Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Vox Valentine
May 31, 2013

Solving all of life's problems through enhanced casting of Occam's Razor. Reward yourself with an imaginary chalice.

Hodgepodge posted:

it would of course be the lady scientist who got left out of the photo with the nice nazi paperclip transplants
"Not now darling, we have an official government cargo cult to set up. Be a dear and get me my anti-cancer protomatter and burn those documents about the Deep One corpse storage in the Mojave."

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

Hostile V posted:

"Not now darling, we have an official government cargo cult to set up. Be a dear and get me my anti-cancer protomatter and burn those documents about the Deep One corpse storage in the Mojave."

the documents from a colder war but being read as she feeds them into a shredder

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

"Whoops, silly old me, I accidentally put the documents into the copier by mistake. You know us dumb blondes. I'll just go burn these originals now... assholes."

Said as sardonically as humanly possible while resisting the urge to stab every male in the lab with her pen, probably.

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
hahaha, yes, i knew i was right about the Yeti thing. :allears:

I honestly really love the idea of stranded Yetis making an alliance with a human scientist to try and fix the impairments their society inflicted on them, it's the kind of thing you'd expect to happen if Delta Green wasn't quite so grimdark.

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

Should i be concerned that the robots are referred to as animatronics, that there is a bear head AND a banjo? Do we need to operate doors that use power to remain closed?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
hey so guess what happens if you fail that one roll

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

Hodgepodge posted:

hey so guess what happens if you fail that one roll

A great example! I would look at this as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b69bNslA-II

plaintiff
May 15, 2015

Black August posted:

A great example! I would look at this as well. :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b69bNslA-II

That genuinely disturbed me when I watched it, it took me a month to stop thinking about it. Somehow it just [edit] tickled my fears in just the right way to leave me unnerved.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

OST: Pluto Tower

You sit there, realizing you haven't heard half of what Alyssa was saying about her past. Just that these are mushroom aliens, and she's somehow now a brain in a jar in a creepy animal robot. You stare at the carpets and their continual swirling, before you come aware enough to understand you're being asked for help.

Yeah. Sure. Ok. You nod and tell her and Charon you'll help them. You don't trust them, you'd like to blast them all to Hell and escape, but that just wasn't an option. The calm of the Silver Mind stays your hand as you sit up to hear them out.

['OH! Wonderful! Oh thank you so much. Well, you see... as you see, we've been experimenting quite a lot since we came here, trying to finish what we started in the previous existence. One project was to create a new body for me so I could more efficiently operate. It has so many wonderful systems- astral plating, artificial psychic etherboard, protomatter lattice muscles... my dream body. Um. Well. Until the etherboard managed to... start thinking for itself. Then it hijacked its own weapon systems and tried to kill us before retreating to the roof, where it's been trapped. But we can't leave, because it destroys anything coming in or out of the tower!']

A'ight. You tell her you assume this means you need to go get it back?

['Oh! Well. Yes. But what I wanted to ask you FIRST is if you could go save one of the Plutos, Nyx. She got trapped downstairs in the courtyard a while ago, and she needs someone to rescue her. I should warn you though-']

You bob your knee up and down as you shift in the chair, petting Kwiat impatiently. Ohhh this is getting obnoxiously complex.

['Nyx is... not...']

Alyssa and Charon look at each other, as the brainbot tries to find the words, and the Pluto colors purple.

['Nyx is somewhat disabled. See, she, she's a second-generation genetic attempt at bridging the logic gap issue Plutos have. It was successful! But it had a LOT of side effects. We tried to arm her to be able to recover my new body after that, but it wasn't enough. We'd feel so much safer if she was back up here with us. Do you think for a start you could go to the courtyard and try to bring her here? Then we can worry about the body.']

Despite your exhaustion, you leap out of the chair and agree, if only to escape the wet moldy office and the endless lecture. You tell Alyssa the stairs are out of order, though.

['Ah! That's fine! Charon has the button codes for the elevator, he can show you how to get to the courtyard. Oh, please please know we're very grateful for the help. We've been so desperate for rescue, and supplies are running low with no way to go scavenging the city or forest. Please, take your time. I look forward to your return!']

You're already halfway out the door, smiling strained. Charon scuttles after you, intoning 'FOLLOW FOLLOW YES DOWN DOWN GO.'

The Pluto takes off rapidly. It was clear he was the most competent of all his crew, and seemed to be the only psychic among the lot. The other Plutos hide, watch, and follow at a distance, flickering through curious shades. Each cluck from Kwiat spooks them into deep-green retreat, crashing through doors or over desks. Many of them talk at you with their screeching vox volume.

'IS MEAT? IS MEAT? MUSH-ROOM MUSH-ROOM.'
'SCARY MEAT SCARY SCARY FRIGHTEN.'
'MUSH-ROOM MUSH-ROOM HAS BRKLRBAWKLBRKLLABWBKRLLBKRL. FRIGHTEN.'

That last one makes you jump with how sudden and weird it sounds, until you understand they're pointing at Kwiat. You shield her a little closer, realizing you don't trust leaving her here with them while you go get this 'Nyx'. Well, honestly, you don't trust Kwiat either; she seems hellbent on wriggling out of her bag to start snacking on the Plutos.

Charon eventually drops you off at a derelict elevator. He opens it, ushers you inside, and then points at the buttons on the wall- they go all the way up to 75. The Pluto explains at lightning pace-

'PRESS PRESS ORDER BUTTON PRESS: DOWN DOWN 16 2 16 8 CLOSE 8 16 CLOSE CLOSE DOWN DOWN UP 16 2'

You-

The Silver Mind posted:

Got it.

-yeah. Yeah ok. Thanks. Charon steps back, coloring a softer powder-blue, while you allow psychic memory to take over and start smashing the buttons in the order given. The car keeps still for a good minute, and then begins to descend with an awful screech and gentle shiver. You sit down in a corner while hugging Kwiat- the numbers don't light up to show you where you are, so all you can do is sit under the dim yellow bulb and wait.

ANXIETY: [ X ][20%][Mushroom'd]

You fight to keep the images of flesh out of your mind. You try to not gag on the unbearably humid and spore-laden air. You know these strange creatures are probably going to try to hurt you, do something horrible, but you have no choice but to try to win them over until you can escape. At least you found out it would be a bad idea to just cut loose- Alyssa's rogue new body would have nuked you, apparently.

Eventually, after you start to doze off, the elevator comes to a sudden stop. It waits a moment, starts to ascend, and then finally opens its doors. You scramble up and draw your gun, ducked low to peer out into the dark beyond. Just an empty foyer of crumbling pillars and massive glass windows, shattered or overgrown with fungus. Colorful light from the fungal city and darkening sky pours in, casting long purple shadows. So where is Nyx?

'CRUSH!'

...ah. Outside, right. You stealth to the windows, beyond which is a set of stairs leading down into an enclosed courtyard of blasted rubble, fungus trees, and plant overgrowth. Spying among the noise, you manage to spot something moving- it was low to the ground but bulky as hell, ambling with a crab's slow through the mess. You spy two ENORMOUS claws raised above the brush, freakishly thick and clacking nonstop as they grasp around, scooping up debris before crushing it effortlessly. You look at Kwiat, who is making a low and wary chicken warble. You decide to find a quiet dark corner of the foyer to stash her in, before you cautiously approach the stairs. Standing at the top of them, you wait for the Pluto to begin circling close, and then loudly whisper out her name. Nyx. HEY. NYX.

The claws go still. After a beat, they aim towards you, and begin to RAPIDLY approach.

'CRUSH?''CRUSH.''CRUSH!!!'

Her vox was easier to understand than the other Plutos at least. You wait with a smile, rubbing your sore side from the fall. Ok at least it'd be easy to get her back up. You're not sure why they didn't just do it th*BOOM*

A window near to you ceases to exist in an explosion

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][40%][In Shock!]

THAT WAS A loving TANK SHELL ARMOR ARMOR HIT THE GROUND FIND COVER NOW!

'CCCRRUUUUUUUUUSH!!!!

*BOOM*

just like old times
back in the dusty streets again
dive into the brush, roll and stop, don't breathe

You peek, gun ready, gun gun what loving good is it against armor how do you slay a tank how...

You see Nyx clearly for the first time as she climbs onto the stairs, and your heart starts to rip wild with sweating fever fear. Fungal crab... encased in some kind of immense turtle-shell style tank armor, her main gun searching for her target, and she... you...

______________ posted:

You laugh, as Home's superstar comes waddling down the path, claws raised high as always. You're on the porch with Mom, who slaps your arm with a smile as she hoists her mighty self up to head down to talk to the Pluto. Mom's company had been doing great with the freedom of being Home's exclusive mining outfit, but their equipment was in pretty poor shape without the resources of being in a city like Anidus. But that had improved a great deal when Nyx had been signed on, outfitted with an immense drill and able to work with the outfit to start really pulling out some good poo poo from the south tunnel they had made. Miss Crocell had been extremely grateful for the work done to build her a small cold enclosure, such that the icy arctic moss dryad had a retreat from the tropic heat. You just hoped that her genetic therapy would one day soon come through, and she'd at last have the full cognitive function of her kind, combined with the Plutonic miracle of her ability to make leaps in logic.

(The Silver Mind - Mushroom!) 15 - [6]+[2]+[5] = 13 - Success.

can't stop can't help it your eyes are wet and your heart is stung you stand and you dig into your breast pocket as your lungs seize with hope's freeze and your mind reflects the infinite infinite infinite of a phrase enwrapped in silver and your mushrooms call out to the Pluto-

Nyx turns, scuttling fast, claws countering the weight as she flings her hatch to aim her cannon right at...

'Crow?'

You're holding it out where you stand. Both hands. That sacred thing, that holy proof, that mighty image. The photograph, held faced out to her. You don't move, and simply wait, feeling your mushrooms sing to her with desperation, your heart thunder with trepidation. Please. Please. Please.

Nyx lowers her claws, and starts a slow waddle towards you. She was much more broad and flat than the other Plutos, clearly deformed by the work done on her. Her wriggly headmass colors a brilliant silver for a moment, before it fades to a dull orange.

'Fungal?'

When she comes near, you sink to your knees, pressing the photo out to the tankcrab. She circles back and forth a few times, but then comes in close enough to look. She stares at the photo for a long moment, her dull colors roiling between shades of orange, purple, and gray... it flashes an unusual shade for just a split second, a golden color, before it suddenly explodes into a scintillating rainbow as she speaks.

'Me!'

She points a claw at the photo, smooshing it. Yes. You! Nyx! You can't help it. You're crying. You're relieved. You're pointing at the photo- you, you! You point at yourself in the back. Me. ME! Red, Blue, me, you! You're happy. You're so happy.

...but what's that strange light building all the way at the top of the skyscraper...?

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
i wonder what happens if we feed the right mushrooms to this Nyx

StillFullyTerrible
Feb 16, 2020

you should have left Let's Play open for public view, Lowtax
Nyx is mushrooms my dude.

habituallyred
Feb 6, 2015
Double Mushrooms!

Lobster Mushroom

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!

StillFullyTerrible posted:

Nyx is mushrooms my dude.

Different mushrooms.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
:shroom: mushroom? :shroom:

:shroom:

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Remind me how Nyx was connected to Camp?

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

When we were in the Heaven End camp, we recieved a photo that showed Dancer, Burner and a strange fungal tank creature. Hey look, Nyx is a strange fungal tank creature!

Edit: from the Heaven's End timeline:

quote:

I look at the photo and... and there I am...? Shrouded like I am now, a shadow, but there I am in the back, right there! Under it read BLACK CROWS - 200th YEAR CAMP CHAMPIONS. And there was Red and Blue! Blue in the air cheering, Red giving the peace sign with two burned fingers. But who are these strange four in the foreground with them? Two regal young women, one of them human, the other sylvan. The human was a strange witchy girl with Valkyrie adornments. The sylvan girl was more plain, lethal with her lazy smile. Under them was some kind of... strange fungus crab creature, inside of a bulky turtle-shell style tank armor.

Randalor fucked around with this message at 15:56 on Jan 14, 2021

Podima
Nov 4, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Hey, thanks! Appreciate it and everyone who keeps such careful track of all these little plot nuggets.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Huh. I kinda figured the people in the photo were other lords, and tankshroom was Moulder or something. Good spot.

