Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Robviously
Aug 21, 2010

Genius. Billionaire. Playboy. Philanthropist.

Willo567 posted:

Give Terry Bogard a mecha

:yeah:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

I really enjoyed the first episode of spider.

The ED is really good

Vahtooch
Sep 18, 2009

What is this [S T A N D] going to do? Once its crossed through the barrier, what's it going to do? When it comes in here, and reads my [P O S T S], what's it going to do to me?
Bak Arrow was a very fun first episode. Interesting mecha designs though I did have a good chuckle at Mr Protagonists design aping the lead from Star Driver.

I thoroughly get the GunXSword vibes too. Here's hoping they keep it up.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Very glad to have BEASTARS back, I missed this stupid, stupid canine.

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

an actual dog posted:

Very glad to have BEASTARS back, I missed this stupid, stupid canine.

It is!?

The Black Stones
May 7, 2007

I POSTED WHAT NOW!?

If you pirate it. It’s in Netflix jail.

jackofarcades
Sep 2, 2011

Okay, I'll admit it took me a bit to get into it... But I think I kinda love this!! I'm Spider-Man!! I'm actually Spider-Man!! HA!
so far I am enjoying spider, horimiya, and urusekai picnic

I will be watching jaku-chara tomozaki-kun because it's my kind of dumb poo poo

Clarste
Apr 15, 2013

Just how many mistakes have you suffered on the way here?

An uncountable number, to be sure.

Viridiant posted:

Pretty sure that was a youtube video and not the show itself.

I don't remember if the anime had it, but the timer was definitely in the manga.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

gohands is bringing their weird cg a-game with Scard on the Praeter, and i'm here for it

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Checked out Last Dungeon Kid and it has a witch with a cool hat so it's off to a good start.

an actual dog
Nov 18, 2014

Did not expect to like SK8 the Infinity as much as I do, it's extremely fun and weird and looks fantastic.

chumbler
Mar 28, 2010

Maxwell Adams posted:

Soukou Musume Senki has a hilarious plot twist if didn't read the synopsis beforehand. Also, it's noteworthy for having a magical mecha girl transformation montage that clocks in at almost 3 minutes. It's actually longer than the transformation sequence in Madoka Rebellion.

The longer the transformation the better.

Nemo2342
Nov 26, 2007

Have A Day

Nap Ghost
Ore dake Haireru Kakushi Dungeon - From the LN reviews I was expecting this to be harem trash, I just didn't anticipate the *boing* sound effects when the childhood friend showed up 5 minutes in.

Zetsubou-san
Jan 28, 2015

Cruel Bifaunidas demanded that you [stand]🧍 I require only that you [kneel]🧎
Vlad Love is something, alright.

Mokinokaro
Sep 11, 2001

At the end of everything, hold onto anything

Fun Shoe

Nitrousoxide posted:

I really enjoyed the first episode of spider.

The ED is really good

Yeah the CG has a few rough parts but overall it was great.

Ibblebibble
Nov 12, 2013

First ep of Back Arrow was very strong personally, gives me very big TTGL vibes.

Sindai
Jan 24, 2007
i want to achieve immortality through not dying
Oh, if I'd paid attention to who was writing and directing Back Arrow its quality wouldn't have surprised me at all.

Neddy Seagoon
Oct 12, 2012

"Hi Everybody!"

dogsicle posted:

gohands is bringing their weird cg a-game with Scard on the Praeter, and i'm here for it

Yeah, I wasn't sure how that was gonna turn out, but it's surprisingly quite good. My only gripe is them swapping between the CGI and 2D goons. Pick one and stick with it guys, swapping them interchangeably just looks odd.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
Hope Shadow continues to be a regular, prominent cast member in Sk8. I can see him developing into a properly lovable rear end in a top hat.

Caphi
Jan 6, 2012

INCREDIBLE
It's unnecessarily difficult to figure this out from their actual site - is Back Arrow Funimation exclusive? I'm thinking of subscribing to them for a few shows but usually some of them are licensed out and I'm already paying for Hulu.

darkgray
Dec 20, 2005

My best pose facing the morning sun!
Mushoku Tensei's first episode was perfect. Just perfect. Best anime ever for sure.

Part of what makes it stand so far above every other isekai adaptation is that it feels like the animators put some real soul into their work. The way Rudy struggles with opening the book chest, making it clear they're not just robotically following the rails laid by the novel words, but still completely in line with the spirit of the original work. And it has genuinely funny visual moments, tickling me to laugh out loud several times.

It was also clever to split the problematic first chapter of the novel across the first couple of anime episodes, since this way it might not immediately purge half its potential audience. Ah well, people will still abandon ship eventually, I suppose. At least it got the hook in.

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022

Darth Walrus posted:

Hope Shadow continues to be a regular, prominent cast member in Sk8. I can see him developing into a properly lovable rear end in a top hat.

I kinda assumed he wouldn't be so prominent in the OP if he was intended to be a one-off goon so it feels like he'd be sticking around. imo it would be a total waste to drop him right away, he looks like he'd be a great gag character. Also all the other main guys have already shown their day jobs so I'd love to see him out of character at some point.

Strange Quark
Oct 15, 2012

I Failed At Anime 2022
AOTY voting closes in just over 12 hours, so go do that if you've been putting it off: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3952929

(And please read the OP.)

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Non Non Biyori was outstanding today. Between it and Yurucamp, we'll be very well served for cozy anime this season.

Space Flower
Sep 10, 2014

by Games Forum

darkgray posted:

It was also clever to split the problematic first chapter of the novel across the first couple of anime episodes, since this way it might not immediately purge half its potential audience. Ah well, people will still abandon ship eventually, I suppose. At least it got the hook in.

You figure they glossed over it and then you open ep2 and he’s just jackin it. Well played

Starsnostars
Jan 17, 2009

The Master of Magnetism
Non Non Biyori is the perfect show to watch on a Sunday evening and I'm glad it's back.

Cantide
Jun 13, 2001
Pillbug

Starsnostars posted:

Non Non Biyori is the perfect show to watch on a Sunday evening and I'm glad it's back.

Non Non Biyori is the perfect show

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

Cantide posted:

Non Non Biyori is the perfect show

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
first ep of Kemono Jihen looked great, as expected

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009

Everything Burrito posted:

first ep of Kemono Jihen looked great, as expected

:yeah:

Don't know if I'll keep watching it since it seems to be a very straight adaptation of the manga at a 1:1 chapter to episode ratio, so it's not going to get further than the scans, but it looks and sounds great.

I'll give it another episode or two though, until we at least see Kon. :3:

Everything Burrito
Jun 2, 2011

I Failed At Anime 2022
I wonder what that first episode felt like to people who hadn't read it because knowing what's going to happen next did take some of the impact away. I'm still pretty excited for the rest of the season since I've been looking forward to seeing it all in motion and at least it's been a pretty long while since I read the early parts.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!
I want to apologize to Go Hands for my harsh questioning of their business practices the other day because EX-ARM is out.

Nitrousoxide
May 30, 2011

do not buy a oneplus phone

darkgray posted:

Mushoku Tensei's first episode was perfect. Just perfect. Best anime ever for sure.

Part of what makes it stand so far above every other isekai adaptation is that it feels like the animators put some real soul into their work. The way Rudy struggles with opening the book chest, making it clear they're not just robotically following the rails laid by the novel words, but still completely in line with the spirit of the original work. And it has genuinely funny visual moments, tickling me to laugh out loud several times.

Yes, yes, all that, but also.

Indiana_Krom
Jun 18, 2007
Net Slacker

Blockhouse posted:

I want to apologize to Go Hands for my harsh questioning of their business practices the other day because EX-ARM is out.

I applaud them for running the CG at the full video frame rate, but the animation was still way too stiff/robotic in places. And I definitely do not have an eye for poor animation quality, so if I'm seeing problems it must be pretty bad.

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Indiana_Krom posted:

I applaud them for running the CG at the full video frame rate, but the animation was still way too stiff/robotic in places. And I definitely do not have an eye for poor animation quality, so if I'm seeing problems it must be pretty bad.

It looks like someone made an anime in Garry's Mod as a joke.

Terrible Opinions
Oct 18, 2013

Space Flower posted:

You figure they glossed over it and then you open ep2 and he’s just jackin it. Well played
Yeah you're not going to just throw away comedy gold like that.

Darth Walrus
Feb 13, 2012
So, I hear the MC of Mushoku Tensei is a complete and utter shitbag. How do they get around that to make his story worth following?

Tales of Woe
Dec 18, 2004

bold of you to assume that there's an answer to that

Pootybutt
Apr 5, 2011

EX-ARM has very heavy "young artists' first comic on deviantart" energy. Every new shot is more of a groaner than the last, but lemme tell ya I was dying the whole time. Alao is that kazuma kiryu?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Blockhouse
Sep 7, 2014

You Win!

Tales of Woe posted:

bold of you to assume that there's an answer to that

The truck should have backed up and ran him over again.