Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

ErrEff
Feb 13, 2012

Dabir posted:

Without a doubt, it's just weird to me that he was one of the people chosen to show it off.

Clearly they're going after big channels that have large reach. It's not about having people play it "right", it's about getting eyeballs onto the game, period.

And it's apparently working.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Zedd
Jul 6, 2009

I mean, who would have noticed another madman around here?

He is a P big channel, he is very obvious about how this is the "right wrong" way to play the game and still have fun. If I where in marketing he seems like a good target tbh, show off the goofy side of our "stealth game" to more casual audiences.

Real HM fans know the series has always had a good sense of humor but you need people like him to show it.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

If you have Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4 and get this on PC do you still get the old levels unlocked or what? I don't want to get the last gen version if it's a downgrade but I don't want to lose stuff from the first two games either.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Have they said what the changes they're making to Elusive Targets is?

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Mantis42 posted:

If you have Hitman 1 and 2 on PS4 and get this on PC do you still get the old levels unlocked or what? I don't want to get the last gen version if it's a downgrade but I don't want to lose stuff from the first two games either.

Unfortunately doubtful. I believe that if you do this with 1 and 2 right now it doesn't work. If you buy H1 on PS4 and buy H2 on PC you don't get the H1 levels on PC.

This could of course change in the future, IOI could improve their account system or enable cross platform checking or something, but I wouldn't hold your breath :smith:

Hitman 1 was free on EGS just awhile ago :(

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Mantis42 posted:

Unfortunately no, they all have to be on the same platform.

If you’re looking to get the old stuff all on PC I’d use isthereanydeal.com if you aren’t already, I was able to gift the first two games and all of their DLC to a friend for Christmas for about $25 because of it. There are no sales going on right now it seems but the games go on sale all the time so you likely won’t have to wait long.

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

I'll just pick up the PS4 version in that case.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
I know everyone loves Sapienza but the virus part kills the main mission hard. Especially in higher difficulties where you need to jiggle around the questionable stealth mechanics.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

If there's anything more important than my ego around, I want it caught and shot now.

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I know everyone loves Sapienza but the virus part kills the main mission hard. Especially in higher difficulties where you need to jiggle around the questionable stealth mechanics.

I do think they went a little overboard with giving you like 3 targets or more in a lot of missions, but then that's what contracts are for :)

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

lol. I haven't had a game with this much technical bullshit in the way in years. Wonder if I can still refund it, it looks fun on streams but I'm tired of fighting with it to let me play. Wouldn't have gotten it if I'd known it was one of these bullshit games that requires you to connect to some janky-rear end constantly disconnecting server to play single player.

Weird, I've never had a problem with the game connecting. Is your firewall blocking it?

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

Is it weird that I’m bummed that there ISNT a season pass?

Like, I get it, the season pass killed Hitman 2’s multiplayer (cost v. time v. who’s going to actually play it) but in the end I was pretty happy with the maps and felt they were totally worth it. I feel like if they just did new maps (no sniper maps), people would have been on board.

Unrelated, you want Hitman Multiplayer? Steal Assassins Creed Brotherhood/Rev/3/4 multiplayer and make it slower. Much better choice.

Zaphod42
Sep 13, 2012

Snuffman posted:

Unrelated, you want Hitman Multiplayer? Steal Assassins Creed Brotherhood/Rev/3/4 multiplayer and make it slower. Much better choice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7WHgrFgJCA

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hedgehog Pie posted:

questionable stealth mechanics.

first the mod who can't handle the IOI account and now this, poo poo's wild

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Snuffman posted:

No, in fact I’m kind of worried that this means this game is going to be a rushed wrap up to the series since IOI has publicly stated they want to move on from Hitman. I was hoping for at least for a couple of maps each year for 3 years.

Turin Turambar
Jun 5, 2011

Nakar posted:

I'm seeing a bunch of lovely preview videos by people I've never heard of who don't seem to have any past Hitman content or any meaningful connection to the Hitman community. Is this Epic sending stuff out as a marketing blitz or something? It's kind of annoying, especially since these people are almost universally terrible at playing the game correctly.

