Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which lifepath will you take?
NOMAD (I like freedom)
STREET KID (I like the city)
CORPO (I like money)
I don't like labels
View Results

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

Holy poo poo. I just got hit by a car so hard it shoved me through the street into the ground, and now I'm stuck in a loop because it's not respawning me on the street, but under it again. Over and over.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

itry
Aug 23, 2019

RatHat posted:

So I still have the invincible mech(because it's friendly) that's preventing me from finishing a crime activity. Going there without a Cyberdeck didn't work, grenades didn't work, and I can't get police to go in there(and when I enter it all my stars disappear). My last hope is ricochets might be able to damage it, otherwise I'll just have to wait for a patch.

EDIT: Hmm actually is there a range limit on how far enemies will chase you? Cops won't work but maybe I can get some other enemies to follow me there and fight it. I'd need a lot of enemies to take down a mech though...

Are you on PC? You could try this mod/script: https://www.nexusmods.com/cyberpunk2077/mods/740. You need the Cyber Engine Tweaks mod to use it.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

marshmallow creep posted:

Holy poo poo. I just got hit by a car so hard it shoved me through the street into the ground, and now I'm stuck in a loop because it's not respawning me on the street, but under it again. Over and over.

I want to say “jump” just to be funny but hey, it might actually work

itry
Aug 23, 2019

It should kill you after a few tries. I think. That's what it did when something similar happened to me. If you're on PC there are ways to bypass the situation by teleporting (if it's really important).

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

I've been sitting here for 5 mins trying to think of a joke to make but I just realised the animators of Mass Effect already did it for me

I just reloaded--it had autosaved a moment recently.

I keep finding weird poo poo that makes me wish I was recording.

marshmallow creep fucked around with this message at 20:27 on Jan 9, 2021

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Farm Frenzy posted:

mods please change the thread tag to

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Jeza posted:

Internet says there isn't but there is a followup via text that is highly implicit (depending on what you chose at the end?), and there is an in-game news report you can see in lifts that goes some way towards explaining it.

Above doesn't give anything away, below actual spoiler:

If you choose to reveal to Jefferson that he's being controlled, his wife texts you and is mad. He texts you several times about how he is gonna get back at these peeps, then his mobile details are deleted and it implies that he got busted. The overall implication is that forces (with all the weird visual artifacting and other things pointing towards meddling AI) were behind controlling Peralez and that despite his efforts they rein him in fully under their control regardless of what you choose. News reports show that he wins the election in a landslide, as was planned.

I think if you tell him to bide his tells he doesn't get busted. In the ending he sent me a call that his wife was in on it and she is feeding him those pills he checked them in a lab and it's vitamins but HOW COULD YOU KNOW????

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

genericnick posted:

I think if you tell him to bide his tells he doesn't get busted. In the ending he sent me a call that his wife was in on it and she is feeding him those pills he checked them in a lab and it's vitamins but HOW COULD YOU KNOW????

Well I told him to bide his time AND I explained how his wife knew but was trying to protect him, so we’ll see if he has anything to say about that later.

Woo get to join the spoiler crew, haven’t finished the game yet so the last page or so has just been unreadable 😆

genericnick
Dec 26, 2012

Also since I'm here: It's a tragedy that they didn't go the Dark Souls route that finishing an NPC's quest chain would let you find their outfit.

Bad Munki
Nov 4, 2008

We're all mad here.

Dog Kisser posted:

Looking for my ~endgame fashion~ before I pull the trigger.

Finish it the way we all apparently started it: in the buff

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I hosed myself over for the secret ending being a habitual quick saver rather than doing manual saves and am going to have to backtrack over 60 hours of play through which is closer to starting over completely for me. Save regularly and manually, folks.

At this rate I’m going to finish the game when I get a 3080 Ti and 5900X late this year

Bedurndurn
Dec 4, 2008
Is there a way to add crafting recipes via the console? I found an item list with what I thought were recipes, but they didn't work. Maybe those are the items shops sell you to get a recipe, but either way, didn't work.

Funky See Funky Do
Aug 20, 2013
STILL TRYING HARD

Bedurndurn posted:

Is there a way to add crafting recipes via the console? I found an item list with what I thought were recipes, but they didn't work. Maybe those are the items shops sell you to get a recipe, but either way, didn't work.

