Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

After growing up in Depression-era Brooklyn it's actually a miracle Cap utters any words that aren't expletives.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Shirkelton
Apr 6, 2009

I'm not loyal to anything, General... except the dream.
The Russo Bros are not good directors, and neither Markus or McFeely are particularly good writers and none of them have comics careers worth thinking about, if at all, but even they didn't do something that stupid.

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

howe_sam posted:

That is by far and away my least favorite joke in the entire MCU. The idea that Cap, a guy who served in WW2, would chide somebody for swearing is patently ridiculous.

muscles like this!
Jan 17, 2005

I just remembered that Venom 2: Oops all Carnage was originally supposed to come out this summer. Wonder if that is actually going to happen.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

muscles like this! posted:

I just remembered that Venom 2: Oops all Carnage was originally supposed to come out this summer. Wonder if that is actually going to happen.

Filming is complete and it's still scheduled for June for now.

Edit: And I just saw an article saying a trailer will debut during the Superbowl.

Aphrodite fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Jan 12, 2021

FlamingLiberal
Jan 18, 2009

Would you like to play a game?

I’m fully expecting more delays for those films. Morbius was first but Black Widow scheduled for May could easily get bumped again.

Lager
Mar 9, 2004

Give me the secret to the anti-puppet equation!

https://twitter.com/realDonaldBrunt/status/1348993783178911745?s=20

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

Comic book movies were a mistake

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer

Lobok posted:

After growing up in Depression-era Brooklyn it's actually a miracle Cap utters any words that aren't expletives.

Or slurs

Alhazred
Feb 16, 2011

Circutron posted:

Whedon in general seemed to have a real problem mixing comic Cap's tone with movie Cap's tone, and this was a symptom of that.

The line about there only being one God was pretty bad.

Retrowave Joe
Jul 20, 2001

Jose Whedon’s Cap belongs in a Hostess Pie ad and nowhere else.

SonicRulez
Aug 6, 2013

GOTTA GO FIST

howe_sam posted:

That is by far and away my least favorite joke in the entire MCU. The idea that Cap, a guy who served in WW2, would chide somebody for swearing is patently ridiculous.

Both Guardians films have a moment where someone uses the word "turd" and I cringed both times. It's really awkward both times.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to

SonicRulez posted:

Both Guardians films have a moment where someone uses the word "turd" and I cringed both times. It's really awkward both times.

My turds are famously huge!

My pitch for Deadpool in the MCU is that he's on Fox earth and Galactius is eating the planet, and there's a brief voice over where Wade is going "Yea the big purple guy got sick of all the bat Fantastic Four movies too and decided to put the whole planet out of its misery. Though now you're favorite hero, Deadpool, is stuck trying not to be turned into lunch". And he finds a portal that's there for some reason and shows up in NYC, and its exactly the shot from the end of The First Avenger, Wade comments on that, but instead of SHIELD showing up and helping him, the NYPD shows up and just mag dumps into Deadpool.

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

I feel like you're overestimating the cleverness of these movies.

They will make a microverse/micropenis joke and then he will be in the MCU.

Gavok
Oct 10, 2005

Brock! Oh, man, I'm sorry about your...

...tooth?

"X-Force? Never heard of you."

"Well, we're a very big deal."

"Then why didn't you help out against Thanos?"

"Oh, my big metal friend here can explain. Colossus?"

"Wade, I don't want to say this."

"Colossus."

"*sigh* We were busy on the moon."

"And why were we on the moon?"

"Because... we are Inhumans."

"And...?"

"We were always Inhumans. I feel dirty."

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Wanda: NO MORE INHUMANS!

Happy Noodle Boy
Jul 3, 2002

The mutant introduction to the MCU should be a full breakdown of the Summers family tree.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

Lets just cut to the chase and have an after credits scene of Deadpool and Reed Richards arguing about the logical holes in the X-Men continuity.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug

STAC Goat posted:

Lets just cut to the chase and have an after credits scene of Deadpool and Reed Richards arguing about the logical holes in the X-Men continuity.

Replace the marvel pre-movie bumper with it.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

This is how I see existing MCU movies if we're just assuming this retroactive continuity.

"Out on the town having the time of my life with a bunch of X-Men. They're all just out of frame, laughing too."

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
I know if they just straight up said that say, the classic X-men have been around this whole time, and their existence has been kept secret due to Fury and Xavier working together. Maybe Fury is keeping the X-men in the back pocket in case poo poo goes so sideways the Avengers need some backup. Or just keeping them hidden so people don't freak the poo poo out. But since the Unsnap happened, mutants are starting to appear and be born, and now they can no longer keep it a secret.

STAC Goat
Mar 12, 2008

Watching you sleep.

Butt first, let's
check the feeds.

I like the vague idea that Wanda and Pietro were mutants all along and the Infinity Gem awakened it. I like the idea that The Snap or WandaVision causes a chain reaction that awakens mutants en masse. It makes sense (as much as comics do) and is a fun twist on Wanda's comic history.

I don't actually think anything's worth retconning to salvage besides Deadpool and X-Force. And you can play around with that stuff with dimension hopping and meta stuff. But like... Outside of Jackman, Lawrence, McAvoy, Stewart, and Fassbender is there anything we really want to hold onto? And like even if you could get those actors back you can always just wipe their slates clean or bring them in as a dimension jumpers or something. It just feels like it would be easier and more satisfying to start new for the most part.

I dunno. It still feels like so much is in flux and we're about to have a massive multiverse paradigm shift that opens up all kinds of possibilities.

Lobok
Jul 13, 2006

Say Watt?

The X-Men live way up in north Westchester. All of their adventures have been contained there so the world just hasn't heard about them. Magneto has been mostly ransacking antique shops.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009

Lobok posted:

The X-Men live way up in northWestchester. All of their adventures have been contained there so the world just hasn't heard about them. Magneto has been mostly ransacking antique shops.

McKellan would be hilarious doing that, by the way. Just alternating being catty about a battered ottomon before overturning some middle-aged lesbian couple's Volvo.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?
I can't help but think of my pitch for the post credits scene for Endgame. Credits ends cut to a cinema theater bathroom with four urinals a normal stall and a handicap stall, Hawkeye, Black Panter, Buckey and Ant Man enter and each take a stall followed by Hulk who claims the handicap stall Thor enters and turns on a faucet to splash water on his face. After a moment Deadpool and Cable enter with the former complaining that the movie was too long and that no movie should be longer than two hours and fifteen minutes, two and a half tops and enters the remaining stall. Everyone else looks on at him as this happens and after he enters the stall they all start giving Cable some wierd looks. He responds with "The gently caress you lookin' at." Cut to black.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Not exactly a spoiler but once again Lego has a bunch of stuff out early, this time for Eternals .
Gives a bit of background and some character/creature looks. Could be a Mandarin Motorcycle again but they look pretty legit

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I definitely want a Lego Celestial. I am not putting this in spoilers because it's an Eternals movie and Celestials will be in it. And were already shown in Guardians of the Galaxy in any case.

Opopanax
Aug 8, 2007

I HEX YE!!!

Endless Mike posted:

I definitely want a Lego Celestial. I am not putting this in spoilers because it's an Eternals movie and Celestials will be in it. And were already shown in Guardians of the Galaxy in any case.

Same but I also hate the new look. Make mine Kirby!

theironjef
Aug 11, 2009

The archmage of unexpected stinks.

STAC Goat posted:

I like the vague idea that Wanda and Pietro were mutants all along and the Infinity Gem awakened it. I like the idea that The Snap or WandaVision causes a chain reaction that awakens mutants en masse. It makes sense (as much as comics do) and is a fun twist on Wanda's comic history.