... Why would Epic send any Hitman stuff in the first place?
The game is released on EGS, but that doesn't mean they are publishers, as far as I know. It's like thinking Valve is going to do marketing of any game released on Steam...

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010
I do hope there is some post-launch support, even if it’s not as much as the previous two games, but it’s a bit odd how we’re less than two weeks from release and we haven’t even heard a pip about Elusive Targets yet. They teased some big change to them forever ago and we still haven’t heard what that was.

Danger - Octopus!
Apr 20, 2008

Nap Ghost

Snuffman posted:

Like, I get it, the season pass killed Hitman 2’s multiplayer (cost v. time v. who’s going to actually play it) but in the end I was pretty happy with the maps and felt they were totally worth it. I feel like if they just did new maps (no sniper maps), people would have been on board.

I would kill for a remake of Spy vs Spy, but in the Hitman engine

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.

Goa Tse-tung posted:

first the mod who can't handle the IOI account and now this, poo poo's wild

I was drunk and went overboard with my comments, but my biggest gripe on master difficulty is just how quick the suspicion meter fills. It makes certain areas, like the underground lab in Sapienza, way more annoying than they need to be, imo.

ymgve
Jan 2, 2004

:dukedog:
Offensive Clock
All locations for Hitman 3 have been leaked (Spoilers, obviously)

https://i.imgur.com/5oDhKzb.png

Goa Tse-tung
Feb 11, 2008

;3

Yams Fan

Hedgehog Pie posted:

I was drunk and went overboard with my comments, but my biggest gripe on master difficulty is just how quick the suspicion meter fills. It makes certain areas, like the underground lab in Sapienza, way more annoying than they need to be, imo.

yes that is true

still is the only one I did to level 20 on master because it was fun

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

ymgve posted:

Of course it ends in Romania.

Hedgehog Pie
May 19, 2012

Total fuckin' silence.
THAT is Count Dracula.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

Feels small. Pretty jazzed for Berlin, as I lived there for a year.

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The_Doctor posted:

Feels small. Pretty jazzed for Berlin, as I lived there for a year.

SAME, that's going to be rad and I hope it's got a bunch of cold war east-west stuff thrown in to the levels, or has it linked with the government buildings or something. there's so much good poo poo in Berlin to do a level about.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

"The entire history of this incarnation is one of temporal orbits, retcons, paradoxes, parallel time lines, reiterations, and divergences. How anyone can make head or tail of all this chaos, I don't know."

piratepilates posted:

SAME, that's going to be rad and I hope it's got a bunch of cold war east-west stuff thrown in to the levels, or has it linked with the government buildings or something. there's so much good poo poo in Berlin to do a level about.

OH GOD WHAT IF ITS TEGEL. That’s a small enough airport to do a level in.

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

The_Doctor posted:

That particular level was already confirmed by Game Informer.

It's a decommissioned nuclear power plant turned nightclub. There are screenshots if you look for them.

AceOfFlames fucked around with this message at 18:32 on Jan 9, 2021

piratepilates
Mar 28, 2004

So I will learn to live with it. Because I can live with it. I can live with it.

The_Doctor posted:

maybe if the game is set far enough in the future they can use Brandenburg and you can disguise your kills as being accidents from shoddy construction.

The_Doctor
Mar 29, 2007

AceOfFlames posted:

That particular level was already confirmed by Game Informer.

It's a decommissioned nuclear power plant turned nightclub. There are screenshots if you look for them.

Oh god it's Berghain. Gay sex club next door still?

DalaranJ
Apr 15, 2008

Yosuke will now die for you.

ymgve posted:

"47, I'm not going to make it. Just do one thing for me. Get Mendoza." "Mendoza!!!"

Wolfsheim
Dec 23, 2003

"Ah," Ratz had said, at last, "the artiste."
I literally forgot this comes out in less than two weeks. I did a big show of playing through all of H1 and actually paying attention to the plot (it's not bad!) and was gonna do the same with H2 before 3 came out but now it's almost too late!

Well, maybe I'll just buy it and play all the H2 missions from inside 3...

