Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

docbeard
Jul 19, 2011

Tiggum posted:

[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/IRCd]

So there's more than one IRC program, noted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

"the opposite of weed" is a good insult

you're like, the opposite of weed

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

*in posh and repressed or possibly repressed and posh voice* Thank you!

Badactura
Feb 14, 2019

My wish lives in the future.
Isn't cocaine the opposite of weed? Or would the opposite have to not be a drug to be opposite

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Badactura posted:

Isn't cocaine the opposite of weed? Or would the opposite have to not be a drug to be opposite

I would have said meth, but sure

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

Shibawanko posted:

"the opposite of weed" is a good insult

you're the opposite of lsd

hawowanlawow
Jul 27, 2009

Pastry of the Year posted:

During a discussion about the fate of the Southern states after the Civil War, this got posted:

Even going back and re-reading the conversation, I'm not sure what it meant, but damned if I didn't like that turn of phrase.

I cannot believe this thread title has been around since April.

e: is an unpopular opinion the opposite of weed? we just don't know

don't ask me

Yngwie Mangosteen
Aug 23, 2007

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

you're the opposite of lsd

Boring, colorless, and lacking any ability for deep insight?

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Pastry of the Year posted:

During a discussion about the fate of the Southern states after the Civil War, this got posted:

Even going back and re-reading the conversation, I'm not sure what it meant, but damned if I didn't like that turn of phrase.

I cannot believe this thread title has been around since April.

e: is an unpopular opinion the opposite of weed? we just don't know

Oh wow, I had forgotten about that excellent opinion of mine

YeahTubaMike
Mar 24, 2005

*hic* Gotta finish thish . . .
Doctor Rope

Captain Monkey posted:

Boring, colorless, and lacking any ability for deep insight?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ussCHoQttyQ

Grouchio
Aug 31, 2014

1. Fox News should be sued for $10 Trillion by the Biden Administration for all the indirect damages it's caused over the past 30 years.
2. Facebook, Instagram and Twitter should be sued $1 trillion each for similar reasons or risk charges of sedition and get liquidated harder than Fannie/Freddie.
3. All households of those charged with sedition (etc) should be liquidated and sold dirt cheap to more vulnerable families or college grads.
4. The Biden Administration has a free ticket, thanks to the coup, to target hardcore trump supporters as the terrorists they now are, as if going after Al Qaeda.

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Defender of democracy and human rights 🇺🇦
Sure. I mean I might disagree with some details but that's not important.

Other people who also need to be charged with treason:

1. the cops that let the terrorists in and took selfies with them, instead of shooting them
2. any elected republicans that incited the violence, there is already a motion in works on this by Cori Bush
3. GW Bush and Dick Cheney need to be charged with war crimes

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

This will be real unpopular, but I think selfies with the protestors is pretty okay (the peaceful and ones standing outside only, mind).

In my country it is pretty common for police to pal around a bit with left wing/right wing/football crowds because it lets people know they are watching while creating less of a tinderbox atmosphere than standing off ready to charge.

FWIW I would say anyone setting foot in the Capitol should have been shot, so I don't think I'm being overly sympathetic...

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Strategic Tea posted:

In my country it is pretty common for police to pal around a bit with left wing/right wing/football crowds because it's good copaganda, as evidenced by my post.

Strategic Tea
Sep 1, 2012

It also looks good on camera, yeah. Turns out everyone wins when police don't immediately square up for a riot.

Actually this makes US police look worse because it shows they do know how to behave and just choose not to 90% of the time

silence_kit
Jul 14, 2011

by the sex ghost

Strategic Tea posted:

FWIW I would say anyone setting foot in the Capitol should have been shot, so I don't think I'm being overly sympathetic...

I wonder how the 'abolish the police' posters on this website reconcile their opinions with situations like the recent DC riots, where they almost certainly disagree with the justification for the riots. I think having cops e.g. to quell the recent DC riots is a pretty important function of the government.

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo

silence_kit posted:

I wonder how the 'abolish the police' posters on this website reconcile their opinions with situations like the recent DC riots, where they almost certainly disagree with the justification for the riots. I think having cops e.g. to quell the recent DC riots is a pretty important function of the government.

That should be a specialized job. It’s currently done by racist beat cops in every city in the US. “Abolish the police” doesn’t mean riots run rampant anymore than it means no one will attempt to solve murders.

Strategic Tea posted:

This will be real unpopular, but I think selfies with the protestors is pretty okay (the peaceful and ones standing outside only, mind).

In my country it is pretty common for police to pal around a bit with left wing/right wing/football crowds because it lets people know they are watching while creating less of a tinderbox atmosphere than standing off ready to charge.

