Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
They're 3*, 4*, and 5* seelies. I like 4*s the most so I'll probably pick pink.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

dogsicle posted:

reruns but they only have the same three colors, so if you want a specific one you have to pick another base one and combine them

otherwise the color choices just seem strange outside of blue

Shoulda done 4 in CMYK.

Glazius
Jul 22, 2007

Hail all those who are able,
any mouse can,
any mouse will,
but the Guard prevail.

Clapping Larry

Framboise posted:

Wait what? I don't think I've seen this part of the event.

I wonder if there are more treasures in a place than you can dig up, so you're not running around looking forever.

The co-op challenge popped up in the Guili Plains, near the torch chest in the plaza. It's not much to complete, just some Hero's Wits.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i suppose it's nice that the rewards are minor when you can just lock yourself out of it based on the arbitrary order in which you collect treasure

pretty lovely implementation though

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1348117361128206337

Really is the perfect banner for me.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Very happy to see Xingqiu on the new banner.

Not so happy to see Xiangling, who is C6.

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

the difference between the worst res food and the best is basically nothing
they all leave you low enough hp to get oneshot again if you don't heal afterward

It's honestly weird this is the case. I don't get why they don't let you craft resurrect items that heal you to 50% or something; the long cooldown on resurrection essentially prevents this from being exploited in some way.

Glazius posted:

I wonder if there are more treasures in a place than you can dig up, so you're not running around looking forever.

The co-op challenge popped up in the Guili Plains, near the torch chest in the plaza. It's not much to complete, just some Hero's Wits.

I'm maybe 80% sure there are. I'm pretty sure that I've finished each zone sooner than would make sense if they were evenly distributed throughout the area and you needed all of them.

Speaking of that, does the Seelie point in the direction of other treasures? I had trouble telling. It seems like it might, but it can be hard to tell if it's facing towards or away from the camera.

I also heard people mentioning some "shoot 6 targets" thing. What's up with that? My secret treasure thing was just killing a couple guys.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 05:10 on Jan 10, 2021

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
Constellation for XQ would be nice but after getting destroyed on the Klee banner there's no way I'm pulling with something involving Noelle.

dogsicle posted:

i suppose it's nice that the rewards are minor when you can just lock yourself out of it based on the arbitrary order in which you collect treasure

pretty lovely implementation though

What is this and how do I avoid it?

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

edit: Whoops, I misunderstand the post I was replying to

Framboise
Sep 21, 2014

To make yourself feel better, you make it so you'll never give in to your forevers and live for always.

Lipstick Apathy
Holy poo poo that's a bad banner for me. My Xiangling and Noelle are C6. I'd love more Xingqiu but not at that cost. I'll get my Ganyu and dip.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
I have C6 Noelle, but the prospect of bringing my C2 Xingqiu to C6 is overpowering. Need his C6 :|

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!
Very happy about that banner, I need C6 for Noelle.

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
I really want a Xingqiu, but I absolutely want to avoid Ganyu at all costs. Ugh.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
https://twitter.com/GenshinImpact/status/1348117363112214530
One for the whales. Amos's is pretty much Ganyu's best option but Skyward Pride is Noelle's best and one of the strongest weapons in the game. Four star weapon options are pretty good too... aside from The Bell, I mean. Hey, can't win 'em all.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I simultaneously have 1000 artifacts that are nothing but 4* and 5*, yet I also do not have enough artifacts to fully equip my B team for the Spiral Abyss. To be fair, I am not really looking at the 4* artifacts. Is there any cleanly organized site going over what sets various characters prefer and primary/secondary stats by slot? I am going to start blindly melting 4*s, but I want to make sure I am not tossing anything worthwhile for a support that uses an "off" primary stat or whatever.

Also, what is Ganyu's role and are they supposed to be any good? I am 15 from the hard pity timer but I also want a few constellations for all of the 4*s on the banner.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Pain of Mind posted:

Also, what is Ganyu's role and are they supposed to be any good? I am 15 from the hard pity timer but I also want a few constellations for all of the 4*s on the banner.

From what I understand, her role is dps carry but she does it with aimed headshots which is pretty different from anyone else in the game right now. Supposedly she has been doing pretty good damage on the closed beta.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Clarste posted:

From what I understand, her role is dps carry but she does it with aimed headshots which is pretty different from anyone else in the game right now. Supposedly she has been doing pretty good damage on the closed beta.

Also important to note that, unlike other bow characters, she gets some AOE on her charge shots so she's not totally worthless against groups of enemies.

Soothing Vapors
Mar 26, 2006

Associate Justice Lena "Kegels" Dunham: An uncool thought to have: 'is that guy walking in the dark behind me a rapist? Never mind, he's Asian.

zgrowler2 posted:

the feeling when you get an on-set damage goblet is just :discourse:

after a billion runs of the new domain I got exactly one on-set goblet for Ganyu

leveling it up went about as well as I could have hoped

Only registered members can see post attachments!