Grand Fromage
Jan 30, 2006

L-l-look at you bar-bartender, a-a pa-pathetic creature of meat and bone, un-underestimating my l-l-liver's ability to metab-meTABolize t-toxins. How can you p-poison a perfect, immortal alcohOLIC?

KillHour posted:

Weird, I've never had a problem with the game connecting. Is your firewall blocking it?

I have no idea what's going on. It connects sometimes then disconnects mid mission. My internet connection is fine as far as I know, but I don't play multiplayer games so maybe it hiccups more than I'm aware of.

Snuffman
May 21, 2004

gently caress it, they should could rip this off in its entirety and it would fit perfectly. This looks awesome.

AceOfFlames posted:

No, in fact I’m kind of worried that this means this game is going to be a rushed wrap up to the series since IOI has publicly stated they want to move on from Hitman. I was hoping for at least for a couple of maps each year for 3 years.

I'm honestly surprised they haven't announced any post-launch stuff, but maybe they're holding off until this week?

We still don't know what the "Deluxe Escalation" contracts are or what's happening with elusive targets.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Grand Fromage posted:

I have no idea what's going on. It connects sometimes then disconnects mid mission. My internet connection is fine as far as I know, but I don't play multiplayer games so maybe it hiccups more than I'm aware of.

The always on thing was a mistake but I honestly think it's still worth it. Sorry it's being a PITA for you :(

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib
Don't know if I want to look at the image, but honestly I would probably spoil the locations myself once I open up the game and scroll through the location list. If I may ask though, can someone put the number of locations behind tags?

...Is it weird that I kind of want to hold off playing the DLC maps for Hitman 2 and play them on Hitman 3 once it comes out? :v:

Unlucky7 fucked around with this message at 22:33 on Jan 9, 2021

Mierenneuker
Apr 28, 2010

We're all going to experience changes in our life but only the best of us will qualify for front row seats.

The locations as shown in that image are: (again, obvious SPOILERS)
Dartmoor, England - Berlin, Germany - Chongqing, China - Mendoza, Argentina - Carpathian Mountains, Romania. And not pictured but obviously in the game is Dubai, United Arab Emirates

Pirate Jet
May 2, 2010

Unlucky7 posted:

Don't know if I want to look at the image, but honestly I would probably spoil the locations myself once I open up the game and scroll through the location list. If I may ask though, can someone put the number of locations behind tags?

Six. No word on if they’re all full sized or if we’re gonna have another Hawke’s Bay on our hands.

Unlucky7 posted:

...Is it weird that I kind of want to hold off playing the DLC maps for Hitman 2 and play them on Hitman 3 once it comes out? :v:

Nah! Haven Island is great and is on par with the usual big level, New York is less so - both smaller and way less creative and fun - but they apparently only had a month to make it or something.

KillHour
Oct 28, 2007

Man, I'm so excited for H3 that I'm not even looking at these spoilers, which I never have the self-restraint to do for other games. I appreciate everyone being so careful about it.

quote:

Nah! Haven Island is great and is on par with the usual big level, New York is less so - both smaller and way less creative and fun - but they apparently only had a month to make it or something.

New York is one of my less favorite maps to gently caress around in sandbox-wise, but it is one of the best for roleplaying various movies, so it gets a pass.

Unlucky7
Jul 11, 2006

Fallen Rib

Pirate Jet posted:

Six. No word on if they’re all full sized or if we’re gonna have another Hawke’s Bay on our hands.

Assuming we have a Hawke's Bay and a Whittleton Creek (Tutorial and a smaller level, respectively), that sounds like more or less like Hitman 2 in terms of bigness. And honestly even the tutorial levels usually have quite a bit to do. I spent several hours in Hawke's bay alone. Really, if they manage to match the Hitman 1/2 levels in terms of size and stuff to do I would be happy. Which is why chatter about IO self publishing and not having as much money is making me nervous (Unless they got some of that Epic Store Exclusive cash for it)

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
New York is a surprisingly good contract map, honestly. I prefer it to Haven for that.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Profanity
Aug 26, 2005
Grimey Drawer

Pirate Jet posted:

All six have a mastery level of 20, so they should all be substantial.