Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

yea ok
Jul 27, 2006

well done. i always spammed the thigns that refilled your devil trigger and went dragon mode on his rear end. im not above cheapness

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

I'm gonna miss him :\

Also to yea ok, I hosed up and had no healing items or power ups it took me like 35 attempts.

On to DMC2

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
Do you really want to play DMC2

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Also to yea ok, I hosed up and had no healing items or power ups it took me like 35 attempts.

On to DMC2

ohhhh nononono

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

Eat My Fuc posted:

On to DMC2

I can't tell if the top of this post is more horrifying than the bottom

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

I've never played DMC are they fun?

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

NienNunb posted:

I've never played DMC are they fun?

3 out of the 6 games named DMC are good. There's a fourth that you could be charitable and also call good.

but the 3 good DMC games are really good

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

3 out of the 6 games named DMC are good. There's a fourth that you could be charitable and also call good.

but the 3 good DMC games are really good

Which three do you like? I like them all really

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Which three do you like? I like them all really

3-4-5

i'm genuinely curious what you liked about DMC2 because that game is universally reviled, including by the people who made it

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

Alaois posted:

3-4-5

i'm genuinely curious what you liked about DMC2 because that game is universally reviled, including by the people who made it

It’s not as hard as 1, I like the atmosphere of the levels and the bosses are cool my only complaint is enemies have too much health.

I like the big barren worlds it’s got a cool vibe to me. Enemy design aesthetically is cool too. It’s my least favorite DMC but it’s a chill game to get stoned and play.

Artelier
Jan 23, 2015

I have finished Hades on Heat 32 so that means today there is Accomplishment. It was a run of pure skill, only skill, definitely wasn't lucky with Boons and rooms nope!

a cyborg mug
Mar 8, 2010

It’s very weird that someone decided to start cutting onions just as I was finishing Yakuza 5. Very odd. Anyway, it’s on to Yakuza 6

ChrisBTY
Mar 29, 2012

this glorious monument

I only ever played one. My lingering memory of it was.
1st encounter: This poo poo Spider is bullshit!
later encounter: Ha, this Spider sucks.

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

I switched to The Ironclad in slay the spire. Barricade + Impervious + that card that lets you get exhausted cards back. What a combo.

Bluedeanie
Jul 20, 2008

It's no longer a blue world, Max. Where could we go?

If you like the DMC series but wish it was waaaaaay easier then you might actually like 2. It's just the core gameplay but mindless and not challenging. The story and voice acting are less absurd by comparison to the rest of the series too, which may be more or less of what you're looking for.

Like to put in perspective how much easier it is from the rest of the series, I played it blind on Normal a few years ago and died exactly once.

e: it is also canonically the final game in the timeline (unless the most recent ones change that) but the point being is if that doesnt sound fun to you then you can literally skip the game and not be at a loss in any way in terms of the story

Bluedeanie fucked around with this message at 15:21 on Jan 9, 2021

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Would you be my new best friends?

ChrisBTY posted:

I only ever played one. My lingering memory of it was.
1st encounter: This poo poo Spider is bullshit!
later encounter: Ha, this Spider sucks.

Thought you were talking about Yakuza at first, I didn't even blink at the thought that Kiryu might fight a giant spider at some point. Though there's just as good a chance the "spider" would be some pretty lady in a bikini.

Germansimp
May 28, 2013

Jerusalem posted:

Thought you were talking about Yakuza at first, I didn't even blink at the thought that Kiryu might fight a giant spider at some point. Though there's just as good a chance the "spider" would be some pretty lady in a bikini.

I mean, Yakuza often have nicknames based on their back tattoos, so having someone called "Spider of Akihabara" or something would fit into the series.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

when you are doing an ironclad run and have an impervious barricade deck + that relic where you start with 10 block and gain 4+4 block every turn because of those other cards. mwah

Karma Tornado
Dec 21, 2007

The worst kind of tornado.

