Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

A Bad Poster
Sep 25, 2006
Seriously, shut the fuck up.

:dukedog:

Arven posted:

I know everyone is worried about more violence on the on the 17th or 20th, but I can't help but feel that the vanguard of people willing to take direct action were all involved on the 6th and are getting scooped up?

No, there are others that saw what happened and aren't as inept.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

Arven posted:

I know everyone is worried about more violence on the on the 17th or 20th, but I can't help but feel that the vanguard of people willing to take direct action were all involved on the 6th and are getting scooped up?

Nowhere near all of them are getting got and it demonstrated how low risk it is for the dumber and more timid who sat the first one out. The three things that will help are continuing arrests and advertising it, actually planning for a incident at inauguration, and inauguration will have a bunch of spectators who are inclined to oppose the rioters.

Milo and POTUS
Sep 3, 2017

I will not shut up about the Mighty Morphin Power Rangers. I talk about them all the time and work them into every conversation I have. I built a shrine in my room for the yellow one who died because sadly no one noticed because she died around 9/11. Wanna see it?

Arven posted:

The rot runs deep

hobbesmaster
Jan 28, 2008

A lot of those people will make bail and some of them will drive to DC anyway, this time playing for keeps.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Icon Of Sin posted:

Holy gently caress :laffo:

Jan 2020 Current Events: My Spy Name Is: DoubleODipshit

These guys are so so hosed.

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Wait what the gently caress? A vial of testosterone?

Holy poo poo. I honestly missed that when I saw Tavor.

Steezo
Jun 16, 2003
Now go away, or I shall taunt you a second time!

Arven posted:

Let me ask you this, did we ever run out of insurgents or weddings to drone strike?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
https://twitter.com/jacknicas/status/1348067354773749760

warsow
Jun 28, 2009

Arven posted:

I know you are getting dog piled right now. But in the Chud Extended Universe, the 6th of January was a smashing success that showed to they could do even more.

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

Arven posted:

This seems hopelessly optimistic given the number of similar.eventd that have unfolded at different state capitol buildings.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

There was a phrase we used back in 03/04 that applies here- "The dumb ones die early."

If it happens again, there is a greater chance of an organized response. This was a largely a spontaneous act, but it showed the weakness in defense.

PAVN commanders often had local PLF forces commit to ad hoc attacks or ambushes, because it sacrificed that unit, but acted as recce and gave away defensive elements. Not saying that is what this was, but if you don't think some people are viewing it that way.

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May
Solution: exclusively use the DC and Puerto Rico national guards for security

Basticle
Sep 12, 2011

https://twitter.com/MacFarlaneNews/status/1347950816150351873

incredible

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
https://twitter.com/cyberevitas/status/1348054269216387080?s=21

:lol:

Arven
Sep 23, 2007
I don't mind being dogpiled- I've been a doomer for the last year and believed this would happen on the 6th, I just thought it would be a lot more violent, so when it wasn't I thought maybe I was being dramatic. I guess time will tell.

CBJSprague24
Dec 5, 2010

another game at nationwide arena. everybody keeps asking me if they can fuck the cannon. buddy, they don't even let me fuck it

Is that the guy who was captured at his grandma's house?

Grip it and rip it
Apr 28, 2020

CBJSprague24 posted:

REBEL, I believe

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CBJSprague24 posted:

Yes.

https://twitter.com/jaketapper/status/1348071711980326912?s=21

Many many people will be going to jail for this. I refuse to believe there isn’t footage of this the FBI/DOJ is sorting through.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

lmao I agree with Alex for once

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Midjack posted:

lmao I agree with Alex for once

It’s really goddamn weird, but same.

orange juche
Mar 14, 2012

MazelTovCocktail posted:

It’s really goddamn weird, but same.

Enemy of my enemy... is still my loving enemy but he made a good point.

Laughing Zealot
Oct 10, 2012

So was Alex never on the Q poo poo to begin with or what? That's somewhat bizarre/amusing.

Terrifying Effigies
Oct 22, 2008

Problems look mighty small from 150 miles up.

https://twitter.com/jdawsey1/status/1348052177101725699

I'm reminded of the observation way back in 2016 or so that this was all some big Twilight Zone episode where everyone knows the leader is insane because his thoughts appear on metal rectangles everyone carries in their pockets. Just waiting now for Rod Sterling to step into frame for the concluding statement.

