Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.

kirbysuperstar posted:

You are more weird than anything in either game. Enjoying something with an anime aesthetic doesn't put you on a FBI watch list you internet riddled idiot.

are you saying that "naked schoolchildren" is "anime aesthetic"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

yeah

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

if you dont want to post about horny anime games you should simply leave the thread for the horny anime console imo. like imagine going into vita thread and melting down in this manner

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

No matter how one loves, there are always different aims. Love can take a great many forms, whatever the era.
"it's weird to want to gently caress anime kids"

"you know what YOU'RE weird. I bet you're mad. so mad, dude. why are you so mad? imagine getting so mad in a thread, anyways it's actually just that you're racist"

American McGay
Feb 28, 2010

by sebmojo

Super No Vacancy posted:

if you dont want to post about horny anime games you should simply leave the thread for the horny anime console imo. like imagine going into vita thread and melting down in this manner

"melting down" lol

Quantum of Phallus
Dec 27, 2010

:gas:

The Bloop
Jul 5, 2004

by Fluffdaddy
If seeing implied nudity immediately puts you into gently caress Mode regardless of context that seems like the bigger problem imo

homeless snail
Mar 14, 2007

Bleck posted:

"it's weird to want to gently caress anime kids"

"you know what YOU'RE weird. I bet you're mad. so mad, dude. why are you so mad? imagine getting so mad in a thread, anyways it's actually just that you're racist"
Just for the record, who is it that you're explicitly accusing of being pedophiles here

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

anime

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler
More anime titties please. Hell yes I voted for bowsette

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

whoa, whoa, whoa!!!

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

you can't even vote for bowsette in this thread!

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
heavy metal was always unashamedly hornt so flimsy justifications ring hollow

ONE YEAR LATER
Apr 13, 2004

Fry old buddy, it's me, Bender!
Oven Wrangler

Andrast posted:

I vote for bowsette in every thread!

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

ONE YEAR LATER posted:

You might love God eater. Its like monster hunter but faster and bigger titles. Much faster and much bigger.

Bleck
Jan 7, 2014

How can a booby be faster,

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

:ninja:
Gift for the grind, criminal mind shifty

Swift with the 9 through a 59FIFTY

Oscar Wild posted:

You might love God eater. Its like monster hunter but faster and bigger titles. Much faster and much bigger.

the game or the titties

Martman
Nov 20, 2006

I love huge anime titles

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Bleck posted:

How can a booby be faster,

ill tell you when you're older

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

i prefer slower tits

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

I keep my breasts at moderate speed so I'm not careless and get a speeding titcket

Oscar Wild
Apr 11, 2006

It's good to be a G

Morter posted:

the game or the titties

Yes

Jezza of OZPOS
Mar 21, 2018

GET LOSE❌🗺️, YOUS CAN'T COMPARE😤 WITH ME 💪POWERS🇦🇺

Andrast posted:

i prefer slower tits

Morter posted:

I keep my breasts at moderate speed so I'm not careless and get a speeding titcket

coward. I rescind our posting rivalry.

Bust Rodd
Oct 21, 2008

by VideoGames

Morter posted:

incredible

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.
So I played the demo for Pixel Puzzle Makeout League and kinda fell in love with it, so I bought the full game. I'd never played a picross game before and I guess now I'm with all of you picross loving people. The puzzles were fun, the plot was funny and cheery and then definitely went places. I had to see the full ending to see where the hell we were going. Also the music was great, I definitely him a few tracks every now and then.

Definitely recommended.

man nurse
Feb 18, 2014

Pretend I posted that picture of the dude looking at a book called “big fucken anime titties” and smiling, only it’s a Nintendo Switch instead

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

man nurse posted:

Pretend I posted that picture of the dude looking at a book called “big fucken anime titties” and smiling, only it’s a Nintendo Switch instead

Doxxing is not allowed on these forums and what I do on my own time is not your business.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

Endymion FRS MK1 posted:

Pixel Puzzle Makeout League

I love picross and I keep seeing that game but I haven't tried it yet. I dunno, something about the "date SUPERHEROES!" pitch that the eShop has makes me kind of shrug at it I guess? I guess I'm just not sold on that part of it even if it is a picross game.

Speaking of which if you're getting into picross I highly recommend Pixel Cross Adventure. It's the Picross game I had the most fun playing.

Morter
Jul 1, 2006

man nurse posted:

Me pulling up to the SomethingAwful Games Nintendo Switch thread like

Bad Video Games
Sep 17, 2017

Since someone brought it up earlier in the thread, is Monster Hunter Stories worth playing if you're not a fan of MonHun? I love RPGs though and if it's fun I may grab it.

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

Walla posted:

Since someone brought it up earlier in the thread, is Monster Hunter Stories worth playing if you're not a fan of MonHun? I love RPGs though and if it's fun I may grab it.

It’s fine. Go for it if it looks interesting to you.

japtor
Oct 28, 2005

Andrast posted:

I figure posting in this thread at all is implied voting for Bowsette

Twelve by Pies posted:

I love picross and I keep seeing that game but I haven't tried it yet. I dunno, something about the "date SUPERHEROES!" pitch that the eShop has makes me kind of shrug at it I guess? I guess I'm just not sold on that part of it even if it is a picross game.

Speaking of which if you're getting into picross I highly recommend Pixel Cross Adventure. It's the Picross game I had the most fun playing.
How many Picross story games are there? I'm interested in Murder by Numbers, I think someone else posted about it after one of the recent Picross puzzle help posts.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

If we're talking horny I was amused by the care taken in animating the breasts in the female characters in Children of Morta. Like wholly unnecessary.

I'm getting the impression that similar care was taken with the female characters in Iconoclasts.

I'm not far in, just at that underwater pirate hideout.

And yeah, the writing is heavy handed as all get out from the beginning. I didn't realize it'd be that bad.

It plays like an old indie action-platformer, which makes sense with the 8 year development time. I get things like Steamworld, HK, or Shovel Knight, are rather different but somehow all of those feel smoother and less barebones.

Again, this is my first impressions, and it can always improve. I like the gameplay for the most part, though it's a bit simple at the moment. My biggest complaint is the level design. I feel like there are a lot of empty/pointless rooms on the way to a puzzle/challenge. The music while good, loops too quickly for the long maps.

I haven't played Owlboy and I don't really intend to, but I get the impression that this is what it would be like? Am I wrong in getting that impression? I guess it's because the graphics are similar.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

japtor posted:

How many Picross story games are there? I'm interested in Murder by Numbers, I think someone else posted about it after one of the recent Picross puzzle help posts.

I only really know about Pixel Cross Adventure as far as integrating puzzles with gameplay. Others like PictoQuest and Pixel Colors have a story as a backdrop but it's still just "choose puzzles from a menu" as far as the actual game goes.

I really can't say enough good things about Pixel Cross Adventure.

I've tried a bit of the demo for Monster Hunter Rise, it's the first Monster Hunter game I've played since 3 Ultimate on the Wii U. I'm kind of not enjoying it. I loved 3U but it just feels like this has too much poo poo going on. I really really hate the monster riding stuff, it just feels awful to me.

To be far I only have done the two "tutorial" quests so far, so maybe I'll be sold when I do one of the actual quests, but the wirebug stuff seems so unnecessary and complicated and fucks up the simplicity I enjoyed from 3U. It's causing too many buttons to have to remember and I hate that. I also can't find out how to do the charge up move for the hammer since the R button is used for dashing.

But yeah, I dunno. I'll share my thoughts more after I do the other quests. Maybe if I'd kept up with the series it wouldn't seem so overwhelming, since I don't know how much of this stuff is actually new for Rise, but it doesn't feel great to me.

big deal
Sep 10, 2017

Twelve by Pies posted:

I only really know about Pixel Cross Adventure as far as integrating puzzles with gameplay. Others like PictoQuest and Pixel Colors have a story as a backdrop but it's still just "choose puzzles from a menu" as far as the actual game goes.

I really can't say enough good things about Pixel Cross Adventure.

Pixel Cross Adventures isn't on Switch :(

edit: because it's spelled Piczle

big deal fucked around with this message at 01:23 on Jan 10, 2021

Yak Shaves Dot Com
Jan 5, 2009

100YrsofAttitude posted:

If we're talking horny I was amused by the care taken in animating the breasts in the female characters in Children of Morta. Like wholly unnecessary.

I'm getting the impression that similar care was taken with the female characters in Iconoclasts.

I'm not far in, just at that underwater pirate hideout.

And yeah, the writing is heavy handed as all get out from the beginning. I didn't realize it'd be that bad.

It plays like an old indie action-platformer, which makes sense with the 8 year development time. I get things like Steamworld, HK, or Shovel Knight, are rather different but somehow all of those feel smoother and less barebones.

Again, this is my first impressions, and it can always improve. I like the gameplay for the most part, though it's a bit simple at the moment. My biggest complaint is the level design. I feel like there are a lot of empty/pointless rooms on the way to a puzzle/challenge. The music while good, loops too quickly for the long maps.

I haven't played Owlboy and I don't really intend to, but I get the impression that this is what it would be like? Am I wrong in getting that impression? I guess it's because the graphics are similar.

Yeah, iconoclasts is an 8-year single person project, so there's a lot of parts that seem like they got finished and then couldn't be tweaked once more of the game came together. The writing could have used an editor, sure, but the developer has put a lot of thought into what they want to say with the characters and the world. I hope you manage to at least finish the story, 100-percenting the game isn't quite worth it if you're not sold on it otherwise.

Owlboy is by the same guy, I think, but struck people as kind of mean? I never got around to playing it myself.

Endymion FRS MK1
Oct 29, 2011

I don't know what this thing is, and I don't care. I'm just tired of seeing your stupid newbie av from 2011.

Twelve by Pies posted:

I might try that one. Honestly the dating part isn't really... idk how to put it because it's amusingly plot relevant but its not like stupid. There's nothing more than an almost kiss with one hero and I think holding hands with another or two? Really it's just a fun dumb plot that I think tries too hard to hook people with "picross but with dating!" When really it should be "picross with a goofy rear end plot that turns into existential horror in the final ending"

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

b_d posted:

Pixel Cross Adventures isn't on Switch :(

edit: because it's spelled Piczle

I'm really bad at spelling Switch game names recently. :negative:

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Morter posted:

Moderate speed or medium pace?

:nws:audio but the visual is fine:https://youtu.be/TFvx8pHHTBc

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Huxley
Oct 10, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Is the Hori splitpad pro the best version of that type of thing?