Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

MedicineHut
Feb 25, 2016

Game is good

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j-ApO6StVJA

e:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nurmie
Dec 8, 2019

"slow epic solemn cover of a popular song as trailer music" being a horribly overused cliche aside, the lyrics are just so loving thematically appropriate to this whole shitshow. It almost feels like an elaborate parody or something, like come the gently caress on

CommissarMega
Nov 18, 2008

THUNDERDOME LOSER

Holy poo poo, I've always heard people say a cat can fit through anything its head can but this is the first time I've actually seen that in practice :allears:

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

bandaid.friend posted:

Rubber imperfections in modern boots are much smaller. If this is meant to be wear and tear, it's too evenly distributed over the boot, isn't concentrated in areas that should see actual wear, and doesn't include tears or scratches. I don't see a mould line from the production process. This is an incredibly unfidelitous boot

Clown Emporium Footwear is pleased to introduce the absolute pinnacle of bespoke elite combat boots: the Cetacean 2942. Each pair is guaranteed to be hand-crafted by master artisans using antique tools, with an eye towards creating beautiful and perhaps inexplicable imperfections. Nothing better suits your flawless taste, your enviable style, and your canny business sense than owning a pair of the best and most expensive drat space boots ever. Buy Pledge today! (New money warbonds only, boots may or may not exist, agreeing to these terms of service waives all rights regarding actual delivery of anything, not recommended for use on ramps, stairs, ladders, uneven ground, flat surfaces, the empty void of space, or wankpod cots.)

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

Trilobite posted:

Clown Emporium Footwear is pleased to introduce the absolute pinnacle of bespoke elite combat boots: the Cetacean 2942. Each pair is guaranteed to be hand-crafted by master artisans using antique tools, with an eye towards creating beautiful and perhaps inexplicable imperfections. Nothing better suits your flawless taste, your enviable style, and your canny business sense than owning a pair of the best and most expensive drat space boots ever. Buy Pledge today! (New money warbonds only, boots may or may not exist, agreeing to these terms of service waives all rights regarding actual delivery of anything, not recommended for use on ramps, stairs, ladders, uneven ground, flat surfaces, the empty void of space, or wankpod cots.)

Also each boot shipped in a separate box, with a separate shipping charge for each box.

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

Scruffpuff posted:

Also each boot* shipped in a separate box, with a separate shipping charge for each box.

*Boots are still in the planning phase and may change significantly prior to release.

DarkDobe
Jul 11, 2008

Things are looking up...

commando in tophat posted:

I loved the first season where there wasn't any alien poo poo technically there was, but at that point it could be bioweapon as well. I got into it after reading raving reviews of internet nerds about how there are realistic space things and all of that went out of window with magic asteroid and magic portals. But it is still ok I guess

There's just enough space realism in there to keep it fun? But with some stupid limitations - namely detection - considering that anything even resembling 'stealth in space' is loving impossible, and so much of the show ends up hinging on people not knowing where ships are throughout the system - a premise that falls flat immediately if you know anything about emissions/detection.
It's one of those things that's handwaved for the sake of plot, yes, and it's mostly forgivable so far. The extra high-tech space-magic stuff that shows up more and more later doesn't feel particularly out of place.

It's been brought up before but for proper hard-scifi nerdy write ups of almost every concept imaginable, check out Atomic Rockets - or specifically the bit here about stealth and the like if you're curious:
http://www.projectrho.com/public_html/rocket/spacewardetect.php#id--Strategic_Combat_Sensors--There_Ain%27t_No_Stealth_In_Space

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

jesus christ

can roberts just come out with a "lol gotcha guys, i decided this isnt gonna work uhhhhh thanks for the support"

the jig is up come on and put a nail in this coffin

Yes he can, but I doubt he will.

What I'm sort of expecting is that he lets this one go fully, and comes out with a new Kickstarter that doesn't even start on Kickstarter.

But that implies Robert need more gold.

He may actually be satisfied and is working on non-video game stuff since I don't think he likes video games, but rather movies.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kosumo posted:

Can confrim, I tried this with a well used 9volt battery and only got a tingle ...... I then brought a 890 Jump!

