Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

already got c6 noelle cant roll on banner oh well.

kater fucked around with this message at 08:26 on Jan 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

Wait, what exactly are you guys talking about with this co-op thing with shooting 6 targets? I can't find anything related to the event other than getting the treasures.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Ytlaya posted:

Wait, what exactly are you guys talking about with this co-op thing with shooting 6 targets? I can't find anything related to the event other than getting the treasures.

The last collection point on the 2nd day in the plains pops up with a coop thing you can do

e: well maybe not the last but in a particular area

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

S.J. posted:

The last collection point on the 2nd day in the plains pops up with a coop thing you can do

It seems like there's a lot more than 60 iron coins worth of hidden treasures in each area and it just ends early once you hit 60. So depending on where you look first you might hit 60 and "finish" the area before even seeing the coop thing! That's what happened to me.

TV Zombie
Sep 6, 2011

Burying all the trauma from past nights
Burying my anger in the past

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

It seems like there's a lot more than 60 iron coins worth of hidden treasures in each area and it just ends early once you hit 60. So depending on where you look first you might hit 60 and "finish" the area before even seeing the coop thing! That's what happened to me.

If I didn't want to coop, I'd be mad about this now.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Having one of your C6's in the banner feels terrible. It basically puts a hard stop on pulling since primos are too precious to waste on dead rolls.

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

S.J. posted:

This definitely did not happen for me or for my brother or for a ton of other people in this thread.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Yeah didn't see anything vaguely co-op either myself.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

yep, i completed the plains area and didn't get any sort of co-op prompt or other thing that rewarded me Wits like people were saying.

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

Well you definitely aren't missing out on anything, it was literally just shooting 6 exploding barrels.

Selane
May 19, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

Having one of your C6's in the banner feels terrible. It basically puts a hard stop on pulling since primos are too precious to waste on dead rolls.

I managed to cap out on the current banner perfectly. Hit C6 Fish and Sucrose, C5 Bennett and C2 Albedo. If ever there was a time to stop, that's it.

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
I'd like to get more Xingqiu and Noelle constellations, but with my luck I'd get 9 more constellations for my maxed out Xiangling.

My experience with the Zhongli banner kind of killed any hype I have for future banners, tbqh. I don't want any of the upcoming 5*s enough to suffer through C"7"+ pulls, and I'm pretty ok with where my 4*s are at now that I have one of each. I'm probably never going to pull aggressively again unless they do something about C6s. Of the 13 4*s that show up on banners, I've maxed out 5, so it's highly likely there will be one each time.

Loling at how Xiao's banner will probably have Barbara on it.

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Going to wait until people do some testing of Ganyu before deciding to pull, would love XQ cons and my XQ and Noelle aren't even at C2 yet so they wouldn't' be wasted, I just don't use them.

Random non-related to gacha question, is there anything in the Stardust shop worth prioritizing (I would assume blue books) once you're grabbing the 10x wishes every month? I originally wasn't buying *anything* to make sure I could always get those but feels like by now it's a pretty self-sustaining cycle where I always have extra.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

Beluga Snail posted:

Going to wait until people do some testing of Ganyu before deciding to pull, would love XQ cons and my XQ and Noelle aren't even at C2 yet so they wouldn't' be wasted, I just don't use them.

Random non-related to gacha question, is there anything in the Stardust shop worth prioritizing (I would assume blue books) once you're grabbing the 10x wishes every month? I originally wasn't buying *anything* to make sure I could always get those but feels like by now it's a pretty self-sustaining cycle where I always have extra.

The monster mats are all bad deals for non-whales since you can just farm them for free. So stick to one of xp books / mora / maybe enhancement crystals depending on what you need. (I don't know how they compare in resin-per-stardust, you'd have to do the math.)

YoshiOfYellow
Aug 21, 2015

Voted #1 Babysitter in Mushroom Kingdom

Why does Ganyu's banner gotta have Xiangling on it? I got nothing but Xiangling during the Venti banner. She's like C10 by now!

gandlethorpe
Aug 16, 2008

:gowron::m10:
Oh man, I just realized what a slap in he face this banner is for Enviosity. He was planning to pull on it as his first character banner if the 4*s justified it, but 2 are free characters and he won't activate constellations until they add a way to disable them. The dude's luck, lol. He even got Amber as his only character pull from the standard banner.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain France posted:

I did too, after spending all of my f2p primos on this banner hoping for Sucrose constellations, and instead winding up with my Bennet at C3. Fischl at C4(after shop), The Flute, and Keqing getting her C1.

I now have a C5 Fischl.

Uninstalled my phone version to keep me from making that mistake again.

Yes I know what I got is objectively more useful than a bunch of Sucrose constellations when she's already C1, but a good sword, the Best Boy, the Chuuniest Chuuni, and the edgelord the Chuuni wishes she was are not a science waifu who collects bones for reasons unrelated to science.