AVeryLargeRadish
Aug 19, 2011

I LITERALLY DON'T KNOW HOW TO NOT BE A WEIRD SEXUAL CREEP ABOUT PREPUBESCENT ANIME GIRLS, READ ALL ABOUT IT HERE!!!

Pain of Mind posted:

I simultaneously have 1000 artifacts that are nothing but 4* and 5*, yet I also do not have enough artifacts to fully equip my B team for the Spiral Abyss. To be fair, I am not really looking at the 4* artifacts. Is there any cleanly organized site going over what sets various characters prefer and primary/secondary stats by slot? I am going to start blindly melting 4*s, but I want to make sure I am not tossing anything worthwhile for a support that uses an "off" primary stat or whatever.

Ganyu is supposed to be a carry, primarily doing damage via her special charged shots which do high AoE damage. She's probably best used in freeze comps instead of reaction comps. As for how good she will be, wait for people to actually test her and report back.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum
Ganyu is a primary DPS but depending on how her Burst works she might be okay as a Cryo Burst support. As mentioned she's all about aimed shooting and her numbers seem really high for it but how well she'll synergize with teams and all that is unclear. I'd wait for people to test her if you don't want to blow your pity as both 1.3 five stars seem really strong and are more straightforward.

Personally I really like aimed shots so I'm interested in her, but I'd be lying if I said I wouldn't consider stopping if I end up with C6 Xingqiu early enough.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

amazed that we're staring down 3 new spear users in the next few months and it still looks like Xiangling is the only person who wants Dragon's Bane. feels like that weapon banner is living and dying on the back of Sac sword, but i suppose that's a strong enough case when running simultaneously with XQ.

of course with a better 5* guarantee i'd be tempted for Skyward, those swords are both super appealing to me

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

AVeryLargeRadish posted:

Ganyu is supposed to be a carry, primarily doing damage via her special charged shots which do high AoE damage. She's probably best used in freeze comps instead of reaction comps. As for how good she will be, wait for people to actually test her and report back.

This is every cryo carry because the busted new cryo set gives +40% crit rate against frozen targets (and cryo resonance gives another +15%).

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Hell yes gonna C6 Xian

Farg
Nov 19, 2013
hm i'm like 45ish pulls into my pity after getting albedo. i want hua tao, whenever she shows up. should i like, not pull till then and just save or?

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

MarcusSA posted:

Hell yes gonna C6 Xian

I was about to get my C6 xiang from the starglitter shop. I guess I'm glad I waited.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

Farg posted:

hm i'm like 45ish pulls into my pity after getting albedo. i want hua tao, whenever she shows up. should i like, not pull till then and just save or?

i would (and am) just going to save. the soft pity doesn't actually kick in until around 70 pulls but i'd rather break my pity unnaturally early on the banner where i actually want the 5*.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆
Yeah even if you're "not at pity yet" there's still a decent chance to roll a 5* anyway, and if you were trying to save that pity progress up for a future banner you'll be pretty upset about that.

If you use 30 rolls without pity there's about a ~17% chance to get a 5* result, so about one time in 6.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Ytlaya posted:

Very happy to see Xingqiu on the new banner.

Not so happy to see Xiangling, who is C6.
Extremely same.

Bloody Emissary
Mar 31, 2014

Powawa~n
On the one hand, I don't especially care about Ganyu and would rather get Xiao and/or Hu Tao. On the other, I already have Amos' Bow and all of the banner 4-stars are ones I would love to have more constellations for. Hrmm...

I pulled a 4-star weapon today, so maybe I'll just pull to get the character pity for my next 4-star and call it quits.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Darn, I was hoping for Ning so I can get C1. It made so much sense, given her connection to Ganyu and the Jade Chamber quests coming up...

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah even if you're "not at pity yet" there's still a decent chance to roll a 5* anyway, and if you were trying to save that pity progress up for a future banner you'll be pretty upset about that.

If you use 30 rolls without pity there's about a ~17% chance to get a 5* result, so about one time in 6.

Yeah, I'm bitter as hell about this for the last banner. When it started, I was at 45 and was just gonna put 30 in. Albedo was my first pull. Put another 30 pulls on and got some good returns.

Two nights ago I figure, what the hell, people in the thread are hyping up Fischl C6, may as well put another twenty in. Pull 1: Mona. Ok, well now I can guarantee pity for Ganyu, so may as well get another couple pulls, right? Twenty later: no more fish, but I've got Albedo C1, and I'm probably not getting Ganyu!

Save for the characters you really want. Gatcha's gonna bite you if you get greedy.

Karia fucked around with this message at 06:23 on Jan 10, 2021

padijun
Feb 5, 2004

murderbears forever

Pain of Mind posted:

don't indiscriminately melt your 4*s. I still use 2 pieces of berserker on childe because they have both crit substats, and one of them is +hydro damage, and I haven't found a gold one of those yet. a 4* artifact with the right main stat is going to beat a gold with the wrong stat. I generally check this sheet for recommended artifact sets/stats: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/edit#gid=654398186

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Noelle and Xiangling at C5, Xinqui at C4, this will either be an amazing or disappointing banner. :pray:

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Karia posted:

Darn, I was hoping for Ning so I can get C1. It made so much sense, given her connection to Ganyu and the Jade Chamber quests coming up...