The selfie cops were all in the capitol building so you’re not just overly sympathetic, you don’t know what you’re talking about.

Also the problem is more that they use kiddy gloves on white nationalists but beat and gas BLM and its ilk with no provocation.

Edgar Allen Ho has a new favorite as of 12:44 on Jan 8, 2021

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

That should be a specialized job.

Yeah guarding government buildings isn't policing. You want a guy in colourful attire and a really stupid hat. Ditto for the guarding.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i mightve posted this before but the majority of sex positions in things like the kama sutra or whatever are really stupid. there are only a handful of actually enjoyable, viable sex positions

any position where you cant even see the other person is riduculous. anything hetero thats centered on the man is also weird, the man is gross and shouldnt even feel pleasure, he should just be doing his job

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Shibawanko posted:

i mightve posted this before but the majority of sex positions in things like the kama sutra or whatever are really stupid. there are only a handful of actually enjoyable, viable sex positions

any position where you cant even see the other person is riduculous. anything hetero thats centered on the man is also weird, the man is gross and shouldnt even feel pleasure, he should just be doing his job

I don't know if it was the Kama Sutra but I saw an excerpt of an ancient Indian sex guide as a kid and several paragraphs emphasized that the woman's vagina should be as dry as possible. Even then I knew that couldn't be right.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I don't know if it was the Kama Sutra but I saw an excerpt of an ancient Indian sex guide as a kid and several paragraphs emphasized that the woman's vagina should be as dry as possible. Even then I knew that couldn't be right.

i'm pretty sure it's just a joke book like the ones you can sometimes find in people's bathrooms, like "the big book of farts" and so on

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Shibawanko posted:

anything hetero thats centered on the man is also weird, the man is gross and shouldnt even feel pleasure, he should just be doing his job

Are you male? Have you talked to a therapist? Or maybe your mother? Dunno which would be more helpful.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

doverhog posted:

Are you male? Have you talked to a therapist? Or maybe your mother? Dunno which would be more helpful.

It’s Shibawanko. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are completely fed up with his bizarre opinions.

Also I think they posted something weird about blowjobs a while back that was similarly :stare: enough that I remember it still.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

Ugly In The Morning posted:

It’s Shibawanko. He can't be bargained with. He can't be reasoned with. He doesn't feel pity, or remorse, or fear. And he absolutely will not stop, ever, until you are completely fed up with his bizarre opinions.

Also I think they posted something weird about blowjobs a while back that was similarly :stare: enough that I remember it still.

i do not share the undue reverence for blowjobs that most people have. they can take a hike for all i care

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

here's what's good: straightforward sex with someone you feel affection for

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Good sex ends with a firm handshake.

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
A really good blowjob when you're super horny is really nice

When you're just medium horny I don't really need nor necessarily want a blowjob

Collapsing Farts
Jun 29, 2018

💀
and bad blowjobs with teeth is just the worst

doverhog
May 31, 2013

Blowjobs can be good but it should be foreplay. It's gonna be frustrating for both parties if someone wants to finish with one.

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

theyre fine if its 69 because then at least it's a mutual act, but even in 69 the giving part is better than the taking part

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Make version of Ben Shapiro’s wife itt

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

After the invasion of the capitol happened it was really gross to see so many Very Online people go from "the US deserves to burn for its crimes" to " the honor and integrity of our proud nation's capitol was despoiled by these insurrectionists we must protect our democracy *an eagle sheds a single tear*"

Like guys you can say bad thing is bad without that particular posturing.

Manager Hoyden has a new favorite as of 17:17 on Jan 8, 2021

Shibawanko
Feb 13, 2013

i wipe my rear end with the american constitution

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

I wipe my rear end in a big bed with your wife.

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

Unpopular opinion: most uses of “evidenced” should be “evinced”.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

Platystemon posted:

Unpopular opinion: most uses of “evidenced” should be “evinced”.

I see no evince supporting that.

Gripweed
Nov 8, 2018

ASK ME ABOUT MY
UNITED STATES MARINES
FUNKO POPS COLLECTION

They should reboot The X-Files but Mulder is just a straight up Qanon guy

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Texas is one of the top ten states, Oregon is one of the bottom ten

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

Edgar Allen Ho posted:

Texas is one of the top ten states, Oregon is one of the bottom ten

Counterpoint: Texas has Lubbock in it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Manager Hoyden
Mar 5, 2020

Texas is in the top ten and also in the bottom ten. When it's good it's got some of the best culture, food, music, etc but when it's bad it's really bad. Like a big Tennessee.