Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?

AParadox posted:

Today's coop treasure event was something else... Kill 2 hydro abyss mages + 1 cryo abyss mage in 30 seconds, all level 90. It took me 5 tries but the time I did it I had 11 seconds to spare.

If they really want us to coop this they should give us a way to find people looking for it.

What team were you using? Getting a setup that can gib the shields fast enough is eluding me.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

HA! HA! NICE! WHAT A TOOL!
I did it solo and in co-op a few times. The unit that carried huge for me was Jean, starting off with her ult takes off a huge amount of the hydro mage's shields. The other units I used solo were Keqing, Fischl, and Venti.

Mailer
Nov 4, 2009

Have you accepted The Void as your lord and savior?
I kinda figured the strategy would generally be "have Venti". :/

I managed to lose by 1s on one attempt due to Keqing's slow ult animation, but that was my best attempt where they all stayed put and Sucrose hoovered them in a lightning tornado with everything amped by Benny's ult. If one mage teleports away it's a reset. Guessing this is 10 gems or whatever I'm just going to have to let go because I don't own a powerful enough vacuum cleaner.

Xun
Apr 25, 2010

Mailer posted:

I managed to lose by 1s on one attempt due to Keqing's slow ult animation, but that was my best attempt where they all stayed put and Sucrose hoovered them in a lightning tornado with everything amped by Benny's ult. If one mage teleports away it's a reset. Guessing this is 10 gems or whatever I'm just going to have to let go because I don't own a powerful enough vacuum cleaner.

I saw a cheese strat online that involves using the closeby waypoint to force the mages to teleport to you in a blob and then you drop guoba on them. The grassfire then takes down the shields fast

AParadox
Jan 7, 2012

Mailer posted:

What team were you using? Getting a setup that can gib the shields fast enough is eluding me.

The strat that worked for me was to swirl the cryo mage to freeze the hydro mages on both sides then venti(sucrose should also work) ult to abosrb cryo and keep them frozen and break their shield. My team was keqing fishl bennet venti. In coop I use venti no one else have him otherwise keqing.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

RPATDO_LAMD posted:

A well-geared Noelle (especially c6) with her burst active does a lot of consistent damage, in a real big aoe that can easily hit many enemies at once.
It has a 15s duration and 15s cooldown so it is possible to use her as a main dps and keep it active all the time, buuut Noelle is useless at generating energy so you need to make a specific "Noelle Battery" team that's designed to generate loads of energy for her.

Can someone give me an example of battery characters? Or is that just peeps carrying artifacts?

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

a battery character is just someone who creates a lot of elemental particles to charge your bursts faster. being the same element makes them better at that, as well as weapons like Favonius or artifact effects like Exile/Scholar etc.

in Noelle's case she usually runs with GeoMC because they have decent support effects and their skill generates a good amount of geo particles.

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

For Noelle it's specifically Geo MC or Ninguang.

My favorite (whale) approach is C6 Noelle + R5 Favonious Greatsword - the low ATK from the greatsword doesn't matter much on C6 Noelle because most of her damage derives from DEF and she can stay in ult a lot. I watched a video of a solo Noelle clearing each side of the current 12-3 in under 1:30 (geo buffs obviously make this easier). I'll consider this one a long-term goal.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize the element of the particle producer being the same gave more energy. So far I don't have another geo person yet. :(

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

smallmouth posted:

Ok, thanks. I didn't realize the element of the particle producer being the same gave more energy. So far I don't have another geo person yet. :(
You have two - Geo main character and Noelle. It's an actually decent team that nobody likes using because MC's rocks are so annoying.

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

Haha, yeah forgot about the traveler. I'll have to experiment with that. Thanks.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

Debating if I wanna level my noelle C6 or ning C2 for eventual geo fun

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

If it were me, I'd do the Noelle C6 because I think she'd pair really well with Albedo and she excels so much against the geo shields in 12-3.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stormgale posted:

why not both

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

No Wave posted:

If it were me, I'd do the Noelle C6 because I think she'd pair really well with Albedo and she excels so much against the geo shields in 12-3.

Does she, albedo's energy regen is scuffed plus Noelle really wants someone else to do field time when she's not in sweeping time?

Ning I can see as she really wants maximum field time (she loves albedo) but If I ran noelle it'd be 100% with geo traveller

Beluga Snail
Jul 26, 2013

Ytlaya posted:

Ended up getting some pretty bad substat upgrades, but still plenty happy with it (4th stat was DEF%, got 2 buffs to raw ATK, 1 buff to DEF%, and 1 buff to CDMG%). I've been spending nearly all resin the last week or so on the VV dungeon (largely because it's probably the easiest of the artifact dungeons I've tried due to the physical buff - I want some Noblesse Oblige artifacts, but the highest rank dungeon for it is difficult enough that it's a pain). End result:

I don't get why raw ATK/DEF are even possibilities, since they seem to virtually always be objectively inferior to their % counterparts. I don't even know if it's practically possible to have low enough ATK at a higher level that raw ATK is better.

