Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EasilyConfused
Nov 21, 2009

one strong toad

Arsenic Lupin posted:

"Not worth a warm bucket of piss" is the official phrase, I believe.

John Nance Garner, U.S. Vice-President, 1933-1941 posted:

Not worth a bucket of warm piss

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

OwlFancier posted:

I thought it was the trainers.

Nobody on earth looks good in skinny jeans/leggings and trainers it makes you look like a skittle.

Jeans maybe not but leggings gently caress yeah.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Yeah, vice presidents never have to make decisions with huge impacts on society, especially not vice presidents for FDR.

Cirrhosis Johnson
Jan 9, 2014
Both of the covers look nice. Anyone complaining about this is a terminally online broken-brained weirdo who needs to permanently log off.

ultrafilter
Aug 23, 2007

It's okay if you have any questions.

Because it's only a problem if you see right away that it's a problem, right?

Enemabag Jones
Mar 24, 2015

My god what if Kamala Harris looked awkward and unappealing

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
lol if you don’t want a three way with Kamala and Joe

Bottom Liner
Feb 15, 2006

a specific vein of lasagna

ultrafilter posted:

Because it's only a problem if you see right away that it's a problem, right?

What’s the problem? I’ll wait.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Skwirl posted:

Yeah, vice presidents never have to make decisions with huge impacts on society, especially not vice presidents for FDR.
The question is, what do you do while you're waiting for the President to die? Some Presidents make a point of keeping the veep up-to-date with government business so they're ready to take over. Others don't; IIRC Roosevelt was one of these. I refer you to Tom Lehrer's "Whatever became of Hubert?" [Humphrey, for those of you who aren't old.]

quote:

Does Lyndon, recalling when he was VP
Say "I'll do unto them what they did unto me"?
Are you thinking of staging a coup?
Hubert, what happened to you?

rodbeard
Jul 21, 2005

The 50-50 split in the senate means Kamala actually has something to do from the get go because VP breaks ties in the senate for some reason. Also Biden is going to be sworn in at the same age as Reagan was when he left so waiting for the president to die doesn't seem like a bad position to be in.

Boywhiz88
Sep 11, 2005

floating 26" off da ground. BURR!
I think we’ll see Queen Elizabeth pass out of “nowhere” this year. It’s just the funniest thing that can happen to England post-COVID and Brexit.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.
Plus Cheney had a huge amount of power as VP, Pence probably had as much power as anyone who wasn't Trump, was in charge of the COVID response. At the very least Harris is gonna be in every national security meeting in case the worst happens, and if Biden isn't running in four years she's gonna want stuff she can point to as Executive branch stuff to contrast with the Senators and Reps who might run who'll have a bunch of clips of them arguing for popular legislation that Joe Manchin ends up killing.

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

This particularly rapid💨 unintelligible 😖patter💁 isn't generally heard🧏‍♂️, and if it is🤔, it doesn't matter💁.

Pence had a lot less power than Jared or Ivanka; who had charge of COVID response varied from minute to minute. Cheney basically was President, with Bush as hand puppet. The claim was that Obama and Biden worked closely together.

I"m pretty much assuming that Harris will be President by the next election, just because the Presidency is such a famously draining job; compare the pictures of Clinton or Obama between their first election and their second.

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

Boywhiz88 posted:

I think we’ll see Queen Elizabeth pass out of “nowhere” this year. It’s just the funniest thing that can happen to England post-COVID and Brexit.

If that’s the ‘funniest’ thing then wow we got off east

1stGear
Jan 16, 2010

Here's to the new us.
The actual funniest thing is for Scotland and Northern Ireland to pass independence referendums. I lust for Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson's dipshit political stunt to destroy the United Kingdom.

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

https://twitter.com/bitburner/status/1348558563019427842

Platystemon
Feb 13, 2012

BREADS

mlnhd posted:

The Vice President doesn’t have any authority to subvert.

Outside of a soft coup, that is.

Kaiju Cage Match
Nov 5, 2012

Henchman of Santa posted:

Liberals love that she wears chucks though! That's supposed to be relatable!

When Kamala wears Chucks and Timberland boots on the campaign trail she's a "slay queen" but when someone else does it they're an "immature idiot"

Content:

(Lorenzomofo is not the idiot)

Also another instance of a chud's mask slipping off (lol they never wear one anyway)

Edgar Allen Ho
Apr 3, 2017

by sebmojo
Goddam I want the Biden/Harris administration from the chuds’ fever dreams

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?

OwlFancier posted:

Nobody on earth looks good in skinny jeans/leggings and trainers it makes you look like a skittle.

What kind of Skittles have you been eating?

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

Maybe means the anthropomorphic M&Ms from the commercial?

