roadagain posted:

I was thinking of bleedquake too until I saw the boss clusterfuck, since wouldn’t it be a real pain in the rear end to manage keeping them ensnared with ensnaring arrow?

Ensnaring arrow was never on the table for me because it's too much risk and complication for my preferences even on regular endgame boss fights. With 5+ bosses there's going to be a lot of hit and run, and the arena is big enough that the 'run' part will get the bosses moving around on their own. Even if they do hold still, EQ and sunder both hit pretty solid bleed dps with seismic cry + fist of war lined up. I'm pretty sure I'm still going to end up running lacerate but I'm at least going to level the others.

Traitorous Leopard
Jul 20, 2009

Jinnigan posted:

cobra lash pf: zoomy, great speed, okay single target
creeping frost/vortex occultist (trickster?): not as zoomy, solid clear, solid single target

ugh not sure which build to go here

Covering the ground with cold dot poo poo seems like a decent bet considering the heavy arena-based gameplay we got ahead of us

search engine
Jun 16, 2020

Jinnigan posted:

Clear is not great, not bad once you get everything lined up. I ran some random summit maps a while back to compare sunder, eq, lacerate and while lacerate was third place for clear speed it wasn't by that much. Videos were mainly for my own purposes, ie there's nothing especially interesting about them unless you want to see those skills in use on a bleed gladiator:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zdAbRitzsyM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXZQVP5T95w
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jIMueyh2hdQ

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003

search engine posted:

For elemental hit specifically I think the trinity damage boost would have to be very high to outweigh the mechanical and build disadvantages. Reasonable guess is that trinity caps at 75 or 100. On the far optimistic side, say it's 100 and you don't have that many other sources of ele reduction/penetration such that the 10% penetration is effectively a separate 20% more damage modifier (ie your build sucks and your target effectively had 50% res before this) That's 60% more damage and a separate 20% more for 92% more damage.

That's a huge modifier, but it needs to outweigh a regular ~40% more damage support and all the extra damage you get from focusing just on fire damage. I'm pretty sure once you take into account the extra base damage, better resistance dropping opportunities(combustion + exposure + dual curses), etc from fire-only it's not going to be close. I think trinity is mostly going to see use for builds like voidforge or doomfletch where you're forced to deal with all three elements.

Wild Strike! Currently the only reason to restrict its element is to make it chain every hit, so with trinity you have a good reason to leave it unrestricted or only remove one of the three elements.

Cynic Jester
Apr 11, 2009

Let's put a simile on that face
A dazzling simile
Twinkling like the night sky
I know I'm doing Bow Deadeye because 3 mirage archers, Tailwind Mk2 and +2 projectiles makes me salivate, but I have no idea what skill to use. So many options.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Iverron posted:

Slayer Sweep is my current choice. Bossing league but oops all Kitavas and Ritual makes me kind of unsure in general. Cyclone is always there to slot in if I hit a wall and want to push before rerolling.

I haven't tried it for a couple leagues but Sweep used to have this weird issue where you would inexplicably miss some enemies regardless of your accuracy. Probably worth testing it in standard before the league.

pork never goes bad
May 16, 2008

Cynic Jester posted:

I know I'm doing Bow Deadeye because 3 mirage archers, Tailwind Mk2 and +2 projectiles makes me salivate, but I have no idea what skill to use. So many options.

I was about to offer a "correction" where I told you that Endless Munitions was a 4pt node so you'd have to give up Wind Ward before realizing that Mirage Archers is on the way to Endless Munitions - very cool! I suppose bow deadeye start into wander sometime in maps once piscators and some of the less used 2 socket abyss items are dead cheap is not a bad way to go. I think I will start tornado shot.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Cynic Jester posted:

just make sure you check the distance is for it's definition of "near" means when summoning mirage archers.

worst case: if you see a mirage archer, you can't place one.

trying to build for unknown skills/gems is the reason I never try them as league starters because I am a coward.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.

Traitorous Leopard posted:

Covering the ground with cold dot poo poo seems like a decent bet considering the heavy arena-based gameplay we got ahead of us

Uhh, covering the arena with extra poo poo seems like a bad thing visually. It's gonna be a trainwreck enough as it is.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Zenithe posted:

Uhh, covering the arena with extra poo poo seems like a bad thing visually. It's gonna be a trainwreck enough as it is.

At a certain point, if you can't see, then you can't see.

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
I won't even speculate until I see those sweet sweet patch notes. 40 skills have been overhauled! Who knows what wonders await us. Puncture? Lightning tendrils? Spectral shield throw? Magma Orb? Artic breath?

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

I am intrigued by a buffed lightning strike

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Salt Fish posted:

Spectral shield throw?

Now now, let's not hope for the impossible.

euphronius
Feb 18, 2009

Puncture has been good for ever

If they made cleave good I’d be astonished

von Braun
Oct 30, 2009

Broder Daniel Forever
https://www.reddit.com/r/pathofexile/comments/kte6u6/10542_act_five_kitava/

He said you can get 1h4m with that rng without the mess up in act 1 and 2. god

Kalsco
Jul 26, 2012

I don't want to do cyclone something for the nth league in a row as a starter but damned if it isn't a consistent and fun, albeit incredibly take, performer. This league ain't gonna be an exception.

uhhh unless they nerf it

Maybe I'll do bleedbow again now that harvest crafts are back in a sort tho.

EVIL Gibson
Mar 23, 2001

Internet of Things is just someone else's computer that people can't help attaching cameras and door locks to!
:vapes:
Switchblade Switcharoo

Zenithe posted:

I try not to use ground cover effects because you can't see Sirius' Back-To-Future-esque flame trails when his real body goes to the merry-go-round of 40 of him.

Then again, I can never pick it up 50% of the time and usually eat a death for each bolt.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

von Braun posted:

"1h4m doesn't sound that fast for act 1 and 2" *clicks link* :stare:

No Safe Word
Feb 26, 2005

von Braun posted:

Isn't the world record for A10 Kitava <2 hours?

fake edit: 2:09

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NI88OmWtO80

McFrugal
Oct 11, 2003
The new Mirage Archer deadeye node might be bad for clear unfortunately. Think of it as a range nerf since they're going to be behind you when they start firing. Might be a huge buff for bossing though? Depends on how close you can stack them.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

I've never done more than 6-7 challenges, but I really want that character effect. I know builds are super up in the air right now, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

My biggest problem, by far is that I randomly just pop. Like, I'll be doing fine, taking regular damage, then I just die nearly instantly. And then, since there's no death recap to find out what type of damage killed me, I get frustrated and log off. Generally around 75% into maps I'll have had enough and that's it for the league.

For this league I want to try something that's extremely survivable. If I can stave off the frustration of just randomly dying, I might be able to get those challenges done and get the effect before I burn out. I'm not too particular on what that build is, but if there's any way to do it with a Bane build that'd be cool.

Any ideas?

resting bort face
Jun 2, 2000

by Fluffdaddy

Vincent Valentine posted:

I've never done more than 6-7 challenges, but I really want that character effect. I know builds are super up in the air right now, but I figured I'd ask anyway.

My biggest problem, by far is that I randomly just pop. Like, I'll be doing fine, taking regular damage, then I just die nearly instantly. And then, since there's no death recap to find out what type of damage killed me, I get frustrated and log off. Generally around 75% into maps I'll have had enough and that's it for the league.

For this league I want to try something that's extremely survivable. If I can stave off the frustration of just randomly dying, I might be able to get those challenges done and get the effect before I burn out. I'm not too particular on what that build is, but if there's any way to do it with a Bane build that'd be cool.

Any ideas?

For me, the biggest difference between dying constantly and dying every now and then had nothing to do with the build. It was positioning.

That's a frustrating thing to hear in a game where you can't see poo poo most of the time, so the big piece of advice I have for you is: never stand where you were standing. Think of it as playing Snake. Always keep moving, but never cross your own path because, odds are, there's a load of poo poo there waiting to explode or drain your health or make you immobile.

Ra Ra Rasputin
Apr 2, 2011
It does help having a build with multiple layers of defense though, things that were nearly unavoidable and would leave you running around with 5% health and 0 flask charges left to a pure damage build end up just being a little tickle until your health insta-regens back to 100%.

