Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The monster mats are all bad deals for non-whales since you can just farm them for free. So stick to one of xp books / mora / maybe enhancement crystals depending on what you need. (I don't know how they compare in resin-per-stardust, you'd have to do the math.)

The only monster mat I get is the Geovishap bone things, since I seem to run low on those (likely because you run into Geovishaps far less often than pretty much every other enemy type).

edit: IMO the Mora (even with the initial limited exchange rate) is a trap, since 300k (or whatever it is) isn't really a whole lot and costs a pretty significant amount of stardust

fabiopenz posted:

So I finally decided to start using childe. If I don't want to buy BP and my only 4* bows without an owner are favonius and the craftables is it worth it to roll one of the weapon gatchas?

If you're F2P (which is kind of implied by not getting the BP) I imagine it's probably not advised to roll on the weapon banner unless you're completely happy with the characters/constellations you have. Primos spent on that are basically an opportunity cost that could be going towards the character banner pity.

edit: I'm not as opposed to the weapon banner as most people in this thread seem to be, though. At this point I'd usually be happier with a random 4* weapon than I am a random 4* character, since there are a number of weapons that would be really nice to have or refine and I'm not really interested in using the 4* characters that I either don't have or have at low/zero constellation any time soon. Like I'd prefer another Sacrificial Sword or Rust to any other existing 4* character. Getting a 5* weapon is also very nice/useful since you're virtually guaranteed to end up using it.

No Wave posted:

If you want four out of five of the 4* weapons (realistic on the current banner) it's hard to get too screwed. But then the issue is you've then got pity built up for a banner you might not want to roll on again which feels like a waste.

I'm pretty sure that you're just referring to building up pity on the weapon banner specifically, but for anyone else reading it's probably worth clarifying that the pity would carry over between weapon banners. So it would only be wasted if you literally never roll on a weapon banner again.

Ytlaya fucked around with this message at 19:42 on Jan 10, 2021

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kater
Nov 16, 2010

the only thing worth doing is mora leylines never do anything else ever

MajorBonnet
May 28, 2009

How did I get here?
I only kill overworld mobs, using resin is P2W.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Added https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

To the OP, hope it'll help people! I am forever suspicious of genshin.gg since they were some of the biggest sources of the early tierlist nonsense and also they said ningguang is c tier

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!

Ytlaya posted:

The only monster mat I get is the Geovishap bone things, since I seem to run low on those (likely because you run into Geovishaps far less often than pretty much every other enemy type).

edit: IMO the Mora (even with the initial limited exchange rate) is a trap, since 300k (or whatever it is) isn't really a whole lot and costs a pretty significant amount of stardust
The mora maps to 60 stardust for 20 resin, which is roughly the same rate as Adventurer's Experience/Mystic Ore. Stardust just kind of sucks for everything but the wishes.

As for those bone shards, you're paying 15,000 mora per blue bone shard by buying it in the shop which I think is a very high valuation.

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Using bennett as a carry, do I want to be tapping or using charged attacks when possible? He's c4 now.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t
There is a field along Dragonspine mountain that has 2-3 of the Geovishaps 100 feet from each other, and I know the warp spot close to the artifact room in Liyue (west of the Wangshu Inn on the other side of the water) has one right by it. Usually the only farming route I take is that artifact room, so I usually get the Geovishap, the solo Fatui Skirmisher, and the 2 pigs and 2 fish between that warp and the artifact basement.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

No Wave posted:

The mora maps to 60 stardust for 20 resin, which is roughly the same rate as Adventurer's Experience/Mystic Ore. Stardust just kind of sucks for everything but the wishes.

As for those bone shards, you're paying 15,000 mora per blue bone shard by buying it in the shop which I think is a very high valuation.

The main factor here is that there isn't really as much of a need for additional Mora in the first place.