Yeah, I'm bitter as hell about this for the last banner. When it started, I was at 45 and was just gonna put 30 in. Albedo was my first pull. Put another 30 pulls on and got some good returns.

Two nights ago I figure, what the hell, people in the thread are hyping up Fischl C6, may as well put another twenty in. Pull 1: Mona. Ok, well now I can guarantee pity for Ganyu, so may as well get another couple pulls, right? Twenty later: no more fish, but I've got Albedo C1, and I'm probably not getting Ganyu!

Save for the characters you really want. Gatcha's gonna bite you if you get greedy.

I did the same except with Keqing instead of Mona. Albedo C1 definitely screwed me over for Ganyu.

Selane
May 19, 2006

Ibblebibble posted:

Really is the perfect banner for me.
Pretty much for me too. I was basically praying that it'd be Xingqiu and not Barbara. When they ran Klee I was saving for Tartaglia so I did no pulls on that banner and as a result Xingqiu is the only 4-star I still don't have. My Noelle is C1 and Xiangling is C2 as well so I'm going all in on this one. Hopefully Ganyu doesn't suck because I'm going to end up with at least one...

No Wave was right, glad I didn't buy that shop Xiangling before seeing what was on the next banner.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Don't know about "a decent chance" with any of the rates in this game, but yes don't break your pity unless you really want the character on the banner and if you want someone who you know is coming up, don't go after the current banner unless you're willing to risk it for the 4* constellations.

I think this game is going to have an issue going forward where the whales are going to rapidly have every 4* at C6 and have no reason to pull on the banners except the 5* characters, and the rates are so bad for them that it's going to be a less and less appealing option and they may start skipping whole banners just because the expected value is so low. They can dodge this by continually introducing new 4* characters, which made the 1.1 banners appealing to people thanks to Diona/Xinyan being new, but they seem to have royally hosed up somehow and we're not likely to see a new 4* until 1.4 or something, which is far too long. That's four banners where a spender might very well already have every single 4* maxed out, which just feels really loving bad.

The weapon banners are already at this level of saturation I think for the people who pull heavily on them. The turbowhales who go for R5 5* weapons already basically own multiple R5 copies of every 4* weapon in the game, no new 4* weapons seem to be forthcoming outside of Festering Desire, and every new weapon that's been datamined is a 5*. This game's roll system is extremely top-heavy and I'm not sure a gacha can survive on that. The 4-5* balance is badly out of whack and short of dropping four new 4*s (and maybe new 4* weapons) on us in 1.4 I think they're going to have some issues (though Venti/Zhongli rerun banners will stem the bleeding because those characters are or will be so strong). Either they start power creeping the 5* stuff really hard or people are going to start seriously asking questions like "I already got Klee, why roll for Hu Tao when every 4* I pull is going to just be Stardust and nothing else?"

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

I'm wondering if new 4* are being held for Inazuma dropping (currently expected in 1.6, I think?) It'd make some sense to release a whole bunch and let people get hyped over them as they appear on banners for the next few months.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

At least having multiple 4* weapons has some benefits if you have enough characters so it's not completely wasted if you get a seventh favonius sword or something.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

Asimo posted:

At least having multiple 4* weapons has some benefits if you have enough characters so it's not completely wasted if you get a seventh favonius sword or something.
Yeah I mean I'd not be too put out by a second R5 Sacrificial Sword or anything, but that only works for some weapons. Nobody is going to want multiple R5 Bells. That the weapon banner splits between two weapons already turns off everyone but the whales, once it reaches the point that the only new or interesting thing someone can pull on either banner is a 5* it will feel less and less interesting to spend money for that.

It's hard to explain but the way they've set up the crystal top-offs, you basically can't impulse spend your way to a 5*. This is logical if the banners are all really appealing because the entire point is to convince a whale to swipe twice, but part of that is the dopamine hit you're giving them on that first swipe with all the 4* stuff they're pulling on their way to the pity. If that's not there, then it becomes "I'll have to drop this $100 to gain literally nothing just so I can drop another $100 for a chance at what I want" and I think then it becomes more of a dissuading factor than a persuading one. The 4* stuff really does make a difference in greasing the wheels of the gacha and I think even moderate-spending players will eventually reach the point where all the ones they like or want are maxed (or at least at a constellation level they're happy with), and they're just not as interested in 5* stuff they don't have the budget to keep grabbing.

The game made a bazillion dollars so this isn't going to kill it or anything, I just think they really ought to get the ball rolling on new 4* characters and weapons to avoid a long-term problem.

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Noelle is trending on twitter, Cleaning is Real

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Tae posted:

Noelle is trending on twitter, Cleaning is Real

https://twitter.com/Persin_Impact/status/1347313982852399106?s=20

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

lih
May 15, 2013

Just a friendly reminder of what it looks like.

We'll do punctuation later.

Pain of Mind posted:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview
https://genshin.gg/

these are what you want