I didn't even do it because I ran out of gems, I was just ready to get a Serpent Spine and all those other extra resources from the battle pass.

Also I too am at C5 Fischl now. Better to get it now while I can than wait and expect her to show up while I'm trying to get something else like Ninggaung's been doing beforehand.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nakar posted:

Don't know about "a decent chance" with any of the rates in this game, but yes don't break your pity unless you really want the character on the banner and if you want someone who you know is coming up, don't go after the current banner unless you're willing to risk it for the 4* constellations.

I think this game is going to have an issue going forward where the whales are going to rapidly have every 4* at C6 and have no reason to pull on the banners except the 5* characters, and the rates are so bad for them that it's going to be a less and less appealing option and they may start skipping whole banners just because the expected value is so low. They can dodge this by continually introducing new 4* characters, which made the 1.1 banners appealing to people thanks to Diona/Xinyan being new, but they seem to have royally hosed up somehow and we're not likely to see a new 4* until 1.4 or something, which is far too long. That's four banners where a spender might very well already have every single 4* maxed out, which just feels really loving bad.

The weapon banners are already at this level of saturation I think for the people who pull heavily on them. The turbowhales who go for R5 5* weapons already basically own multiple R5 copies of every 4* weapon in the game, no new 4* weapons seem to be forthcoming outside of Festering Desire, and every new weapon that's been datamined is a 5*. This game's roll system is extremely top-heavy and I'm not sure a gacha can survive on that. The 4-5* balance is badly out of whack and short of dropping four new 4*s (and maybe new 4* weapons) on us in 1.4 I think they're going to have some issues (though Venti/Zhongli rerun banners will stem the bleeding because those characters are or will be so strong). Either they start power creeping the 5* stuff really hard or people are going to start seriously asking questions like "I already got Klee, why roll for Hu Tao when every 4* I pull is going to just be Stardust and nothing else?"

I think part of this is also because for many minmaxers the number of options is really limited. There are not many mechanics that would outweigh certain comps with elemental damage. You can already see it with some people dissing on some new 4*s and even 5*s because they are "useless". Lots of the pulls are purely for the "mai waifu/husbando" factor already and it won't get better, IMO.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

i thought for like two seconds hey maybe something something about the banner, but then i got to another 10 roll on standard and it gave me a lisa so really just do anything its all just bullshit gimme nine more chongyuns or something

kater
Nov 16, 2010

tartaglia rules i forgot how much tartaglia rules, lol he melts ruiners in like four seconds heres a picture of a baby ruiner orphan

also i was taking pot shots at the moon and shot a hilichurl target and it spawned a chest.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I think part of this is also because for many minmaxers the number of options is really limited. There are not many mechanics that would outweigh certain comps with elemental damage.

If you've got two capable teams currently, and are waiting for something to enhance/improve them, then at this point you're going to sit on gems until the Venti/ZL reruns. Maybe Ganyu and/or Xaio are super busted to the point of adding to that short list, but if they're not then welp. I'd hoped the ZL outrage would have led to a rework on reactions but it turns out if you turbobuff one character all is forgiven.

Bussamove
Feb 25, 2006

GrandpaPants posted:

I have both Xiangling and Noelle at C6 so I'll probably give this banner a pass even if Ganyu might be good for Klee melt comps which I have no idea. I'd rather save for Xiao instead.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

Yeah, I need constellations on all of them and I think I’ll be fine pulling Ganyu. I’ll have enough primos stored up for the next unit that comes out that I want.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Bussamove posted:

I have both Xiangling and Noelle at C6 so I'll probably give this banner a pass even if Ganyu might be good for Klee melt comps which I have no idea. I'd rather save for Xiao instead.

Will be interesting to see what her energy regen is like and how often/how reliably her ult hits. She could be a very good burst support in melt comps if those two pan out.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

Clarste posted:

From what I understand, her role is dps carry but she does it with aimed headshots which is pretty different from anyone else in the game right now. Supposedly she has been doing pretty good damage on the closed beta.

That sounds awful for mobile players. Maybe it’s just me but shooting stuff on an iPad is the worse. The targeting ring moves too much even at the lowest sensitivity and the act of tapping the screen or lifting your finger up always moves the circle for me making me miss. That one time trial challenge in the new zone where you gotta hit the 3 barrels on the dragon ribs is downright impossible.

I want Xingqui and Noelle but I really don’t want Ganyu if I need to shoot stuff for her to be useful.

Boris Galerkin
Dec 17, 2011

I don't understand why I can't harass people online. Seriously, somebody please explain why I shouldn't be allowed to stalk others on social media!

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

Yeah I never saw a coop thing and have no idea what everyone is talking about either.

Asimo
Sep 23, 2007

Whoop just saw one today it seems, a 6 barrel one. Kind of super random and anticlimactic there.

fabiopenz
Jun 22, 2015
So I finally decided to start using childe. If I don't want to buy BP and my only 4* bows without an owner are favonius and the craftables is it worth it to roll one of the weapon gatchas?