The evaluation would change significantly if I didn't have the BP, but the BP combined with other sources of Mora basically gives enough that there isn't much value to additional Mora, since I'm usually bottlenecked by something else. Bones, on the other hand, I would need to go out of my way to farm, since there isn't a "passive" source of them that you naturally get while playing.

kater
Nov 16, 2010

Mora evaporates when leveling artifacts or talents or anything at all.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Xun posted:

Added https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1gNxZ2xab1J6o1TuNVWMeLOZ7TPOqrsf3SshP5DLvKzI/htmlview

To the OP, hope it'll help people! I am forever suspicious of genshin.gg since they were some of the biggest sources of the early tierlist nonsense and also they said ningguang is c tier

genshin.gg is indeed garbage and nobody should use it. It's just absolutely littered with incorrect information and shows no signs of improving. The most glaringly obvious problem is that they don't seem to ever update descriptions for things such as character talents, weapon passives and artifact set bonuses. For example, on genshin.gg, Mona's burst description still has its incorrect description that claims that its damage bonus doesn't apply to itself, which is a bug that I believe was fixed about a week after the game's initial release (I think when this was fixed we got the the first ever apology primogems). Or go look at the Instructor artifact set's 4-piece set bonus description, which still has the incorrect wording it did prior to patch 1.1 (claims it's triggered by elemental skill rather than elemental reaction). Many weapon base attack numbers are wrong and so are some weapon substats. I could go on but I think I've proved my point. The wiki is far more reliable as a source for game data, and for build guides that spreadsheet seems pretty good.

TheFluff fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Jan 10, 2021

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

xedo posted:

Using bennett as a carry, do I want to be tapping or using charged attacks when possible? He's c4 now.

Always tap. The DPS from tapping is way higher because it hits much faster than the charged attacks, you can't get interrupted and in his Burst, the cooldown is 2 seconds.

Also, due to that cooldown, you can chain your Bursts with about 180% ER, which keeps your attack boost going.

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

xedo posted:

For his normal attacks or for his elemental skill? I don't think there's much of a reason to ever charge either, honestly, and definitely not the skill. The charges don't add enough damage to be worth the extra cooldown. The entire reason the skill is so good is the very short CD.

Nakar
Sep 2, 2002

Ultima Ratio Regum

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

The monster mats are all bad deals for non-whales since you can just farm them for free.
The monster mats are also bad deals for whales as they can farm them for free, and even faster (and I'm sure streamer whales are going to want to as it's more content). The non-limited shop stuff is just generally pretty lousy for value, even the mora (but the mora's worth more than anything else). Not that the limited stuff is much better but it's a balm for whales.

I would not recommend spending stardust on anything except maybe Blackcliff weapons if you really think you want/need one (you probably don't) and the characters that rotate every month. Starglitter mora is so-so but if you've whaled hard enough it's certainly a way to save resin by not doing leylines. You have to be an omegawhale for it to completely replace all other sources of mora though, the returns are bad.

Tae posted:

The biggest downside to weapon banners is that you literally can't guarantee a specific 5 star weapon, it's always at worst a 50/50 split. So you're spending 70-90 draws on maybe an Amos.
If you want both the weapons, or at least would accept either of them, and want at least most of the 4* weapons, I'd argue it's worth trying then. 75% chance of a 5* weapon that you'd enjoy and 4* weapons or refinements that you'd really like plus a lower pity threshold isn't bad. A weapon is also infinitely transferable, which might be nice if you end up hating a character. Leveled up Skyward Atlas for Mona and don't like her? Slide it over to Ningguang, or Lisa, or any new Catalyst character that catches your fancy. And weapons like the Wolf's Gravestone and Aquila Favonia are so good that it's kind of hard to imagine you'll never find a use for them.

At the very least, it sounds more sensible to me than a character banner where you have two or more C6s already. Ganyu banner could give me value in the 4* slot literally twice before it's a complete waste; if I didn't already have an Amos's Bow, I would consider this weapon banner far more appealing. But I do, so they're both a little gross.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

lol, I did a single pull on the weapon banner right now and pulled amos off banner. Uhhhhh, I'll take it, 0 reason to pull on the next one and guarantees an on banner if I want to later.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
Hooray, turns out I can solo Domain of Guyun 80 with a pyro DMG potion and an Adeptus Temptation boost and DEF toast and poo poo tons of HP food and praying my supports don't get one-shot while I play dodge the missiles waiting on the revive cooldown because Klee is made of paper

How do people bring an electro support to this fight and not have them instantly die? Is this a sign to grind Beidou up? Childe melts the pyro mage immediately and does great against grouped Ruin Guards in bursts, Sucrose seemed to be there only to die and her ult didn't even pop properly

Captain France
Aug 3, 2013

RareAcumen posted:

I didn't even do it because I ran out of gems, I was just ready to get a Serpent Spine and all those other extra resources from the battle pass.

Also I too am at C5 Fischl now. Better to get it now while I can than wait and expect her to show up while I'm trying to get something else like Ninggaung's been doing beforehand.

Battle pass probably would have been a better deal than $15 in gems with a first time bonus. On the other hand, C5 Fischl is one away from C6. I feel like I shouldn't complain, even if it's not what I wanted.

Speaking of, my latest "lucky but not a Sucrose constellation" pull from today's quests got me The Stringless. I assume that's better than Rust for Fischl unless I try to use her as a carry?

Tarezax
Sep 12, 2009

MORT cancels dance: interrupted by MORT

zgrowler2 posted:

Hooray, turns out I can solo Domain of Guyun 80 with a pyro DMG potion and an Adeptus Temptation boost and DEF toast and poo poo tons of HP food and praying my supports don't get one-shot while I play dodge the missiles waiting on the revive cooldown because Klee is made of paper

How do people bring an electro support to this fight and not have them instantly die? Is this a sign to grind Beidou up? Childe melts the pyro mage immediately and does great against grouped Ruin Guards in bursts, Sucrose seemed to be there only to die and her ult didn't even pop properly

Wait for the top level of the domain, it's actually much easier.

1 Ruin Hunter + 2 hilichurls, then 2 ice abyss mages

Qwertycoatl
Dec 31, 2008

zgrowler2 posted:

It's pyro that hurts you there. Electro is fine

Lechtansi
Mar 23, 2004

Item Get

fabiopenz posted:

So I finally decided to start using childe. If I don't want to buy BP and my only 4* bows without an owner are favonius and the craftables is it worth it to roll one of the weapon gatchas?

I know you said you don't want to buy BP, but there's no way you could roll his good bow with $10 worth of primogems and you get a LOT for your :10bux: for the BP. Getting one of his BIS weapons is just a bonus to all the other good stuff you get.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Gonna say it again.

The BP needs more levels or something.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Captain France posted:

Battle pass probably would have been a better deal than $15 in gems with a first time bonus. On the other hand, C5 Fischl is one away from C6. I feel like I shouldn't complain, even if it's not what I wanted.

Speaking of, my latest "lucky but not a Sucrose constellation" pull from today's quests got me The Stringless. I assume that's better than Rust for Fischl unless I try to use her as a carry?

I got way too lucky on Sucrose when someone said that her C1 was integral to making her work in any fashion so I did a 10 pull on the Albedo and standard banner and got her on both of them and Fischl C4 at the time.

I think I have a Rust too now, I know I've also got a Stringless on Fishcl right now.

I hope you get Sucrose soon, I think it took me 60 pulls to finally get Choungyun from the Zhongli one. I'm just going to wait and buy his and Bennet's C1 from the shop once it appears so I don't end up gemless again, because scrounging for every primogem I could get just for a wish felt awful and I don't want to do that ever again.

Choungyun aside, I had amazing luck on Zhongli's banner. Got him and Xinyan immediately from a 10 pull. And then it took 30 pulls to get Albedo from this one.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

Tarezax posted:

Wait for the top level of the domain, it's actually much easier.