:thunkher:

monkeytek
Jun 8, 2010

It wasn't an ELE that wiped out the backer funds. It was Tristan Timothy Taylor.

890 Jumps' have lots of the worst electricity.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

chadbear posted:

They showed off some janky animations last year, I think. I still have it in my browser history.

https://robertsspaceindustries.com/media/9prrneucdubxqr/mp4/StarCitizen_Squadron42_VanduulAttacks.mp4

8-9 years of development.

:discourse:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

Arguments for 10-20x slower acceleration in space, and how I think it would improve fun and realism posted:

Arguments for 10-20x slower acceleration in space
This is a set of arguments specifically about how I think, slower accelerations of thrusters would benefit space flight and space combat. I am going to write another topic on atmospheric flight, so this one is solely for the space part of the argument.

This is the base claim I would make:

quote:

10-20x slower acceleration of thrusters would make space flight and space combat more engaging and realistic.
  • The 10-20x number is a rough estimate. I would like to make smaller ships get stronger debuffs to acceleration than very large ships. An 890 should accelerate slower too, but it is already closer to more realistic slow speeds. While small ships and medium ships feel very light.
  • The second thing, 10-20x slower acceleration does not mean 10-20 slower speed. The top speeds should still be what they are now or whatever the devs want to max them. However the accelration should be slower.
Why the acceleration?
  • It makes players commit for longer for the speed 'regime' they are in now.
  • A player flying very slow is very slow until he invests time and fuel to accelerate to a higher speed.
  • A player flying at very high speed is committing to being very fast, and it would cost him time and fuel to get slower again.
That adds a strategic layer to choosing the velocity. This applies to both combat and non-combat situations.

How it affects non-combat:
A player flying over a planet or moon surface, looking for things, be it rocks, rare plants, wrecks. If he flies slow then he will cover less ground, however he will have more time to inspect the ground he is flying over more closely. (I am really hoping the game's upcoming radar systems will leave room for visual spotting). Flying faster covers more ground, but costs more fuel to slow down.

Committing to any velocity extreme comes with advantages and disadvantages.

How it affects combat:
  • Imagine you are floating in space, perhaps in front of Korea station.
  • You check your missions or loadout.
  • Then a hostile contact appears 3 kilometers behind you and starts shooting.
  • You take a hit, then quickly turn towards the hostile target and accelerate towards it.
  • As it moves towards you at 1.1 km/s and you do the same, the closing rate is 2.2 km/s

Let me emphasize:
2.2 kilometers per second. That is Mach 6.41 - 6.41 times the speed of sound.
Ships can interact with each other within a 5km bubble, depending on weapons. That leaves you, or the hostile 2.5 seconds to interact (shoot). Then you disappear from each other's weapon range.

I have prepared a drawing for this:

This is bad. Because then you don't get that tight 'visceral' dogfight experience. Here is why:
  • In a ww2 combat scenario, a spitfire chasing a bf109 would perhaps fly towards it at 550km/h.
  • The target BF would fly at 520km/h (arbitrary numbers, not indicating what plane has the better speed at which situation or altitude).
  • The spitfire gains on the target at 30km/h (8.33 meters per second).
  • If the spitfire has an optimal firing range of 300 or less meters and he is 500m away, then he would get within that range in 25 seconds. 25 seconds of intense chasing of your opponent as he tries to get away or dodge you getting him into the sights.
And that's the point, you want dogfights to be about ships chasing each other in a narrow window of firing opportunity.

A video from DCS, showing a BF109 that I chased and shot its engine dead. Their relative speeds are very low, you get this visceral slow flying along the target and see what is going on with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNHkxCFpaE

However that is not possible if ships blink out of view within 2 seconds. The game should bring the closing rates of ships chasing each other to 5-10 meters persecond. Not 2.2 kilometers per second.

And you get that by making acceleration take longer. 10-20 slower acceleration would do that. Note that does not mean reaching topspeed 10-20x slower. Because of different thruster power related to ship mass.

'But it's good for miners. Miners should not be defenseless targets.'
I would disagree. A miner caught in an ambush, should not get a free ticket to escape within 2-5 seconds. He should try to get away and fight with all its claws to fend off the attacker to damage it or keep it away until it can escape. And if the pirate is faster, that still does not mean the pirate is going to win. Also there is a lot of things the miner can do BEFORE being found by a pirate to avoid combat. A miner escaping an ambush should be a messy situation with narrow escapes and damage and chaos that takes perhaps a minute or longer. Not 5 seconds.

Ship thrust power
Currently it's very hard to have granular control over thrust power. The 'notches' you can mousewheel appear to very coarse. The stepping for the thrust power gauge should be finer, so players can easily mousewheel between 45% and 45.3%, instead of 45% and 50%.
This is evident when trying to fly slow and slowly increasing thrust power. There is not enough room in the thruster power gauge to do that.

The second issue:
Thruster power affects all thrusters equally. This causes issues:
  • When flying with 5% thrust power, the main thruster is soft and smooth. However the pitch and yaw controls also only have 5% of the (much weaker than the main thruster) maneuvering thrusters. That means the ship will wobble around while trying to fly straight.
  • The next issue is that if you want to take off from a 1g pad or planet, you have to keep all thrusters at a minimum level so that the strafe-up thrusters can keep up. For a pisces 87% thrust. For all thrusters.
A solution would be to have 3 thruster controls:
  • Main thruster, back and forward
  • Vertical
  • Maneuver (thrusters that control pitch, yaw, roll, strafe sidewards)
Then a pilot can take off with the sufficient thrust he needs while not instantly accelerating to 50m/s when pressing W for a second.

this is a video demonstrating the above points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Mx512zJxo

Video with timestamp showing dev flying a nomad chasing an avenger, and the ships are purposefully kept at low relative speeds to give it the apperance of classic dogfights. So I think CIG wants the dogfighting to be with slow relative speeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQL4xyLFow

TheDeadlyShoe
Feb 14, 2014

As far as I can tell cig has given up on making a good flight model, so good luck commando.

Reminds me of the recent article about ED Odyssey where they talk about going through dozens of iterations on the speed of movement, combat, and gunplay to nail the feel they are shooting for. Iteration is God but all SC had to offer are refactors.

Kosumo
Apr 9, 2016

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

As far as I can tell cig has given up on making a good flight model, so good luck commando.

Reminds me of the recent article about ED Odyssey where they talk about going through dozens of iterations on the speed of movement, combat, and gunplay to nail the feel they are shooting for. Iteration is God but all SC had to offer are refactors.

No!

Christ Roberts be his name!

Fidelity!

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

I Thought This Picture Was Taken In SC posted:

...but actually, it's from CP2077 and I think it's weird that this picture resembles Star Citizen so much. Or should I say, the Idea of it...

High heels undersuit for female players posted:

/^

Ooh, I feel like people gonna hate me for this idea ^_^

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Scruffpuff posted:

Also each boot shipped in a separate box, with a separate shipping charge for each box.

You pledge for a pair of boots but only get one.

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao
A wild Erin appears

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

quote:

You will eventually be able to run the game smoothly with that hardware, absolutely.

Right now? You will get the alpha experience now; note two things about this statement: one, the alpha stage of development doesn't include a lot of polish and performance tuning. That is true in SC as it is in any game at this stage. And two, the game is both playable for hours at a time, and often frustrating with desynch, crashes and other bugs.

Super important to get your head straight on this, because the biggest cause of frustration is mismanaged personal expectations :)

Now if this still sounds good to you, you'll get the space sim experience that is not available anywhere else. I am addicted and can't play any other game for more than a few minutes before I log back into SC. They all pale in comparison, even at this buggy, early stage.

As for MP question, yes it's an MMO with 50 players per server currently. See my first statement; they'll likely do a round of performance polishing soon and increase that, with things like iCache and server meshing coming online in '21 and '22, increasing from 50 in chunks until they get it tuned in Beta at some point.

Patience - but it's so worth it!