I just do domains co-op with people when I can't easily clear the highest rank on my own, has been a surprisingly pleasant experience so far. Especially so because I make sure to bring a support that doesn't care about levels so much (usually Bennet), which means probably 90% of the time I'm running with some ridiculous Diluc/Klee/Venti teams that just make clearing everything a breeze.

Seems like a much better alternative to using the same amount of resin clearing a lower level by myself, but ymmv.

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

Stormgale posted:

Yeah, if you want to roll Noelle as a carry then bring Ning along for energy regen and burst support. Geo resonance is pretty good as well. If you only want to level one of them, I'd start with Ning unless you're hurting for healers.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

Stormgale posted:

Does she, albedo's energy regen is scuffed plus Noelle really wants someone else to do field time when she's not in sweeping time?

Ning I can see as she really wants maximum field time (she loves albedo) but If I ran noelle it'd be 100% with geo traveller

Ning is great as more of a burst support too. You swap in, drop a gate, burst and drop another gate. That's a lot of damage and a lot of energy.

Andrast fucked around with this message at 16:59 on Jan 11, 2021

lurksion
Mar 21, 2013

lurksion posted:

Alright, got some resources stored (basically I pulled at launch, then didn't play in depth until December, gotten up to AL39 atm).

I'm taking it the current banner has super good supports atm and pulling is a good idea atm?
Well that 43 pull went alright.

1 Fish, 1 Benny, 1 Sucrose, 1 Stringless for Fish & now sitting a 70 counter and 15k primos for the next pull in ??? months.

Probably going to pick up battlepass for Blacksword for Keqing.

lurksion fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 11, 2021

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

Your options are black sword for Keq or Solar Pearl for Ninguang. Both are equally good choices, pick the one for the person with the worse weapon atm.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

What are you guys thinking the best way to play Ganyu is going to be? 4 piece ice set and keep the enemy frozen by using XQ or try to score melts using Xiangling gouba or klee mines? Im thinking going for melts means the 4 piece might not be that good and you might be better off using 2 piece cryo 2 piece something else.

moush
Aug 19, 2009

Rage Your Dream
They're going to have to add some way to reroll or guarentee certain stats on artifacts in the far future. Considering how resin-gated everything with all the new content people won't be able to afford running artifact domains.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES
I know we had a discussion a few weeks back on which supports were worth leveling past 60 A4, is XQ one of them? Mine's...C2? and I won't be rolling on the Ganyu banner, but I have a Sac Sword and Klee needs that Vaporize damage.

ninjoatse.cx
Apr 9, 2005

Fun Shoe
What do I throw onto a support Chungyon? What weapon?

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

moush posted:

They're going to have to add some way to reroll or guarentee certain stats on artifacts in the far future. Considering how resin-gated everything with all the new content people won't be able to afford running artifact domains.
The artifact system is unironically perfect. I get usable pieces in under a week, whales resin refresh for months. They'd be crazy to change it.

zgrowler2 posted:

I know we had a discussion a few weeks back on which supports were worth leveling past 60 A4, is XQ one of them? Mine's...C2? and I won't be rolling on the Ganyu banner, but I have a Sac Sword and Klee needs that Vaporize damage.
It's a nice to have but not as essential because Vaporize reactions don't scale with level.

Sanya Juutilainen
Jun 19, 2019

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

No Wave posted:

The artifact system is unironically perfect. I get usable pieces in under a week, whales resin refresh for months. They'd be crazy to change it.

I agree with this. For 99 % of the people, having an artifact with a bad substat or two and few imperfect rolls is not a dealbreaker - the character will still perform great.

The 1 % is brain worms completionists who will either spend time (which is okay) or money (whales) for it.

Cao Ni Ma
May 25, 2010

ninjoatse.cx posted:

What do I throw onto a support Chungyon? What weapon?

If you have sac great sword then its good for him when you need to re-position. For maximum damage during his burst you might want to use Skyward Pride if you have it. Aside from that there isn't much choice just pick something you've already leveled.

SynthesisAlpha
Jun 19, 2007
Cyber-Monocle sporting Space Billionaire

Sanya Juutilainen posted:

I agree with this. For 99 % of the people, having an artifact with a bad substat or two and few imperfect rolls is not a dealbreaker - the character will still perform great.

The 1 % is brain worms completionists who will either spend time (which is okay) or money (whales) for it.

Yeah artifacts are fine. You get viable gladiator/wanderer just by bossing, then when your team is fine on levels/weapons/ascensions you can try domains to optimize them. There has to be something to chase and perfect artifacts are a fine goal.

Now weekly boss drops for talents can go right the gently caress away. Just let me pick jeez.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

i don't see why they shouldn't improve it

there's already a problem with some mainstats being incredibly rare, getting one of those pieces and then having barely any to no usable substats is a thing that can happen and just sucks even if you're not minmaxing. especially with how this stuff interacts with needing specific slots that can mess with your set bonus.

Some Numbers
Sep 28, 2006

"LET'S GET DOWN TO WORK!!"

