Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

seiferguy posted:

I've maintained for awhile that GWB was a worse president than Trump because of his body count, but given Trump's inaction to COVID, his body count might be higher. And to say nothing of him basically allowing an insurrection...

Body count from COVID is still lower than Iraqis, but it probably won't be by the time most people have been vaccinated.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Timby posted:

All I know about the iPhone 12 is that I cannot, for the life of me, imagine dropping nearly a thousand bucks on a cell phone.

I get that but my rationalization is this: what computing device do I own that I use the most? For me, by far it's my phone. So why not spend a little more to get one that you like and will last.

That's how I talked myself into the Note 20 Ultra.

Same consideration with your bed: you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, might as well spend money on a good mattress.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Silly Burrito posted:

I get that but my rationalization is this: what computing device do I own that I use the most? For me, by far it's my phone. So why not spend a little more to get one that you like and will last.

That's fair. I guess I really only use my phone for email, web browsing and occasional--often disastrous--forays into online dating, so I don't need it to do that much, which is why I just ride with relatively cheap Motorola phones, since they run pretty close to stock Android and the hardware's durable (I've never broken a phone, whereas my ex-wife would break her phone case about twice a year and she'd shatter the screen on an annual basis).

Shame about Lenovo's update frequency, though, that poo poo's inexcusable.

Silly Burrito posted:

Same consideration with your bed: you spend 1/3 of your life in bed, might as well spend money on a good mattress.

This I can agree with. Until last month, I had been sleeping on a twin-size bed that I bought in 2004 for my first apartment, during my senior year in college. (I got laid off in late March when the plague hit, and I'm broke as a joke with $27 in my checking account at the moment, so buying a new bed hadn't been high on my spending priorities.)

Anyway, in December, I had a video call with a friend of mine in Ohio, and she noticed that I was squirming around quite a bit and wincing and she says to me, "Tim, are you still sleeping on that piece of poo poo mattress from college?" I responded in the affirmative, so she reached out to my best friend in the world, who lives in Iowa, and the two of them reached out to a bunch of my old friends from Chicago and Iowa and they all put some money in the kitty, and they bought a heavy-duty memory foam mattress with an electric frame (can adjust both the upper and lower halves) and a zillion pillows. My best friend and his brother came up last month to haul the thing into my apartment and install it, and haul the old piece of poo poo out to the dumpster. I've been sleeping better than I have in years. Even though I have a compression fracture in my spine at T12, I wake up without back pain in the morning nowadays, which is nothing short of a revelation. :unsmith:

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Yeah.

What features are you goons using that warrant the newest and greatest cell technology?

I feel like 99%+ of what people use is internet, email, texts, apps, and calls...

...Which can be done on basically any smart phone.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

Silly Burrito posted:

Yes, good point

*falls asleep on couch watching tv*

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

The feds are not keen on Buffalo making a deep run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

TITTIEKISSER69 fucked around with this message at 20:53 on Jan 9, 2021

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

TITTIEKISSER69 posted:

The feds are not keen on Buffalo making a deep run:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NyhAJEPEHk4

that was such a great episode

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
https://twitter.com/Reformed_Laur/status/1347994378799865856

on the lookout for a new poster complaining about tech censorship in qcs

Pops Mgee
Aug 20, 2009

People all over the world,
Join Hands,
Start the Love Train!
Send him to Something Sensitive

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Spoeank posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=1&threadid=3946225&pagenumber=6926&perpage=40#post511458188

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Spoeank posted:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?noseen=0&threadid=3954886&perpage=40&pagenumber=1#pti5

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah.

What features are you goons using that warrant the newest and greatest cell technology?

Do you want pictures of Addie or not?!

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
She is clearly not well.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

FizFashizzle posted:

Do you want pictures of Addie or not?!

https://twitter.com/ZiziFothSi/status/1347997519029145601?s=19

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

https://twitter.com/tburages/status/1347754892048392193?s=19

But they won't, because they're cowards.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Nick Jr. Face posted:

She is clearly not well.

I think I got halfway through her first answer last night before I closed the video. There was nothing she could say to justify her behavior and that just confirmed it - no point in giving her more attention than necessary.

E:

Is she saying that they have said this or just that they could do it in theory? Because if it’s the latter, I can think of a lot things they could do that they won’t.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

I mean this is fantasy but murkowski actually might.

Sweeper
Nov 29, 2007
The Joe Buck of Posting
Dinosaur Gum

FizFashizzle posted:

Nah all talk

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

All 3 would have to do it right now for anything at all to happen. Based on what Murkowski said earlier I wouldn’t be surprised if she ultimately does become and independent and caucus with the Dems, but it’s not happening this week IMO

Also the person who tweeted that RTed a bunch of tweets from a *200* tweet thread someone made. At that point just take it to Medium, jfc

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

This is some actual good news.

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1347922394497884167?s=19

It would be loving hilarious if every press announcement from a company was reported as "according to a serial liar, the new phone will be available next spring."

Silly Burrito
Nov 27, 2007

SET A COURSE FOR
THE FLAVOR QUADRANT

Ornery and Hornery posted:

Yeah.

I feel like 99%+ of what people use is internet, email, texts, apps, and calls...

...Which can be done on basically any smart phone.

In my case, the Note stylus. It might seem absurd, but I had the original Galaxy Note almost 10 years ago. 3 different phones later, I missed using it so much (all the other stylus replacements suck so so badly) I was determined to get it again. I realize that's not the usual case, but it's mine.

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

perfecto

Skwirl posted:

This is some actual good news.

https://twitter.com/AndrewFeinberg/status/1347922394497884167?s=19

It would be loving hilarious if every press announcement from a company was reported as "according to a serial liar, the new phone will be available next spring."

consequences for my actions?! cancel culture

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

FizFashizzle posted:

Have you learned nothing from years of Murkowski and Collins doing their performative bullshit? They're the same as McCain was. It's the political version of Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football. Murkowski will hem and haw, talk about how she's bothered, maybe even deeply disturbed, by the latest events, but when the rubber meets the road she'll vote party-line.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo

Freaquency posted:

I think I got halfway through her first answer last night before I closed the video. There was nothing she could say to justify her behavior and that just confirmed it - no point in giving her more attention than necessary.
I watched the whole thing. It was entirely worth it to see her show her true colors at the end.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

Skwirl posted:

https://twitter.com/tburages/status/1347754892048392193?s=19

But they won't, because they're cowards Republicans.

They're bad people who are happy with bad things that personally enrich them. Only reason they're even making noise is the fascist violence landed on their doorstep this time.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

The Puppy Bowl posted:

They're bad people who are happy with bad things that personally enrich them. Only reason they're even making noise is the fascist violence landed on their doorstep this time.

Yeah, I honestly don't get why they aren't doing more. I know they're terrible self-interested people, but the President tried to kill them, and will probably try again. Doing something about it is the definition of self-interest.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Ahahahaha.

https://twitter.com/PeterCorless/status/1347965109075730434?s=20

I'm not gonna install Parler to find out if people are actually responding though.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/WakeUp2Politics/status/1348018349075267591

Leperflesh
May 17, 2007

I like my pixel 3 a lot. good camera, good screen, good processor, always the latest android os, works perfectly with google fi, zero bundle-ware bullshit, standard usb for cheap charging accessories, not a fragile razor thin easily broken apple phone, and we go ours for half price during their anniversary sale 1.5 years ago so $350ish.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Leperflesh posted:

works perfectly with google fi

This is something that I honestly am curious about; Google Fi seems oddly expensive for the price proposition. I bailed on Verizon last year once my divorce was finalized and I wound up going with Republic Wireless, which uses the same T-Mobile back-end that Google Fi does, but I only pay like $21 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of 4G data, whereas my monthly floor with Google Fi would be at least $30 / month. Is there a quality of life thing with Google Fi that I don't see?

saintonan
Dec 7, 2009

Fields of glory shine eternal

Skwirl posted:

Ahahahaha.

https://twitter.com/PeterCorless/status/1347965109075730434?s=20

I'm not gonna install Parler to find out if people are actually responding though.