Game.AddToInventory("Items.CommonAchillesRecipe", 1)

etc

Ainsley McTree
Feb 19, 2004

necrobobsledder posted:

I hosed myself over for the secret ending being a habitual quick saver rather than doing manual saves and am going to have to backtrack over 60 hours of play through which is closer to starting over completely for me. Save regularly and manually, folks.

At this rate I’m going to finish the game when I get a 3080 Ti and 5900X late this year

I think there's a console command which flips the flag that determines whether you're eligible for the secret ending or not. Assuming that's true, I'd recommend just looking into that instead of replaying half the game if you'd prefer not to.

jisforjosh
Jun 6, 2006

"It's J is for...you know what? Fuck it, jizz it is"

Ainsley McTree posted:

I think there's a console command which flips the flag that determines whether you're eligible for the secret ending or not. Assuming that's true, I'd recommend just looking into that instead of replaying half the game if you'd prefer not to.

Yep, that's what I did when I thought I had clinched the requirement but apparently messed up somewhere. Did laugh at the flag being something like "IsJohnnyFriend" set to 1 or 0

marshmallow creep
Dec 10, 2008

Finally made it to the choice. I'm at 60% with Johnny. Thought I'd picked the choices for 70%, but I suppose not. Do you really need to wait 5 real life minutes for him to offer Don't Fear the Reaper?

dyzzy
Dec 22, 2009

argh

marshmallow creep posted:

Finally made it to the choice. I'm at 60% with Johnny. Thought I'd picked the choices for 70%, but I suppose not. Do you really need to wait 5 real life minutes for him to offer Don't Fear the Reaper?

Yes

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
Hey I don't know if anyone posted these yet but i'm just doing some :catdrugs: and saw these videos and they are perfectly suited to this game and thread's aesthetics (the first video feels just like playing the game, IMO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qX02AW48bM

VoLaTiLe
Oct 21, 2010

He's Behind you

RatHat posted:

What happens if you get Takamura's 4 knock password wrong?

EDIT: Nevermind, found it on Youtube. He just shoots you through the door.

I was tired and tipsy when I did that bit and totally forgot

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Bust Rodd posted:

Hey I don't know if anyone posted these yet but i'm just doing some :catdrugs: and saw these videos and they are perfectly suited to this game and thread's aesthetics (the first video feels just like playing the game, IMO)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SpSMoBp8awM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qX02AW48bM

The whole album is in music video form on Netlix. Definitely recommend it if you liked these two.

Pattonesque
Jul 15, 2004
johnny jesus and the infield fly rule
here's every single datashard you find on a corpse on those random NCPD missions:

A: choom, we got the stuff from Militech.
B: preem, choomba. you got a buyer?
A: Fuckhead, from Maelstrom
B: be careful, that guy's bad news
A: I'll be fine
B: choom? you there?
B: Choom?

Sphyre
Jun 14, 2001

Farm Frenzy posted:

mods please change the thread tag to

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
mmm sorry claire but you hired me for racing not for killing the dude. my merc feed are different to my racing feed, dumbass

necrobobsledder
Mar 21, 2005
Lay down your soul to the gods rock 'n roll
Nap Ghost
I’d be dying laughing if someone died and left a brain dance of what happened to some horrible monster and we find out the guy just died on the toilet - nothing malicious, nothing insidious. The subject matter is quite serious but besides Skippy, Ozob, and the whole ordeal with the cyberdick dude there’s just not a lot of humor.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames
I think V cracks a lot of jokes if you RP them to.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

exquisite tea posted:

It would take a DLC-level effort to overhaul the open world systems into being a non-broken, hollowed-out mess, but I think that's rather unlikely to happen as opposed to new content on a different map.

Can you go into more detail on this? because to me this seems like a massive overstatement.

exquisite tea
Apr 21, 2007

Carly shook her glass, willing the ice to melt. "You still haven't told me what the mission is."

She leaned forward. "We are going to assassinate the bad men of Hollywood."

No!

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

lol

Orange Crush Rush
May 7, 2009

You don't need thumbs for revenge

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

Pattonesque posted:

here's every single datashard you find on a corpse on those random NCPD missions:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the writers that had to write 100 permutations of that in the name of having all those random missions 'custom-made', it's never worth reading.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

Pattonesque posted:

You forgot, Target acquired. Moving in.

SniperWoreConverse
Mar 20, 2010

Gun Saliva

Pattonesque posted:

If you keep looking you'll find

C: choombatta, your seller is starting to flake out
D: nah he's fine
C: might not go through with the drop, isn't showing
D: what? Didn't think he'd be such a pussy, it's only militech
D: Second thoughts aren't good for business, maybe we both go have a chat

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

Palpek posted:

Yeah, I feel sorry for the writers that had to write 100 permutations of that in the name of having all those random missions 'custom-made', it's never worth reading.

This was probably one of Comte’s jobs too :(

I think the assassinate gang boss ones should’ve been the only blue marker quests. They actually have some interesting set pieces. Maybe leave some of the scavenger hunts but do more with them and have something worth it at the end? (Blue prints would be logical) idk. The “assaults” just seem tedious and there’s already random encounters that pop up to generate infinite content.

Zeta Acosta
Dec 16, 2019

#essereFerrari
the cops and assault missions are totally worthless imo

Kraftwerk
Aug 13, 2011
i do not have 10,000 bircoins, please stop asking

hobbesmaster posted:

This was probably one of Comte’s jobs too :(

I think the assassinate gang boss ones should’ve been the only blue marker quests. They actually have some interesting set pieces. Maybe leave some of the scavenger hunts but do more with them and have something worth it at the end? (Blue prints would be logical) idk. The “assaults” just seem tedious and there’s already random encounters that pop up to generate infinite content.

Some of those missions have you finding dead assault victims who were named as the ones who hired you to kill someone in a gig mission.

whowhatwhere
Mar 15, 2010

SHINee's back

Palpek posted:

Not quite true. The Japantown ones sketch out an entire Glitter manufacturing/distribution ring, the Valentinos ones give backstory to how their (minor spoilers) arasaka-planned false flag assault to start a war with militech that you bust up fails because one of them got told by the head of the strip club to kill a cop. There's the aftermath of hit a mother calls on that one Animal running the fight club where she gets attacked by the animals in retribution, etc. Lots and lots of connections to other quests.

Proteus Jones
Feb 28, 2013

The human trafficking "organized crime" one was kind of sad.

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

Zeta Acosta posted:

the cops and assault missions are totally worthless imo

Agreed. Suggested this yesterday, but they aren't worth marking on the map. Just let people stumble on them to get a bit of XP, cash and a shard if they care about them. Or just get rid of them for all I care. All they do is make the city comically full of shootouts. I get that it's a crime ridden hellhole but there doesn't need to be a static gang war going on every 100 feet.

Also they are just badly done. The shootouts between gangs I can't even tell if I am supposed to kill all of them or take a side. They just ignore you until you start shooting lol. I've just walked around in the middle of their melees until they kill each other before. In the police shootouts the cops will randomly aggro on you, in the assaults in progress the victim often just dies immediately with no consequence.

You could strip them out and the game would still have hundreds of hours of better content. they are just straight bloat.

lemonadesweetheart
May 27, 2010

I think one of the problems with the game is that there is a lot of depth being missed due to the fact it's so easy to wipe out entire areas without hearing any of the stuff being said by the goons that builds on the stories. That combined with the fact that there are so many shards people just switch off when reading them. If you take your time with it and listen, read there is a surprising amount of depth even to the blue marker stuff going on and it's just being missed and called busy work.

I just finished going through all of the endings and 100% the achievements and I am really happy with the game. I ran this on a low enough spec (RX 570) but still thought it looked great at 1080p on medium settings. Ran into a few bugs along the way but I found the stories compelling. I know there is a lot of rightfully negative stuff being said about it but overall I think it's good. The voice acting is amazing and I think people are being unfair to the male V. I've played both now and I think they both have strengths and are worth trying out if you're not totally turned off by the game.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

veni veni veni
Jun 5, 2005

I feel sorry for the lore/shard writers in general for this game. Even of there is good stuff on some of them, they are presented in such an overwhelming and sloppy way that I almost never read them, unless I know they pertain to the quest in some way I am curious about. There's too many of them, they repeat too much, they are often placed irrelevantly and distract from the task at hand.

If you want to make me read text logs in a game dole them out at a reasonable place and have them add context to what I'm doing. I'm not going to remember to read 500 words on the history of wheat farming in Night City in the middle of a shootout.

veni veni veni fucked around with this message at 01:45 on Jan 10, 2021