Hodgepodge
Jan 29, 2006
Probation
Can't post for 208 days!
furthermushroom

https://phys.org/news/2021-01-future-homes-fungus.html

thank you this has been mushroom

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You're dragged right back into the warfield dread. It's here, to punish you for your single moment of revelation-joy... lightspeed slay, seen with your third eye before it even happens. What can you do? Nyx would be fried; would she survive? Do you take a dive? Is there any chance you can stay alive?

ANXIETY: [ X ][ X ][ X ][ X ][50%] [Shock]

God, you-

ANXIETY: [ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][ ! ][70%] [Despair]

Please, no, no don't do this don't keep stealing away EVERY LITTLE HOPE-

ANXIETY: [ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][ !!! ][90%] [Rage]

ST̡҉O̴̧P ̶̶I̵̵̵Ţ̴͝!͠!

The Silver Mind posted:

He was less his usual silver self, as you sit together in the spacial tent. He pours a second cup of coffee, and waits a beat while you take a sip. Aitvaras had gone back to catch a nap in the barracks before his next shift - no more sleeping on the job and getting caught.

The Psychic fiddles with his reading spectacles, and then speaks, with a nervous loss of his academic tone.

"I never gave you context. There's a reason the Silver Mind is so difficult to master. I developed it through dreaming centuries of practice- and I did it to escape my Glamour Psychosis."

You ask him again what that is- if he feels comfortable sharing it. That gets an unexpected smile out of the ever-young man. "I am with you. It's... what blossoms in you, once the Fae have made you one of their own. Your trauma manifest and made glorious glorious. How that wild magic gets into you, and how it comes out of you. It's different for everyone. Mania, vices, curses, habits, obsessions; thousands more. It's your everything. All you want to think about all you want to BE, and you're convinced upon life and death that it is you, the real you, watered by the jades of Mana and given beautiful artful life. It is the most colorful and crystalline cancer you will ever be proud to let parasite you. So... I needed to develop a way to overcome it. Achieve clarity."

He taps his coffee cup in remembrance. He looks at you.

"The Silver Mind is fed by a psychic space that is expanded by horror. Trial. Challenge. It's triage to trauma, and it grows most silver clear when in the most transparent danger. It's not your fault! You're HAPPY here. You're safe here. You're able to confront your hurt without the need for a space so cold and infinite it forces you to see it, reflected a million-true time."

You think on that. You think through events in your previous existence that would fit such a criteria, and find too many to count. You think of what you'd have to go through now, in this life, to provoke the strength of such silver that the Psychic is capable of.

No.

(The Silver Mind - PSI Mirror Ω) 9 - [2]+[1]+[1] = 4 - CRITICAL SUCCESS!!

No.

You- you're one of the Champions. Blue said so. She said she wouldn't lie- always gonna win. That has to be True. It has to ALWAYS be True, because Blue wouldn't lie to you. You promised. So you have to protect your teammate. Just like just like that summer oh it went on three months strong do you remember Nyx do you still hear Bella laughing and saying how much she wished you were on the Orange Crabs team with her a Black Crow should. You were the best Camper. You have to keep being that.

You just have to- let your shoulders relax. Please. Just let that murdering tension out. Poor raw thin muscles. Burning scalp. Neck strained. All of it let loosed in a single silver motion, arms draped over that cold metal shell, three eyes staring directly into the light of the descending destruction.

Effortless in that second of infinite reflection. It was a psionic assault. Immense, if unrefined. A beam of psychokinetic force, physical and mental, able to rend neurons and stop hearts. But you caught it. There, now, bouncing between three eyes, three colours, refracted forever off the internal silver of those three shades united. Then the light is cast back out... but you don't send it back. You free it into the sky, harmless.

You don't spare time to stare. You can already feel the mental connection beginning to form. Psychic waves intertwining across the ionized path. You pull on Nyx, and usher her up the stairs with ease, your mushrooms speaking to her with a colorful clarity that comes so naturally. You rush over and scoop Kwiat up, and urge Nyx into the elevator with all the shades that spoke of danger and needing safety.

You see another beam comes down, as the doors slide close. Aimed nowhere near where you were. Cast by a frightened, confused, unorganized thought.

You ascend.

ANXIETY: [10%]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

...LOADING

FAT BATMAN
Dec 12, 2009

The secret boss of the Congregation must be their HOA :stare:

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
The boss of the Congregation is clearly Getrude Stein based on that load screen.

Rubix Squid
Apr 17, 2014
BLACK CROWS BEST CAMPER!