That's an amazing honeypot.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Timby posted:

Have you learned nothing from years of Murkowski and Collins doing their performative bullshit? They're the same as McCain was. It's the political version of Lucy and Charlie Brown with the football. Murkowski will hem and haw, talk about how she's bothered, maybe even deeply disturbed, by the latest events, but when the rubber meets the road she'll vote party-line.

Yeah but Murkowski is kind of unique in who she caucuses with.

Alaska just went to ranked choice voting. She's already lost a primary and won as an independent.

She could have done it already and gained a lot, and she didn't. The fact she's saying it now is more credible to me.

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Timby posted:

This is something that I honestly am curious about; Google Fi seems oddly expensive for the price proposition. I bailed on Verizon last year once my divorce was finalized and I wound up going with Republic Wireless, which uses the same T-Mobile back-end that Google Fi does, but I only pay like $21 a month for unlimited talk and text and 2GB of 4G data, whereas my monthly floor with Google Fi would be at least $30 / month. Is there a quality of life thing with Google Fi that I don't see?

There's a thread for Fi, but basically it's a good deal if you use very little data or a lot of data, since it's free after using 6GB

Edit: I almost bailed on Fi since I was in between, but the pandemic came along and I'm mostly at home so now the bill has mostly stayed under $45/month which I'm fine with.

Mr. Nice!
Oct 13, 2005

c-spam cannot afford

FizFashizzle posted:

Yeah but Murkowski is kind of unique in who she caucuses with.

Alaska just went to ranked choice voting. She's already lost a primary and won as an independent.

She could have done it already and gained a lot, and she didn't. The fact she's saying it now is more credible to me.

She's already made a public statement that if the republicans do not disavow trump she's done with being a republican.

When do Ossoff and Warnock get seated? Murkowski plus those two makes 51.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

Mr. Nice! posted:

She's already made a public statement that if the republicans do not disavow trump she's done with being a republican.

When do Ossoff and Warnock get seated? Murkowski plus those two makes 51.

They’re sworn in as soon as Georgia certifies the results. Fortunately Ossoff made it past the the .5% recount threshold, so we don’t have to deal with that dragging on for who knows how long.

Intruder
Mar 5, 2003

I got a taste for blown saves

My favorite part is when she apologizes if she made the son feel like she assaulted him

Beautiful

It's the logical conclusion to the I'm sorry if you were offended line of thought

Intruder fucked around with this message at 23:17 on Jan 9, 2021

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

My wife and I were both was usually <1 gig a month each pre-pandemic, so Google Fi has been good for us. It is cheap to add lines (we're planning to add her mom soon, too) as long as the person you add won't use a ton of data.

Google also semi-regularly has Pixel phones on discount and you can amortize it interest-free for two years. They are decent about the refund they give you when you send your old phone in, too. I think the 3a XL I have now was $350 spread over two years, and I expect to get $100 back at the end of that when I get a 5a or whatever is on sale in November/December this year. I don't think I could go back to a phone that's drowning in bloatware after having two pixels.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Jesus Christ.

https://twitter.com/attackerman/status/1348028003931062272?s=20

TITTIEKISSER69
Mar 19, 2005

SAVE THE BEES
PLANT MORE TREES
CLEAN THE SEAS
KISS TITTIESS

Please disperse the crows, they're the cause of corvid-19

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I just went from a Pixel 1 to a Pixel 5, pretty nice phones I like them. Hadn't really considered switching carriers but since I don't really use my phone much maybe Fi would be worth it for me.