Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Karia
Mar 27, 2013

Self-portrait, Snake on a Plane
Oil painting, c. 1482-1484
Leonardo DaVinci (1452-1591)

Larry Parrish posted:

theres a certain flavor of poster in this subforum who apparently their only exposure to news is half-noticed cnn tickers and insane people on Twitter

I resent this! The Idiots on Social Media thread occasionally posts screenshots from insane people on Facebook as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Larry Parrish posted:

theres a certain flavor of poster in this subforum who apparently their only exposure to news is half-noticed cnn tickers and insane people on Twitter

I only get news of the world from cspam

Inceltown
Aug 6, 2019

Shame Boy posted:

Yeah all of us

loving libel. I don't watch CNN.

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

I'm a Rhino

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

https://twitter.com/propublica/status/1348501379367772161

Proust Malone
Apr 4, 2008

Thanatosian posted:

Of all the loving sports, loving golf, the CHUDliest of sports.

one of the sponsors of the pbr bull riding league is the us border patrol.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

I absolutely was not using furry as a slur lmao, I was using "furry chud" as a slur

Why even mention him being a furry then? It's like referring to Herman Cain as a "black monster" instead of just a monster. them being a furry/black is completely irrelevant to their being terrible, do there's no reason to mention them. And because you do anyway, we must assume it's in order to further ridicule the person in question.

Mad about furries.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

What? But the person doing that evil is Michelle Lawrence, voted woman prosecutor of the year!?

Oh well. More women prosecutors.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

What? But the person doing that evil is Michelle Lawrence, voted woman prosecutor of the year!?

Oh well. More women prosecutors.

To be fair it sounds like she is prosecuting lots of women.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Ok, we get it about furries.

What's the thread's position on bronies?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

spacetoaster posted:

Off to the mines with the furries

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

Why even mention him being a furry then? It's like referring to Herman Cain as a "black monster" instead of just a monster. them being a furry/black is completely irrelevant to their being terrible, do there's no reason to mention them. And because you do anyway, we must assume it's in order to further ridicule the person in question.

Mad about furries.

Comparing furries to black people...

How do I nominate posts for the goons.txt Twitter feed?

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

spacetoaster posted:

remember the greasy goon pic? shaved potato-like head and drops of oil on his mustache?

he originally posted his pictures on a MLP fan forum

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

bedpan posted:

To be fair it sounds like she is prosecuting lots of women.

Even so, statistics are showing and extreme bias towards prosecuting men, particularly in violent crime. We're going to have to implement a more fair policy to get women equity with the men. :colbert:

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

spacetoaster posted:

Herman Cain was a brony monster.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

Paladinus posted:

Herman Cain was a brony monster.

steinrokkan
Apr 2, 2011

Soiled Meat
Herman Cain's death proved that it really is hard out there for a conservative brony

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018
I think the new style guides recommend capitalizing Brony

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

Brxny

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Failed Imagineer posted:

Comparing furries to black people...

How do I nominate posts for the goons.txt Twitter feed?

Yes, I obviously meant that the two were identical. Calling someone out for something that doesn't affect anyone negatively sucks. Even in "ridiculous" cases like furries or philatelists. Attack people for being horrible, not for being something that you don't approve of for bigoted reasons.

The exception to this is people who identify as attack helicopters. gently caress those people.

And just to be completely clear, black people are way more marginalized than furries, and singling out someone for being black is probably worse than singling them out for being a furry. But both are the same kind of creating a group identity through exclusion, and that sucks.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
Probably.

Failed Imagineer
Sep 22, 2018

BonHair posted:

And just to be completely clear, black people are way more marginalized than furries

Glad we could clear this up

Main Paineframe
Oct 27, 2010
furries are antifa

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

Herman Cain and his jarred pony

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

Mad about furries.

I think it absolutely is relevant, which is why I said I was using "furry chud" as a slur and not just "chud". If you are a furry, fine whatever. If you're a furry chud though, you have to be a very particular kind of idiot due to how the furry community works and what most of it represents.

Like think about it, you're basically saying "I'm into this thing where everyone is a hyper-personalized character and a ton of the population is queer and/or trans and always has been and that's just kinda been accepted in a way it really hasn't been anywhere else. Well anyway as I was saying BLM are terrorists, build the wall, gently caress you snowflakes there's only two genders, etc..." Like they're two very uncomfortable worldviews when you put them together, and they're both things you have to more or less decide to be in a way "being black" sure isn't.

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Shame Boy posted:

I think it absolutely is relevant, which is why I said I was using "furry chud" as a slur and not just "chud". If you are a furry, fine whatever. If you're a furry chud though, you have to be a very particular kind of idiot due to how the furry community works and what most of it represents.

Like think about it, you're basically saying "I'm into this thing where everyone is a hyper-personalized character and a ton of the population is queer and/or trans and always has been and that's just kinda been accepted in a way it really hasn't been anywhere else. Well anyway as I was saying BLM are terrorists, build the wall, gently caress you snowflakes there's only two genders, etc..." Like they're two very uncomfortable worldviews when you put them together, and they're both things you have to more or less decide to be in a way "being black" sure isn't.

I've seen mention of it on SA but, as I recall, didn't the "furry community" go through a big uproar and split years ago over the decision to throw out the nazi and ultra-right furries (what a world we live in). I don't know if SA poster "Literal Nazi Furry" is still posting but I imagine he would know more.

furry chud is an interesting enough combination as to call out when talking about someone.

Biplane
Jul 18, 2005

Literal Nazi Furry was banned for being a nazi a while back.

BonHair
Apr 28, 2007

Shame Boy posted:

That makes a lot of sense actually, thanks for making me think even further (about furries).

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

bedpan posted:

I've seen mention of it on SA but, as I recall, didn't the "furry community" go through a big uproar and split years ago over the decision to throw out the nazi and ultra-right furries (what a world we live in). I don't know if SA poster "Literal Nazi Furry" is still posting but I imagine he would know more.

furry chud is an interesting enough combination as to call out when talking about someone.

Oh yeah the furries did some soul searching around and a bit after the 2016 election and purged a lot of the nazis which was fantastic. Good job furries. I mean they did the usual thing of reconstituting a smaller safe space community where they could be chuds by themselves but still, good job furries.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

BonHair posted:

Yes, I obviously meant that the two were identical. Calling someone out for something that doesn't affect anyone negatively sucks. Even in "ridiculous" cases like furries or philatelists. Attack people for being horrible, not for being something that you don't approve of for bigoted reasons.

The exception to this is people who identify as attack helicopters. gently caress those people.

And just to be completely clear, black people are way more marginalized than furries, and singling out someone for being black is probably worse than singling them out for being a furry. But both are the same kind of creating a group identity through exclusion, and that sucks.

Glad we straightened all this out. lol

Shame Boy
Mar 2, 2010

BonHair posted:

That makes a lot of sense actually, thanks for making me think even further (about furries).

Yeah just due to being A Big Gay my friend group is pretty "furry adjacent" and that seems to be the general view other furries have of these dorks as far as I can tell. Anyway thanks for considerin' things and not just arguing forever like the internet is built for :shobon:

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Biplane posted:

Literal Nazi Furry was banned for being a nazi a while back.

As I recall the username was entirely correct. He was literally a furry and literally a nazi, although I can't remember if the nazi part extended beyond fetishism.

Stingwing
Mar 26, 2010

Thank you Mr President for Making America Great Again! USA #1! I shouldn't have to understand other cultures, I'm a god damn American hero.

Main Paineframe posted:

furries are antifa

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

BonHair posted:

Mad about furries.

making your hobby of jacking off to cartoon animals public and obvious doesnt make you a minority, it makes you a piece of poo poo in the same way foot guys are

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

Larry Parrish posted:

making your hobby of jacking off to cartoon animals public and obvious doesnt make you a minority, it makes you a piece of poo poo in the same way foot guys are

labeling yourself a furry is no different than labeling yourself a Gamer, or whatever stupid rear end identity people cling on to for their recreational things they care too much about

bedpan
Apr 23, 2008

Lib and let die posted:

labeling yourself a furry is no different than labeling yourself a Gamer, or whatever stupid rear end identity people cling on to for their recreational things they care too much about

they targeted gamers!

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

cant believe people are making fun of me for eating cheetos and mountain dew like cereal. dont they know thats racism

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Lib and let die posted:

labeling yourself a furry is no different than labeling yourself a Gamer

I agree. What's you're point?

Lib and let die
Aug 26, 2004

3D Megadoodoo posted:

I agree. What's you're point?

mock everyone for everything mercilessly

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU