Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

frgildan
Apr 6, 2005

I went some place mum and everyday I woke up in that place and told myself I'm alive and I was.

I said come in! posted:

For tanking, the Ebon armor set is bugged when combined with the Ebon weapons, what would I want to use instead for a 1-hand/shield?

I use ebon armor set and for jewelry weapons I use Yolnahkriin. If you dont want to set foot in a raid akavari dragonguard or Battalion Defender work pretty well. Both sets can be bought off guild merchants. If you want to have some fun use Arkasis’s Genius and Akavari Dragonguard together and you and your group will spam ultimates forever. Sadly to get Arkasis you would have to farm Stone garden.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

I said come in! posted:

PvP in this game is garbage, don't bother doing it unless you hate yourself and wish you weren't alive.

So endgame is mostly PvE? I prefer PvP but the questing and dungeons are fun so far

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

a pale ghost posted:

So endgame is mostly PvE? I prefer PvP but the questing and dungeons are fun so far

Yes, if you have a subscription, you get access to a massive amount of group content. There's no shortage of PvE stuff to do really.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

Would you like a jelly baby?
It's been in my pocket through 4 regenerations,
but it's still good.

a pale ghost posted:

As someone who loves the game still, and played WOW on a PvP server, I try to PvP as little as possible. Even the summer PvP event I only did for a couple days and then just went "gently caress it."

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Can you not open doors to adjoining areas when a guard is after you? I stole a sword and got trapped in the shop with a guard who wailed on me

The Diddler
Jun 22, 2006

a pale ghost posted:

Can you not open doors to adjoining areas when a guard is after you? I stole a sword and got trapped in the shop with a guard who wailed on me

As far as I can tell, you need like 4 seconds to open a door. If you get hit during it, you get cancelled out of the door animation and you don't load to the next zone.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

No. The one exception is the outlaws refuge. Always be careful when stealing inside. If it's a big enough place like a palace you might be able to lose the guard for long enough to be able to open a door.

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

Is there any sort of endgame for thieving?

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura

a pale ghost posted:

Yes, but it requires you to PVP on a non-faction locked server.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

If you have the Thieves guild DLC there are some repeatable missions that kind of function as a thieving end game. I'm not sure the occasional motif drops truly put it on the same level as the PvE or PvP endgames. Outside the DLC, I don't think so. All fully leveling the Legerdemain skill line does is raise the drop quality, and not by that much. I guess if you like pick-pocketing you can make your own endgame of pickpocketing nobles in Vvardenfell for rare motifs, and there are zones with rare furnishing plans that fetch a pretty penny, but it's all more RNG based than skill based.

If I'm missing something I'd love to know because thieving is fun, but I found it ultimately not that rewarding contentwise.

DoriDori240 posted:

Do you mean stuff like this? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431762/stealing-scrolls-with-spy-characters

Hakarne
Jul 23, 2007
Vivo en el autobús!

Is there anyone that wants to buy some crowns with gold? I was going to go through all the hoops for TCE but :effort:

a pale ghost
Dec 31, 2008

DoriDori240 posted:

I wasn't aware there were servers, I don't even remember choosing one

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

a pale ghost posted:

I wasn't aware there were servers, I don't even remember choosing one
They're called campaigns in game. When you go to cyro you choose from three or four campaigns. One (or a couple I dunno) are alliance locked, meaning you can only get in with a character from that alliance. The non locked ones you can go in with a character of one alliance, then log out and log in with another character from another alliance.

None of this applies to BGs.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

Peaceful Anarchy posted:

If you have the Thieves guild DLC there are some repeatable missions that kind of function as a thieving end game. I'm not sure the occasional motif drops truly put it on the same level as the PvE or PvP endgames. Outside the DLC, I don't think so. All fully leveling the Legerdemain skill line does is raise the drop quality, and not by that much. I guess if you like pick-pocketing you can make your own endgame of pickpocketing nobles in Vvardenfell for rare motifs, and there are zones with rare furnishing plans that fetch a pretty penny, but it's all more RNG based than skill based.

If I'm missing something I'd love to know because thieving is fun, but I found it ultimately not that rewarding contentwise.