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

I was once confused by a book (I think it was Indian in the Cupboard) talking about fighting off a bunch of attackers and "sending them flying like skittles from his flashing fists"

It took years and the advent of the internet for me to learn that skittles are like bowling pins, and the candy is named after them

Wikipedia was not even a help in the early days

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Skittles_(sport)

Pope Corky the IX
Dec 18, 2006

What are you looking at?
What the gently caress

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

EL BROMANCE posted:

Maybe means the anthropomorphic M&Ms from the commercial?

Bowling pin, if you're american.

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

OwlFancier posted:

Bowling pin, if you're american.

I’m a Brit, so I know what skittles the sport is but can’t see how someone in leggings and trainers resembles that. I said M&Ms because their characters are exactly as described.

Desk Lamp
Jun 30, 2014

Pastry of the Year posted:

Not only are YouTube comments valid, they are such a rich vein of stupidity and derangement that I'm frankly surprised they don't show up in this thread more often.

I know this is probably one of the most political threads in PYF, and "idiots on social media" seems to work out to "dogshit political takes on Twitter," but it doesn't have to be.

Like the name of this Facebook group!

This is from quite a few pages back but... whatever happened to The Funny Man With The Jokes and Laughing?

Mega Comrade
Apr 22, 2004

Listen buddy, we all got problems!
I used to love playing skittles as a child down the local pub on a Sunday. Sadly when it got franchised they removed all the old pub games to make room for more tables.

Only games you can play in there now is darts and the gambling machines.

TinTower
Apr 21, 2010

You don't have to 8e a good person to 8e a hero.
https://twitter.com/jim_jordan/status/1347943218902691842?s=21

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

The disappointing thing isn't that Republicans are saying things like this, the disappointing thing is going to be the extent to which it works.

Vindolanda
Feb 13, 2012

It's just like him too, y'know?

Mega Comrade posted:

Only games you can play in there now is darts and the gambling machines.

That’s a very Drunken Bakers line somehow.

Dienes
Nov 4, 2009

dee
doot doot dee
doot doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot
doot doot dee
dee doot doot

College Slice

Desk Lamp posted:

This is from quite a few pages back but... whatever happened to The Funny Man With The Jokes and Laughing?

Its still alive. It started sharing minions and lifehacks and then abruptly stopped posting in July 2020. :ohdear:

Weatherman
Jul 30, 2003

WARBLEKLONK

Americans should be prohibited from using the word "heal" or "healing" unless they're medical personnel. "It's time to come together and heal" is an automatic life sentence.

Data Graham
Dec 28, 2009

📈📊🍪😋

Their constant harping on cancel culture is having a bit of a crying-wolf effect in my ears too for that matter.

Yeah Gym, maybe don’t liken an insurrection on the Capitol to your favorite comedian losing his bean endorsement deal over rape charges

OwlFancier
Aug 22, 2013

Can't believe they canceled the south for insurrection during the civil war. The woke mob really is out of control.

Cocaine Bear
Nov 4, 2011

ACAB

I stubbed my toes this morning. Cancel Culture strikes again!

Hellblazer187
Oct 12, 2003

I don't even find the cover they went with that bad, although the one her staff approved looks better. I don't know about racist, or undermining, or all that - but I do kind of feel like if her staff was like "we approve this one" and Vogue goes "OK cool" and then just prints the shittier one anyways, that's pretty unprofessional to say the least.

Re: Harris's authority as VP, this varies from administration to administration, but in any event in her role as president of the senate I expect she'll be making so tie breaking votes, which is important.

Hellblazer187 has a new favorite as of 19:38 on Jan 11, 2021

Runcible Cat
May 28, 2007

Ignoring this post

Boywhiz88 posted:

Funnier if Charlie kicks the bucket first after all these years of waiting to be King.

1stGear posted:

The actual funniest thing is for Scotland and Northern Ireland to pass independence referendums. I lust for Nigel Farage and Boris Johnson's dipshit political stunt to destroy the United Kingdom.

:same:

Arsenic Lupin
Apr 12, 2012

And Wales! Complete the set!

I vote for the Queen and Prince Charles to perish together in a painless cataclysm. QE because it will break her heart to become the Queen of England, and Prince Charles because he's a whiner.

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

Arsenic Lupin posted:

And Wales! Complete the set!

I vote for the Queen and Prince Charles to perish together in a painless cataclysm. QE because it will break her heart to become the Queen of England, and Prince Charles because he's a whiner.

What about QE dies the same night the referendum/s pass, and Charles lives just long enough to be crowned the first king of England in 500 years.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

christmas boots
Oct 15, 2012

To these sing-alongs 🎤of siren 🧜🏻‍♀️songs
To oohs😮 to ahhs😱 to 👏big👏applause👏
With all of my 😡anger I scream🤬 and shout📢
🇺🇸America🦅, I love you 🥰but you're freaking 💦me 😳out
Biscuit Hider

there wolf posted:

What about QE dies the same night the referendum/s pass, and Charles lives just long enough to be crowned the first king of England in 500 years.

Mid-coronation, but before he's officially crowned.