Jonny Shiloh
Mar 7, 2019
You 'orrible little man

A poster who sounds suspiciously like John Pritchett posted:

• The 10-20x number is a rough estimate. I would like to make smaller ships get stronger debuffs to acceleration than very large ships. An 890 should accelerate slower too, but it is already closer to more realistic slow speeds. While small ships and medium ships feel very light.
  • The second thing, 10-20x slower acceleration does not mean 10-20 slower speed. The top speeds should still be what they are now or whatever the devs want to max them. However the accelration should be slower.
Why the acceleration?
  • It makes players commit for longer for the speed 'regime' they are in now.
  • A player flying very slow is very slow until he invests time and fuel to accelerate to a higher speed.
  • A player flying at very high speed is committing to being very fast, and it would cost him time and fuel to get slower again.
That adds a strategic layer to choosing the velocity. This applies to both combat and non-combat situations.

How it affects non-combat:
A player flying over a planet or moon surface, looking for things, be it rocks, rare plants, wrecks. If he flies slow then he will cover less ground, however he will have more time to inspect the ground he is flying over more closely. (I am really hoping the game's upcoming radar systems will leave room for visual spotting). Flying faster covers more ground, but costs more fuel to slow down.

Committing to any velocity extreme comes with advantages and disadvantages.

How it affects combat:
  • Imagine you are floating in space, perhaps in front of Korea station.
  • You check your missions or loadout.
  • Then a hostile contact appears 3 kilometers behind you and starts shooting.
  • You take a hit, then quickly turn towards the hostile target and accelerate towards it.
  • As it moves towards you at 1.1 km/s and you do the same, the closing rate is 2.2 km/s

Let me emphasize:
2.2 kilometers per second. That is Mach 6.41 - 6.41 times the speed of sound.
Ships can interact with each other within a 5km bubble, depending on weapons. That leaves you, or the hostile 2.5 seconds to interact (shoot). Then you disappear from each other's weapon range.

I have prepared a drawing for this:

This is bad. Because then you don't get that tight 'visceral' dogfight experience. Here is why:
  • In a ww2 combat scenario, a spitfire chasing a bf109 would perhaps fly towards it at 550km/h.
  • The target BF would fly at 520km/h (arbitrary numbers, not indicating what plane has the better speed at which situation or altitude).
  • The spitfire gains on the target at 30km/h (8.33 meters per second).
  • If the spitfire has an optimal firing range of 300 or less meters and he is 500m away, then he would get within that range in 25 seconds. 25 seconds of intense chasing of your opponent as he tries to get away or dodge you getting him into the sights.
And that's the point, you want dogfights to be about ships chasing each other in a narrow window of firing opportunity.

A video from DCS, showing a BF109 that I chased and shot its engine dead. Their relative speeds are very low, you get this visceral slow flying along the target and see what is going on with it:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jsNHkxCFpaE

However that is not possible if ships blink out of view within 2 seconds. The game should bring the closing rates of ships chasing each other to 5-10 meters persecond. Not 2.2 kilometers per second.

And you get that by making acceleration take longer. 10-20 slower acceleration would do that. Note that does not mean reaching topspeed 10-20x slower. Because of different thruster power related to ship mass.

'But it's good for miners. Miners should not be defenseless targets.'
I would disagree. A miner caught in an ambush, should not get a free ticket to escape within 2-5 seconds. He should try to get away and fight with all its claws to fend off the attacker to damage it or keep it away until it can escape. And if the pirate is faster, that still does not mean the pirate is going to win. Also there is a lot of things the miner can do BEFORE being found by a pirate to avoid combat. A miner escaping an ambush should be a messy situation with narrow escapes and damage and chaos that takes perhaps a minute or longer. Not 5 seconds.

Ship thrust power
Currently it's very hard to have granular control over thrust power. The 'notches' you can mousewheel appear to very coarse. The stepping for the thrust power gauge should be finer, so players can easily mousewheel between 45% and 45.3%, instead of 45% and 50%.
This is evident when trying to fly slow and slowly increasing thrust power. There is not enough room in the thruster power gauge to do that.