Immunity to elemental ailments if you can fit it into your build is huge due to shock sneaking up on you and is good qol for all those chills and freezes you can remember dying to, opens up at least one affix on your flasks too for other things like movement or a unique flask.

Any good build is going to focus on how much defense you can stack first and foremost and the fewer points you need to spend on offense while still blowing up bosses and clearing fast the better.

Zenithe
Feb 25, 2013

Ask not to whom the Anidavatar belongs; it belongs to thee.
Path of Circles.

Pretend every boss is Uber Elder (except Sirus, the one exception to this rule)

As for tanky builds:

-the current top meta Carrion Golem necromancer is incredibly tough, but pricey
-any necro actually, as long as you invest in defences. My Physical skeleton build throughout heist had 7k health and lot of defences. Damage not as good as it could be but reliably killed A8 Sirus.
-cyclone gladiator/champion is mobile and tanky
-basically any Jugg build, although clear and damage is usually a sacrifice

e. should probably mention aura stacking, assuming you can afford it and it's not going to be nerfed into oblivion this week.

12 rats tied together
Sep 7, 2006

Without looking for a build guide the most survivable build that I can think of to play would be ancestral warchief champion, assuming the 100% taunt is still inherited by the totems. You get 4, I think, totems? Which gently caress with mob AI constantly, the totems do decent damage and you can run them with cheap unique 2h weapons, and you can pick up a ton of great defensive options from champion like permanent fortify and stun immunity. Duelist start is also really convenient for grabbing call to arms which lets you put enduring cry on left click and benefit from that.

My usual duo partner played this build a while back and I remember it being really safe even in coop because of all the taunts, the damage was decent as well despite double mob hp.

Dance Officer
May 4, 2017

It would be awesome if we could dance!
Does anyone know of a vortex occultist leaguestarting PoB? I grabbed zizaran's but it seems out of date, and I wonder if spellslinger should be used. ziz's doesn't

NitroSpazzz
Dec 9, 2006

You don't need style when you've got strength!

Dance Officer posted:

Does anyone know of a vortex occultist leaguestarting PoB? I grabbed zizaran's but it seems out of date, and I wonder if spellslinger should be used. ziz's doesn't
I've used this one before - https://www.pathofexile.com/forum/view-thread/2661120 Think it's what I ran in Harvest other than some mild tweaks. I wouldn't bother with spellslinger, put vortex on left mouse and run through killing everything.

I was planning on starting TR/CA Pathfinder then transitioning to Cold BV once I farmed currency. How is TR/CA single target, or multiple single target I guess. Otherwise I might just go Cold DoT again.

thehandtruck
Mar 5, 2006

the thing about the jews is,
This league I'm doing a kind of self-imposed hardcore. When I rip I'm going to impose some penalty on my character that's harsh but not as harsh as deleting it. Do you guys have any ideas on this? I was thinking rolling a dice and deleting a piece of gear? Any ideas are welcome on this stupid thing I'm doing.

Arzachel
May 12, 2012

Vincent Valentine posted:

Any ideas?

Bane Occultist can be very tanky thanks to the turbo curse nodes but can't leech and doesn't have the inherent regen that Essence Drain does so it helps to pick up some cluster jewels to compensate. If you're comfortable with league starting a CI build, this is roughly the tree I used last league: https://pastebin.com/TYbGcU4Z Wither totem setup can be swapped to Blight totems or self cast Vaal Blight with one or two Spreading Rot jewels. For extra safety, you can pick up Whispers of Doom and drop Void Manipulation or Swift Affliction for one of Enfeeble or Temp Chains, whichever you don't run with Blasphemy.

Arzachel fucked around with this message at 14:13 on Jan 9, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nothingtoseehere
Nov 11, 2010

thehandtruck posted:

This league I'm doing a kind of self-imposed hardcore. When I rip I'm going to impose some penalty on my character that's harsh but not as harsh as deleting it. Do you guys have any ideas on this? I was thinking rolling a dice and deleting a piece of gear? Any ideas are welcome on this stupid thing I'm doing.

Destroy/give away half of your highest currency/most valuable item in stash? That way deaths don't make your build worse, but they do hamper your progress to better gear in a significant way.