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

[Sometimes, something new was discovered by the art of sheer luck. Every time the dice rolled, the RNG spoke, there were 4 chances of something exceptional happening. The Critical Success, the Critical Failure, and their more significant and rare forms- the Holy Intervention and the Hell Intervention. Two miracles, two damnations. It opened paths that would normally never be allowed with mundane success and failure, but it was entirely a shot in the dark if one would occur during a significant moment of RNG. Even if every onerun was the same, the chance of a Critical Success or Holy Intervention wouldn't be a promise even if the same roll for the same situatuon was made by a thousand runs.]

[So what was this? Was this a new road to resolution for Alyssa, the Plutos, and the Starmetal System? Usually Pluto Tower began with being taken hostage and forced to resolve Alyssa's problem on pain of death, but the choice of Psychic and the Critical Success of the mushroom cola bypassed that entirely. Then again, the Tower had been accessed by unconventional means, and it still had palette errors consistent with the Bloody Megalith, so no telling what exactly was influencing what. Nyx had somehow been resolved instantly, with a pink text box that came up and immediately closed before it could be read, and the sound of a bell. Then just as quickly... a Critical Success when given the Psychic option to defend against the Starmetal System's instakill beam.]

[All that was left to see is what the conflict with the artificial body would look like.]

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

You exhale. Your body is silver-cold, tension softened to numb. It tells you to look, look- there is Kwiat, safe in your lap. You're asking her again, pushing aside her scythe to beg beg how, how do I save her, I want to save her.

Here is Nyx, proof of the photo's promise, her headmass flickering through rainbow greens. #1 Camper - gotta make good on that, gotta show your fellow Champ that you have this under control. Of course you're going to help the Plutos. You feel shame for having planned their swift execution and abandonment only minutes before. No, no you can't do that now, can you?

You watch the Pluto circling in the elevator, chanting 'Beam? Beam? Crush!' with her claws raised high, Kwiat warbling as she jerks around in the sack. You comfort the nervous bird. You're alive. You're not going to die. You asked how, how do I save her, and the day will come that she MUST answer.

There it is again. Starmetal glimmering in the infinite silver reflection. Your third eye looking straight up through 75 floors to the crown, where a great halo of ethereal blue waits. The elevator stops back at Alyssa's floor, and you usher Nyx out. Your mushrooms do the talking for you - Go, Go, Stay Here Stay Here. Wait. Wait.

The doors close, and you press the button for the top floor. You slump back down, curled up with your feathery baby; your psionic senses soar upward across the tension cable created between you and the rogue etherboard. Rogue, nervous, desperate, scared; you resonate. The world is going going gone, elevator floor now a whirlpool swirl, the space expanding outwards with the flush of spores. You stand up unsteadily, long-limbed clumsy, holding onto the rail as you watch Kwiat's feathers constantly fractal-expand into a flowery white endless. Your thoughts are bouncing out of the black at the back of your brain, refracted out in angles of colorful light that orbit the ethereal halo. They don't dive in. They don't force the gate. Something past your brain's event horizon whispers ("That isn't what a Camp Champ would do to someone scared") and you hate that voice and want to listen to it forever. You simply circle, the cable taut but not noosed, tense but not snapped. It already knows you're more than Pluto, different than Jarbrains, something new with gravity.

The elevator doesn't stop at the 75th floor, but the 73rd - you understand why as the doors screech open. The crown of the tower was in near-collapse, with several floors having fallen through one another, leaving precious little concrete flesh draped over the metal skeleton, and no fungus to supplement its strength. The skies were dark with the late evening and the coming of another storm, the wind already howling mad through the dozen of tunnels and cracks made up by the decayed flooring. There was a light in that growing darkness- ethereal blue sparks coursing through leylines in the air, seen by your third eye as it remains unblinkingly open with your sudden silver synchronicity. If you can just ride it a little longer, remain within that perfect unity of red, blue, green, you might stand a chance of facing down what waits on the roof access above.

But before you step out... there was one last thing to risk and fear.

What do you do with Kwiat?

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
If we die, Kwiat will die, too.

At least this way we'll go together.

Randalor
Sep 4, 2011

Take Kwiat. Worst case scenario, we can pull a Link and use her to glide away. That's how chickens work in real life, right? Just like a video game?