The second issue:
Thruster power affects all thrusters equally. This causes issues:
  • When flying with 5% thrust power, the main thruster is soft and smooth. However the pitch and yaw controls also only have 5% of the (much weaker than the main thruster) maneuvering thrusters. That means the ship will wobble around while trying to fly straight.
  • The next issue is that if you want to take off from a 1g pad or planet, you have to keep all thrusters at a minimum level so that the strafe-up thrusters can keep up. For a pisces 87% thrust. For all thrusters.
A solution would be to have 3 thruster controls:
  • Main thruster, back and forward
  • Vertical
  • Maneuver (thrusters that control pitch, yaw, roll, strafe sidewards)
Then a pilot can take off with the sufficient thrust he needs while not instantly accelerating to 50m/s when pressing W for a second.

this is a video demonstrating the above points:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l_Mx512zJxo

Video with timestamp showing dev flying a nomad chasing an avenger, and the ships are purposefully kept at low relative speeds to give it the apperance of classic dogfights. So I think CIG wants the dogfighting to be with slow relative speeds.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1TQL4xyLFow

Give it up Pritchett, they got rid of you, Colson's the guy in charge now.

Dr. Honked
Jan 9, 2011

eat it you slaaaaaaag

Patriotic citizer about to be 30k'ed by antifa as he loads his boxes
https://www.instagram.com/p/CJ6s-G9lScE/?utm_source=ig_web_copy_link

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable
You guys picking on the boot graphics is amusing.

On the one hand I feel it's super not picky and I'd not bother doing it.

On the other hand, somebody can literally zoom into the toe of a boot to see the little crevices of what I assume is rubber and it looks fidelitous albeit strange.

I feel like CIG opens themselves up to both the "ooh it's so much realism!" and also the "it's ugly and makes no sense and isn't super great" conversations simultaneously.

Like if somebody made a boot like in most games, and maybe did like a texture for laces and it's black and it's on your feet and heck, you leave little foot prints where you walk... that'd be totally fine and serviceable. Probably nobody would care about the boot, and I think most importantly is it does its job as being a boot.

All this extra work, extra time, extra high detail is great... but as indicated the cost is that of a poorly optimized and poorly performing user experience in the end.

I guess I hope that CIG figures out where the middle ground is between "this is good enough for my game and it will run well" and "this label on the bottom of your trash can has to be a 4K label so if the trash can falls over you can perfectly read the label if you put your face right up to it and it fills your screen and I want to see no pixels."

BumbleOne
Jul 1, 2018

by Fluffdaddy

Thoatse posted:

A wild Erin appears

thats him in the trashpile!

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

That's him stuck in the doorway!

Deptfordx
Dec 23, 2013

TheDeadlyShoe posted:

The classic Independance War had a really interesting Newtonian Physics based system that was unique and really interesting to play.

Star Citizen doesn't (I haven't played it, just dip into this thread ocassionally) do anything like that then?

colonelwest
Jun 30, 2018

Deptfordx posted:

The classic Independance War had a really interesting Newtonian Physics based system that was unique and really interesting to play.

Star Citizen doesn't (I haven't played it, just dip into this thread ocassionally) do anything like that then?

Lol no. The game’s physics are one of its biggest debacles. They don’t even even have a flight model. Ships just move around in no-clip mode. In fact you can enter an atmosphere and fly to a few feet above the ground, stop, flip your ship so it’s perpendicular to the ground with the nose pointing down, and it will just stay there perfectly motionless.

But if you ask CIG or a member of the Citizen’s Defense Force, they’ll tell you that there is an amazing and complex physics simulation running under the hood, but they just can’t turn it on yet until server meshing or some other god tech that’s always 1-2 years away is finished.

colonelwest fucked around with this message at 00:10 on Jan 12, 2021

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

colonelwest posted:

Lol no. The game’s physics are one of its biggest debacles. They don’t even even have a flight model. Ships just move around in no-clip mode. In fact you can enter an atmosphere and fly to a few feet above the ground, stop, flip your ship so it’s perpendicular to the ground with the nose pointing down, and it will just stay there perfectly motionless.

But if you ask CIG or a member of the Citizen’s Defense Force, they’ll tell you that there is an amazing and complex physics simulation running under the hood, but they just can’t turn it on yet until server meshing or some other god tech that’s always 1-2 years away is finished.

If we just post these two videos of Robert Space, Physicist and Entrepreneur, the man who personally programmed the legendary physics engine in Star Engine, followed by the man himself playing Store Citizer live. It explains itself very well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fxxlrKlLO9g

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZWq8ynUq7wM

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

colonelwest posted:

There was a great "gameplay" video a year or so ago where whoever was in charge of making the planetary craft look like it was cruising through the atmosphere sort of lost focus for a moment, and you could see the "physics" weren't there at all, and he was just simulating how it should look, just like a kid running around his yard with a toy jet. The ship just kind of noclips around for a moment, then he regains his focus and starts faking the physics again.

