Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

A Shameful Display!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

im thinkin bout thos sex arses

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
https://twitter.com/DrTomFrieden/status/1347632923944611843?s=20

this seems real bad

Antonymous
Apr 4, 2009

death to america is back on the meny, baby, awooooo [wolf howl]

Shear Modulus
Jun 9, 2010

Jazerus posted:

im thinkin bout thos sex arses

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters

Antonymous posted:

it has never been off the menu

redleader
Aug 18, 2005

Engage according to operational parameters
IN MINECRAFT

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

Not sure what the rules Were in the UK but that's propably Christmas aftermath, no? Still, gently caress.

Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

Antonymous posted:

OhFunny
Jun 26, 2013

EXTREMELY PISSED AT THE DNC

They did flatten the curve though.

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Our war against free speech cannot end until we silence this bronze beast!

It is funny the tone of the coverage since we had a full year of playing this as bad as we possibly could and intentionally spreading the virus multiple times.

"if reality continues to exist, the UK may be in for a rocky year"

Chris James 2
Aug 9, 2012

https://twitter.com/_aw67/status/1345028086409146373?s=21

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

jesus loving christ
is that curve with the super harsh lockdown that they just instated as well? or is the lockdown not being adhered to or some other?

crepeface
Nov 5, 2004

r*p*f*c*
not sure, but here's what denmark thinks about it:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1346899021621813249?s=20

Lobster God
Nov 5, 2008

mortons stork posted:

jesus loving christ
is that curve with the super harsh lockdown that they just instated as well? or is the lockdown not being adhered to or some other?

What super harsh lockdown?

gonadic io
Feb 16, 2011

>>=

Lobster God posted:

Brb legally ordering pizza to the office lunch then taking the packed tube home in my super harsh lockdown.

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Delicious and Informative!
:3:

crepeface posted:

not sure, but here's what denmark thinks about it:

https://twitter.com/DrEricDing/status/1346899021621813249?s=20
Just more Project Fear.

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Lobster God posted:

i read that the government was instating 6 weeks of full lockdown, a tier beyond what they had previously. did that plan get scrapped?

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

mortons stork posted:

i read that the government was instating 6 weeks of full lockdown, a tier beyond what they had previously. did that plan get scrapped?

Nah its just what we had previously was the government paying you to eat out at resteraunts owned by their donors so a tier beyond that is still not exactly harsh

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

Yeah, the "tiers" various governments are working with are definitely graded on a curve. In some places, extreme lockdown measures are like "No movement beyond x distance from your home, only allowed to leave your residence to go shop/work at actual essential businesses", in others it's "We strongly encourage you to use masks".

PawParole
Nov 16, 2019

Antonymous posted:

please save your marg bars for the Traump or middle east thread.

Thank You!

oliwan
Jul 20, 2005

by Nyc_Tattoo
germany has almost all stores closed except supermarkets and food, plus a ban on selling alcohol after 11 pm. you're also not allowed to travel more than 15km outside your place of residence.

besides that, you're only allowed to invite one person over to your house. no bigger groups allowed. if you regularly had a couple over, now is the time to choose.

school openings are up to the individual states, but its basically all closed for the next 4 weeks.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
in the US we haven’t even talked about the Corona virus for like 3-4 days lol

i say swears online
Mar 4, 2005

Bust Rodd posted:

please don't hang onto the past, that attitude will hamper biden's first 100 days

mortons stork
Oct 13, 2012

Communist Thoughts posted:

Nah its just what we had previously was the government paying you to eat out at resteraunts owned by their donors so a tier beyond that is still not exactly harsh

basically, a harm maximization policy in these circumstances. cool, cool

Communist Thoughts
Jan 7, 2008

Herd immunity will ultimately save us so our main concern is the economy

Do I know what strains are? Buddy I don't even know what immunity is

kecske
Feb 28, 2011

it's round, like always

every susceptible person is dead =/= herd immunity. bing bong so simple, lordships for everyone

blunt
Jul 7, 2005

multijoe posted:

South African Covid might be vaccine proof and doesn't currently have a foothold in the country so that isn't complete nonsense. The application of it does just seem spiteful stupidity though

Nope, looks like it's fine.

https://www.livescience.com/pfizer-vaccine-effective-new-mutation-coronavirus.html

Clyde Radcliffe
Oct 19, 2014

Bust Rodd posted:

well having the sitting predisent of the US trying to overthrow democracy via armed insurrection might put the chynaflu on the back burner.

Jel Shaker
Apr 19, 2003

i imagine the herd immunity crowd would be perfectly happy with everyone having syphilis 24/7

bird.
Jun 20, 2010

Hows it going over there in the politically independent UK these days? Scotland leave you yet for the union they told you not to worry about?

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

https://twitter.com/PoliticsForAlI/status/1348021430089347073?s=20

hell yea

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

I see he's got the flag sorted already as well. Just due a religious conversion now?

Blackhawk
Nov 15, 2004

oliwan posted:

germany has almost all stores closed except supermarkets and food, plus a ban on selling alcohol after 11 pm. you're also not allowed to travel more than 15km outside your place of residence.

besides that, you're only allowed to invite one person over to your house. no bigger groups allowed. if you regularly had a couple over, now is the time to choose.

school openings are up to the individual states, but its basically all closed for the next 4 weeks.

I still lol at all of these bullshit half-lockdowns other countries try to pass off as extreme. Compared to NZ where our full lockdown was literally no leaving your house except to buy essential goods (groceries, medicine and even then only one person from each household was allowed to shop at a time) and exercise within a few km radius of your house. You were even banned from driving for any reason other than buying essential goods. You weren't allowed to meet anybody you didn't live with, obviously no schools open, no shops other than the big supermarket chains open, no delivery of non-essential goods.

It was seriously eerie, like living in an apocalypse movie. You could walk right down the middle of major roads and never see a car, it was a great time to go cycling (although only within 5km and the police would pull you over to see if you were violating that). It was so quiet too, you don't realise the level of nearly sub-sonic noise from cars you're constantly exposed to until it's gone.

Any lockdown that involves shops being open beyond what is required to survive, people leaving their house to go to work or drive around or schools being open is doomed to fail. Just like anywhere that allows quarantine-free travel or doesn't test the people in quarantine multiple times before releasing them is inevitably getting re-infected.

Edit: I can't wait until the European and US petri-dishes cook up enough strains of the virus which are vaccine-resistant that we can literally never go back to normal, all for want of sane political and social systems.

Blackhawk has issued a correction as of 23:48 on Jan 9, 2021

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

lemme guess, this is some new terf dogwhistle

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

burger king announces it will become "the restaurant of porridge"

Spangly A
May 14, 2009

God help you if ever you're caught on these shores

A man's ambition must indeed be small
To write his name upon a shithouse wall

mortons stork posted:

the new strain fucks up u30s and the schools are at half normal capacity, higher than during any other restricted time. Since the new tiers arrived, public transport use is still up vs dec. Anyone saying the UK is in a harsh lockdown can be ignored.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

Breakfast All Day posted:

lemme guess, this is some new terf dogwhistle

good guess, i immediately thought of flat out volkish poo poo

Private Speech
Mar 30, 2011

I HAVE EVEN MORE WORTHLESS BEANIE BABIES IN MY COLLECTION THAN I HAVE WORTHLESS POSTS IN THE BEANIE BABY THREAD YET I STILL HAVE THE TEMERITY TO CRITICIZE OTHERS' COLLECTIONS

IF YOU SEE ME TALKING ABOUT BEANIE BABIES, PLEASE TELL ME TO

EAT. SHIT.

oliwan posted:

The current lockdown in the UK is actually more strict than that, no visits at all, schools closed, no travel to exercise.

There is either a lag from christmas or the it's the new strain and there's no stopping it outside of banning all but essential work (right now it's just that non-essential work is encouraged to be from home).

Private Speech has issued a correction as of 04:03 on Jan 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

A Buttery Pastry
Sep 4, 2011

"Work, Family, Homeland"