Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
?
This poll is closed.
Yes 62 44.93%
No 76 55.07%
Total: 138 votes
[Edit Poll (moderators only)]

pkells
Sep 14, 2007

King of Klatch

Mr. Nice! posted:

...First is about trying to gently caress with the election in Georgia...

I'm glad they remembered, because I sure as gently caress forgot about that.

Also, that was a week ago...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Tiny Timbs
Sep 6, 2008

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So on a scale of hosed to they’ve gone to plaid hosed...how hosed are these 25 people?

This makes me wonder if there might eventually be a crackdown on the insane, violent chud talk that service members openly get up to on Facebook and other sites:

quote:

The Pentagon also has been asked to review all members who will be a part of the security detail for next week's inauguration ceremony to ensure the are "not sympathetic to domestic terrorists," Crow said.

It was already amped up under Trump, who was actively stoking extremism. What's it going to look like when a democrat takes office, a minority is VPOTUS, and Trump is still talking poo poo from the sidelines from whatever outlet he can find?

Tiny Timbs fucked around with this message at 02:09 on Jan 11, 2021

fknlo
Jul 6, 2009

Fun Shoe
https://twitter.com/Bencjacobs/status/1348343227645091840?s=20

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
So for 14/3. I know to remove the disabilities it’s 2/3 majority, but how many votes are required to actually expel a member? Either under that section or just under normal house rules?

Stultus Maximus
Dec 21, 2009

USPOL May

MazelTovCocktail posted:

AOC is moving ahead with 14/3. Congrats Trump in the past few years you’ve made me like AOC. And not in the Ben Shapiro wants to steal her shoes way.

https://www.nytimes.com/live/2021/0...rt-the-election

:same:

Defenestrategy
Oct 24, 2010

MazelTovCocktail posted:

So for 14/3. I know to remove the disabilities it’s 2/3 majority, but how many votes are required to actually expel a member? Either under that section or just under normal house rules?

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artI-S5-C2-2/ALDE_00001042/

"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member."

So 290 or 67 depending on the chamber.

Defenestrategy fucked around with this message at 02:25 on Jan 11, 2021

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Everything's gonna be A-OK
Oven Wrangler
Pretty unlikely to succeed then right? I mean they should still do it but between the decorum obsessed Dems and Republicans protecting their own it seems like a long shot.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Defenestrategy posted:

https://constitution.congress.gov/browse/essay/artI-S5-C2-2/ALDE_00001042/

"Each House may determine the Rules of its Proceedings, punish its Members for disorderly Behaviour, and, with the Concurrence of two thirds, expel a Member."

So 290 or 67 depending on the chamber.

Thanks, I figured it was a hell of a lot easier to do during the civil war (members not showing up and all). Honestly I really need to read a book on Congress during the Civil War, along with Lincoln and Civil Liberties (which I have a title or two to check out), they’re two really fascinating things that areas that often get footnoted.

my kinda ape posted:

Pretty unlikely to succeed then right? I mean they should still do it but between the decorum obsessed Dems and Republicans protecting their own it seems like a long shot.

I could see a few super egregious members getting it...or more likely being heavily encouraged to resign. Censure I think is far more likely. Of course watch those idiots be proud of it.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof
:drat:

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Fallom posted:

This makes me wonder if there might eventually be a crackdown on the insane, violent chud talk that service members openly get up to on Facebook

There’s an officer I sent info for to CI and FBI. She’s being kicked out already, but she paid for two buses of rioters to the capitol then openly challenged the NC AG on her support for the insurrection calling him a corrupt nazi.

bengy81
May 8, 2010
In slightly more degenerate news:

https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3955024&pagenumber=1&perpage=40

PiTR is open for business again!

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

There’s an officer I sent info for to CI and FBI. She’s being kicked out already, but she paid for two buses of rioters to the capitol then openly challenged the NC AG on her support for the insurrection calling him a corrupt nazi.

Holy poo poo :stare:

NC NG? Because that wouldn’t surprise me in the least.

e: how does one report to army CI? Is there an easy method akin to tips.fbi.gov? Because I’ve used that a fair bit these last few days :smith:

Pine Cone Jones
Dec 6, 2009

You throw me the acorn, I throw you the whip!

Icon Of Sin posted:

e: how does one report to army CI? Is there an easy method akin to tips.fbi.gov? Because I’ve used that a fair bit these last few days :smith:

Same question but for Navy civ's.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Oh boy...that should be some fun reading (gambling is fun...but only when it’s for amounts that get filed under fun and disposable...not mortgage and/or child support.)

Marshal Prolapse fucked around with this message at 03:02 on Jan 11, 2021

Nystral
Feb 6, 2002

Every man likes a pretty girl with him at a skeleton dance.

MazelTovCocktail posted:

Oh boy...that should be some fun reading (gambling is fun...but only when it’s for amounts that get filed under fun and disposable...not mortgage and/or child support.

I hope Jace1 posts there. His amounts tend to start at 4 figures and go up from there. The football crowd is largely in the tens to hundreds range.

BaconAndBullets
Feb 25, 2011

Icon Of Sin posted:

You can report to Army CI through 1-800-call spy, iSalute on AKO, or stopping in your friendly Army CI field office; however, most of these chuds won't fall underneath Army CI jurisdiction. There needs to be a foreign nexus for Army CI to get truly involved, now that doesn't mean nothing will happen with it, they'll have to pass the info off to CID or the MPs.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Nystral posted:

I hope Jace1 posts there. His amounts tend to start at 4 figures and go up from there. The football crowd is largely in the tens to hundreds range.

Oh yeah his MMA stuff is legend too.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Anyone know what's going down in the Q Canon during these fun times?

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

bulletsponge13 posted:

Anyone know what's going down in the Q Canon during these fun times?

https://twitter.com/oneunderscore__/status/1348331648279060482

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016

Man I dunno.

You had to have known he was like this.

But thanks.

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

boop the snoot posted:

Man I dunno.

But thanks.

Someone wasn’t paying alimony.

boop the snoot
Jun 3, 2016
I guess I’m being a jerk because I have relatives who have changed into radical trump supporters from normal people in the last five years.

It’s sad to think about how fast they turned into just utterly horrible people (or at the very felt comfortable being themselves).

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

boop the snoot posted:

I guess I’m being a jerk because I have relatives who have changed into radical trump supporters from normal people in the last five years.

It’s sad to think about how fast they turned into just utterly horrible people (or at the very felt comfortable being themselves).

The conservative media sphere (especially Facebook and to a slightly lesser extent other social media) is insanely corrosive. Any person consistently exposed to it who doesn't see it as evil is going to turn into an insane rear end in a top hat eventually. It's a cooperative brainwashing machine.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

my kinda ape posted:

The conservative media sphere (especially Facebook and to a slightly lesser extent other social media) is insanely corrosive. Any person consistently exposed to it who doesn't see it as evil is going to turn into an insane rear end in a top hat eventually. It's a cooperative brainwashing machine.

It's really weird, I've seen people go from "everyone is really a decent person!" to "Muslims are killing us all and antifa is a chinese invention" in like 2 years. Hyper feedback loop.

We call the people who do that in the UK that I've seen alot of "the cosmic right", old hippies that suddenly go turbo mental. Me and my partner have lost many friends to that poo poo at this point. Only thing I can think of is they were basically like that in the first place, just never got tested.

Oxygenpoisoning
Feb 21, 2006

Icon Of Sin posted:

Active duty Psyop. She’s getting kicked out for breaking quarantine during the spring the failing to go to two court appearances. She’s a crazy person through and through.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/southern-pines-woman-banned-from-playground-facing-charges-after-removing-caution-tape/19117254/

I knew a CI agent from my time at Bragg. I also know a CI agent at my current station. I put requests in at both Bragg, where she is stationed and where I am at now. Luckily about 8 or 9 other officers did the same. Hopefully she spends some time in Leavenworth.

my kinda ape
Sep 15, 2008

Oven Wrangler

Hexyflexy posted:

Only thing I can think of is they were basically like that in the first place, just never got tested.

A large amount of the population, probably the majority, maybe even the vast majority, will be molded by a constant narrative push as long as they are even slightly predisposed to the message in the first place. They'll start off on the edge and sink deeper and deeper until they're full cultist.

Icon Of Sin
Dec 26, 2008

Oxygenpoisoning posted:

Active duty Psyop. She’s getting kicked out for breaking quarantine during the spring the failing to go to two court appearances. She’s a crazy person through and through.

https://www.wral.com/coronavirus/southern-pines-woman-banned-from-playground-facing-charges-after-removing-caution-tape/19117254/

I knew a CI agent from my time at Bragg. I also know a CI agent at my current station. I put requests in at both Bragg, where she is stationed and where I am at now. Luckily about 8 or 9 other officers did the same. Hopefully she spends some time in Leavenworth.

Could've just said "Southern Pines", no other context needed. I have family not too far from there who seem to be convinced that dropping racial slurs is a fun and rewarding hobby.

...I've seen them twice in the last 3-4 years, if I ever see them again it'll be an accident.

Hot Karl Marx
Mar 16, 2009

Politburo regulations about social distancing require to downgrade your Karlmarxing to cold, and sorry about the dnc primaries, please enjoy!
edit wrong thread

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Goodman for Gipmore

Also Vickers

Yeah let's idolize more loving cops

Comrade Blyatlov
Aug 4, 2007

should have picked four fingers

Take a chill pill or something dude jesus

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

my kinda ape posted:

A large amount of the population, probably the majority, maybe even the vast majority, will be molded by a constant narrative push as long as they are even slightly predisposed to the message in the first place. They'll start off on the edge and sink deeper and deeper until they're full cultist.

Good point, but I'm not that optimistic.

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

EBB
Feb 15, 2005

you are not immune to my posting

FUCKFACE MORON
Apr 23, 2010

by sebmojo
Garfield was most definitely a chud

facialimpediment
Feb 11, 2005

as the world turns

boop the snoot posted:

Man I dunno.

But thanks.

I figured it was good enough stand-alone comedy by itself. Like a Lieutenant Colonel getting identified because of his ex-wife of 18 years is just LTC af. Extra bonus that he went all wingnut over time.

UP THE BUM NO BABY
Sep 1, 2011

by Hand Knit

Comrade Blyatlov posted:

Take a chill pill or something dude jesus

gently caress no, not when it comes to how extraordinarily lovely American cops are. Grats to dude for not shooting people, I guess.

CRUSTY MINGE
Mar 30, 2011

Peggy Hill
Foot Connoisseur
I feel like gipmore is more spiritual heroes, less socially labelled ones.

Who has gipmore.jpg? Who's even on it anymore?

If you want to memorialize cops, make Mt. SurprisinglyNotABadCop or whatever. I do not endorse this, however.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Nick Jr. Face posted:

Garfield was most definitely a chud

On the side of Big Lasagne

Marshal Prolapse
Jun 23, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

Vinning or Sgt Chow down probably.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Midjack
Dec 24, 2007

CRUSTY MINGE posted:

If you want to memorialize cops, make Mt. SurprisinglyNotABadCop or whatever. I do not endorse this, however.

This was the last thread about it: https://forums.somethingawful.com/showthread.php?threadid=3916128