Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

It's 2006. I am taking 276 yeti furs from the goodies hoard.

Evil Eagle posted:

You can import owning hitman 2 and 1 from steam to epic?

Yeah they confirmed it when they announced the epic exclusivity

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

I never got around to playing the two DLC missions from 2... not sure whether to play them now to get hype or play them on the new improved game as a warmup

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

I never got around to playing the two DLC missions from 2... not sure whether to play them now to get hype or play them on the new improved game as a warmup

Yeah thats the great debate right now

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

they're rly good, especially the bank. pretty tiny compared to some other great maps but there's details crammed into every corner

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up
i love the bank

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

the bank is great. the resort is full of surprises, and the change in weather there is really cool

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Im goimg to play this game before 3, but i dont want to burn out

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020
Excited to reach the conclusion of Agent 47’s adventures in a few days

MeatwadIsGod
Sep 30, 2004

Foretold by Gyromancy
This is the one game I want to splurge and buy a PS5 for so I don't miss the elusive targets but I wonder if playing it on PS4 would be too significant of a downgrade

Brass Hand
Feb 27, 2020

MeatwadIsGod posted:

This is the one game I want to splurge and buy a PS5 for so I don't miss the elusive targets but I wonder if playing it on PS4 would be too significant of a downgrade

I think it is a previous gen game that will be upgraded for PS5 rather than a ground up next gen game. Neither 1 or 2 looked particularly shabby on PS4

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Yeah I'd imagine the only real advancements with 3 on next gen will be tons of RTX and maybe crowd size / ai. If you're fine with 30fps then it should be ok on PS4.

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

:pwn:

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

I bet this is because he has more in depth facial animations now but lol

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

HORMELCHILI posted:

I bet this is because he has more in depth facial animations now but lol

drat are we gonna see hitman cry

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Real hitmen do cry lebowski

Jenny Agutter
Mar 18, 2009

Played through some Miami today because of this thread, what a good drat video game level

Michael Transactions
Nov 11, 2013

Fungah!
Apr 30, 2011

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

drat are we gonna see hitman cry
After the incredible Sgail intro cutscene where he says "we all have barcodes on the backs of our heads... some people just never find out" all bets are off and I have absolutely no idea what irony level IOI operates on

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!
I've tried to figure out what the "deluxe edition" has that the normal doesn't an I'm not still sure. It makes it seem like elusive targets will be deluxe only but I'm pretty sure that wasn't the case before. Does anyone know?

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
Deluxe is just costumes and some exclusive "escalations" which are just like challenge modes of the missions with added side objectives or differing scenarios.

Seltzer
Oct 11, 2012

Ask me about Game Pass: the Best Deal in Gaming!

American McGay posted:

Deluxe is just costumes and some exclusive "escalations" which are just like challenge modes of the missions with added side objectives or differing scenarios.

Thanks. I'll just get the base game.

HORMELCHILI
Jan 13, 2010

Pathetic.

fadam
Apr 23, 2008

Just found out your ownership of the Steam version of Hitman 2 doesn't carry over to the Epic store, you gotta buy it again.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

fadam posted:

Just found out your ownership of the Steam version of Hitman 2 doesn't carry over to the Epic store, you gotta buy it again.
Epic..... FTL

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

quote:

HITMAN 2 Standard Access Pass
How to get it

– PC (Epic): As HITMAN 2 is not available on EGS, we have set up an 80% discount for this Access Pass for the first 14 days after HITMAN 3’s launch.

wow thanks

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Seems like a particularly retarded way to release a game but, thats none of my business.

mysterious loyall X
Jul 8, 2003
i'm praising xi jiping and tencent personally

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

goferchan posted:

Yeah they confirmed it when they announced the epic exclusivity

Did they now

Ruffini
Oct 2, 2018

Evil Eagle posted:

Did they now

Oh yeah... THAT happened.

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo
That doesn't say anything about Steam, although to be fair when it was written Hitman 1 and 2 didn't exist on any other platform on PC.

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

I think it's about time the Epic Games Store got some of my cash. I'm personally even more excited by this development

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

This isn't Epic, it's IOI and uh I feel a bit weird about it. I can pay the dlc price or whatever but it's shiddy of them

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Lunchmeat Larry posted:

This isn't Epic, it's IOI and uh I feel a bit weird about it. I can pay the dlc price or whatever but it's shiddy of them

the whole "its 80% off the first two weeks and will be on sale often" reads to me like "we are stuck in this situation and trying our best please understand" (i will not understand gently caress you)

Evil Eagle
Nov 5, 2009

elf help book posted:

(i will not understand gently caress you)

This.

Lunchmeat Larry
Nov 3, 2012

elf help book posted:

the whole "its 80% off the first two weeks and will be on sale often" reads to me like "we are stuck in this situation and trying our best please understand" (i will not understand gently caress you)
Like they literally have their weird IOI login thing and the 1/2 assets are always downloaded and there, I really don't see what's going on here but it's definitely not Epics fault

I guess when it comes down to it I love these games and the devs seem openly frustrated with whatevers happened so it's just some publisher fuckery. Just disappointing

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i cancelled my pc preorder and asked my playstation gameshare friend if he wanted to get it on there so theyre still getting some of my money im just not touching any of that nonsense

goferchan
Feb 8, 2004

https://twitter.com/TimSweeneyEpic/status/1350558472987955201?s=20

Thank you based Tim "ZZT" Sweeney

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

I think the most likely culprit is valve legal thing. Don't think there's any cases out there where you can buy something on steam and access it elsewhere.