Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Kamrat
Nov 27, 2012

Thanks for playing Alone in the dark 2.

Now please fuck off

Diabetes Forecast posted:

It's officially sanctioned, yes. Ken Silverman isn't making it, but he okayed it.

This is pretty cool, would love to help but I'm knee-deep in (the dead) other projects.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

HolyKrap
Feb 10, 2008

adfgaofdg

Convex posted:

Is this Rage Wars?

It's still T2 on moonlit mayhem.

Cross platform multiplayer?

Rupert Buttermilk
Apr 15, 2007

🚣RowboatMan: ❄️Freezing time🕰️ is an old P.I. 🥧trick...

Diabetes Forecast posted:

https://twitter.com/KensLabyrinthII

It's officially sanctioned, yes. Ken Silverman isn't making it, but he okayed it.

Can confirm, I'm the sound designer/composer for it, though I've been busy lately.

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
https://twitter.com/NightdiveStudio/status/1348348791372480513

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I come in here occasionally to check the status of SS2 EE. I’ve been putting off my play through of modded SS2 as long as I can, having never played it.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

:nice:

Big Scary Owl
Oct 1, 2014

by Fluffdaddy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gTbkLP3B2FE

shoeberto
Jun 13, 2020

which way to the MACHINES?

chaosapiant posted:

I come in here occasionally to check the status of SS2 EE. I’ve been putting off my play through of modded SS2 as long as I can, having never played it.

If they don't gently caress it up, it's probs worth the wait. I'm drat envious though. I'd love to re-experience that game blind.

treat
Jul 24, 2008

by the sex ghost

This is unbelievably cool

Lemon-Lime
Aug 6, 2009
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5c7sfPxreHo

Carpator Diei
Feb 26, 2011
Beautiful in the strangest way :allears:

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

shoeberto posted:

If they don't gently caress it up, it's probs worth the wait. I'm drat envious though. I'd love to re-experience that game blind.

I played SS1 (enhanced) last year and despite the age and needing to rebind some keys, it sure as gently caress has held up. I’m hoping SS2 is at least that good and the very little of it I played years ago suggests that it is.

Convex
Aug 19, 2010

ha this is great!

Serephina
Nov 8, 2005

恐竜戦隊
ジュウレンジャー
I'm actually surprised that they're making a SS2 remaster. The game still runs fine and it's trivial to mod in some higher resolution textures and widescreen support, or at least it was last time I played 5-10 years ago. If you enjoyed the SS1 remaster I'm sure you can just jump strait into SS2, the default jank should be lower iirc.

The Kins
Oct 2, 2004

Serephina posted:

I'm actually surprised that they're making a SS2 remaster. The game still runs fine and it's trivial to mod in some higher resolution textures and widescreen support, or at least it was last time I played 5-10 years ago. If you enjoyed the SS1 remaster I'm sure you can just jump strait into SS2, the default jank should be lower iirc.
The existing release uses NewDark, a closed-source source port (likely due to being based on leaked code) created by a pseudonymous French programmer who doesn't answer their emails. The aim of the Enhanced Edition is to provide modern platform compatibility and certain improvements they consider important (like functional multiplayer) without relying on something they have absolutely no control or influence over.

Shadow Hog
Feb 23, 2014

This is seriously impressive, but "gibs" has a soft G, dammit

Pennsylvanian
May 23, 2010

Hetman Bohdan Khmelnytsky Independent Presidential Regiment
Western Liberal Democracy or Death!

The Kins posted:

The existing release uses NewDark, a closed-source source port (likely due to being based on leaked code) created by a pseudonymous French programmer who doesn't answer their emails.

I love sentences like this.

chaosapiant
Oct 10, 2012

White Line Fever

I'm looking at that SS2 EE video posted above again and...is that VR? Are they making System Shock 2 VR compatible?

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
Yep, that's an Index controller. Immersive sims would probably be a great match for VR, if you could avoid having an irl heart attack from the horror elements.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Is there a Quake source port that unlocks the palette limit like modern Doom ports?

anatomi
Jan 31, 2015

Darkplaces. Possibly FTE as well.

JLaw
Feb 10, 2008

- harmless -
Any modern Quake engine supports true color textures.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Time to load up trenchbroom and take a prog dump, I’m making some TC quake maps.

Sir Lemming
Jan 27, 2009

It's a piece of JUNK!
I thought a prog dump was when you're in the bathroom for 45 minutes

Guillermus
Dec 28, 2009

This is really cool. It even makes me think on making simple maps some day and do that "create a real place in Duke3d" 90's thing.

I don't think I'll every try it but looks really fun :3:

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
I thought progdump got deleted from Twitch the other day

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

haveblue posted:

Yep, that's an Index controller. Immersive sims would probably be a great match for VR, if you could avoid having an irl heart attack from the horror elements.

lol one of the first mods that was released for the shoddy-but-workable Skyrim VR was to patch out the giant spiders, apparently if you had any kind of arachnophobia they were just too much.

I had double-fire-hand spells by that point so they never got close enough to upset me :twisted:

Rev. Melchisedech Howler
Sep 5, 2006

You know. Leather.

Sir Lemming posted:

I thought a prog dump was when you're in the bathroom for 45 minutes

It's the part of the 2nd-hand record shop where they put all the Yes albums.

al-azad
May 28, 2009

It's time for a new wave of boomer shooters inspired by Roger Dean art.

haveblue
Aug 15, 2005

Toilet Rascal
The spider in the Skyrim prologue/tutorial could have been scary if it didn't spend a few moments hovering in midair before falling down and attacking you

Al Cu Ad Solte
Nov 30, 2005
Searching for
a righteous cause
Only slightly related to classic FPSs but Machinegames is making an Indiana Jones game. Neat. I think?

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-reveals-a-new-indiana-jones-game-being-made-by-wolfenstein-studio-machinegames/

SeANMcBAY
Jun 28, 2006

Look on the bright side.

I was hoping they were working on another Wolfenstein. They certainly shouldn’t gently caress up the combat against nazis.

Spiderdrake
May 12, 2001

Maybe with Indiana Jones they'll do a nazi killing power fantasy that doesn't feel like a thin facade over a straight up nazi power fantasy, that'd be nice

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Youngblood blew chunks, but I'm somewhat optimistic for this

Twerk from Home
Jan 17, 2009

This avatar brought to you by the 'save our dead gay forums' foundation.
I want to sneak up on and stab some snakes.

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I would like youngblood 2 or wolf 3 but I suppose at least it shouldn't be bad

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?

Al Cu Ad Solte posted:

Only slightly related to classic FPSs but Machinegames is making an Indiana Jones game. Neat. I think?

https://www.pcgamer.com/bethesda-reveals-a-new-indiana-jones-game-being-made-by-wolfenstein-studio-machinegames/

Ok, I'm down.

drrockso20
May 6, 2013

Has Not Actually Done Cocaine

al-azad posted:

It's time for a new wave of boomer shooters inspired by Roger Dean art.

If we're talking about retro fantasy artists to draw inspiration from for a Boomer Shooter, than I'd want to see one use the works of Makoto Kobayashi, Kazuhisa Kondo, and Yutaka Izubuchi as their primary inspiration, give me a game that looks like Dragon's Heaven;

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4vqRjVQhjBw

al-azad
May 28, 2009

Jodorowsky's Doom

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad