Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

JacquelineDempsey posted:

From a ways back, but as a fry/grill cook I absolutely must have context for this. The first balloon made me shriek in terror, the second made me:psyduck:

It's the Onburglar.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

From a ways back, but as a fry/grill cook I absolutely must have context for this. The first balloon made me shriek in terror, the second made me:psyduck:

I like how the cook looks like he's been waiting for a customer to say that his whole life.

JacquelineDempsey
Aug 6, 2008

Women's Circuit Bender Union Local 34

davidspackage posted:

I like how the cook looks like he's been waiting for a customer to say that his whole life.

To be fair, we do have a love/hate relationship with those tickets. My all time favorite was "Spanish omelet, egg on the side". We all kinda stared at each other, then made a mess of tomato, onion, pepper, and cheese, and threw it on a plate with some scrambled eggs, with the same grin as that comic cook. Have it your way, indeed.

Air Skwirl
May 13, 2007

Neither snow nor rain nor heat nor gloom of night stays these couriers from the swift completion of their appointed shitposting.

To be fair, we do have a love/hate relationship with those tickets. My all time favorite was "Spanish omelet, egg on the side". We all kinda stared at each other, then made a mess of tomato, onion, pepper, and cheese, and threw it on a plate with some scrambled eggs, with the same grin as that comic cook. Have it your way, indeed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Ah4tW-k8Ao&ab_channel=deeboi70

Ghostlight
Sep 25, 2009

maybe for one second you can pause; try to step into another person's perspective, and understand that a watermelon is cursing me

Darthemed posted:

Super-Villain Team-Up #15 (1978)
Is that Red Skull? Birds of a feather...

Mooseontheloose
May 13, 2003

Darthemed posted:

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #9 (2017)

Spider-Man Team Up Stories: The Capitol Police.

Phy
Jun 27, 2008

Fun Shoe

Darthemed posted:

Spidey Super Stories #22 (1977)

Roger Carmel??

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Phy posted:

Roger Carmel??

"No one will suspect that secretly, The Onion Man is... Harcourt Fenton Mudd!"

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Origin story:

The onions are for a power boost.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

Crime was his only option since nobody would give him a blow job.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Spy X Family

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost

Ghostlight posted:

Is that Red Skull? Birds of a feather...

I love that Cap is apparently not disabled badly enough by the ray to talk about it.

S-some sort of bullet, piercing me!

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Lobok posted:

Crime was his only option since nobody would give him a blow job.

Every incel's excuse.

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

Whiz Comics #26 (1942)

Rocky and His Fiendish Friends #2 (1962)

The Defenders #17 (1974)

Damage Control #2 (1991)

(later)

Spider-Man's Tangled Web #21 (2003)

scary ghost dog
Aug 5, 2007

Darthemed posted:

(later)

Spider-Man's Tangled Web #21 (2003)

whos the artist here? i love when superhero comics are drawn like archie, its very expressive

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

scary ghost dog posted:

whos the artist here? i love when superhero comics are drawn like archie, its very expressive

Looks like J Bone with Darwyn Cooke writing and lettering

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat

Darthemed posted:

Damage Control #2 (1991)

What bad could come from Damage Control manipulating the New Warriors into a fight?

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
I weep for those who had to live when white culture desired flat butts. Must've been hell

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

site posted:

I weep for those who had to live when white culture desired flat butts. Must've been hell

It's also hilarious given Bone and Cooke's art style

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice
Bonus page from that issue.

Nilbop
Jun 5, 2004

Looks like someone forgot his hardhat...

site posted:

Dexter's Mom was the one star in our sky.

Scaramouche
Mar 26, 2001

SPACE FACE! SPACE FACE!

Nilbop posted:

She had it going on

John Dyne
Jul 3, 2005

Well, fuck. Really?

Nilbop posted:

Her character animator went on to be the head of Pixar's character design team.

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
Symbiote Spider-Man: King In Black #3: look this setup is really complicated but let's just sum it up like this: Spider-Man is having to go into space to chase a bad guy and finds himself being helped by Kang the Conqueror (also Rocket Raccoon is there). Everyone's having a real hard time accepting Kang as a good guy.

(skip a few pages, Kang has managed to remove a symbiote-like shadow monster from an unknown person in a tube... )

oh yeah and the story takes place in the 80s so that's why Spidey's in the symbiote suit, Monica Rambeau is Captain Marvel, and Rocket's outfit is so awful.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

TwoPair posted:

Symbiote Spider-Man: King In Black #3: look this setup is really complicated but let's just sum it up like this: Spider-Man is having to go into space to chase a bad guy and finds himself being helped by Kang the Conqueror (also Rocket Raccoon is there). Everyone's having a real hard time accepting Kang as a good guy.

(skip a few pages, Kang has managed to remove a symbiote-like shadow monster from an unknown person in a tube... )

oh yeah and the story takes place in the 80s so that's why Spidey's in the symbiote suit, Monica Rambeau is Captain Marvel, and Rocket's outfit is so awful.

I remember back in the day when it was first hinted at that the black suit was actually evil, it was like #whoa #wow, except #s weren't really used for anything back then. Welp thanks for reading have a nice day.

davidspackage
May 16, 2007

Nap Ghost
Holy poo poo, Kang rolling his eyes :rolleyes:

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.
"Because I live within it, you idiot" is slaying me.

Most of my comic reading is this thread, so there's a lot of character history I have no idea about, but looking at Kang's story on Wikipedia, I would happily watch a time travelling comedy of alternate Kang's constantly loving up each other's plans of conquest.

Metalshark
Feb 4, 2013

The seagull is essential.

Elissimpark posted:

"Because I live within it, you idiot" is slaying me.

Most of my comic reading is this thread, so there's a lot of character history I have no idea about, but looking at Kang's story on Wikipedia, I would happily watch a time travelling comedy of alternate Kang's constantly loving up each other's plans of conquest.

It's not a comedy, but Avengers Forever is a 12 issue series that's really good and is essentially a fun team of Avengers caught up in Kang versus Immortus (Future Kang as opposed to Kang, from the future) shenanigans.

N.b. this predates the creation of Iron Lad, who is young Kang (from the future).

Elissimpark
May 20, 2010

Bring me the head of Auguste Escoffier.

Metalshark posted:

It's not a comedy, but Avengers Forever is a 12 issue series that's really good and is essentially a fun team of Avengers caught up in Kang versus Immortus (Future Kang as opposed to Kang, from the future) shenanigans.

N.b. this predates the creation of Iron Lad, who is young Kang (from the future).

Thanks, I'll have a look.

TheCenturion
May 3, 2013
HI I LIKE TO GIVE ADVICE ON RELATIONSHIPS

TwoPair posted:

This is one of the stories Monica would start telling in Nextwave, get made fun of, and stop telling.

“And a talking raccoon? Sounds a bit rubbish, darling.”

site
Apr 6, 2007

Trans pride, Worldwide
Bitch
Why is knull attacking the 80s

Darthemed
Oct 28, 2007

"A data unit?
For me?
"

College Slice

The Thing! #7 (1953)

Strange Tales #93 (1962)

Haunted #33 (1977)

Deadpool #-1 (1997)
background reference

Ben Reilly: The Scarlet Spider #11 (2018)

Ignite Memories
Feb 27, 2005

There's basically nothing more spider-man than resting your phone on your bedside table but forgetting to plug it in

Push El Burrito
May 9, 2006

Soiled Meat
Dang they're gonna bone.

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin
Is Ben Reilly still being harangued by Death because that’s incredibly funny

CannonFodder
Jan 26, 2001

Passion’s Wrench
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HrIeP798hiQ

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

Man... Marauders is just sooooo good.

Marauders #017 (2021)

thetoughestbean
Apr 27, 2013

Keep On Shroomin

Saoshyant posted:

Man... Marauders is just sooooo good.

Marauders #017 (2021)

...I don’t get the first one, and probably need context for the second

Saoshyant
Oct 26, 2010

:hmmorks: :orks:

thetoughestbean posted:

...I don’t get the first one, and probably need context for the second

First: Emma Frost is emasculating long time dipshit Sebastian Shaw by hinting his son is not his, right in front of him.

Second: racist fuckwits Fenris just got called out by other former villains, Morlock leaders Calysto and Masque.

Sorry, in my enthusiasm I didn't remember not everyone is a huge X-fan doofus (e.g. me) who could understand these panels without context.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

LordSaturn
Aug 12, 2007

sadly unfunny

Saoshyant posted:

Sorry, in my enthusiasm I didn't remember not everyone is a huge X-fan doofus (e.g. me) who could understand these panels without context.

yeah, I recognize most of those characters by name but not from their appearances in these panels. what's going on in this issue, some kind of trial by combat thing?

also I had to google Fenris and what the gently caress are those powers supposed to be? world-beating Nazi super science and they still have to hold hands to do anything? it's like the where-is-your-chin of superpowers