Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Blowjob Overtime posted:

Wow, yeah I was thinking the wasted effort comment was a bad approach, but I didn't realize the bar was closed-book. It is real loving dumb how much of education is rote memorization of useless knowledge!

The exam to become a professional engineer lets you bring whatever print material you want, including hand-written poo poo as long as it's in a three-ring binder.

I admit I was being overly flip about the wasted effort thing, but yeah I have some criticisms about the attorney credentialing process

In a sort of related issue:

https://twitter.com/JesseRodriguez/status/1348643852954034179?s=19

Rudy isn't being disbarred yet, the SBA is a voluntary professional association. Still funny though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

woke up with some new letters besides my name

Walk on air today dude, you deserve it

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
Congrats Fiz!

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it
Fiz congrats bud!

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

I mean, I get the "there are higher risk people who should have gotten it first!" reaction, but if the logistical reality was to administer the vaccine to some rando buying Hot Pockets or throw them in the trash, I'm all for that rando getting the shot.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
Congratulations Dr. Brad “FizFashizzle”

Paint Crop Pro
Mar 22, 2007

Find someone who values you like Rick Spielman values 7th round picks.

Actor, dr, adorable dog owner.

Fiz is the triple threat

dirty shrimp money
Jan 8, 2001

That's the primary distribution method of the vaccine in the US - hanging around CVS or Walgreens when the pharmacy closes and hoping they have doses they'd otherwise throw out.

seiferguy
Jun 9, 2005

FLAWED
INTUITION

Toilet Rascal
Hell yes fiz congrats, now give us all good feelin drugs.

Pron on VHS
Nov 14, 2005

Blood Clots
Sweat Dries
Bones Heal
Suck it Up and Keep Wrestling
first thing I'd be doing as a doctor would be writing an Anavar script for myself, second thing I guess would be surrendering my Rx pad to the authorities as they try to put cuffs around my suddenly huge and striated forearms

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
Grats Fizz!

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Yeah, I think I mentioned but my girlfriend got her dose because she’s a hospital employee, she’s still teleworking for the foreseeable future but they had leftover doses and were passing those out. Meanwhile I’m a both frontline essential worker and state employee and there’s absolutely no timeline for when I’ll be getting it.

shirts and skins
Jun 25, 2007

Good morning!

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, I think I mentioned but my girlfriend got her dose because she’s a hospital employee, she’s still teleworking for the foreseeable future but they had leftover doses and were passing those out. Meanwhile I’m a both frontline essential worker and state employee and there’s absolutely no timeline for when I’ll be getting it.

Fwiw my county in Virginia is starting to vaccinate frontline essential workers on Saturday. Think you're not too far out, unless you're in NY in which case good luck with Cuomo lol

Hot Diggity!
Apr 3, 2010

SKELITON_BRINGING_U_ON.GIF
https://twitter.com/motherboard/status/1348658443859730436

Spoeank
Jul 16, 2003

That's a nice set of 11 dynasty points there, it would be a shame if 3 rings were to happen with it

This is just black mirror

ZuluDashOne
May 1, 2020

#NeverForget

Go Wings!

:911:
I haven't even looked into getting the vaccine yet. I just assume I'm at the end of the line since I'm not front line and work from home typing code.

The Glumslinger
Sep 24, 2008

Coach Nagy, you want me to throw to WHAT side of the field?

Hair Elf
https://mobile.twitter.com/HaitianDvorce/status/1348475324741394432

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002
Oh wow I thought Fitz was a Physicians assistant not a full MD. My bad Fiz, that’s even badder rear end. Congrats again.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Amy Pole Her posted:

Oh wow I thought Fitz was a Physicians assistant not a full MD. My bad Fiz, that’s even badder rear end. Congrats again.

No it’s PA lol.

I didn’t have med school in me in my thirties.

C-Euro
Mar 20, 2010

:science:
Soiled Meat
gj Fiz, take a well-deserved break. Or apply for jobs now, I don't know how this works.

Comments are saying it's a fake caption :(

Neil Armbong
Jan 16, 2004

If anybody wants to see, there's a Donkey Kong kill screen coming up.
Pillbug
Congrats, Fiz!

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

Congrats Fiz. Please let me know when I can get in for my complementary colonoscopy.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Samadhi posted:

Congrats Fiz. Please let me know when I can get in for my complementary colonoscopy.

Anytime ;)

Samadhi
May 13, 2001

[img - timeline] bitch

Blowjob Overtime
Apr 6, 2008

Steeeeriiiiiiiiike twooooooo!

Hah, belated "Congrats Fiz". That's what I get for opening multiple tabs for replies.

Please buy potato anything she wants in celebration.

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

FizFashizzle posted:

No it’s PA lol.

I didn’t have med school in me in my thirties.

Either way it’s super impressive. You crushed those clinical hours relatively quickly (or am I just.. losing track of time?)

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Congrats Fiz!

Samadhi posted:

And thanks for reminding me I turn 35 this year and need to get this scheduled :(

Amy Pole Her
Jun 17, 2002

Dango Bango posted:

Congrats Fiz!

And thanks for reminding me I turn 35 this year and need to get this scheduled :(

Oh yeah gently caress I’ve gotta get my semi annual one by March to stay on schedule

Bird in a Blender
Nov 17, 2005

It's amazing what they can do with computers these days.

Dango Bango posted:

Congrats Fiz!

Do you have a family history of colon cancer? That seems super young for a scope.

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

Yeah, I hit the big 4-0 and my doctor hasn't said anything about getting all up in my butt yet

Dango Bango
Jul 26, 2007

Bird in a Blender posted:

Do you have a family history of colon cancer? That seems super young for a scope.

My bad - it's a prostate screening I need to schedule, not colonoscopy. But yeah I have the BRCA1 mutation so I have to start getting screenings 10 years earlier than normal recommendations.

No Butt Stuff
Jun 10, 2004

Kalli posted:

Yeah, I hit the big 4-0 and my doctor hasn't said anything about getting all up in my butt yet

As a pats fan, he probably assumes you get a pretty good look with your head already up there.

Athanatos
Jun 7, 2006

Est. 1967

Amy Pole Her posted:

Either way it’s super impressive.

Very much so, you rock Fiz. Congrats on the hard work. I remember when you would drop aquarium pictures on the forums, so many years ago.

We are all old.

ZuluDashOne posted:

I haven't even looked into getting the vaccine yet. I just assume I'm at the end of the line since I'm not front line and work from home typing code.

Well now I want to start lurking CVS stores

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!
Yeah, prostate exam is just a quick bit of fun with the doc, colonoscopy is a whole thing involving being put under and some super cool footage I never got to see.

FizFashizzle
Mar 30, 2005

Athanatos posted:

Very much so, you rock Fiz. Congrats on the hard work. I remember when you would drop aquarium pictures on the forums, so many years ago.

We are all old

Jesus that brought me back.

Freaquency
May 10, 2007

"Yes I can hear you, I don't have ear cancer!"

Thaddius the Large posted:

Yeah, prostate exam is just a quick bit of fun with the doc, colonoscopy is a whole thing involving being put under and some super cool footage I never got to see.

The worst part in my experience with the prostate exam was that the doc didn’t give me any sort of warning after turning me on my side. I’m not sure if it would have been better if he had, but it couldn’t have been worse. I’m also guessing that they’ve heard all the jokes just like cashiers when someone makes a crack about something being free, because he was incredibly humorless about the whole thing.

Thaddius the Large
Jul 5, 2006

It's in the five-hole!

Freaquency posted:

The worst part in my experience with the prostate exam was that the doc didn’t give me any sort of warning after turning me on my side. I’m not sure if it would have been better if he had, but it couldn’t have been worse. I’m also guessing that they’ve heard all the jokes just like cashiers when someone makes a crack about something being free, because he was incredibly humorless about the whole thing.

Man, my guy was the opposite, tried way too hard to be chill but just came off awkward and nervous. Get in there my guy, not like I’m enthusiastic about this but we’re all in it together, no sense in being shy or timid!

D-LINK
Oct 1, 2007

I was talking to peachy Peach about kissy Kiss. He bought me a soda.
We have family history of colon cancer, so I had my 1st colonoscopy last year at 35. The worst part is without question the laxative prep where you poop every 10min for 12 hours

Kalli
Jun 2, 2001

D-LINK posted:

We have family history of colon cancer, so I had my 1st colonoscopy last year at 35. The worst part is without question the laxative prep where you poop every 10min for 12 hours

That was the worst part of the all protein-shake diet I was on too.

Just a lot of uh-oh <run to the bathroom> every 15 minutes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Timby
Dec 23, 2006

Your mother!

D-LINK posted:

GoLytely is a truly unholy concoction and having to pound like four liters of it over a few hours is utter torture. I had my first scope in 2016, when I was 31. That was a hoot and a half.