Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Best Friends
Nov 4, 2011

I saw the eBay thing and figured it had to be a joke by some idiots who didn't realize their joke was going to get them a chat with the FBI. So it was even dumber than that, and actually real?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

tacopie
Apr 29, 2009
What's the title of the infosec thread?

shame on an IGA
Apr 8, 2005

SecFuck 4.20 or something like that, you can click the quote I posted above to go straight there

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

I just checked out her twitter account and, uh, :stare:
Not sure how her account is still active and Trump's is shut down.

https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1347936989044215809
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1347740459930673152
https://twitter.com/mtgreenee/status/1347709735882153986
https://twitter.com/RepMTG/status/1347663897088696321

Naramyth
Jan 22, 2009

Australia cares about cunts. Including this one.
Podium guy rules because he’s the only one who embraced be gay do crimes

Like if you going to take the capitol you should do some crime instead of milling around like an idiot

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Podium guy is the only one who is somehow generating any empathy and I cannot figure out why. He's like the insurrectionist version of a quarterback "just having fun out there".

Everyone hates Congress and the picture alone is comical, like you could see him yelling PEOPLE'S PODIUM, BITCH like the equivalent of leaving a stink bomb in the halls.

A lot of people haven't seen the overall context - all we got were the Capitol cameras that showed randos strolling in past apathetic guards and assuming he was one of those. They haven't seen videos of cops getting crushed and mobs banging on doors because the videos took a little longer to process from phones. By that time, IT WAS ANTIFA got time to trigger the cognitive dissonance.

As Nero Danced
Sep 3, 2009

Alright, let's do this
We need to get DC and Puerto Rico statehood asap, the more we can do to prevent McConnell from ever getting his claws on the steering wheel the better.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Naramyth posted:

Podium guy rules because he’s the only one who embraced be gay do crimes

Like if you going to take the capitol you should do some crime instead of milling around like an idiot

Pretty much. Based on evidence, he got there and went "well, poo poo, I'm here, now what?" and did something.

Everyone else who got swept along to accidentally treason got the to the treasonous part then got confused and just acted like tourists

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

I’m said it before, I’ll say it again. People like her are why I own guns.

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

Latest take from my family is that blm was in the capitol and antifa was trying to storm the white house

That Works
Jul 22, 2006

Every revolution evaporates and leaves behind only the slime of a new bureaucracy

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Latest take from my family is that blm was in the capitol and antifa was trying to storm the white house

Send them a carbon monoxide detector

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

That Works posted:

Also lead tests for the water.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

MazelTovCocktail posted:

I’m said it before, I’ll say it again. People like her are why I own guns.

People like her are why i went from "yeah i only need target shooter rifles why would i ever need a pistol?" To owning several cc pistols to fit how baggy my clothing is that day

sharknado slashfic
Jun 24, 2011

That Works posted:

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Also lead tests for the water.

I'd have to cut the cable. gently caress fios for carrying oan.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

"Oops, I don't know how thise channels get hard blocked every time I come over!"

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Two more weeks at most...

https://twitter.com/navybook/status/1347908922292768771

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

That's no-contact territory.

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Podium guy is the only one who is somehow generating any empathy and I cannot figure out why. He's like the insurrectionist version of a quarterback "just having fun out there".

Eh, gently caress him. He tried to sell the podium on ebay, he's a loving moron and he's getting what he deserves.

However one of the dudes who was photographed was from MD, ended up losing his job because he wore his work badge. Though apparently he's developmentally challenged :smith:

Which, yeah I'm still firmly in the "actions have consequences" camp but also very :smith: at the idea of someone with a disability like that being strung along by lovely people. Not saying I think he shouldn't have to face any consequences or anything, just that it's sad in it's own weird way.

Flying_Crab
Apr 12, 2002

Our trash white supremacist country, everyone.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Stravag posted:

People like her are why i went from "yeah i only need target shooter rifles why would i ever need a pistol?" To owning several cc pistols to fit how baggy my clothing is that day

Yep, I’m not into carry admittedly, but I like having the option and tools around if needed. These people are a cancerous tumor spreading throughout the country.

Anarcho-Bidenism posted:

Tell them it was also giving them MSNBC.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

MazelTovCocktail posted:

These people are a cancerous tumor spreading throughout the country.

And the reason things aren't going to get better is they seemingly think the same or worse about anyone who isn't in lockstep with them.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

BIG HEADLINE posted:

And the reason things aren't going to get better is they seemingly think the same or worse about anyone who isn't in lockstep with them.

I like to think of this the same way that I do about the KKK and other white supremacy groups in the 1920's and 30's in the US. It's something we can smash out of the light of day, but it requires work and I honestly think we can do it. I'm hoping that this is the height of these groups for now and they'll ebb into the background where they can be dismantled and the people involved either reformed or unpersoned.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"
WW2 and the post-war desegregation of the armed forces had a not-insignificant role in taking the piss out of the KKK and American Nazi-Lovers that we don't/won't have this time. 40% of the US has little to no problem with Donald Trump's leadership, and most of them like him BECAUSE of how he is/leads.

Someone more adept at whipping up the masses into a fervor will come along eventually/soon, and he or she will make Trump look tame by comparison once they've conned their way into power.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

I feel for the minimum wage making Capitol janitorial staff that has to clean up after these idiots.

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

CBJSprague24 posted:

I feel for the minimum wage making Capitol janitorial staff that has to clean up after these idiots.

Many of whom are POC. Don't think that the grim irony of black and brown folks having to clean up the messes of white people is lost on anyone here.

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I like to think of this the same way that I do about the KKK and other white supremacy groups in the 1920's and 30's in the US. It's something we can smash out of the light of day, but it requires work and I honestly think we can do it. I'm hoping that this is the height of these groups for now and they'll ebb into the background where they can be dismantled and the people involved either reformed or unpersoned.

So much white nationalist rhetoric has been mainstreamed over the past few decades, with Donald loving Trump himself acting as a wonderful megaphone for a lot of that sentiment. Rooting this out is going to be a societal project that I don't think the US has the energy or wherewithal to accomplish.

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

pantslesswithwolves posted:

Many of whom are POC. Don't think that the grim irony of black and brown folks having to clean up the messes of white people is lost on anyone here.

So much white nationalist rhetoric has been mainstreamed over the past few decades, with Donald loving Trump himself acting as a wonderful megaphone for a lot of that sentiment. Rooting this out is going to be a societal project that I don't think the US has the energy or wherewithal to accomplish.

I try to be optimistic and believe that this is a problem that can be solved. I like to hope that after trump leaves office and loses the spotlight, that the people who follow him will splinter and become more easily tracked and managed, especially under an administration that would hopefully be more willing to prosecute white supremacy. Who knows though, nothing is forever, especially the thoughts in the brains of a mealy mouthed shitbird like the q folks.

Diarrhea Elemental
Apr 2, 2012

Am I correct in my assumption, you fish-faced enemy of the people?

CBJSprague24 posted:

A Venn diagram of the kind of people that treat waitstaff like rear end, severely under-tipping commensurate to their level of shittiness and the kind of people that throw seditious temper tantrums probably looks like a single circle.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

CNN ran a story specifically on this. https://www.cnn.com/2021/01/08/opinions/jarring-video-of-black-men-cleaning-up-the-capitol-bailey/index.html

The Eyes Have It
Feb 10, 2008

Third Eye Sees All
...snookums

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

You don't need to go down a rabbit hole to see what's coming. You just need to look at the field and see it riddled with rabbit holes to know there's a problem.

Making predictions is what turns people into Grover.

It's been said: only analyze, never predict. If you predict, you might be wrong, and if you're wrong that's what we'll define you from that moment on.

Counterpoint: the soon to be former president and all other vicious, greedy dingbats we for some reason insist on crowning as kings.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

It really ought to be the Parler Putsch

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

https://twitter.com/navybook/status/1347924048957874178

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Pine Cone Jones posted:

I try to be optimistic and believe that this is a problem that can be solved. I like to hope that after trump leaves office and loses the spotlight, that the people who follow him will splinter and become more easily tracked and managed, especially under an administration that would hopefully be more willing to prosecute white supremacy. Who knows though, nothing is forever, especially the thoughts in the brains of a mealy mouthed shitbird like the q folks.

There was a necessary, but not sufficient event for us to really have a chance:

https://twitter.com/KarateSkool/status/1347951629878915072?s=19

The group of 100,000 might split into 100 groups of 1,000 without a shot caller like Donnie with a bigfuck megaphone, so not all hope is lost. Add a federal government that will actually be looking to do something about this poo poo, versus outright ignore it, and there's still a positive chance left.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

He's been banned from Shopify, he's been banned from Shopify! :pwn:

C.M. Kruger
Oct 28, 2013
Trump banned from Etsy after resorting to burning tweets onto blocks of wood with a soldering iron.

Thwomp
Apr 10, 2003

BA-DUHHH

Grimey Drawer
I’m more tickled by Pinterest. Is that still a thing? Was Trump really on it?

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

https://twitter.com/iamanastasiabc1/status/1347970101870534658?s=20

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh my god this is the best because you know he sitting on his bed going "why can't I tweet?!?!"

PookBear
Nov 1, 2008

The most that might happen is these people quiet down, but the threat isn't going away and will be sitting around for the rest of my life waiting for a more competent trump to tap into.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

Oh absolutely, and the FBI is terrified of causing another waco or ruby ridge so they will kid glove them forever

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://mobile.twitter.com/parlertakes/status/1347989753623310336

so is that an FBI account or