Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Arist
Feb 13, 2012

who, me?

Sinner Sandwich posted:

Arist's LP here on the forums has it in its last update.

Yep. If you wanna read that bit, here it is.

Arist posted:

JEAN VICQUEMARE: “gently caress it, let’s go.” The man points down the street. “Trant brought his motor carriage. It’s a 20 minute drive to Jamrock.”
SHIVERS: [Medium: Success] Under the evening sky the great district turns on its lights: A chessboard of wooden houses, 80,000 living souls inside. Firetraps as far as the eye can see—from Main Street to Precinct 41 atop the motorway, to Boogie Street disappearing into the rain on the horizon… You close your eyes and hear the dogs bark. A lone woman sits by a factory window, dreaming of meteorite strikes. On Rue Saint-Gérôme a square bullet slides into a square-shaped chamber. In Old South a man without eyelids smiles. Spring has come. It’s time.

It's really subtle, but it's there.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

I sincerely appreciate you two fishing that out for me. Thanks.

Fister Roboto
Feb 21, 2008

I love that Trant is a no, probably because he'd blab to everyone in earshot about their plans.

Xander77
Apr 6, 2009

Fuck it then. For another pit sandwich and some 'tater salad, I'll post a few more.

Fister Roboto posted:

I love that Trant is a no, probably because he'd blab to everyone in earshot about their plans.
He'd back-peddle into the stratosphere and take the first known picture of the entire Elysium.

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011

Fister Roboto posted:

He loves the Wompty Dompty Dom centre too much.

UP AND ADAM
Jan 24, 2007

by Pragmatica

Arist posted:

Yep. If you wanna read that bit, here it is.

It's really subtle, but it's there.

lmfao at the square bullet killer making its return

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

idea: use the TF2 voices in 15.ai to voice the skills until the Final Cut is out (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/hbhfbpU.mp4

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

overeager overeater posted:

idea: use the TF2 voices in 15.ai to voice the skills until the Final Cut is out (sound on)

https://i.imgur.com/hbhfbpU.mp4

holy poo poo lmfao

the soldier physical instrument is just perfect in every way

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Please tell me someone’s making a full mod out of that, I need it

Desdinova
Dec 16, 2004
I had to be on my toes, like a midget at a urinal!
Heavy could fill a lotta roles... commie apocalyptic tie works well

AceOfFlames
Oct 9, 2012

Having GLaDOS read the Kingdom of Conscience internalization flavor text is oddly fitting.

overeager overeater
Oct 16, 2011

"The cosmonauts were transfixed with wonderment as the sun set - over the Earth - there lucklessly, untethered Comrade Todd on fire."

AceOfFlames posted:

Having GLaDOS read the Kingdom of Conscience internalization flavor text is oddly fitting.

That works too well...

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

That is perfect.

World War Mammories
Aug 25, 2006

god drat some powerful content in here

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

legit raised hairs here

shivers check

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Goddamn. That 'No.'

That works perfectly.

k-spar
Sep 25, 2004

woooooweeeee I love it

No Dignity
Oct 15, 2007

wow!!

GlyphGryph
Jun 23, 2013

Down came the glitches and burned us in ditches and we slept after eating our dead.

Holy poo poo, this is amazingly perfect.

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
It helps that the writing on Kingdom of Concioussnes is loving killer.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Vagabong posted:

It helps that the writing on Kingdom of Concioussnes is loving killer.

drat right

it is one of the best critiques of the psychology of liberalism there is

Rogue AI Goddess
May 10, 2012

I enjoy the sight of humans on their knees.
That was a joke... unless..?
This is excellent.

Nordick
Sep 3, 2011

Yes.
God drat, and here I was feeding Electrochemistry lines to the Spongebob Squarepants voice, thinking I was onto something.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Encyclopedia would 100% be Data, right

I've been watching The Next Generation recently and he seems like such a natural fit

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
Rubbing my chin in deep ponderation on who is Half Light

Cpt_Obvious
Jun 18, 2007

EorayMel posted:

Samuel L. Jackson

Foglet
Jun 17, 2014

Reality is an illusion.
The universe is a hologram.
Buy gold.

EorayMel posted:

Karl Urban in Dredd

Arrhythmia
Jul 22, 2011
Gilbert Gottfried.

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Got this game this weekend and played it a bunch, but had to take a break for most of this week due to work. It's really good, enjoying it a lot actually, the writing is great and actually genuinely funny at times as well as engaging.
I also really like the skill system and how it seems like you can get a very different take on stuff depending on what skills you take and what thoughts you internalize.

I'm running a high Conceptualization, high Inland Empire type of guy, it's been pretty great. Are there other thoughts that are as good as the art cop thought? Because it seems very powerful, I'm raking in experience from passing conceptualization checks and am constantly at maxed out morale and actually now have something lik 15 morale healing items in the bank.

Cop profile so far, leaving out potential spoilers

Reveilled
Apr 19, 2007

Take up your rifles

Randarkman posted:

I'm running a high Conceptualization, high Inland Empire type of guy, it's been pretty great. Are there other thoughts that are as good as the art cop thought? Because it seems very powerful, I'm raking in experience from passing conceptualization checks and am constantly at maxed out morale and actually now have something lik 15 morale healing items in the bank.

There's Wompty-Dompty Dom Center which gives XP and money every time a passive Encyclopedia check is passed, and The Fifteenth Indotribe, which gives a little money every time you click a green orb.

dead gay comedy forums
Oct 21, 2011

Randarkman posted:

Got this game this weekend and played it a bunch, but had to take a break for most of this week due to work. It's really good, enjoying it a lot actually, the writing is great and actually genuinely funny at times as well as engaging.
I also really like the skill system and how it seems like you can get a very different take on stuff depending on what skills you take and what thoughts you internalize.

Cop profile so far, leaving out potential spoilers

the funniest thing for me about Art Cop is that if you go that way, interpreting morale as mental fortitude, willingness of spirit etc, art is what literally saves Harry's life

so what I am saying is that Communist Sorry Art cop is the ultimate redemption arc

Randarkman
Jul 18, 2011

Just got to the showdown with my art cop. I think I actually did very well.

lucked out on a 42% and shot that motherfucker in the face

Vagabong
Mar 2, 2019
Does HDB reqlly have an Actual Art Degree? Considering his past, it would be fairly incongruous, but qt the same time he does come across as fairly multidisciplinary.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord

Vagabong posted:

Does HDB reqlly have an Actual Art Degree? Considering his past, it would be fairly incongruous, but qt the same time he does come across as fairly multidisciplinary.

Wasn't his ex/deity an art professor or curator or something? Also, he did handle that community mural case recently, which had to cause something to rub off.

Doc Hawkins
Jun 15, 2010

Dashing? But I'm not even moving!

it felt extremely eastern european to me for random people in "low-status" professions to have academic degrees

Animal-Mother
Feb 14, 2012

RABBIT RABBIT
RABBIT RABBIT
Well, that's coming to America real soon.

Poland Spring
Sep 11, 2005
Soon?????? It's been that way, baby

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Animal-Mother posted:

Well, that's coming to America real soon.

the only people i know in service industry hell who don't have degrees are me and people young enough to either still be going to school or looking at slightly older losers like myself going 'lmao whats the point'. and hell, they're right.

Soysaucebeast
Mar 4, 2008

Seriously, I got me a fancy BFA and have worked nothing but retail jobs or call center jobs until I was over 30, and even the job I have now requires any degree, not something specific (and it really doesn't need that requirement. A highschooler could do my job). Just about everyone my age had a degree, and the people younger than me were working towards them. If you're not getting one of the very specific sorts of degrees that basically gets you a specific career right out of college, they're almost worthless at this point. My boyfriend never went to college and has been thinking about going and asked me if I thought he should. I told him truthfully that if it was something he wanted to do then he should, but in my opinion it was hundreds of thousands of dollars of debt for no tangible benefit.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Companies can afford to be choosy because the world is full of people desperate for a job. Which is what makes the fact that communism is pretty much impossible to rebuild all the more tragic.