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Wrong thread :v:

FUCKFACE MORON fucked around with this message at 02:32 on Jan 10, 2021

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Doland Tarmp should look into joining Friendster

https://twitter.com/yashar/status/1347981375555571712

davecrazy
Nov 25, 2004

I'm an insufferable shitposter who does not deserve to root for such a good team. Also, this is what Matt Harvey thinks of me and my garbage posting.

Laughing Zealot posted:

So was Alex never on the Q poo poo to begin with or what? That's somewhat bizarre/amusing.

Conmen dont like other cons moving into their territory.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Nationalized MySpace.

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

bulletsponge13 posted:

Nationalized MySpace.

US MySpace Force.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
Subscribe to Donnies' newsletter, email realdonaldtrump@yahoo.com for details.

ManMythLegend
Aug 18, 2003

I don't believe in anything, I'm just here for the violence.

Midjack posted:

US MySpace Force.

:golfclap:

piL
Sep 20, 2007
(__|\\\\)
Taco Defender

Midjack posted:

US MySpace Force.

It's pronounce Marine Corps

Vincent Van Goatse
Nov 8, 2006

Enjoy every sandwich.

Smellrose

This would be an excellent username.

BIG HEADLINE
Jun 13, 2006

"Stand back, Ottawan ruffian, or face my lumens!"

Laughing Zealot posted:

It's a bit difficult to sell lovely supplements to people who converse entirely through memes and foam core signs.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

in other news: infrastructure week will continue

quote:

President-elect Joe Biden said Friday that he favors setting aside concerns about the federal deficit in order to spend more money to boost the ailing American economy.

"Every major economist thinks we should be investing in deficit spending in order to generate economic growth," Biden told reporters Friday, citing low interest rates and limited Federal Reserve powers to fix the Covid-19 crisis.

As this city reels from the chaos of a deadly riot at the Capitol spurred by President Donald Trump, Biden said he'll lay out an economic relief package this year that will cost "in the trillions of dollars.” He said it will include emergency relief for those harmed by the pandemic as well as investments in infrastructure, health care and "a whole range of things that are going to generate good-paying jobs."

"If we don't act now things will get much worse and harder to get out of the hole later. So we have to invest now," Biden said. "There's a dire, dire need to act now."

welp, sounds good! i have nothing more to say than that, should it happen! :shrug:

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns
more like funeral parler

https://twitter.com/slpng_giants/status/1348090892033413129

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!
https://twitter.com/brianstelter/status/1348077057687875585?s=19

pantslesswithwolves
Oct 28, 2008

https://twitter.com/willchamberlain/status/1347639551683145740

Won’t someone think about the poor, white conservative males? :qq:

Also, at least one of my neighbors is planning on leaving DC during the week of the inauguration. He’s someone who has been very publicly critical of Trump and was a little rattled by an encounter I had with someone who was taking video of our condo building the day after the attack on the Capitol. It’s a cool time for sure.

Stravag
Jun 7, 2009

I always like Levar Burton, really like when he went onto a Roosterteeth charity stream to read "go the gently caress to sleep" like it was reading rainbow, and this is just even better

Handsome Ralph
Sep 3, 2004

Oh boy, posting!
That's where I'm a Viking!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AcU8O5AudTM

TCD
Nov 13, 2002

Every step, a fucking adventure.

hobbesmaster posted:

A lot of those people will make bail and some of them will drive to DC anyway, this time playing for keeps.

I was out of town for the BLM protests this summer, but it seemed like there was a lot better organization to counter/contain in the summer compared to last week. I'm hopeful that there will be more assets on hand this go around and not just the cap police. My hunch is local forces( at least DC police and Feds) will be taking it much more seriously after the protestors killing one of their own last week.

I suspect that sentiment may not extend to other jurisdictions in the country, but I think it is around the area. I hope.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

idempodunk
May 12, 2001
Toilet Rascal

The great news here is that given they were using AWS, they likely build their app around AWS-specific services that they won't find elsewhere or requires a lot of rearchitecting of their app. It's not like days of yore where being kicked off your web host was resolved by just redeploying your app on some other host's machines in a few days.