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
Rolling for a specific weapon is a bad idea and I would say even weapon type is inadvisable since there are 0 guaranteed weapons. I think one of the craftables is OK for him and you can always bring up a new bow and pass off the old one if you randomly pull something better. Actually, even bringing up the Favonius wouldn't be a bad idea as a temporary measure since the Favonius weapons are all good for support characters.

I whale a bit and threw 50 rolls at the weapon banner looking for a 4* claymore and got none.

MajorBonnet fucked around with this message at 16:56 on Jan 10, 2021

MarquiseMindfang
Jan 6, 2013

vriska (vriska)
Yeah, the weapon banner is a trap trappity trap trap trap. It's a big ol' harpoon speargun designed to hunt gigawhales.

If it used blue fates, it might be worthwhile for someone who managed to land all the common pool 5* characters... but for purple fates? No chance.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
If you want four out of five of the 4* weapons (realistic on the current banner) it's hard to get too screwed. But then the issue is you've then got pity built up for a banner you might not want to roll on again which feels like a waste.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

Thanks, this is helpful.

MajorBonnet posted:

Rolling for a specific weapon is a bad idea and I would say even weapon type is inadvisable since there are 0 guaranteed weapons. I think one of the craftables is OK for him and you can always bring up a new bow and pass off the old one if you randomly pull something better. Actually, even bringing up the Favonius wouldn't be a bad idea as a temporary measure since the Favonius weapons are all good for support characters.

I whale a bit and threw 50 rolls at the weapon banner looking for a 4* claymore and got none.

I agree rolling for a specific weapon is not great, but I have 0 5* weapons and feel like I am back to my thoughts from a few months ago where nothing would improve my team more than a 5* weapon, with the caveat that it is a BiS for a dps carry. Last banner with Wolf's Gravestone I did not have enough primogems to reach the pity timer, but if there is another banner with it and decent 4*s (and hopefully another decent 5*) I would use all of my wishes to attempt to get it. Realistically I could never get another character again and it would not effect much, as it is I am much more limited by all of the resources it takes to make them useful and party size rather than the actual characters I own.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Dropping in on an Eye of the Storm commission with Childe is immensely satisfying, the elemental is never out of attack range and when it lands you tear it to pieces

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
The biggest downside to weapon banners is that you literally can't guarantee a specific 5 star weapon, it's always at worst a 50/50 split. So you're spending 70-90 draws on maybe an Amos.

Tsyni
Sep 1, 2004
Lipstick Apathy
Yeah, it's over 60% chance you won't get the 5* you want. That being said, I rolled the dice on this weapon banner and got skyward Atlas for Klee. Don't follow my example.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Tae posted:

The biggest downside to weapon banners is that you literally can't guarantee a specific 5 star weapon, it's always at worst a 50/50 split. So you're spending 70-90 draws on maybe an Amos.
It's 37.5% to get one of the 5*s.

But if you're at the point where you care more about the one 5* weapon than the ten 4* weapons you'll get you're probably accustomed to spending and don't need too much advice.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
I realize the odds are a lot worse than getting a specific 5* character, but the odds are substantially better than hoping I get a 5* weapon off of the trickle of standard banner rolls, especially since I am like 80 from the pity timer.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

5* weapons don't get you anything except the very last star in spiral abyss and every character is designed to have at least one 4* weapon that works nicely for them. 5* weapons are just a way to pay to win.

If you must have a 5* weapon yes the weapon banner is the best place to get one.

No Wave fucked around with this message at 18:51 on Jan 10, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

fabiopenz posted:

So I finally decided to start using childe. If I don't want to buy BP and my only 4* bows without an owner are favonius and the craftables is it worth it to roll one of the weapon gatchas?

Do you have a Rust? It's arguably his best 4* Bow and he's a better user of it than really anyone else.

If not, Prototype Crescent is probably your best option. It has higher attack than Warbow and an Atk% secondary, which is much better for Childe than ER or Phys Dmg

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004

No Wave posted:

5* weapons don't get you anything except the very last star in spiral abyss and every character is designed to have at least one 4* weapon that works nicely for them. 5* weapons are just a way to pay to win.

If you must have a 5* weapon yes the weapon banner is the best place to get one.

You can use that last star of the spiral abyss to hand wave away anything people farm with resin. As it is people spend weeks farming artifacts or talent books or ascension materials for tiny upgrades, when a single good 5* weapon would increase damage orders of magnitude more than that stuff. I have 4 5* characters, 2 of them I do not even use due to constraints on team size and the multitude of things that need to be farmed (talent books, exp books, mora, artifacts, ascension materials etc.). At least a weapon is simple to upgrade and unless it is a garbage weapon it can probably improve someone.