SynthesisAlpha posted:

Yeah artifacts are fine. You get viable gladiator/wanderer just by bossing, then when your team is fine on levels/weapons/ascensions you can try domains to optimize them. There has to be something to chase and perfect artifacts are a fine goal.

Now weekly boss drops for talents can go right the gently caress away. Just let me pick jeez.

I actually agree, with the caveat that Glad pieces are a touch too rare/expensive for my tastes. It takes twice as much Resin for a chance at a 5 star Glad as it does to guarantee a 5 star of any domain artifact.

Also yes please give us a way to craft boss talent drops into each other.

zgrowler2
Oct 29, 2011

HOW DOES THE IPHONE APP WORK?? I WILL SPAM ENDLESSLY EVERYWHERE AND DISREGARD ANY REPLIES

No Wave posted:

It's a nice to have but not as essential because Vaporize reactions don't scale with level.

Got it, thanks for the info!

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

yeah boss talent drops are obnoxious. They sure worked on me though, I pulled THIRTEEN horns of monoceros caeli and it made me more inclined to pull Albedo. Now I want at least one of Ganyu/Hu Tao/Xiao so that I can use any shadow of the warrior I pull.

Truthfully though I'm not taking many talents past 7 for a very very long time so they aren't causing real issues for me atm.

Stormgale
Feb 27, 2010

people i'm levelling past 70 (70 is for talents)

Venti, Diluc, Keqing, klee, Fischl, Xiang Proably bennet

aparmenideanmonad
Jan 28, 2004
Balls to you and your way of mortal opinions - you don't exist anyway!
Fun Shoe

dogsicle posted:

i don't see why they shouldn't improve it

there's already a problem with some mainstats being incredibly rare, getting one of those pieces and then having barely any to no usable substats is a thing that can happen and just sucks even if you're not minmaxing. especially with how this stuff interacts with needing specific slots that can mess with your set bonus.
I agree with others that the current system is totally sufficient for getting you to AR45 and the 5* artifact grind, but I also have the aforementioned brainworms and am now at the point where, when considering regearing my current teams or even developing new characters, I think things like "THIS ON SET ATK SANDS WITH NO CRIT SUBSTATS IS TRASH". Would love for a way to reroll substats - I'd even take it restricted to level 0 artifacts to keep some of the rarity/RNGeezus blessedness of truly well-rolled artifacts in play.

Andrast
Apr 21, 2010

If it would be possible for me to get crit headpieces during this century I would not mind the artifact system at all.

Substats being fickle is fine, not getting the mainstat you want loving sucks

smallmouth
Oct 1, 2009

I'm nearly AR30. Is there something I should do/have before levelling the world to 3?

TheFluff
Dec 13, 2006

FRIENDS, LISTEN TO ME
I AM A SEAGULL
OF WEALTH AND TASTE

Mailer posted:

Try setting the grass on fire with Guoba before activating the trial, then spam Sucrose E/Q.

dogsicle
Oct 23, 2012

aparmenideanmonad posted:

I agree with others that the current system is totally sufficient for getting you to AR45 and the 5* artifact grind, but I also have the aforementioned brainworms and am now at the point where, when considering regearing my current teams or even developing new characters, I think things like "THIS ON SET ATK SANDS WITH NO CRIT SUBSTATS IS TRASH". Would love for a way to reroll substats - I'd even take it restricted to level 0 artifacts to keep some of the rarity/RNGeezus blessedness of truly well-rolled artifacts in play.

where it sticks out to me is ER on supports, which is a generally desired thing. trying to stack it means either farming a super rare mainstat that can be set restricted or getting it through the "unnecessary" substat grind. weapons eliminate the mainstat issue and lessen the burden of substats but you do then have the issue of most being gacha.

anyway, an improvement to the system only helps everybody so i'd like to see something eventually, in addition to them needing to add a 20 resin option to get the sets that drop from bosses.

Radical
Apr 6, 2011

they'll probably add a substat rerolling system but it'll use a limited currency, probably one that you can't easily convert resin into. like for instance, when you're max rep and do a weekly quest in that city you could get the currency as your reward instead. so you would primarily use it to try and re-roll a cup/hat that would otherwise be pretty ideal and difficult to farm more of (getting an on element cup or even the correct crit type you need on a hat feels like reward enough in itself given the probabilities.) since you would be pretty limited, the flowers and feathers would basically be a waste to re-roll, and you'd still want to farm domains for more chances at ideal versions of them.

i dont know how this would handle leveled items though, because you could get a piece that rolled 5 times on def or whatever and then highroll it onto crit. that might be fun, or might be too easy i dunno. if the currency was *really* limited (like multiple weeks of income to reroll one substat, or maybe you even pick what it rolls into) the goal would be just to get an artifact that rolled consecutively on one bad substat, and then convert it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

No Wave
Sep 18, 2005

I don't understand why substat rerolling is such a popular suggestion... It's the last thing they'd want to do, it's not hugely impactful for f2p but it makes whales' life 10x easier.

What I'd like is a domain that only dropped random helmets and another that only dropped random goblets. This would also be op but it would make low spenders' life so much easier.