1 Ruin Hunter + 2 hilichurls, then 2 ice abyss mages

Qwertycoatl posted:

It's pyro that hurts you there. Electro is fine

Thanks for the tips!! I can move to Guyun VI and try switching from Klee / Childe / Fischl / Bennett to Ning / Childe / Fischl / uhhhh Bennett? Switching off Pyro DPS is easier than switching off Bennett as a healer. He does have 215% ER, though, so I should still have good uptime on the heal.

theblackw0lf
Apr 15, 2003

"...creating a vision of the sort of society you want to have in miniature"
Thanks to the banner and the shop I got my C6 Fischl. Started this wish period at Fischl C1 and got really super lucky with my wishes.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

theblackw0lf posted:

Thanks to the banner and the shop I got my C6 Fischl. Started this wish period at Fischl C1 and got really super lucky with my wishes.

:thumbsup: (unironically)

just pulled Fischl C5 and already got the shop one. Don't wanna risk Albedo C1 with a pity counter around 60. looks like the long wait for me

xedo
Nov 7, 2011

Some Numbers posted:

Always tap. The DPS from tapping is way higher because it hits much faster than the charged attacks, you can't get interrupted and in his Burst, the cooldown is 2 seconds.

Also, due to that cooldown, you can chain your Bursts with about 180% ER, which keeps your attack boost going.

Thanks! I had actually forgotten the skill could charge, and his c4 buffs that charge ability, so I thought it might be a game-changer. Will blissfully ignore.

RPATDO_LAMD
Mar 22, 2013

🐘🪠🍆

xedo posted:

Thanks! I had actually forgotten the skill could charge, and his c4 buffs that charge ability, so I thought it might be a game-changer. Will blissfully ignore.

Charging it is better for shield-busting, if you can get away with it.

Ytlaya
Nov 13, 2005

kater posted:

Mora evaporates when leveling artifacts or talents or anything at all.

It evaporates, but then it regenerates almost as fast. I always seem to have almost exactly as much as I need and it's almost always some other resource that bottlenecks me.

The BP is basically single-handed responsible for this, though, since it gives literally like 2M Mora or something. Without it Mora would definitely be a problem. The only time I ever run low on Mora is in the couple weeks before buying the BP (which I wait to do until I'm at rank 40+, so I'll be getting it again sometime this week probably since I just hit 39). But when I get it again I'll be flush and have more than enough to do the things I've been holding off on.

The Atomic Man-Boy
Jul 23, 2007

AG3 posted:

I hate the "make friendly banter with Hillchurls" commissions because it deposits suspicious steaks that I can't get rid of unless I purposefully get someone killed, repeatedly. Why on earth would I use the worst possible resurrect food in any combat situation where I actually needed to resurrect someone in order to win?

I love doing this quest because some stupid loving nerd on the English localization team decided to name the girl "Ella Musk" in an obvious nod to Elon Musk.

In keeping with the theme, I just pull out my Klee and start chucking cluster munitions at them, just to remind them that all plans involving Elon Musk invariably end in fiery death for the end user :tesla:

CJ
Jul 3, 2007

Asbungold
I just watched Tectone's Ganyu banner video where he said it's not good for F2P because 2 of the characters are given for free. How are other F2P players' 4* rosters looking? I would assume that most people have nearly all the 4* characters by now given that they've all been on banners. I just need Xingqiu and i'll have them all. It seems like a weird reason not to pull unless you just started playing, in which case you could probably make good use of Xingling and Noelle constellations. Also Xingqiu has the book passive which is really useful if you're F2P because it improves resin efficiency.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire
Like yeah Noelle and Xiangling are free. At C0. Constellations are good.

I've bought the 30 day gems twice now, but given that I have 8k gems saved for the next banner I technically haven't done more pulls than F2P get. I've pulled 3 5-stars (Klee, Albedo, Wolf's Gravestone) and I'm only missing 2 4-stars (I lack Razor and Ningguang). It's absurd to claim the banner isn't good for F2P because if you've been playing since launch you'd have like 250+ pulls F2P.