Star Citizen is like a giant puppet show where half the time you can see the guys arms coming up from the stage. Yet it persists.

Flannelette
Jan 17, 2010

Mirificus posted:

Thrust stuff
[/quote]

Just copy the other space combat games, they all copy each other for a reason.

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot

The Titanic posted:

Yes he can, but I doubt he will.

What I'm sort of expecting is that he lets this one go fully, and comes out with a new Kickstarter that doesn't even start on Kickstarter.

But that implies Robert need more gold.

He may actually be satisfied and is working on non-video game stuff since I don't think he likes video games, but rather movies.

if that idiot comes out with his name credited in a prominent film making position im pretty sure that in of itself would be the stimpire's trumpet on strap dildozen

nawledgelambo
Nov 8, 2016

Immersion chariot
strap dildozer

that flows off the rear end in a top hat better

Zazz Razzamatazz
Apr 19, 2016

by sebmojo

Scruffpuff posted:

There was a great "gameplay" video a year or so ago where whoever was in charge of making the planetary craft look like it was cruising through the atmosphere sort of lost focus for a moment, and you could see the "physics" weren't there at all, and he was just simulating how it should look, just like a kid running around his yard with a toy jet. The ship just kind of noclips around for a moment, then he regains his focus and starts faking the physics again.

Star Citizen is like a giant puppet show where half the time you can see the guys arms coming up from the stage. Yet it persists.

drat, I wanna see that one now.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Deptfordx posted:

https://v.redd.it/fohakq139sa61/DASH_1080.mp4

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

MedicineHut posted:

Nah, there is little Odyssey can do to impact this shitshow. For as long as there is money to fuel CIG no other game successes or failures as the case may be will make a dent to this train wreck.

Elite : Odyssey will fuel more spacenerds buying into Star Citizen out of spite. Star Citizen will earn more due to the release of spacelegs for Elite. Hardcore backers will throw more money into the trashfire because they can, believing it will make Star Citizen better.

Its all going to be great!

no_recall
Aug 17, 2015

Lipstick Apathy

The main problem with the Idris is the "vectored" / moving nacalles. They are the ships biggest downfall, and its biggest problem. Though this reminds me of using a viper and taking out pirate conda's for 2000 credits back in Elite's beta.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

nawledgelambo posted:

if that idiot comes out with his name credited in a prominent film making position im pretty sure that in of itself would be the stimpire's trumpet on strap dildozen

Sandi literally made movies on CIG property with CIG equipment, and left to go be an actress while still collecting money.

CR doesn't even play his favorite game he's making it except once years ago.

I'm pretty sure he can come out with a space ship dildo strap on and call it Star Citizen and everybody would love it and buy it. He can do no evil.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

no_recall posted:

Elite : Odyssey will fuel more spacenerds buying into Star Citizen out of spite. Star Citizen will earn more due to the release of spacelegs for Elite. Hardcore backers will throw more money into the trashfire because they can, believing it will make Star Citizen better.

Its all going to be great!

BRB, spite pledging a few Javelins because Frontier is trash.

Ponzi
Feb 21, 2016

DEPORTED FROM FLAVOR TOWN

ICSA 67 LOSER
Fun Shoe

Colostomy Bag posted:

You pledge for a pair of boots but only get one.

And all boots are for the right foot

Flared Basic Bitch
Feb 22, 2005

Invading your personal space since 1968.

Scruffpuff posted:

So you’re saying persistence is in.

Sarsapariller
Aug 14, 2015

Occasional vampire queen

Meanwhile the single dev for Starship EVO continues to absolutely shame the Star Citizen guys. This week he's basically introduced the whole map system from Elite Dangerous.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UYvCNBbGTzs

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Trilobite
Aug 15, 2001

Ponzi posted:

And all boots are for the right foot

Occasionally the boot will become attached to the elbow, or your entire body will become the boot. This is fine and normal. It's an ALPHAAAAAAAAAAAA