Do you mean stuff like this? https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/431762/stealing-scrolls-with-spy-characters

If there's anything that I will remember about this dumpster fire, it will always be this glorious fiasco when I drowned 3 scrolls in slaughterfish waters and got my exploits posted not only on their forums, but reddit as well.

Cuddly Tumblemumps
Aug 23, 2013

Postmodernity means the exhilarating freedom to pursue anything, yet mind-boggling uncertainty as to what is worth pursuing and in the name of what one should pursue it.
The PvP in this game is only broken in fun ways every third patch.

Scyantific posted:

If there's anything that I will remember about this dumpster fire, it will always be this glorious fiasco when I drowned 3 scrolls in slaughterfish waters and got my exploits posted not only on their forums, but reddit as well.

Thank you for your service.

Baron Porkface
Jan 22, 2007

I could have sworn there was an in-game resource that told you how each antiquity lead was found, is that the case?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Baron Porkface posted:

I could have sworn there was an in-game resource that told you how each antiquity lead was found, is that the case?

I don't think it is an in game thing but there are plenty of web sites and such.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Trastion posted:

I don't think it is an in game thing but there are plenty of web sites and such.

In-game, as far as I know, once you discover a lead it will tell you how it's acquired, but I don't recall it doing that for anything you haven't found yet.

fake edit: while trying to look this up I see that leads expire after 30 days?? Is that correct? That's extremely dumb.

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Doctor Zero posted:

In-game, as far as I know, once you discover a lead it will tell you how it's acquired, but I don't recall it doing that for anything you haven't found yet.

fake edit: while trying to look this up I see that leads expire after 30 days?? Is that correct? That's extremely dumb.

It will tell you where to go find it but I think he means looking at the leads you don't have yet and have it tell you something like "kill x boss" or "found in x dungeon". That is not in the game afaik. On pc there is probably a mod for it though.

Yes the leads for unique items and such do. The generic leads like the green and blue ones never do.

You can get leads on your alts and do them on your main characters though so you don't have to level Antiquities on each character.

Doctor Zero
Sep 21, 2002

but it's still good.

Trastion posted:

It will tell you where to go find it but I think he means looking at the leads you don't have yet and have it tell you something like "kill x boss" or "found in x dungeon". That is not in the game afaik. On pc there is probably a mod for it though.

Yes the leads for unique items and such do. The generic leads like the green and blue ones never do.

You can get leads on your alts and do them on your main characters though so you don't have to level Antiquities on each character.

I could have sworn once you get a lead it tells you where it came from. Maybe he and I are in the same Mandela effect universe

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Doctor Zero posted:

You get leads even if you don't have Greymoor, and therefore can't do anything with them, so I'm pretty sure this is an attempt at pressuring people to buy the expansion.

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Twitch Drops are enabled now for Elder Scrolls Online. https://www.elderscrollsonline.com/en-us/streamers

Derrio
Oct 13, 2010

That's not funny.
Are there any active goon guilds left? Daggerfall Goons seems to be deader than Melania Trump's eyes.

I want to leech some training gear: @Derrio

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Tonight I did my first trials. Tanked them. I should probably not do that again cause I was really horrible at understanding anything.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

I said come in! posted:

Tonight I did my first trials. Tanked them. I should probably not do that again cause I was really horrible at understanding anything.

Sounds like the people you were with didn't know how to explain anything. What was the trial and what did you not understand?

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Got the itch to play this again. I own all the expacs (except the newest one) but always bounced off the game after beating their main stories. Is there any reason to do the post release content for the older expacs or should I just buy Greymoor out the gate?

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

ESO+ free trial for a week. Fill up that craftbag, and get your Thieve's Guild and Dark Brotherhood skill lines unlocked.

Ibram Gaunt
Jul 22, 2009

Oh yeah and I'm sure the OP is outdated but my userID is @Alzam22 if anyone can send me an invite to the guild.

Stalins Moustache
Dec 31, 2012

~~**I'm Italian!**~~
I've just started playing this with some friends and I'm having an absolute blast! It's so much fun and nostalgia filled running around Morrowind and all :)
I'm currently playing a magicka Necromancer and I'm having fun with that, though I am also interested in trying out stamina necromancer at some point becuase the aesthetic of being a necromancer using a two-handed weapon is so appealing to me. Just how min-maxy is this community, however? Will I be entering trials if I play something that is out of the meta?

Trastion
Jul 24, 2003
The one and only.

Stalins Moustache posted:

I've just started playing this with some friends and I'm having an absolute blast! It's so much fun and nostalgia filled running around Morrowind and all :)
I'm currently playing a magicka Necromancer and I'm having fun with that, though I am also interested in trying out stamina necromancer at some point becuase the aesthetic of being a necromancer using a two-handed weapon is so appealing to me. Just how min-maxy is this community, however? Will I be entering trials if I play something that is out of the meta?

For DPS classes your pretty much good with anything unless you are going to try to get into the try-hard trial guilds who make you do tests and stuff. For healers and tanks you are still going to be ok with weird stuff for most content. Again if you go for try-hard guilds your going to have to follow the meta but for most things you play anything you want.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

Datamine says next chapter is Blackwood, not Skingrad as previously speculated. The actual announcement is in like 5 hours.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

:laffo: the gimmick this year is Followers

Houseguests were a beta test for this

Nerd Of Prey
Aug 10, 2002

Scyantific posted:

:laffo: the gimmick this year is Followers

Houseguests were a beta test for this

I'm extremely glad to hear this, it's something I miss a lot from other Elder Scrolls games, and RPG's in general. I really enjoy it when NPC's join you for quests even for a short time. Just for flavor / RP / whatever it's nice to have an NPC buddy tagging along for solo quests. Eager to hear more!

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

TESO IV: Oblivion: Argonian flavored. Except the Argonians won't counter-invade this time around because ~*lore reasons*~

The only good thing that was shown was the option to choose your own tutorial. Looking forward to "complete server hardware replacement" failing horribly like last year's "Performance Patches"

DoriDori240
Aug 1, 2003

Needs more Anna Ohura
I don't give a gently caress about all that poo poo...CP REWORK IS UPON US AND IT LOOKS loving GOOD.

MH Knights
Aug 4, 2007

Is there a decent summary/write-up of the presentation somewhere?

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

DoriDori240 posted:

I don't give a gently caress about all that poo poo...CP REWORK IS UPON US AND IT LOOKS loving GOOD.

Hope you're ready to grind to 3600 then.

Something something procsets being disabled in pvp in february, might just be worth the reinstall for that month.

Peaceful Anarchy
Sep 18, 2005
sXe
I am the math man.

MH Knights posted:

Is there a decent summary/write-up of the presentation somewhere?
They said they're posting things tomorrow, but I think these are the key points:

New chapter is Blackwoods, between cyro and shadowfen. No new skills or classes, big feature is companions who will help everywhere except PVP, maybe, there was a lot of hedging and handwaving about how exactly they'll work or how strong they'll be.

Indriks replaced by a floating pet rock that morphs into things: a skin, a personality, a mount and a house.

CP gear cap is still 160, but overall cap increased to 3600 and system changed with a mix of always active passives and slotted passives and like 90 things to spend points on and it's coming in the next major update (in a month or two for live, but on PTS tomorrow so I guess theory crafting will come around soon enough). It's a cap increase, not a rescale, so fun grinding for everyone, but hopefully it won't be so bad. Supposedly a lot of it is more flavour than power so that people can get fully powered characters even if not near the cap.

Something about armor passives being changed or added to so that heavy/med/light have more differentiation.

Synthwave Crusader
Feb 13, 2011

https://forums.elderscrollsonline.com/en/discussion/559230/update-29-combat-preview

Combat Preview. This is what's coming in Update 29 (Flames of Ambition), not in update 30 (Blackwood).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nina
Oct 9, 2016

Invisible werewolf (entirely visible, not actually a wolf)
Could be cool. I'm definitely on board for argonian poo poo and Tuttle sounds legit into Mehrunes Dagon and is a big weird lorehead so I have cautious enthusiasm for at least a halfway interesting writing.