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

CJ posted:

I just watched Tectone's Ganyu banner video where he said it's not good for F2P because 2 of the characters are given for free. How are other F2P players' 4* rosters looking? I would assume that most people have nearly all the 4* characters by now given that they've all been on banners. I just need Xingqiu and i'll have them all. It seems like a weird reason not to pull unless you just started playing, in which case you could probably make good use of Xingling and Noelle constellations. Also Xingqiu has the book passive which is really useful if you're F2P because it improves resin efficiency.

I'm f2p and missing blue book boy and dog boy but the latter's my fault really. he was in the store early on (maybe at launch even?) but I wasn't sure what was smart to buy at that point

would have to imagine the big difference between niap and iap players are constellations, at least when you're talking about 4* characters. I'm only close to c6 on xianling (c5) and fischl (c4)

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!
Listening to Tectone on playing the game is your first mistake, dude is a whale who hasn't done all the content yet

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

You will eventually get all 4*s at the slow rate they are releasing them. You roll on banners for constellations and their 5*.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Imo getting a 4* you use a lot to C6 is absolutely worth it.

Pain of Mind
Jul 10, 2004
You are receiving this broadcast as a dream...We are transmitting from the year one nine... nine nine ...You are receiving this broadcast in order t

CJ posted:

I am entirely FTP, have not bought a single BP or Welkin or whatever. I started playing in early Oct. I have 33 4* characters, just counting 4* characters and constellations (not counting Traveler, but including free characters and from events). I have 85 rolls worth of primogems or already shop bought wishes, so figure I could have ~ 5+ more depending on how many weapons I end up getting. Assuming the character archive is up to date, I am missing 2 4* characters (Beidou and Diona). Was Diona initially planned to be a 5*? She is up with all the other 5 stars on my archive.

If anything, I would rather get constellations of characters I use rather than random characters I don't unless they have a good talent like Xingqiu. Give me another Barbara constellation over Beidou please.

Pain of Mind fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Jan 11, 2021

Tae
Oct 24, 2010

Hello? Can you hear me? ...Perhaps if I shout? AAAAAAAAAH!

MarcusSA posted:

*Does not apply to Bennet or arguably Razor for certain domains*

BlackPersona
Oct 21, 2012

CJ posted:

I only started playing about a month ago or so, still FTP, and the only 4* characters I'm missing are Beidou and Xingqiu. I kind of want another Hydro character that isn't Barbara, so Ganyu's banner is looking pretty good in my books, all things told.

Though, while we're on the subject of that banner, I've seen a few people in here say that Noelle is pretty good, but I kind of left her behind early on in favor of some other characters. As someone whose hardly played her, what makes her good?

S.J.
May 19, 2008

Just who the hell do you think we are?

MarcusSA posted:

Agreed

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BlackPersona posted:

I only started playing about a month ago or so, still FTP, and the only 4* characters I'm missing are Beidou and Xingqiu. I kind of want another Hydro character that isn't Barbara, so Ganyu's banner is looking pretty good in my books, all things told.

Though, while we're on the subject of that banner, I've seen a few people in here say that Noelle is pretty good, but I kind of left her behind early on in favor of some other characters. As someone whose hardly played her, what makes her good?

Decent shield, great survivability, partial healer, you can feed your DEF artifacts into her and once she's C6 she'll convert DEF into dmg heavily, great cover of her burst.

She's not brokenly good, but she's a good support if you need to stay alive for a bit and your char is squishy. Using her shield and then switching into DPS is how 90 % of my domains start and for someone like Klee it's super valuable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

I was f2p all the up to missing Diona, Beidou and then most of the limited 5* like Venti, Tartaglia and Klee. I still don't have Mona or Jean either but I've been wildly lucky on these banners outside of that.

Not having only 5 characters at the end of the day is pretty crazy.

Edit: I lucked in and picked the game up on like the 9th of October or something though so I got a ton of gems as they were fixing things too.

RareAcumen fucked around with this message at 04:42 on Jan 11, 2021