Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

rocketrobot
Jul 11, 2003

School Nickname posted:

The Minister of Goonsterity doesn't want you to have fun. :v: Real talk, it's terrible and and dual 180 + rlml Stabber is better in every way bar EHP. You're paying 8-10x the isk for a so-so EHP buff, on a ship you should be flying like it's made from paper anyway. Plus the Stabber looks so much more engageable; I love scaring the poo poo out of frigs, destroyers, Cynabals and Vagabonds who think I'm an easy kill. But that's all I can kill really.

Would you mind sharing your fit? I used to love flying stabbers. The flyswatter fit was a lot of fun, too.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I don't see how they can really stop bots as long as they have any sort of respawning anomalies or infinite highsec missions. I remember elusif used a highsec mission bot using isboxer and unless CCP removes highsec L4s, there is no way to stop that without making the missions worthless.

Agrikk
Oct 17, 2003

Take care with that! We have not fully ascertained its function, and the ticking is accelerating.

FruitNYogurtParfait posted:

he was using like 8 or 12u because he had gotten free old hardware and he could have straight up bought new hardware, condensed everything into half the space or less and would have come out saving money before the end of the first year

This. I was the guy who donated the five 2U servers to the cause. Tellingly, one died in transit but he managed to keep the others up and running.

In hindsight, though, goonfleet would have been better off if I’d simply sold the servers on eBay and donated the funds towards some proper hardware.

It made for a neat pic of a stack of hardware, though.

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Stealthgerbil posted:

I don't see how they can really stop bots as long as they have any sort of respawning anomalies or infinite highsec missions. I remember elusif used a highsec mission bot using isboxer and unless CCP removes highsec L4s, there is no way to stop that without making the missions worthless.

Have you click through an "I am not a robot" thing to be able to warp to the anom?

Select all the pictures that have a Vexor in them.

Stealthgerbil
Dec 16, 2004

I don't know poo poo about bots and I could program a python script using opencv that could detect vexors.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

This is what you get. For falling in Love
Make warping into anoms/gates a short minigame to draw a “key” symbol.

Dik Hz
Feb 22, 2004

Fun with Science

Agrikk posted:

This. I was the guy who donated the five 2U servers to the cause. Tellingly, one died in transit but he managed to keep the others up and running.

In hindsight, though, goonfleet would have been better off if I’d simply sold the servers on eBay and donated the funds towards some proper hardware.

The limiting factor on any project is almost always having a leader willing to put in the work to accomplish the project.

There's always a peanut gallery full of assholes telling everyone how they would have done the project.

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

SnoochtotheNooch posted:

Make warping into anoms/gates a short minigame to draw a “key” symbol.

... something about a ticket granting ticket for you public key and then you have to trade that key for a private key.... Something something.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
Are you guys looking to be hired by :ccp: because spewing bad ideas like that is exactly how you get hired by :ccp:

SnoochtotheNooch
Sep 22, 2012

Dalael posted:

Are you guys looking to be hired by :ccp: because spewing bad ideas like that is exactly how you get hired by :ccp:

I think you should have to subnet the server IP in order to have access to the gate/anom

Wibla
Feb 16, 2011

Agrikk posted:

Can you repost that pic? :sun:

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:

rocketrobot posted:

Would you mind sharing your fit? I used to love flying stabbers. The flyswatter fit was a lot of fun, too.

https://zkillboard.com/kill/89834973/

You've ~520 DPS heated on this big frigate with great application. Fight frigs and destroyers via kiting, you really can't kill anything bigger outside a cocky Cynabal/Vagabond pilot. If you're scrambled you're dead, but you will obliterate almost any small hull if it's on its own. Ammo selection is key and combined with heat might get you out of some hairier matchups like a Hecate point blank. Killed two Sabres handy as they had barrage vs my fusion once.

A similarly fit Cynabal would have 10k more EHP, 80 more DPS (heated) with worse application, be 100m/s faster, but have way more utility in the form of an added neut + web and extra flight of drones. Costs a good bit more though and I'm cheap as hell. A similarly fit Vagabond (not that you'd fit it that way) has 100 more DPS and isn't even 100m/s faster with T2 poly rigs. You get ~12k more EHP than the Stabber.

School Nickname fucked around with this message at 17:09 on Jan 11, 2021

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Also interested in the Vagabond fit if you're willing to post it.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

Black summer was the best summer.
I read pings from last night , early this morning, and its a bunch of poo poo about ship producers being unhappy. What is the drama here?

Ynglaur
Oct 9, 2013

The Malta Conference, anyone?
Te state took over production of certain hulls for SRP.

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sickening posted:

I read pings from last night , early this morning, and its a bunch of poo poo about ship producers being unhappy. What is the drama here?

not really drama. the SRP programme where you get the fit ship instead of cash meant that t2 producers could either sell to the alliance for small margins and decent volume (if the alliance needed help producing), attempt to sell to people who didnt have the hull yet or who were reshipping mid fight (which at a certain point became difficult due to everyone having the hull or a reimbursed hull). this meant that small time dudes got pushed out because they couldnt afford large alliance orders of 10-20 hulls, and they couldnt sell their hulls on the market without heavy competition since everyone was competing for a small sliver of people, so a bunch of them closed up shop and didnt have a way to make income.

because the alliance had a handful of dudes doing all the t2 prod at cost, it saved a bunch of isk, but im assuming it became unsustainable due to burnout, even if you have the perfect chain set up.

School Nickname
Apr 23, 2010

*fffffff-fffaaaaaaarrrtt*
:ussr:
Private producers: *through sobs* you can't just say certain hulls are nationalised.... Please....
Finance team: *points at Cerb flying past* nationalised

Boatswain
May 29, 2012

Ynglaur posted:

Also interested in the Vagabond fit if you're willing to post it.

This is what I'm looking forward to fly once I get some ISK.

[Vagabond, Bzz]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor

220mm Vulcan AutoCannon II
Dark Blood Small Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Kinetic Shield Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

You can switch the Kinetic rig for another Ancillary, and a TE to meta/faction in order to switch up to medium neut OR 425s for more range.

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

not really drama. the SRP programme where you get the fit ship instead of cash meant that t2 producers could either sell to the alliance for small margins and decent volume (if the alliance needed help producing), attempt to sell to people who didnt have the hull yet or who were reshipping mid fight (which at a certain point became difficult due to everyone having the hull or a reimbursed hull). this meant that small time dudes got pushed out because they couldnt afford large alliance orders of 10-20 hulls, and they couldnt sell their hulls on the market without heavy competition since everyone was competing for a small sliver of people, so a bunch of them closed up shop and didnt have a way to make income.

because the alliance had a handful of dudes doing all the t2 prod at cost, it saved a bunch of isk, but im assuming it became unsustainable due to burnout, even if you have the perfect chain set up.

This sounds like a good way to get your producers to sell in jita instead.

pyrometer
Aug 1, 2004

Ynglaur posted:

Te state took over production of certain hulls for SRP.

Literally Mitler

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Sickening posted:

This sounds like a good way to get your producers to sell in jita instead.

not really since their options to build outside of 1dq were all cynojammed and a PITA to get cycled, and building in 1dq is only sustainable if you aren't planning on exporting or at a certain scale

Sickening
Jul 16, 2007

FAT32 SHAMER posted:

not really since their options to build outside of 1dq were all cynojammed and a PITA to get cycled, and building in 1dq is only sustainable if you aren't planning on exporting or at a certain scale

I don't mean taking your poo poo in idq and moving it, as that is basically impractical as you pointed out. You basically write everything off as a loss or just move it as slow as a snail because you have no choice.

What I am saying is that if you still want to make isk with producing you move operations and sell where people buy or you stop completely. Seems like a shortsighted move. The isk saved isn't worth the folks they pissed off or ran off.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014
Hello. Yep, I still think Atlantis is Bolivia, yep, I'm still a giant idiot, yep, I'm still a huge racist. Some things never change!
loving great. Just as I put buy orders for 1b worth of cerb components.

I dont think nationalization is a great idea. Im sure it has its advantages and does help lower costs, but it also kicks people out of high turn over markets.

Also considering we can produce hulls for cheaper than the nationalization offers, someone is still turning a profit. So it sounds more like monopoly than nationalization. :shrug:

So far i got hosed on scimitars and now if the posts above are correct, on cerbs too.

Tsed
Jan 30, 2008

aaaaag drugs

Dalael posted:

loving great. Just as I put buy orders for 1b worth of cerb components.

I dont think nationalization is a great idea. Im sure it has its advantages and does help lower costs, but it also kicks people out of high turn over markets.

Also considering we can produce hulls for cheaper than the nationalization offers, someone is still turning a profit. So it sounds more like monopoly than nationalization. :shrug:

So far i got hosed on scimitars and now if the posts above are correct, on cerbs too.

Wat. Cerbs were already nationalized. They're being un-nationalized.

Dalael
Oct 14, 2014

Tsed posted:

Wat. Cerbs were already nationalized. They're being un-nationalized.

What? I understood the exact opposite from the previous posts.

If what you are saying is correct, then that is awesome.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

I read the announcement to mean that they are nationalizing FEWER hulls.

Wouldn't this open up MORE markets for smaller guys? I am nowhere near making HICTORS/DICTORS, so this helps the "new guy" way more than hurts the established industrialist.

Also, I find it funny that people in the alliance are complaining about 1 bil here and there like its a minor inconvenience. If you have to complain about this billion and not that billion, changing doctrine hulls should not be on your list of problems.

Erulisse
Feb 12, 2019

A bad poster trying to get better.
Be clearer with you "leaks" gdi!

Stereotype
Apr 24, 2010

College Slice
Yeah they’re done with the nationalization I’m pretty sure. It’s why Sabre hulls are worth building again.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

ASAPI posted:

Wouldn't this open up MORE markets for smaller guys? I am nowhere near making HICTORS/DICTORS, so this helps the "new guy" way more than hurts the established industrialist.

Also, I find it funny that people in the alliance are complaining about 1 bil here and there like its a minor inconvenience. If you have to complain about this billion and not that billion, changing doctrine hulls should not be on your list of problems.

P sure my total assets are worth less than 3 bil. Not everyone is spacerich, and I'm guessing small time producers end up tying up most of their liquid when they prep to do a run.

If you want to subsidize my small small loving around so I don't have to worry about sums less than a bil, please please please do

I am down for a space sugar daddy

E: misread the post, you aren't the one thinking a bil herr or there is nothing, sorry! Still on the market for a space sugar daddy tho

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

Stealthgerbil posted:

My assumption is that they are using the Abyssal Deadspace stuff as a means to work out the bugs for shooting PvEers off to another instance for their PvEing. Once that's completely done and they're confident in the technology, then they'll start changing normal ratting to be something similar.

1) You leave IHub upgrades and everything else in place, you just change the nature of anomalies. Each anomaly, including mission gates, has a gate that shuttles the player off to "Pirate Space" for the PvE.
2) PvE is similar to what exists in Abyssal Deadspace, in that there is a random component to each one you enter. I've heard people say that it's tougher to bot Abyssal deadspace because of the semi-randomness, but to be fair I'm not sure how accurate that is.
3) You change exit gates in two ways: You make them appear randomly in a position on the outside of the sphere that holds the "Pirate Space" bubble you go into. You also do not make them objects in space that can be interacted with via the overview. Players instead have to manually pilot out of the area through that gate. That turns the problem into one that requires computer vision without explicitly being a CAPTCHA box.

#1 has to be on their radar with the relative success of Abyssal Deadspace, plus it lets you limit ship type so CCP opens up the design space of Capital PvE sites that you can't cheese by bringing in 80 cormorants or some other ridiculous workaround that goons devise.

With a system like that your farms and fields still matter since IHub upgrades still cause more anomalies to spawn. Hunters can choose to either run into each of the sites and check for ratters individually, or they can wait outside for their prey. The new ESS thing can stick around, and just be fed from the kills inside related Pirate Space bubbles.

I dunno, it seems like the logical way for CCP to go now that they have a good system in place for spawning PvE sites, but there's probably some legacy POS code that prevents them from removing Ring Sanctums without also removing ADCs and deleting all characters whose name begins with a Z.

ASAPI
Apr 20, 2007
I invented the line.

RFC2324 posted:

P sure my total assets are worth less than 3 bil. Not everyone is spacerich, and I'm guessing small time producers end up tying up most of their liquid when they prep to do a run.

If you want to subsidize my small small loving around so I don't have to worry about sums less than a bil, please please please do

I am down for a space sugar daddy

E: misread the post, you aren't the one thinking a bil herr or there is nothing, sorry! Still on the market for a space sugar daddy tho

I also am looking for a space pimp/sugar daddy. Feel free to shower me with isk and/or injectors, I can make both work.

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

Boatswain posted:

This is what I'm looking forward to fly once I get some ISK.

[Vagabond, Bzz]

Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Tracking Enhancer II
Nanofiber Internal Structure II

50MN Quad LiF Restrained Microwarpdrive
X-Large Ancillary Shield Booster
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Warp Disruptor

Dark Blood Small Energy Neutralizer

Medium Ancillary Current Router II
Medium Kinetic Shield Reinforcer II

Acolyte II x5

You can switch the Kinetic rig for another Ancillary, and a TE to meta/faction in order to switch up to medium neut OR 425s for more range.

for the guy asking about vaga fits, this is a good baseline fit. On mine, I throw on a deadspace MWD and then use a storyline LSE to make the CPU work, then swap out the kin rig for a falloff rig. the reason I do that is because I'm also running drugs and snakes which magnifies the speed bonus you get from the deadspace mwd, but is also not really appropriate for null sec while you're under siege by the rest of the galaxy. absolutely do not put 425s on it. you'll murderzone frigs with this thing, which is critical because if you get scrammed for any amount of time, you die

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

Jesus, having to manually pilot around would make ratting without a bot even more miserable. I actually enjoy ratting and mission running, and that poo poo would make me quit

Kazanir
Apr 28, 2010

Stereotype posted:

Yeah they’re done with the nationalization I’m pretty sure. It’s why Sabre hulls are worth building again.

Yeah it was never true "nationalization" in the first place, we just started handing out ships as SRP because it was faster, saved us money, and got goons back into HACs (and more importantly, other weirder doctrines) faster. The impact on the economy from this move alone wasn't actually that large but combined with other stuff (like the Helm's Deep jammerization/defense plan) it led to big hits in market confidence so we wanted to hurf a blurf about trying to get back away from it and towards more normal operations.

andromache
Aug 27, 2009

Lawful Neutral Paper Pusher Elemental.

ASAPI posted:

To be correct, the production wasn’t ever “nationalized.” We just purchased in bulk from a handful of imperium producers capable of delivering 50+ hulls at once. Additionally, a non-trivial number of hulls were straight bought off the 1dq1 market if the price was reasonable. We combined that with locally produced modules (often bought in bulk off the 1dq1 market) and gave a fully fit ship back to the pilot at the cost of the net platinum insurance (typically 50mil for a hac).

The people this model destroyed were low effort ship contract listers who imported all their poo poo from jita, slapped a 30% upcharge on the contract. Those guys were done but really that business model is on borrowed time anyway, due to how good the 1dq1 market is. Educating pilots on how pyfa can inject fits into their pilot, and multibuy... listing ships on contract is wasteful. I can often source a doctrine ship via multibuy 20-50mil cheaper than anything on contract. It’s a tax for the lazy and/or stupid.

In any case the alliance isn’t procuring more doctrine hulls for fitted ship replacement. We are putting GSHIP resources on dictor/hictor production as well as a few other devious projects we have in the works. Those guys have limited bandwidth and fitted ship replacement isn’t as high of a priority with the opening up of Helm’s Deep and restarting production.

andromache fucked around with this message at 18:50 on Jan 11, 2021

Johnny Five-Jaces
Jan 21, 2009

also i heard that delta sqad is bullying poor BRAVE and the mangos

War Eagle
Mar 27, 2007

Getting eaten by the Abominable Snowman, thats a freak accident.

RFC2324 posted:

Jesus, having to manually pilot around would make ratting without a bot even more miserable. I actually enjoy ratting and mission running, and that poo poo would make me quit

I just meant manually piloting to the out gate after you were done with the rats, not full on making people manually pilot everywhere.

RFC2324
Jun 7, 2012

http 418

War Eagle posted:

I just meant manually piloting to the out gate after you were done with the rats, not full on making people manually pilot everywhere.

Even that sucks in a game where manual piloting is an obviously tacked on afterthought.

Manual piloting in this game us bad an unreliable

gently caress, probably one time in 10 when I try to do it i end up at least 45° off the intended course

Dalmuti
Apr 8, 2007

Johnny Five-Jaces posted:

also i heard that delta sqad is bullying poor BRAVE and the mangos

we have vanquished the brave menace with the power of posting

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FAT32 SHAMER
Aug 16, 2012

Dalmuti posted:

we have vanquished the brave menace with the power of posting

the power of posting, friendship, and hurricanes