I don't actually think anything's worth retconning to salvage besides Deadpool and X-Force. And you can play around with that stuff with dimension hopping and meta stuff. But like... Outside of Jackman, Lawrence, McAvoy, Stewart, and Fassbender is there anything we really want to hold onto? And like even if you could get those actors back you can always just wipe their slates clean or bring them in as a dimension jumpers or something. It just feels like it would be easier and more satisfying to start new for the most part.

I dunno. It still feels like so much is in flux and we're about to have a massive multiverse paradigm shift that opens up all kinds of possibilities.

I don't even want to keep any of the Professor and Magneto actors. I got plenty sick of every movie being about them and Mystique no matter how it started over the seemingly 34 X-Men movies that have happened already. I'd be fine with Professor X not even being in the first few MCU X-properties, and even happier to just never see Mystique again.

Lurdiak
Feb 26, 2006

I believe in a universe that doesn't care, and people that do.

The United States posted:

Only if we get Phoenix vs Galactus

I wish any of the movies looked this good, even briefly.

twistedmentat
Nov 21, 2003

Its my party
and I'll die if
I want to
Yea honestly, outside of like Wade and some others from Deadpool, i say wipe the whole slate clean and get a new bunch of actors in there. Though i don't have a problem with them keeping New Mutants cast in there. Especially Anya Taylor-Joy being pretty hot right now.

Also I really hope Marvel resists the desire to just have the core X-men again, Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, hank and of course Logan. Gimme some Glob Herman, Hellion, Bling and Eye Boy.

Uh wait, they could totally do Spider-Man and the X-men.

Lunatic Sledge
Jun 8, 2013

choose your own horror isekai sci-fi Souls-like urban fantasy gamer simulator adventure

or don't?

twistedmentat posted:

Yea honestly, outside of like Wade and some others from Deadpool, i say wipe the whole slate clean and get a new bunch of actors in there. Though i don't have a problem with them keeping New Mutants cast in there. Especially Anya Taylor-Joy being pretty hot right now.

Also I really hope Marvel resists the desire to just have the core X-men again, Scott, Jean, Bobby, Warren, hank and of course Logan. Gimme some Glob Herman, Hellion, Bling and Eye Boy.

Uh wait, they could totally do Spider-Man and the X-men.

antman & the wasp & ghost & spider-man & the x-men feat. dante from the devil may cry™ series

but seriously the deadpool version of the deadpool characters are perfect and I don't want them to change or get de-canoned except weasel

tj miller can in fact be launched from a cannon

cant cook creole bream
Aug 15, 2011
I think Fahrenheit is better for weather
Anything important to know about the Eternals? I don't really know a bit about them. From what I gather, they sorta died around the time I've started to read Marvel comics.

David D. Davidson
Nov 17, 2012

Orca lady?

Lunatic Sledge posted:

but seriously the deadpool version of the deadpool characters are perfect and I don't want them to change or get de-canoned except weasel

tj miller can in fact be launched from a cannon

He's not coming back.

Ugly In The Morning
Jul 1, 2010
Pillbug
Didn’t a bunch of TJ Miller’s filmed scenes in Deadpool get cut due to his behavior?

Aphrodite
Jun 27, 2006

He doesn’t appear after the Cable scene right?

They probably should have had him just kill him, but I guess most of the audience probably doesn’t know what he did and that would be a bit too villainous.

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
Recast him with... say... Joel McHale and make one joke about it, then move on.

Chill Penguin
Jan 10, 2004

you know korky buchek?
It’s simple- any movie with “x-men” in the title is no longer canon. Keep the rest.

Inkspot
Dec 3, 2013

I believe I have
an appointment.
Mr. Goongala?
So... X2, The Wolverine, Deadpool, Logan, Deadpool 2, Dark Phoenix, and The New Mutants?

That is a mixed bag at best.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gaz-L
Jan 28, 2009
X2: X-Men United, is the full title, I think you'll find. Plus I always found it overrated in Singer's overly po-faced way