Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

It’s like they’re all a bunch of idiots. Almost seems like they had to try to make their site that insecure. Not to mention anyone dumb enough to trust these morons with pictures of their driver’s license.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

iwentdoodie posted:

Double post don't care.

Does anyone in the entire chud side know what basic infosec is? Jesus

https://twitter.com/bitburner/status/1348558563019427842?s=19

I was going to post this this morning but got distracted.

Long story short: Parler's email authentication went down, so people were able to log in without verification, and then gain access to the admin backend, create millions of admin accounts, and start a data dump of everyone's posts, drivers licenses, and photos with EXIF data.

https://twitter.com/TruthAcquirer/status/1348552262746927104?s=19

Samadhi fucked around with this message at 14:22 on Jan 11, 2021

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

woke up with some new letters besides my name

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

Good for you Fiz

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

I know new year weight loss goals, and wanting to work out seem to fail a lot, but I really need to lose some weight. I'm about at the weight I started with last year, but I had managed to lose 6 pounds over the year, and then I just put it back on, but I didn't really stick to a regimen or diet or anything. I'm essentially tied for the heaviest I've ever been, and while I'm not huge, I really want to get back to the weight I was at like 5-6 years ago.

I think I just need to be way better at holding myself accountable. I think what I mostly need to cut out is lots of mid-day snacking, and I'm going to eliminate drinking during the week. Hardest thing will be to stay motivated to exercise. I was good for the first 4-5 months last year and then work and life stress kicked into high gear and I just stopped. I'm giving my self a goal to lose 15 pounds by June 1st, which is like 3/4 of a pound per week, so I don't have to kill myself dieting, but I definitely need to stay conscience of how much I'm eating.

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

FizFashizzle posted:

hell yeah man

that's awesome. you worked your rear end off for that!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats man!

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

FizFashizzle posted:

Dude, it's PA

(congrats!)

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I just want y'all to know this exists now :balldo:

Also gently caress yeah Fiz that rules!

Coco13
Jun 6, 2004

My advice to you is to start drinking heavily.
Congrats Fiz!

Bird in a Blender posted:

I know new year weight loss goals, and wanting to work out seem to fail a lot, but I really need to lose some weight. I'm about at the weight I started with last year, but I had managed to lose 6 pounds over the year, and then I just put it back on, but I didn't really stick to a regimen or diet or anything. I'm essentially tied for the heaviest I've ever been, and while I'm not huge, I really want to get back to the weight I was at like 5-6 years ago.

I think I just need to be way better at holding myself accountable. I think what I mostly need to cut out is lots of mid-day snacking, and I'm going to eliminate drinking during the week. Hardest thing will be to stay motivated to exercise. I was good for the first 4-5 months last year and then work and life stress kicked into high gear and I just stopped. I'm giving my self a goal to lose 15 pounds by June 1st, which is like 3/4 of a pound per week, so I don't have to kill myself dieting, but I definitely need to stay conscience of how much I'm eating.

This is about where I'm at. I managed to keep Dry January going last week even with a coup attempt, so the next 20 days will be pretty downhill. Excercising's been tough because running in Wisconsin right now suuuuucks, Make sure to keep enough veggies around to make salads regularly and if you have cheat days, make sure they're "biscuit breakfast sandwich" and not "the rest of the pizza."

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Bout goddamn time fiz

Coco13 posted:

This is about where I'm at. I managed to keep Dry January going last week even with a coup attempt, so the next 20 days will be pretty downhill. Excercising's been tough because running in Wisconsin right now suuuuucks, Make sure to keep enough veggies around to make salads regularly and if you have cheat days, make sure they're "biscuit breakfast sandwich" and not "the rest of the pizza."

I'm doing dry January also. Had a couple beers Saturday because my buddy brought them over, but thats been it since Dec.

I wasn't even drinking heavily, but it was a consistent 2 to 3 drinks a day. Hasn't been an issue not drinking, other than I am an absolutely horrible sober sleeper.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

ZuluDashOne posted:

I just want y'all to know this exists now :balldo:

Also gently caress yeah Fiz that rules!

:balldo:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

Congrats man! Guess you got above 25% or whatever right after all!

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

shirts and skins posted:

Congrats man! Guess you got above 25% or whatever right after all!

drat straight!

I was in the middle which is fine. I honestly thought I did better but who cares.

harperdc
Jul 24, 2007

FizFashizzle posted:

Hell yeah congrats

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

I don't know how anybody over 27 can drink with any frequency at all while keeping their weight under control. Calorie wise, a handful of beers can be like half a loaf of bread.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

FizFashizzle posted:

drat straight!

I was in the middle which is fine. I honestly thought I did better but who cares.

When it's pass/fail based on a minimum score then the closer you are to that minimum the less work you have wasted.

Looking at you, bar exam

Ornery and Hornery
Oct 22, 2020

shirts and skins posted:

When it's pass/fail based on a minimum score then the closer you are to that minimum the less work you have wasted.

Looking at you, bar exam

This seems like a really bad way to approach professional development.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Ornery and Hornery posted:

I don't know how anybody over 27 can drink with any frequency at all while keeping their weight under control. Calorie wise, a handful of beers can be like half a loaf of bread.

Mostly I just have one beer a night during the week, and then I'd have 1-3 drinks on the weekend. So I figure if I can cut out like 6 drinks a week, that's like 700 calories right there. I'll probably still have a couple drinks on the weekend. The other thing is that all of the chocolate and candies from the holidays are finally out of my house, and then I just need to restrict how much dessert I eat. That last part isn't easy when my wife bakes like all the time.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

This seems like a really bad way to approach professional development.

Continuing education is essential to being a lawyer! But the bar exam itself is worthless. It turns out memorizing state laws for a closed-book exam bears little resemblance to the practice of law!

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!
Congrats Fiz, that's awesome.

I just had the half horrible half funny thought that someone might remind Trump that Ohio State and Alabama like him or used to and he might try to go to the playoff final tonight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Congrats Fiz!

Quiet Feet
Dec 14, 2009

THE HELL IS WITH THIS ASS!?

I don't think I could do a fully dry January but I'm thinking of cutting back on alcohol just to cut back on calories. There's been way too much junk food around the house for the past month.

Mostly I just have one beer a night during the week, and then I'd have 1-3 drinks on the weekend. So I figure if I can cut out like 6 drinks a week, that's like 700 calories right there. I'll probably still have a couple drinks on the weekend. The other thing is that all of the chocolate and candies from the holidays are finally out of my house, and then I just need to restrict how much dessert I eat. That last part isn't easy when my wife bakes like all the time.

And yeah this is about where I'm at. I have a beer/booze budget for the week and I stick to that, usually just having either a whiskey or a beer per night. But when football season comes along I end up saving them up for game day and end up having 3-4 on a Sunday, most of them with SNF :sweatdrop:

Apropos of nothing I dreamed last night that I was in what was either an elementary or high school being invaded by vampires and I was annoyed. I threw a towel on the head of a vampire to blind it and then balled it up in the towel, complete with blood spray and crunching bones. Hate to think what the mess would have been like if it wasn't in the towel!

Edit: Congrats to Fiz!

Ehud
Sep 19, 2003

football.

do it

https://twitter.com/cnnbrk/status/1348634856826269696?s=20

make sure he can never be POTUS again and strip away all the benefits that come with being a former POTUS

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

FLOTUS put out a statement and lol

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

shirts and skins posted:

Continuing education is essential to being a lawyer! But the bar exam itself is worthless. It turns out memorizing state laws for a closed-book exam bears little resemblance to the practice of law!

This is like the biggest understatement, right? I actually have an expensive and useless degree I obtained so I could be a paralegal and like 99% of what I learned was how to research poo poo. So learning and memorizing laws is pretty drat dumb.

Also, congrats Fiz!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

BRB, updating my password

https://twitter.com/lorenzofb/status/1348638602666905601?s=19

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

clear liquor.

of course that's when you start realizing you're just drinking to be drunk.

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.

Samadhi posted:

I was going to post this this morning but got distracted.

Long story short: Parler's email authentication went down, so people were able to log in without verification, and then gain access to the admin backend, create millions of admin accounts, and start a data dump of everyone's posts, drivers licenses, and photos with EXIF data.

https://twitter.com/TruthAcquirer/status/1348552262746927104?s=19

This is so good that I forgot for like 5 min that my team gave up 28 points in the 1st quarter last night

Also gj Fiz, go get 'em cous

Grittybeard
Mar 29, 2010

Bad, very bad!

Kalli posted:

She just lost her press person didn't she?

Wonder how many batshit things would have come out about the kids in cages if she didn't have someone muzzling her at the time, not that she did a very good job hiding her feelings there anyway.

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Kalli posted:

Remember Free Melania! back in 2017 or whatever? She's just as lovely as Trump, she just knows to keep her mouth shut most of the time.

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

Congratulations, Fix.

Kalli posted:

The improper comma usage in this is making me tremble with fury. God drat.

Quick and easy way to drop 15-20 pounds within about two months is to switch to drinking nothing but water. No juices, milk, soda, just mainline water. As your body establishes a new equilibrium, you will shed an absolute poo poo-ton of water weight.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

E:

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Braksgirl posted:

This is like the biggest understatement, right? I actually have an expensive and useless degree I obtained so I could be a paralegal and like 99% of what I learned was how to research poo poo. So learning and memorizing laws is pretty drat dumb.

Thankfully state bars are catching on to this idea, and the general trend has been to make bar exams easier and more generic.

Also me, cantankerous and wrinkled in my 30s: back in MY day the New York Bar Exam MEANT something! You whippersnappers don't know how good you have it!

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

Timby posted:

Quick and easy way to drop 15-20 pounds within about two months is to switch to drinking nothing but water. No juices, milk, soda, just mainline water. As your body establishes a new equilibrium, you will shed an absolute poo poo-ton of water weight.

Yea, aside from the alcohol, I drink water, and I have one can of Coke Zero a day. I could cut the Coke out, but I'm not sure how much that will really change for me.

pmchem
Jan 22, 2010

well, this is a thing

https://twitter.com/seywarddarby/status/1348643784435920896?s=20

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

How does this work with the 2nd dose? Does he get it scheduled, or does he need to plan more hot pocket runs

Braksgirl
Dec 25, 2010

Unofficial Goon Disney travel agent since 2014!

Tens of Goons served!

I heard about that! I don't think it will happen in my area because we have one pharmacy that's dosing and apparently the wait list is over 300 people deep but man, it sure would be nice.

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

shirts and skins posted:

Wow, yeah I was thinking the wasted effort comment was a bad approach, but I didn't realize the bar was closed-book. It is real loving dumb how much of education is rote memorization of useless knowledge!

The exam to become a professional engineer lets you bring whatever print material you want, including hand-written poo poo as long as it's in a three-ring binder.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

I mean if we're going by risk factors, out late + consuming tons of hot pockets sounds like an important disease vector to me.

Anyway, have an intensely soothing video

https://twitter.com/JaneOst_/status/1347999728814981122