Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

caldrax
Jan 21, 2001

i learned it from watching you

bradzilla posted:

Log out and back in. The PSN store/app sucks rear end about retaining credentials.

Thanks, that did the trick, of course in the meantime I looked it up on how long to beat and decided I should probably wait for a sale, price to time ratio is a little high for me at the moment.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

John Wick of Dogs
Mar 4, 2017

A real hellraiser

So I heard you can remove games from your trophy list that you don't actually have trophies in now? How do I do that cause I have some games I just did a quick tryout that really lower my percentages

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

John Wick of Dogs posted:

So I heard you can remove games from your trophy list that you don't actually have trophies in now? How do I do that cause I have some games I just did a quick tryout that really lower my percentages
I don’t know about the PS5, but on the PS4 that’s been possible for years. Just select the game’s trophy set (which must be at 0%), push the options button and select delete.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

you hit start on the trophy list

Jose Oquendo
Jun 20, 2004

Star Trek: The Motion Picture is a boring movie

veni veni veni posted:

if you have MM you can just upgrade to get the SM:R for $20 at any time.

I didn't know that. Where is that? Is it an in-app purchase within Miles Morales? I didn't see any sort of upgrade listed in the PSN Store.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

Jose Oquendo posted:

I didn't know that. Where is that? Is it an in-app purchase within Miles Morales? I didn't see any sort of upgrade listed in the PSN Store.

Yeah it’s on the MM title screen at the bottom to press either L1 or R1 I forget which, and be taken to a special store page to buy the upgrade.

I missed it completely until the thread told me where to look.

univbee
Jun 3, 2004

BeanpolePeckerwood posted:

Oh, sorry, is there a specific post I should add because I know nothing about this poo poo :lol:

Quality of HDMI cables is starting to matter now with 4K HDR and especially with 120 Hz and VRR.

Any HDMI cable can do 1080p60 SDR unless it's totally hosed. (HDMI 1.4)
You need somewhat recent, good quality cables for 4K, especially with HDR. (HDMI 2.0)
You need new and excellent quality cables for 8K, or 4K with 120 Hz or VRR support. (HDMI 2.1)

The cable included with all PS5s is HDMI 2.1 compliant.

For other loose cables there's no way to tell without plugging it in and seeing. The only proper "tester" for this that anyone might have access to is if they have one of the higher-end Denon receivers from 2020 (the ones that are over $1000 and I think claim to support 8K).

If your cable isn't up to snuff you will have issues like video going black for a few seconds or flickering randomly, stuff like that.

univbee fucked around with this message at 03:14 on Jan 10, 2021

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I MAY LOOK LIKE SHIT BUT IM ALSO DUMB AS FUCK

univbee posted:

Quality of HDMI cables is starting to matter now with 4K HDR and especially with 120 Hz and VRR.

Any HDMI cable can do 1080p60 SDR unless it's totally hosed. (HDMI 1.4)
You need somewhat recent, good quality cables for 4K, especially with HDR. (HDMI 2.0)
You need new and excellent quality cables for 8K, or 4K with 120 Hz or VRR support. (HDMI 2.1)

The cable included with all PS5s is HDMI 2.1 compliant.

For other loose cables there's no way to tell without plugging it in and seeing. The only proper "tester" for this that anyone might have access to is if they have one of the higher-end Denon receivers from 2020 (the ones that are over $1000 and I think claim to support 8K).

If your cable isn't up to snuff you will have issues like video going black for a few seconds or flickering randomly, stuff like that.

thanks, bee. putting a few of your recent posts in OP

Rinkles
Oct 24, 2010

What I'm getting at is...
Do you feel the same way?

Real hurthling! posted:

Its a rip off to not sell the controller with at least rechargeable aa's

But then what would happen to their exclusive partnership with Duracell?

Real hurthling!
Sep 11, 2001

Rinkles posted:

But then what would happen with their exclusive partnership with Duracell?

They can put halo shop codes on packs like they do with mt dew

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007
maneater is amusing but i am worried about my controller, the way it makes me mash those triggers

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

my dualsense gets days upon days of battery life since i turned adaptive triggers off and started playing a lot of monhun

bradzilla
Oct 15, 2004

I found Maneater to be extremely repetitive and not much fun to play. It also tries for straight faced cheesiness which does nothing for me.

Oxxidation
Jul 22, 2007

bradzilla posted:

I found Maneater to be extremely repetitive and not much fun to play. It also tries for straight faced cheesiness which does nothing for me.

but have you considered: chomp chomp chomp

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish
om nom nom

Lumpy
Apr 26, 2002

La! La! La! Laaaa!

College Slice
So I am thinking after beating Demon’s Souls for the 3rd time, it is time for something new. Should I get 13 sentinels, Yakuza 7, or install Bloodborne?

Baggot
Sep 9, 2009

Hail to the King, baby.

Lumpy posted:

So I am thinking after beating Demon’s Souls for the 3rd time, it is time for something new. Should I get 13 sentinels, Yakuza 7, or install Bloodborne?

Yes.

boz
Oct 16, 2005

Lumpy posted:

If you already have Bloodborne start with that.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

I thought about picking up 13 Sentinels but the plot seems really complicated. Like I heard there's 13 playable characters and the plot jumps between them in the past, present and future and you've got to keep track of how they all interact in the timelines. And I just don't know if I could keep up.

Am I making a mountain out of a mole hill on this one? Anyone know?

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Being confused is the entire point, really

Agrias120
Jun 27, 2002

I will burn my dread.

Soysaucebeast posted:

I thought about picking up 13 Sentinels but the plot seems really complicated. Like I heard there's 13 playable characters and the plot jumps between them in the past, present and future and you've got to keep track of how they all interact in the timelines. And I just don't know if I could keep up.

It's the best game of last year. The plot is very complex, but they close each loop quickly after they introduce it, and do a great job of making you think you completely understand what is going on, only to unveil another layer that then upends it. You're supposed to keep guessing what is really happening, but it doesn't feel disorienting--it's truly a masterpiece the way they present a very convoluted plot to you in coherent and digestible chunks.

Nostalgia4Dogges
Jun 18, 2004

Only emojis can express my pure, simple stupidity.

*edit*

Nostalgia4Dogges fucked around with this message at 14:45 on Jan 11, 2021

Selane
May 19, 2006

Soysaucebeast posted:

I don't know how it works but somehow it does.

Policenaut
Jul 11, 2008

On the moon... they don't make Neo Kobe Pizza.

Agrias120 posted:

It's the best game of last year. The plot is very complex, but they close each loop quickly after they introduce it, and do a great job of making you think you completely understand what is going on, only to unveil another layer that then upends it. You're supposed to keep guessing what is really happening, but it doesn't feel disorienting--it's truly a masterpiece the way they present a very convoluted plot to you in coherent and digestible chunks.

The first like two-thirds of the game before I figured out a lot of the Whats and Whos but not a ton of the Whys was so incredible for that. Every couple hours I thought I had it all figured out only to have the rug pulled out and had to rethink what was actually happening. I'm so glad I played it because drat that's like a top 10 best of the generation game for me now.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone want a “Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered” digital code for $25? PS5 only I believe.

Just FYI, Spider-Man Remastered is only $20 after buying Miles Morales. Might be worth it if you don’t want MM, but you could even just borrow a disc copy to get it for $20 as far as I know.

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

Nostalgia4Dogges posted:

Anyone want a “Marvel's Spider-Man Remastered” digital code for $25? PS5 only I believe.

I am interested!

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

went back and got the last ~25% of trophies to finally platinum astro's playroom. such a delightful game and salute to the history of playstation things.

i, too, considered 13 sentinels due to the overwhelming praise on these forums, but remembered that let's play videos were a thing. turns out it's barely a "game" at all and instead just a very long anime where you sometimes press a button to get a character to think about an object or person. no thanks.

you can just watch the whole thing on youtube, anyway:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLr87cAyr5k

BeanpolePeckerwood
May 4, 2004

I had fun playing 13 Sentinels

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

ShoogaSlim posted:

EveryGameEverMade.mp4

ShoogaSlim
May 22, 2001

YOU ARE THE DUMBEST MEATHEAD IDIOT ON THE PLANET, STOP FUCKING POSTING

^ you can watch someone else play bloodborne, but it's not the same as playing it yourself, learning how to play it well, and overcoming the challenge on your own.

13S is just characters standing around talking to each other about math homework and the movie E.T.

Samurai Sanders
Nov 4, 2003

Pillbug

ShoogaSlim posted:

^ you can watch someone else play bloodborne, but it's not the same as playing it yourself, learning how to play it well, and overcoming the challenge on your own.

13S is just characters standing around talking to each other about math homework and the movie E.T.

I don’t agree with your narrow definition of what a game is. You’ve basically just argued that only about a tenth of all games are games.

Dewgy
Nov 10, 2005

~🚚special delivery~📦

ShoogaSlim posted:

went back and got the last ~25% of trophies to finally platinum astro's playroom. such a delightful game and salute to the history of playstation things.

i, too, considered 13 sentinels due to the overwhelming praise on these forums, but remembered that let's play videos were a thing. turns out it's barely a "game" at all and instead just a very long anime where you sometimes press a button to get a character to think about an object or person. no thanks.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HLr87cAyr5k

lol

Casnorf
Jun 14, 2002

Never drive a car when you're a fish

Samurai Sanders posted:

I don’t agree with your narrow definition of what a game is. You’ve basically just argued that only about a tenth of all games are games.

It's not uncommon to elide things you don't understand, like intellectual or emotional challenges. If all you can grasp is physical improvement then physical improvement is all there is.

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I thought 13 sentinels was going to be an “oh no I’ve bought a Bad Creepy Anime Game that I’m going to be really uncomfortable playing” purchase when moments into the opening cutscene one of the Anime Teenagers had to flash some thigh to summon a giant robot.

Luckily nothing else like that happens for no reason for the rest of the game and it turned out to be really loving good!

henpod
Mar 7, 2008

Sir, we have located the Bioweapon.
College Slice
Two quick questions:

Can I go from rest mode to being completely shut down without having to turn it on, and selecting 'off'? Sometime's I have it in rest mode to charge controllers and whatever and don't really want to have to turn on the TV, turn on the console, then turn it off.

Also, with remote play: Is there any kind of dongle I can use that will support it? So I can just plug it into any smart tv? Or, am I limited to laptops, smartphones and another console.

THE AWESOME GHOST
Oct 21, 2005

One thing that is weird about this gen is the cross-gen Free to Play stuff is like... right there for you to start playing immediately. Like I can imagine people buying a PS5 to play Destiny 2 on it, the game they were playing every day on the PS4 (And Destiny 2 is apparently one of the best running cross gen games too)

Do any of the other ones run better? I read Genshin Impact does and I was waiting to try it for when I get a PS5. Used to play a bit of Apex Legends too. I know FF14 isn't F2P but it used to have resolution options so I imagine I can play in 4K/60 frames on the PS5 (It ran like poo poo on the PS4 if you went above 1080p)

Jack-Off Lantern
Mar 2, 2012

THE AWESOME GHOST posted:

I imagine I can play in 4K/60 frames on the PS5 (It ran like poo poo on the PS4 if you went above 1080p)

Yes XIV runs well and the load times are much impr

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

I’ve played more PS4 games than PS5 games on my PS5 at this point and that’s alright.

Twibbit
Mar 7, 2013

Is your refrigerator running?
Was it here or some other site where everyone was certain that only like a dozen games were going to be BC until like a week before launch. Kind of funny how opposite of reality that ended up being.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

It seemed like it was the whole internet because Sony played their cards super close to their chest on that front for most of the run up to launch, to be fair.

It was really only the very first round of media where they talked about it specifically having some kind of “Legacy modes” for BC that it was mentioned and then they said basically nothing useful about it until it was in people’s hands.