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
Perhaps if Kwiat is hit repeatedly, she will summon an unstoppable horde of murderous chickens? Definitely worth a shot imo.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

This could get messy. In the state we’re in now, we might be able to deflect an instadeath laser, but that doesn’t mean there won’t be any damage to the nearby scenery - or to any nearby chickens. The safest place for Kwiat to be, right now, is by our side. And part of me still thinks Kwiat is the key to the Holy End - I think having her with us also raises the chances of us being able to resolve things peacefully.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
Yeah, in general--and with this event in particular given the blurbs we've seen related to it--I think our best bets are with trying to go off script and find undiscovered solutions to things. Taking Kwiat into a highly deadly encounter seems like a high risk move that possibly hasn't been attempted before.

Black August
Sep 28, 2003

VOTING CLOSED - My Chibby Bibby Baby
Leave Kwiat in the elevator and send her back to ground floor. - 1
Take Kwiat with you to face the Starmetal System. - 19

The Blue Book posted:

"...Marrowrust SUCKS, but such Lordly Malfeasance is absolutely worth the Blood of Tyrants for its..."

"...MC&D's most valued Agents. Her class is 'Pitiless' and it absolutely lives up to the Prince of Cold's..."

"...a good use for the 'Stay With Me!' command, since why would you want to waste medical help on an enemy you just..."

"...debate of which Store Theme is the best to buy for each Megalith Chapter; Abyssal and Aureolin are good for the Ocean Megalith, while Java and Hardcore are good fits for the Solar..."

"...best is Marshall Task Force Gold-7 ("Who Fixes The Fixers?"), Carter Task Force Bonus-2 ("Vowel Buyers"), Dark Task Force Crown-9 ("Kadath Parade Security"), and their Unified Task Force, known only by a green Δ..."

"...theorize it has something to do with the obtuse 'Beauty In Hell' mechanic; while exceptionally impactful, it's throttled by the chance of RNG and the tendency for Disquiet to..."

"...having managed to learn one facet of her Dance, giving them status as her most exceptional students. This includes And. Alma. Wore. Red.; Pax Pills; Midnight Slack; Pastel Hell; Mana Calx; Shark Water; MURDERCHURCH; Betty Ooze; Automatic|Slim; Dead End Sunday..."

"...most onerunners positive that there has to be something to the 'Lost End', for all the times reference to it has been seen in code that survives being dove before..."

"...uncomfortably tense since it's infested with Keleken Reaper Birds, with the only ambience being the wind screaming through their beaks when they start running to..."

Regallion
Nov 11, 2012

While everyone quietly appreciates MURDERCHURCH, i did not expect MC&D to have outright SCP taskforces, seemed like too much of a reference.

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
I like that Delta Green is still around, and evidently under new management.

Isaacs Alter Ego
Sep 18, 2007

I just wanted to say I really appreciate "Chorb" and "Chibby Bibby Baby" both. The way our character has bonded to Kwiat has been very endearing to me.

XkyRauh
Feb 15, 2005

Commander Keen is my hero.
I feel like there are so many references that I'm simply missing. This is my first Black August rodeo, so I'm in way over my head. Are there archived previous adventures I can fill in the blanks with? (Maybe someone Message me pelase, instead of cluttering the thread?)

Razakai
Sep 15, 2007

People are afraid
To merge on the freeway
Disappear here
There references are more to existing media as opposed to stuff she's written before (although the 2 stories of hers I've read do have similar themes to some degree). A lot of it is Cthulu Mythos stuff, though there's also stuff like SCP.

King of Bleh
Mar 3, 2007

A kingdom of rats.
I'm beginning to suspect that a substantial portion of Black August's motivation for this LP is purely as an outlet for all of these ridiculous codenames for the Backup.

pumpinglemma
Apr 28, 2009

DD: Fondly regard abomination.

Razakai posted:

There references are more to existing media as opposed to stuff she's written before (although the 2 stories of hers I've read do have similar themes to some degree). A lot of it is Cthulu Mythos stuff, though there's also stuff like SCP.
Ooh, she's written more stuff? Any chance you could link them?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

placid saviour
Apr 6, 2009
Seconded! I'd read the poo poo out of anything August does.

Also... is SCP still good nowadays?