Cavauro posted:

when you are doing an ironclad run and have an impervious barricade deck + that relic where you start with 10 block and gain 4+4 block every turn because of those other cards. mwah

juggernaut with those is also very fun

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Sea Shanties

https://youtu.be/49FWp7WLYKw

https://youtu.be/uS5xR7jBxDw

https://youtu.be/ZIwzRkjn86w

https://youtu.be/TVY8LoM47xI

https://youtu.be/-KO7cofMJH0

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

cease shanties. j/k

Bard Maddox
Feb 15, 2012

I'm just a sick guy, I'm really just a dirty guy.

I enjoyed this

https://twitter.com/Peter_Fries/status/1347402323950145537

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

It's been a great day for us Shanty Enjoyers

MotU
Mar 6, 2007

It was like she was evicting walking garbage.
Pillbug

Jerusalem posted:

kiryu would never hit a woman

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

MotU posted:

True, but he would be championed by another pretty woman in a bikini! Then he would lecture them both afterwards about the power of friendship. It would rule.

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

i miss johnny silverhand talkin to me. he's my friend

Beef Jerky Robot
Sep 20, 2009

"And the DICK?"

I like the robot in StS. Gimme all them orbs.

Seams
Feb 3, 2005

ROCK HARD
is Johnny silverhand Johnny fiveaces

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

yeah

Jerusalem
May 20, 2004

Cavauro posted:

i miss johnny silverhand talkin to me. he's my friend

I didn't realize he sometimes talks in the opening loading screens too, usually because I B-button out of those as soon as they're done loading.

Shard
Jul 30, 2005

MotU posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyBJ1MvkPkI&t=8s

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Kiryu is a thot

[USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST]

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I wish Zero wasn't the first Yakuza I ever played because it's so loving good and i can't get into the others after it. I'm not a story person with games so the narrative isn't something i care about at all, but if i was I imagine i'd be really into the other games. Zero had so much side content and being able to use two characters kept it from getting boring.

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

I wish Zero wasn't the first Yakuza I ever played because it's so loving good and i can't get into the others after it. I'm not a story person with games so the narrative isn't something i care about at all, but if i was I imagine i'd be really into the other games. Zero had so much side content and being able to use two characters kept it from getting boring.

I think you'd really enjoy 5 if variety is something you value, it's got 5 separate areas and 5 main characters. It is older than Yakuza 0 but it's at the late end of the ps3 cycle so it shouldn't be insurmountably different from 0.

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

I think you'd really enjoy 5 if variety is something you value, it's got 5 separate areas and 5 main characters. It is older than Yakuza 0 but it's at the late end of the ps3 cycle so it shouldn't be insurmountably different from 0.

Word if it goes on sale i'll check it out. I loved the hostesses mini game in 0 and the real estate one too, they were almost full games themselves. 6 had Virtua Fighter five in it which justifies it still being on my ps4.

NienNunb
Feb 15, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

There's a wonderful game also by Sega that I think you'd be into. It's an older game and shows its age but it's literally filled to the brim with side content and interesting characters to interact with. It takes place in 1980's Japan and you play as a teenager named Ryo Hazuki who is attempting to avenge his father's dea

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

NienNunb posted:

There's a wonderful game also by Sega that I think you'd be into. It's an older game and shows its age but it's literally filled to the brim with side content and interesting characters to interact with. It takes place in 1980's Japan and you play as a teenager named Ryo Hazuki who is attempting to avenge his father's dea

"I see..."

Cavauro
Jan 9, 2008

autoplay imbed please

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSOkM4e85SA

I Before E
Jul 2, 2012

Eat My Fuc posted:

Word if it goes on sale i'll check it out. I loved the hostesses mini game in 0 and the real estate one too, they were almost full games themselves. 6 had Virtua Fighter five in it which justifies it still being on my ps4.

Well you're in luck, it's on sale right now

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Eat My Fuc
May 29, 2007

I Before E posted:

Well you're in luck, it's on sale right now

Bless you my friend